Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47348 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Jesus sent angels to protect his statue made by man instead of saving the lives of many innocent women and children?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by sunex: 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
is the lord's doing
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by richeyy(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

Then let everyone believe whatever they want to believe and stop making noise.

There is God the FATHER
there is God the SON
and there is God the HOLY SPIRIT

the true christians know this

Thank you Sis! It was the same Jesus who said: Go then to the nations and make then my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by kinethic: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Gullible and lazybone, religious bigots and the disobedient ones , sign looking, feather weighted and untried plus man fearing , ignoramus and slumbering Christians would believe that the stone is Christ.
They would quickly the word of God that says do not make any image or worship. This what is happening everywhere . We call our selves christians by observing these idols and images.
Read your bible and obey what the word of God says not what men says.
Stupid and idiotic Christians bewitched by traditions of men.
Sinning from day to day with impunity and always quick to dabble into fairy tales and fables .
Keep focusing on statutes and mixture of cement sand and water erected like the Greeks in the ancient days and calling it Christ.
Christians are very sturbborn and stiff necked no wonder God is dealing with us now .
We go suffer well well.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:
I quoted over 10 verses of the bibble where Jesus himself made it know that he isn't GOD, But u quoted just a verse where thomas (a disciple of jesus) refer to jesus as his lord and GOD, thomas must have been overwhelmed by the miracles and teachings of Jesus to say so, and he said, my Lord and my God and not our Lord and our GOD, should we start believing the disciple (thomas) over the teacher (jesus)...

AND LOOK AT YOU ASKING ME IF I WANT TO ARGUE AS IF YOU ARE UP TO THE TASK...I QUOTE 10 VERSE YOU QUOTE 1,
AND MIND YOU, I'M A MUSLIM AND I KNOW YOUR BIBBLE MORE THAN YOU DO....SHAME....LEARN TO READ YOUR BIBBLE BRO, AND NOT JUST BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE BEEN TOLD BY YOUR PASTOR HOOK LINE AND SINKER...

You dont know the Bible. You only think you do. Thomas was a Jew who would never blaspheme the name of God if he didn't think Jesus were God.

Let me give you another one.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

That is God speaking of Jesus.

Was God also overwhelmed by Jesus' miracles and teachings? grin

What is your excuse this time?

Mind you, I have dozens of verses; but I choose to see you twist each one after the other.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox: @italo: What would you say to a man who heroically enters a burning building with lots of people trapped inside, including women and children only to come out some moments later proudly holding a statue of himself that he went through all that trouble to save, leaving those trapped in the building to their own fate?
Would you tell people of his heroic feat in saving his statue, or would you call him a wicked man with seriously misplaced priority?

I wouldn't know why he did that...but I would most likely have a bad impression of him.

So what is your point?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ismokeweed1(f): 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox: @italo: What would you say to a man who heroically enters a burning building with lots of people trapped inside, including women and children only to come out some moments later proudly holding a statue of himself that he went through all theternity rouble to save, leaving those trapped in the building to their own fate?
Would you tell people of his heroic feat in saving his statue, or would you call him a wicked man with seriously misplaced priority?

Every single person alive must DIE one day

Because 5000 people lost their lives in a flood doesn't make God wicked, it's just how things are.

What you should be worried about is WHAT NEXT AFTER DEATH because that is the path that no earthly human or vice has answered till date, only God knows why he created you and only God knows what would happen when you are no more

So people trying to discredit God should think about it. . . why must you liken your life to resemble that of an insect? God said so himself that the human life is the highest he ever created and gave us dominion over the entire earth and whatever is in it.

If you liken your life to be like that of an ant that would be extinguished without any hope of a resurrection as God promises, then keep on being an unbeliever.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dorox(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

I wouldn't know why he did that...but I would most likely have a bad impression of him.

