Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. (2715 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 7:05am On Nov 18, 2013
Ever since i have come of age to know my left from ma right. I have noticed the fact that women are really stronger than men in some areas of life.

Take for instance, my mum, she never seems to get tired doing anything, but then my Dad, godamn it! Ever since i was a kid, have never seen him wash an ordinary handkerchief, not to talk of washing his wears. Father can never bend down to even sweep.lolzz, i keep wondering if its weakness or just men and there usual pride. Thank God say na my brothers them the wash his clothes, cuz me don't have that strength.

So people, is it just ma own Dad or is it still same with yours?
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by adezjamz(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2013
First impression really does doesn't matter!!. Let me ask, I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ come cool

1 Like

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Konjour(m): 7:22am On Nov 18, 2013
Its not peculiar to all men at all. In some homes I've been to, the Dads are the natural workaholics and the Moms are usually the lazier halves, ALWAYS relying on the housemaid to bail them out of every imaginable task at hand. Not trying to instigate a battle of the sexes, but no gender is naturally wired to be Workaholic or lazy, it boils down to what obtains from one particular individual to the next.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by tmtech: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2013
This is the simple logic
As rugged as NOKIA 3310 is, you cant use it to browse
Its been programmed into us mostly by our parents especially our Mothers(ironic)

In my case: I don't do house chores at all,except wash ma cloth...I don't cook(cos I can't,except noodles),don't sweep.....infact I do jst nothing....
My mum will never allow a guy to pick beans,remove egusi shell, even she no go allow me loose my sistas hair......
So, what type of husband do you expect me to be.........and my case is better ,my friend (almost 30yrs ) can't wash his cloth not to talk of other stuff,na every weekend those women come dey help clean his house n wash his cloth....now that am living alone...its challenging...buh hurray.... ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣. God for eatries (open 6:45am)-------and their food always make sense so am cool wif my life.....my wife go dey do aus chores...or she go teach me how to help her out (when the tym comes)....---buh no tell my mama Õoº°Úº ...she go think say my wife don bewitch me if she comes to our house and see me picking beans for my wife.... grin

5 Likes

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by ddddon(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2013
its not just ur dad, men are mostly like dat.. Well u wont blame dem, they do the most important part of fetching money for their children.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Danhumprey: 7:29am On Nov 18, 2013
Well,it has been found that women have this natural strength that is being renewed daily faster than that of men,to enable them carry out their household responsibility. For men,it isn't about pride. It's more like they feel that such things are for the women or their children to do. Some men do their own laundry too.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by ITbomb(m): 7:44am On Nov 18, 2013
Most annoying is a house where the male children just lazy about and the female are expected to fetch water (from outside) then still come back to prepare food .

3 Likes

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2013
I wouldn't classify my dad under "lazy"my siblings and i do d aus chores,my mum assits wen she cums bck 4rm work,d dry cleaner does d washing n pressing,so being able to go 2 work and feed d family is enuf work 4 d men,i don't see any reason y they sud participate in any working activities at ome,unless in cases where d man nids 2 get involve,lyk repairing a linkin roof or fixing sumfin sha..

1 Like

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2013
tm-tech:
This is the simple logic
As rugged as NOKIA 3310 is, you cant use it to browse
Its been programmed into us mostly by our parents especially our Mothers(ironic)

In my case: I don't do house chores at all,except wash ma cloth...I don't cook(cos I can't,except noodles),don't sweep.....infact I do jst nothing....
My mum will never allow a guy to pick beans,remove egusi shell, even she no go allow me loose my sistas hair......
So, what type of husband do you expect me to be.........and my case is better ,my friend (almost 30yrs ) can't wash his cloth not to talk of other stuff,na every weekend those women come dey help clean his house n wash his cloth....now that am living alone...its challenging...buh hurray.... ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣. God for eatries (open 6:45am)-------and their food always make sense so am cool wif my life.....my wife go dey do aus chores...or she go teach me how to help her out (when the tym comes)....---buh no tell my mama Õoº°Úº ...she go think say my wife don bewitch me if she comes to our house and see me picking beans for my wife.... grin
imagine nah! Is so unfair you know....father doesn't even care nd i guess u will be like him. I just hope my husband won't be this way.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2013
all this bingo bingo stories can be really amusing attimes grin grin
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 7:48am On Nov 18, 2013
Harbosede02: I wouldn't classify my dad under "lazy"my siblings and i do d aus chores,my mum assits wen she cums bck 4rm work,d dry cleaner does d washing n pressing,so being able to go 2 work and feed d family is enuf work 4 d men,i don't see any reason y they sud participate in any working activities at ome,unless in cases where d man nids 2 get involve,lyk repairing a linkin roof or fixing sumfin sha..
you think is every one that has a washing machine? I ain't saying my dad is lazy because he goes to work too. I'm just wondering why he hardly does little chores for him self.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2013
ITbomb: Most annoying is a house where the male children just lazy about and the female are expected to fetch water (from outside) then still come back to prepare food .
mother makes sure my brothers are engaged in one chores or the other, i mean they can't just sit and lazy about while we the ladies do almost evrythn for them.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 18, 2013
Smartie gurl: you think is every one that has a washing machine? I ain't saying my dad is lazy because he goes to work too. I'm just wondering why he hardly does little chores for him self.
give me example of d chores u want im do??
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by hammedkola(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2013
Stop wondering, all houses ain't the same
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by lomaxx: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2013
And how is this post relevant to this section?

