Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47330 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Oludrex(m): 11:45am On Nov 17, 2013
dorox: It only goes to show that if they had built their houses as solidly as that lifeless statue, perhaps their houses would still be standing with fewer lives lost in the typhoon.
The same thing happens here when struggling families sacrifice a lot to fund the lavish life style of their pastors in the vain hope that God would somehow reward them for such gross foolishness when they should instead be thinking of how to get the maximum utility from their income.
U got brain
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Danhumprey: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2013
philclem: did u in any way in d pishure see anybody bow before it? U just occupied space for usefun comment undecided
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 17, 2013
chucky234: The 5,000 lives lost could be sinners,fornicaters,robbers,liars,prostitutes,e.t.c
our God knows his true people and will be there for them in times of sorrow.

are you serious!!! you mean new born babies were also fornicators and robbers. what a merciful loving god u serve!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2013
Jesus is not a servant.. U deluded ignoramus..

DJDOLA: JESUS is servant of God....stop calling jesus God
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

common sense is greater than god. those who use common sense know there is no god.

Your opinion.

And your opinion matters not to believers.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2013
Elan83: i tnk u're not wise,so u might b a fool who knos!

If my being human and not saying that 5000 philipinos including kids deserved to die makes me a fool so be it.

Let me be that fool

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2013
chucky234: The 5,000 lives lost could be sinners,fornicaters,robbers,liars,prostitutes,e.t.c
our God knows his true people and will be there for them in times of sorrow.

Wasn't it 10,000 lives lost

Even if they were sinners, such deaths could have been averted if they prayed and sacrificed to the wind and sea gods, instead they pray to a mountain god

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gothrones(m): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Oh Good! So you believe Isaiah.

Let us read Isaiah 9:6 then...

For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.

You see that Mary is the Mother of God?

Or you still want to argue?

How can Mary give birth to God if God is already ALIVE? Is it possible for another person to give birth to you, while you are already alive? Does that make any sense to you? My point in quoting the Bible was to show you that the book is full of contradictions.

If you believe that God created everything, how can you believe that someone gave birth to God? So God created Mary and then she gave birth to God? Even you must agree that the Bible is the greatest source of confusion in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 11:49am On Nov 17, 2013
Read the Holy book(BIBLE)
And btw I knw u dnt knw the meaning of r£tard..

gothrones:

How do you know this? Do you have proof of this? You are a rétard.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2013
12month:

no... u can use idols to represent Gods presence but me I can never do that

That's ur business. Your ancestors did so wats the big deal?

It's not necessary anyway
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007: Once upon a time, our fore fathers go into the bush and cut down trees which they carve into object which they postrate to and worship as their god and personal protector, years late, there comes the white man who think our fore fathers fool for postrating and worshiping log of wood and stones they carved with their own hands, therefore the white man mould images out of mud/ cement and paint pictures of their fathers with well trimed beards and gave it to our fathers to worship as their god.

Ques: what is the different between the woods that are carved and worshiped by our fore fathers which are termed idols and these cement moulded version/ artistically painted picture of their father brought to us by the white.....

submission: if what our fore fathers do then is idolatery then these can't be anything else but idol worshipping too...

Stop acting silly

Our ancestors worshipped gods not idols
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 11:51am On Nov 17, 2013
The gods protect us
Ase!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Emilord(m): 11:52am On Nov 17, 2013
Well,i don't believe in statue anyway
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by SalC: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2013
Only God knows why and how he does his thing. We are human so we just stand in awe of God.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2013
O boi glasses day help thinking.? Dondi united graduate...Lwkm4h

ALEXIS0240: to see the statue and do what...guy you over need am pass me to help your thinking.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by deols(f): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2013
Is that what Jesus looked like? Does the status even have a spiritual significance, especially when the true picture of what it represents can not be ascertained?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by SalC: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2013
apocalypse:

Oya italo come and answer this and bring along a passage in the Bible which says Mary is the mother of God
He has answered that using Isa 9V6. If the child to be BORN is the MIGHTY GOD and the EVERLASTING FATHER, then what else is there to prove.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
ur case of fooolishnes don reach breaking point... Even if dem use Dettol wash ur brain u go still day tink dirty.. For God(jesus) to come to earth(in a normal way) with out the likes of u tinking He is sum1 to run away from.. He needed an earthly means... Try to reason wit ur head...

gothrones:

How can Mary give birth to God if God is already ALIVE? Is it possible for another person to give birth to you, while you are already alive? Does that make any sense to you? My point in quoting the Bible was to show you that the book is full of contradictions.