So what is your point?
My point is that it is silly to think that Jesus and Mary are so vain to save statues fashioned by men who doesn't even know how they must have looked like over thousands of innocent children.
Those statues survive because they where well built as well as having a low drag coefficient on account of their relatively narrow profile compared to a house.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Arlex(m): 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ismokeweed1(f): 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox:
My point is that it is silly to think that Jesus and Mary are so vain to save statues fashioned by men who doesn't even know how they must have looked like over thousands of innocent children.
Those statues survive because they where well built as well as having a low drag coefficient on account of their relatively narrow profile.

It's still doesn't change the fact that God can save whatever and whoever.

If those people died and their cars, houses, clothes, roads etc survived, then why must you make a big deal out of it? During the Ikeja bomb blast that happened some years back thousands also died, even boko harm keeps on killing hundreds everyday.

It was a natural disaster, people must die. It's too bad that the numbers were much but it'snot the first time it happened. If a few christians decided to draw hope and faith from the symbolism of that statue surviving the storm then let them be my good friend
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Proffdada: 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Let's get this straight:
1)Mary is NEVER God's mother but just a vessel which doesn't make her an immortal virgin to b revered
2)Trinity is a spiritual so everyway to describe that physically will be futile n detrimental. D only way u can view dat is 1x1x1=1
3)making any graven image is against God's commandments
4)Jesus is the Only Salvation to mankind n thru Him only we can reconcile with God our Father

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

You dont know the Bible. You only think you do. Thomas was a Jew who would never blaspheme the name of God if he didn't think Jesus were God.

Let me give you another one.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

That is God speaking of Jesus.

Was God also overwhelmed by Jesus' miracles and teachings? grin

What is your excuse this time?

Mind you, I have dozens of verses; but I choose to see you twist each one after the other.

IF YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTEN, THEN INSTEAD OF TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR VIEW BY QUOTING SOME FLIMSY VERSE IN THE BIBBLE YOU SHOULD RATHER TRY TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY JESUS HIMSELF WAS TELLING PEOPLE HE WASN'T GOD(AS SEEN IN THE VERSES I QUOTED ABOVE) OR ARE U SAYING THOSE VERSES AREN'T IN THE BIBBLE OR I INVENTED THEM OR MAYBE THEY ARE TORN FROM YOUR OWN BIBBLE, THE QUESTIONS ARE; ALL THAT I QUOTED ABOVE ARE THEY IN THE BIBBLE OR NOT, 2) DID JESUS SAID IT OR NOT, 3) DID HE MEAN WHAT HE SAID OR IS THERE ANY OTHER EXPLANATION FOR WHAT HE SAID, IF YES THEN EXPLAIN TO US ALL THOSE VERSES ONE AFTER THE OTHER....
Mathew 23:9 " But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only."
from the verse above, it is obvious that your god (Jesus) dosent even know the day of resurrection....
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by druid06(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joavid: What rubbish!! angry
I don't believe in no manmade graven images! It is all idol worship!

Paying homage to all sort of graven images claiming it to be jesus or whatever....and whoever moved this shyte to front page is not a Christian,perhaps a muslim mod.

Y'all cannot spoil my blessed sunday angry

Infact,if I had a dyke,I will pull it out and piSs on this thread! angry
angry angry

You is my kinda girl.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
Satan at work
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ALEXIS0240: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
Lilaex: O boi glasses day help thinking.? Dondi united graduate...Lwkm4h

person wey no see well,how e wan take reason?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Maybe your interpretation of the Bible is wrong.

I will be so glad if u can give me the correct interpretation of all the verses I quoted above .....plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox:
Those statues survive because they where well built as well as having a low drag coefficient on account of their relatively narrow profile compared to a house.