Mods should move this topic to Family section. OP is just confused.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by UjSizzle(f): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2013
I think it all boils down to upbringing. I know men who would rather cut their arms off than do a single house chore, and there are those who can perform every known task in the book.
Society has made it that it's a woman's position to take care of domestic chores, while the man takes the role of breadwinner.

I guess they think we're super humans, but if you train your boys to handle certain house chores then they'll keep up with it in marriage smiley

I remember my dad doing absolutely nada in the house as a growing child. When situations changed, he became superman--cooking, laundry, bathing us etc. You either struggle to adapt to change when things are different, or you die waiting for someone to do the basics for you.

Now, i train every male around me to handle some task.
E.g. A girl cannot pound fufu or yam when able bodied young men are in the house.
She should not fetch water when men are available.
Do the cooking when she'll be late home. Hell, I can direct my brothers on what to cook and how to do it over the phone.

Like I said, it all boils down to training. You need to teach them to work or they won't do it. If society has taught them to depend on women, it's time for a reorientation.

3 Likes

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by buoye1(m): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2013
Families with diFferent settings...u expect ma dad to come bck frm work in d evening to come wash/any chores!!!not possible...we do d chores while he brings d money.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by DesChyko1(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2013
There are just some things males don't prefer doing.. I think it's societally influenced. As for being more hardworking, greater upper body strength and more convoluted brains..their natural build surely favours the males.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2013
uj_sizzle: I think it all boils down to upbringing. I know men who would rather cut their arms off than do a single house chore, and there are those who can perform every known task in the book.
Society has made it that it's a woman's position to take care of domestic chores, while the man takes the role of breadwinner.

I guess they think we're super humans, but if you train your boys to handle certain house chores then they'll keep up with it in marriage smiley

I remember my dad doing absolutely nada in the house as a growing child. When situations changed, he became superman--cooking, laundry, bathing us etc. You either struggle to adapt to change when things are different, or you die waiting for someone to do the basics for you.

Now, i train every male around me to handle some task.
E.g. A girl cannot pound fufu or yam when able bodied young men are in the house.
She should not fetch water when men are available.
Do the cooking when she'll be late home. Hell, I can direct my brothers on what to cook and how to do it over the phone.

Like I said, it all boils down to training. You need to teach them to work or they won't do it. If society has taught them to depend on women, it's time for a reorientation.

thanks my darling, that's how it should be. To be candid, is time for re-orientation.

3 Likes

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by wasak(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2013
I always pity my girl. who happens to be the only girl among four boys. they just lazy about while she does everything absolutely everything except for their clothes but she washes that of her parents. her mother ain't helping matters, she never allows her to use d washing machine but her brothers can.

generally most men are lazy when it comes to domestic chores, but they ain't lazy with more demanding jobs.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2013
Most men are like that because that's the way they were brought up.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Ruq: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2013
I beg your brothers to sign up for adoption in my house. In my house when i was growing, as early at 9, i would wash everyfuggin thing there is to wash; toilet,bathroom,plates,window,the floor, and the dirtiest rags of the world. Although i was a stubborn kid, i would sweep every morning before going to school. Being the only boy in the family with 3 sisters people at school would always tease me about being lucky because they taught being the only boy means ultimate freedom from chores. But hella NO! was the case here, at 15/16 i was still doing all i listed above plus washing the plates of the whole house and running of them crazy errands like pepper grinding, and some impromptu errands like that at a point i was like God why this family ?. Pops wasn't around most of the time so i called over the phone, spoke through text msgs, but pops didn't get the picture he was advising to continue that it's part of my contribution to the family, i felt like running away. My mom always made references like what if we were all males what will i do ? and there's a big point in that.

