Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? (29033 Views)

Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? / DSTV Nigeria: Open All African Movie/entertainment Channels For ALL Subscribers / Does Dstv Mobile Still Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by INFOTECH2: 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
I believe in having a lasting Nigeria business that grows year on year. Watching DSTV operate in Nigeria, I was just thinking: How much exactly does this Company make on a monthly basis.

From research it has 4 million subscribers. Base all on the 3000N package and that is 12 billion naira per month and over 140 billion naira annually!! cool

With this amount, they can pay for rights and also Make a tidy profit.

Do you think they make that much?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 17, 2013
Your statistics might not be entirely right because not all those 4 million subscribers are active users. But it should be pretty close to $100 million IMO.

sad FTC

6 Likes

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by ifeanyidavid: 1:01am On Nov 17, 2013
E be like say u no be business man. E no go Dey pay workers Jelosi mcthweee ( mind u I be second to comment)

1 Like

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by ifeanyidavid: 1:06am On Nov 17, 2013
shachris: Your statistics might not be entirely right because not all those 4 million subscribers are active users. But it should be pretty close to $100 million IMO.

sad FTC
u Dey fast o

1 Like

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by mrdrizzy(m): 1:14am On Nov 17, 2013
Hmm! I dnt knw eactly how much it is,bt i knw its enough to get any of,spannish,barclays,bundesliga and serie a rights jst with nigeria income..i still den wonder why d the price is too high.anyway na dem knw..flexing qtv aljazeera(where i get to watch all live matches even greater dan what dstv offers)+osn hollywood and d rest for jst a token of 4k! PERFECT DEAL

1 Like

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by haveworkskills: 1:20am On Nov 17, 2013
INFO TECH: I believe in having a lasting Nigeria business that grows year on year. Watching DSTV operate in Nigeria, I was just thinking: How much exactly does this Company make on a monthly basis.

From research it has 4 million subscribers. Base all on the 3000N package and that is 12 billion naira per month and over 140 billion naira annually!! cool

No, DSTV does not necessarily make that much. I once spoke with a guy who works there and he said despite Nigeria's advantageously huge population, very few people could afford DSTV at current subsription fees. I then suggested that the subscription fees be decreased by DSTV, so that the services would become more affordable to more Nigerians. Who knows if he has tabled this very simple suggestion before his bosses at the office.

My take is that discretionary spend is still very depressed in Nigeria, and unemployment levels are quite high. Of those who are 'lucky' to be employed, 70% of them earn below N100,000 per month while more than 75% of Nigerians live below the poverty line and income inequality is breaking the 45%-50% band..Given that more than 80% of the population earn meagre income, how then do you expect them to afford a luxury entertainment service offered by DSTV? Almost impossible if you ask me.

Until disposable income levels rise, perhaps via increased jobs and drop in mandatory household expenses etc, discretionary spend would remain low...And companies like DSTV can boast of a brighter future only if there are strong expectations that income levels and discretionary spend will better what they currently are. Given current happenings, I fear that DSTV may one day close shop, just as its fellow Lekki-based South African company recently did or plans to do. I do not want to state the name os the company as I'm unsure if it is now public knowledge that they're closing shop.

Let's watch and see how things go..

--- --- ------------------

Do your career and future a favour at little cost to you. Contact us at financeprofessionalskills@gmail.com.
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=admitwithschola. Click the attached

8 Likes

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by atlwireles: 1:25am On Nov 17, 2013
INFO TECH: I believe in having a lasting Nigeria business that grows year on year. Watching DSTV operate in Nigeria, I was just thinking: How much exactly does this Company make on a monthly basis.

There can never be too much money. As long it's earned legally.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by MEILYN(m): 1:42am On Nov 17, 2013
watin concern me? I dey work 4 their company? Mtcheeeeww, anyway, DSTV make huge profits, they also do adverts remember? They dont depend on the subscription only, they have other ways to make good money. Big Brother Africa alone got them about 1billion dollars i think. So why do you think these folks dont make it big? They make billions jare.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by oyedun82(m): 2:16am On Nov 17, 2013
wait lemme ask oga
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by mrrock: 2:17am On Nov 17, 2013
DSTV probably make far more than that if indeed they have up to 4 million subscribers in Nigeria. But, they are a fraudulent company. They also own MTN a company that have fraud as it's core business strategy.
NB: The N4,000/month you talked about I think it's their cheapest. They do have N10,800/month also, and I was on that buoquet or whatever they call it for many years until I found out they don't worth it.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Pattey(m): 2:28am On Nov 17, 2013
Oga OP, U be tax collector ni? grin . . . Or U wanna know if DSTV has been "Sheating awon boiz"? cheesy
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by imperiouxx(m): 2:32am On Nov 17, 2013
This is their head office phone number 2348666419666

Your question will be answered

1 Like

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by strawgirl(f): 3:02am On Nov 17, 2013
Hmmmm. And some peeps even watch dstv for free. That's also a loss on their side.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by kobonaire(m): 3:11am On Nov 17, 2013
MEILYN: ... DSTV make huge profits,.. Big Brother Africa alone got them about 1billion dollars i think...
wow, so you mean, big brother is as lucrative as EPL, La Liga? I don't think so my friend. No body is going to spend $1B for that crap show.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by albacete(m): 4:07am On Nov 17, 2013
MEILYN: watin concern me? I dey work 4 their company? Mtcheeeeww, anyway, DSTV make huge profits, they also do adverts remember? They dont depend on the subscription only, they have other ways to make good money. Big Brother Africa alone got them about 1billion dollars i think. So why do you think these folks dont make it big? They make billions jare.

1 billion dollars, for real?

Even a football club would be hard pressed to make such.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 17, 2013

Ask mtn, dia twin tief!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins / BBNaija: Miracle Igbokwe's Family Releases Statement On His Relationship Outside / #bbnaija: What Mercy Has To Say About Esther And Frodd Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.