1. Did I tell you that Jesus and Mary saved the statues? It is possible. I dont know. I just reported what happened.

2. What makes you think that dying in a storm is a bad thing?

3. You have a point about a statue being more stable than some other structures in a storm but you cannot be certain. There are two statues of Mary that were unscathed in the earth quake that preceded the typhoon...even though everything around them was wrecked.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
How can u be this dumb can a lion give birth to what is not it kind.? Answer dis and u have an answer to ur question.

cutieemperor007:

if the bibble is correct, then jesus can not be GOD
LET HEAR FROM THE BIBBLE:

(1) JESUS ENCOUNTER WITH DEVIL IN THE BIBBLE

Mathew1:7 "it is written again, thou shalt not tempt the Lord, thy God"
In this chapter we read that the devil actually carried the mesiah and took him from place to place. How can the devil carry GOD, HE is above such blasphemy, then the devil ordered him to postrate before him and worship him, even tempted him with worldly possessions, how can the devil even dare such audacity with GOD who created not just the world and everything in it but also the heavens and all it angels and demons including Satan himself....
(2) JESUS TALKED ABOUT A SUPREME BEING IN HEAVEN WHO IS GREATER THAN HIMSELF
Mathew 5:45 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect
Mathew 6:1 "otherwise ye have no reward of your father which is in heaven"
Mathew 7:21 " Not every one that sayeth unto me (JESUS), LORD, LORD, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my father, which is in heaven
(3) JESUS WORSHIP GOD AND PRAY TO GOD
Mathew 14:23 "And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a montain apart to pray.....
I say: if Jesus is God or a part of GOD then why did he pray and who is he praying to, or is there someone more supreme than GOD? Infact, prayer is always from a submitting, needy and dependent one for the mercy of GOD. This also bring to mind the night before the cruxification of Jesus christ, he took his followers to the montain and ask them to pray to GOD....
John 20:16 "Jesus said unto her, Mary, she turn herself, and sayeth unto him, "Rabboni", which is to say master, Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; For I am not yet ascended to my father; but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my father and your father; and to my GOD and your GOD ......In the above verse Jesus clearly distinguish between himself and GOD.
Mathew 27:46 "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, 'Eli, Eli, Iama sabachthani? (that is to say,) my GOD, my GOD, why hast thou forsaken me?...
Mathew 26:39 "And he (Jesus) went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed, saying, 'O my father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt...Jesus plead with GOD to make the cup pass over him but if what is happening to him is the will of GOD then the will of GOD should prevail, these goes to show us that Jesus not only didn't know the will of GOD but was also submissive to the will of GOD as a true worshipper of GOD should.
Mathew 23:8 "But be not ye called rabbi: for one is your master, even Jesus, and all ye are brethren."
and lastly
John 17:3 " And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true GOD and Jesus christ whom thou has sent."
with all these evidences even from the bibble itself if u still think GOD and JESUS is one Entity then may GOD himself cure you.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by vowiski(m): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though

That's how many gullible Christians have built the constitution of their mind..

This is no Miracle, the Statue was built with a better substance than the other houses.. I don't think Jehovah would be interested in a mere statue.. He is more interested in the heart..
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

Don't you believe you have a BODY, SPIRIT & SOUL?

doesn't common sense tell you you are a spirit in a body?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
People should be careful of what they say about another religion, no one has any right to judge som1 else's belief, being a member of christ embassy, catholic, redeem or a muslim doesn't guarantee heaven!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mary statue after Philippines earthquake.

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 3:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
ALEXIS0240: person wey no see well,how e wan take reason?

You mean blind people dont reason?

It seems you arent enlightened.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
iluvweed: TB JOUSHUA'S STATUE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.... grin
I wanted to insult you but your name changed my mind
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:

IF YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTEN, THEN INSTEAD OF TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR VIEW BY QUOTING SOME FLIMSY VERSE IN THE BIBBLE YOU SHOULD RATHER TRY TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY JESUS HIMSELF WAS TELLING PEOPLE HE WASN'T GOD(AS SEEN IN THE VERSES I QUOTED ABOVE) OR ARE U SAYING THOSE VERSES AREN'T IN THE BIBBLE OR I INVENTED THEM OR MAYBE THEY ARE TORN FROM YOUR OWN BIBBLE, THE QUESTIONS ARE; ALL THAT I QUOTED ABOVE ARE THEY IN THE BIBBLE OR NOT, 2) DID JESUS SAID IT OR NOT, 3) DID HE MEAN WHAT HE SAID OR IS THERE ANY OTHER EXPLANATION FOR WHAT HE SAID, IF YES THEN EXPLAIN TO US ALL THOSE VERSES ONE AFTER THE OTHER....
Mathew 23:9 " But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only."
from the verse above, it is obvious that your god (Jesus) dosent even know the day of resurrection....