If you believe that God created everything, how can you believe that someone gave birth to God? So God created Mary and then she gave birth to God? Even you must agree that the Bible is the greatest source of confusion in the world.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
Image worshiping people are here again. Make no image either in HEAVEN or on EARTH, that is the warning of God when he was given the 10 commandment.
That is not Jesus image, but image that men portrayed as Jesus.
Worship Jesus in Spirit and Soul.
Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Proffdada: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

common sense is greater than god. those who use common sense know there is no god.
Of cuz there's a God,except u r a product of accidental discharge from ur father

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
I ask you why you hold the definition of God that you do. First, you said "because that is the definition."

When I showed you that the statement didnt make any sense, you quoted the verse. Now that I quoted from the same man again you're backing out.

Tell me how you came to that definition of God.

And do you believe the Bible...yes or no?

gothrones:

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
God told the Israelites to make images...yes or no?

gzib: Image worshiping people are here again. Make no image either in HEAVEN or on EARTH, that is the warning of God when he was given the 10 commandment.
That is not Jesus image, but image that men portrayed as Jesus.
Worship Jesus in Spirit and Soul.
Gbam
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Samabu07(m): 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
The media ranks between 4000-5000 deaths. We can assume how the media/Govts etc hides the actual value of deadly/disasters/terror occurence.
Secondly, if you believe that Jesus is born of Mary and same Jesus is God, then Mary is the Mother of God or perhaps Jesus (to fulfill the holy scriptures.
Thirdly, For you, who will never accept that Jesus is the one True Lord and God...let the light of God show you the only way.
Jesus said...the comforter (Holy Spirit) will come and teach you all things.
If you are in strong doubt, pls go into findings (prayers).
Pls, we should stick to whatever trend we are on.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Shankboye(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
Is dis how jesus really look like? Keep deceiving urself! Mumu
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by donniemc: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though
You and Everybody that has liked this post will never make it to heaven.[mark my words]

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by smiley1985(f): 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
DJDOLA: JESUS is servant of God....stop calling jesus God

You having a different believe doesn't mean I am suppose to accept your own believe so please hold you side.

believe in what ever and I believe in every word my christian bible says.

Thank you
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by kevoh(m): 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
Instead of bantering up and down about statues angry , why not go to globalgiving and donate to support the philippines after this typhoon ordeal. Christ taught us to love our neighbours as ourselves another passage James 1:27 comes to mind too.

Here's a link : https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/super-typhoon-haiyan-relief-fund/?rf=twtr&utm_campaign=DISASTER&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=2013-11-12-10-20-00

You can donate any amount so far you have a Visa or a mastercard. Let's help those in need, Let's be true christians enough pointless arguments already.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
donniemc:
You and Everybody that has liked this post will never make it to heaven.[mark my words]

And u would?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Ptoocool(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
Catholics'll be lyk

HAIL MARY..
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cold(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
Indeed, God sure has a sense of humour

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dokia: 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
What aboUt all the churches and people thaT didnt make it....let us stop trying to find meaning in everything

phlame: As Typhoon Haiyan tore through the Philippines, it caused destruction on an unprecedented scale, tearing up homes and causing families to flee its violent path.

However, one survivor continued to stand tall with arms outstretched-- a giant statue of Jesus Christ that escaped unscathed from the natural disaster.

Though Haiyan erased entire towns from the map, Jesus remains upright, casting a protective gaze over the coastal town of Tanauan, in the central Philippines.

Pope Francis urged Catholics worldwide to pray for the victims of the typhoon that ravaged the Philippines, which has the largest number of Catholics in Asia.

The preservation of the statue has served as a symbol of hope to those still struggling to survive the typhoon's wounds, which left around 5,000 dead, according to recent death tolls.

Miracle, or simply coincidence?

SOURCE http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/jesus-statue-typhoon_n_4284415.html?1384553100&ncid=webmail17

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Video Of A Lady Flirting With Evangelist Ebuka Obi During Deliverance / Pastor Who Shares Fufu And Cow Meat Soup After Church Service Goes Viral / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.