The P didn't stop until i got admission into a school, while in school i appreciated that i had that training in me, because i didn't have to wait for a girlfriend before i cook, wash or do anything,it made me independent to an extent. I wouldn't have whined about it if i knew it was going to end. But i can't deny that it is very hard doing those chores without a nibble of encouragement. Now it's my lil sis that's doing it,i feel sorry for her because it's a lot do and some times get very tiring.

So as a pop i would definitely let my male child do some because in the end he'll be the one needing it.

2 Likes

Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2013
wasak: I always pity my girl. who happens to be the only girl among four boys. they just lazy about while she does everything absolutely everything except for their clothes but she washes that of her parents. her mother ain't helping matters, she never allows her to use d washing machine but her brothers can.

generally most men are lazy when it comes to domestic chores, but they ain't lazy with more demanding jobs.
So unfair...
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by tmtech: 9:01am On Nov 18, 2013
Smartie gurl: imagine nah! Is so unfair you know....father doesn't even care nd i guess u will be like him. I just hope my husband won't be this way.
Abi na, my dad no get tym Õoº°Úº ,house chores for wia, he jst love orderliness and tidiness....buh,he is a great man Õoº°Úº ....besides aus chores he is so cool, my mum goes to work and yet does aus chores,,,,,,,,,she be workaholic Õoº°Úº ,,,,,she can't jst stay idle.......for me my wife must be ready to do same or hire a maid.......or she go teach me sha...its romantic to assist ur wifey in the kitchen ,bathroom,etc
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by tsleazy(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2013
Too bad i dnt have a sister, she should have been brushing my teeth for me....#lol#
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by b3llo(m): 9:04am On Nov 18, 2013
. True talk
Danhumprey: Well,it has been found that women have this natural strength that is being renewed daily faster than that of men,to enable them carry out their household responsibility. For men,it isn't about pride. It's more like they feel that such things are for the women or their children to do. Some men do their own laundry too.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 9:11am On Nov 18, 2013
tsleazy: Too bad i dnt have a sister, she should have been brushing my teeth for me....#lol#
lolzz. I'm so glad you don't.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2013
tm-tech:

Abi na, my dad no get tym Õoº°Úº ,house chores for wia, he jst love orderliness and tidiness....buh,he is a great man Õoº°Úº ....besides aus chores he is so cool, my mum goes to work and yet does aus chores,,,,,,,,,she be workaholic Õoº°Úº ,,,,,she can't jst stay idle.......for me my wife must be ready to do same or hire a maid.......or she go teach me sha...its romantic to assist ur wifey in the kitchen ,bathroom,etc
lolzz, i guess she should teach you. Same with ma mum, wakes up early, does some necessary things nd off to work she goes, comes back, doesn't rest nd continues, she never seems to get tired. I just admire her strength.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2013
Harbosede02: I wouldn't classify my dad under "lazy"my siblings and i do d aus chores,my mum assits wen she cums bck 4rm work,d dry cleaner does d washing n pressing,so being able to go 2 work and feed d family is enuf work 4 d men,i don't see any reason y they sud participate in any working activities at ome,unless in cases where d man nids 2 get involve,lyk repairing a linkin roof or fixing sumfin sha..
kiss kiss
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by tmtech: 9:35am On Nov 18, 2013
Smartie gurl: lolzz, i guess she should teach you. Same with ma mum, wakes up early, does some necessary things nd off to work she goes, comes back, doesn't rest nd continues, she never seems to get tired. I just admire her strength.
Me too ......mi guess that y an so lazy wen it comes to aus work Õoº°Úº ....she no too dey complain....infact I no dey enter kitchen sef, except wen I wan steal fried meat...... grin
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2013
@OP,some are lazier than others,pray fervently that you don't fall into the hands of "Mr can't lift a finger ". Few are very domesticated too and those ones can be annoying too grin.

My papa does his laundry and enjoys cooking his noodles but the mess he leaves behind afterwards leaves us in tears grin.Letting him cook is a disaster, you can barely recognize the kitchen after he is done.

Tm tech said it all.
Re: To The Men, I'm Just Wondering Why. by Smartiegurl(f): 10:42am On Nov 18, 2013
byvan: @OP,some are lazier than others,pray fervently that you don't fall into the hands of "Mr can't lift a finger ". Few are very domesticated too and those ones can be annoying too grin.

My papa does his laundry and enjoys cooking his noodles but the mess he leaves behind afterwards leaves us in tears grin.Letting him cook is a disaster, you can barely recognize the kitchen after he is done.

Tm tech said it all.
lolzzzz! Honestly, u got me laughing out loud. I just wonder why it should be that way, imagine using the kitchen nd messing it up, seriously i prefer he doesn't even enter at all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

.... / ‘no! Don’t Touch Me There’ / Your Ex Living In The Same Compound With You And Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.