First admit that Jesus is God according to the Bible then I will teach you what you should know.

If you will not admit it, explain the verses.

And dont you think you are a hypocrite to believe the verses you quoted but call the verses I'm quoting from the same Bible "flimsy?"
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by plaetton: 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

1. Did I tell you that Jesus and Mary saved the statues? It is possible. I dont know. I just reported what happened.

2. What makes you think that dying in a storm is a bad thing?

3. You have a point about a statue being more stable than some other structures in a storm but you cannot be certain. There are two statues of Mary that were unscathed in the earth quake that preceded the typhoon...even though everything around them was wrecked.

Ha ha ha ha.
Big laugh at Italo.

Faith = Doubt

God could not save thousands of lives, so we have to find something, anything at all, that he saved.
Oh! There it is. A statue.
God is great. He Will never let down the faithful...completely. lol

Only a moronic, fearfully doubtful religious mind would even consider, let alone celebrate the fact that a statue, an idol, was saved from destruction by a miraculous god who failed to save 5,000 to 10,000 lives of the faithful.

Religion, what a terrible brain disease!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
plaetton:

Ha ha ha ha.
Big laugh at Italo.

Faith = Doubt

God could not save thousands of lives, so we have to find something, anything at all, that he saved.
Oh! There it is. A statue.
God is great. He Will never let down the faithful...completely. lol

Only a moronic, fearfully doubtful religious mind would even consider, let alone celebrate the fact that a statue, an idol, was saved from destruction by a miraculous god who failed to save 5,000 to 10,000 lives of the faithful.

Religion, what a terrible brain disease!

Why do you think the dead are worse-off?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nicepoker(m): 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Praise the Lord almighty.
May the souls of the departed rest in God.
kai sum people mentality ehhe.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Simulacrum(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
coincident

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dorox(m): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Why do you think the dead are worse-off?

I'm sure that apart from any suicidal person that may have been there, all who perished fought their hardest until the last moment to stay alive.
To the orphaned survivor,or the newly wedded widow, I am sure that they will think you stupid if you ask them that question.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

First admit that Jesus is God according to the Bible then I will teach you what you should know.

If you will not admit it, explain the verses.

And dont you think you are a hypocrite to believe the verses you quoted but call the verses I'm quoting from the same Bible "flimsy?"

I PRAY TO YOU OH! GOD THAT YOU TAKE MY LIFE MINITES BEFORE I EVER HAVE THE NOTION TO ASSOCIATED PARTNER WITH YOU OR BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE A SON OR THAT YOU ARE JESUS (UR PROPHET)....AMIN

I QUOTED SOME VERSES IN THE BIBBLE WHERE JESUS CATEGORICALLY MADE IT KNOW THAT HE ISN'T GOD AND YOU ALSO QUOTED OTHER VERSES IN THE BIBBLE TOJUSTIFY YOUR BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD WITHOUT ABLE TO DISPROVE MY VERSES OR ITS GENUITY...
I SAY: IF TWO CONTRADICTORY VIEWS CAN BE JUSTIFYED FROM THE BIBBLE, WHAT DOES THAT SAYS ABOUT THE BIBBLE BEEN THE WORLD OF GOD OR CAN GOD'S WORD CONTRADICTE. I EVEN ASK YOU TO EXPLAIN THE VERSES I QUOTED TO ME BEEN A NON CHRISTEN WHO WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR FAITH, RATHER, YOU CHOOSE TO INSULT ME,
TODAY IS SUNDAY FOR GOD SAKE, CAN'T YOU ATLEAST PRETEND TO BE CHRIST LIKE FOR ONCE....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift / Video Of A Lady Flirting With Evangelist Ebuka Obi During Deliverance / 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.