Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Architects Forum - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Architects Forum (4845 Views)

A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. / Must Read For Engineers, Architects And Graphic Designers......... / Surveyors, Builders, Architects & Estate Mgrs' Corner (Aspirants & Professionals) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Architects Forum by Juell(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2013
Am inviting all Architects on NL to this thread to come share experiences, discuss issues concerning architectural practice in Nigeria, talk on updates on softwares, and any other issues concerning the plights of Nigerian architects.
Am Joel, graduated from university Jos, currently in Abj. A freelance Architect.

1 Like

Re: Architects Forum by abtantivirus(m): 11:15am On Nov 18, 2013
this is a good development,am just hoping pple ll respond well to this laudable initiative. am tolu HND,PGD fed poly ede& futa ,a freelance architect residing in ibadan.
Re: Architects Forum by jahbiz: 12:37am On Nov 19, 2013
cheesy
Re: Architects Forum by Bwaal(m): 5:19am On Nov 22, 2013
Thank God i found the thread
Re: Architects Forum by abtantivirus(m): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2013
can we now get this thread moving guys.
Re: Architects Forum by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
I'm an aspiring architect, this thread will be very useful to me. Good thread Op..
Re: Architects Forum by erico2k2(m): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok Im present, well Im studying at my own space to become an Arch.I|m a graduate of Mech Engine but fell in love with buildings as I have seen various designs arround the world, now Im thinking of how to use these knowledge to facilitate a design in Nigeria.I got few things for us to find our own ways of doing,
Question, Why must we stick to same Old methods of Brick making for the last 200 yrs?
Question, WHy must we stick to same methods of roofing in the last 100 yrs
Question, why cant we include ground works inour plan rather just the building itself.
question Why can we make our own lil mechinary to facilitate our own progress
Question Why dont we cultivate the reusability of our waste raw materials,ie planks for decking etc.
I would like us to espantiate on these issue, its a start,anybody can add what needed discused.
We are learning.

1 Like

Re: Architects Forum by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
This is great, I'm Oluwafemi Isaac, a graduate of architecture from Obafemi Awolowo University, starting masters next year if Christ's coming tarries....would really love to meet with like minded individuals.
Re: Architects Forum by erico2k2(m): 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
jimmy4x: This is great, I'm Oluwafemi Isaac, a graduate of architecture from Obafemi Awolowo University, starting masters next year if Christ's coming tarries....would really love to meet with like minded individuals.
Ok good to hear, now have you got any contribution to the issues I raised up there any sugestion,?its about time we put our minds where our mouth is.
Re: Architects Forum by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 3:29am On Nov 26, 2013
I'm ADEYINKA Civil Engineering graduate Futminna (B.Eng). Contact me for your structural design and drawings for both concrete and steel work. All designs and drawing are to code specification which enhance structural integrity. A trial will convince you. 08033873827
Re: Architects Forum by ifeanyi83(m): 11:56am On Nov 26, 2013
Chukwuemeka Ifeanyi just signed up. Studied Architecture at Federal College of Technology, Yaba, currently working with Design Union Consulting and also into free-lancing (the ministry has to move on), well I can say that so far, I am having a good time and I do not have any regret studying Architecture and as a matter of fact, if I had to come to this world a second time, I will definitely study Architecture. Indeed I am proud of this profession even though the experience so far has not been very encouraging, the passion for this field keeps me going on....permit me to stop here till I read from others of like-minds...#less is more#....
Re: Architects Forum by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
I design models of any future building or alrdy built house. I did the model of the great cocoa house in Ibdn. If you need pictures let me know.I hve the model of the 7star hotel in dubai.I love to draw nd design plans.my bbm pin is availble
Re: Architects Forum by erico2k2(m): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Guys,we are all missing the poimt,aint we all here to share knowledge?what we are askimg of us is to think and improvice of ways of doing old things a new way,ie not using same methods that has been in use hundreds of yrs,I raised simple issues up there cant no one share ideas on them?keep the degrees for nw as they are worthless if U cant mould a brick and tile a kitchen floor.
Re: Architects Forum by Bwaal(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2013
For masters wia wud you advice some one to study architecture in africa?
Re: Architects Forum by erico2k2(m): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
Bwaal: For masters wia wud you advice some one to study architecture in africa?
Any of the uni,however let me ask U in ur spare time what building skilz have U acquired ie mouldin n laying bricks,tiling,painting etc
Re: Architects Forum by kevoneal: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
I am Kevin, an Architect from UNN.
I paint buildings, its a skill I learnt before I got into the university. I'd like to learn more on interior decoration.

Nice to meet like minds here. Please I am open to learn, what's the latest software in 2D and 3D designs?
Re: Architects Forum by Kusibe77(m): 9:35am On Dec 25, 2013
Am an aspirant , thank God i found d thread
Re: Architects Forum by Bwaal(m): 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Kusibe77: Am an aspirant , thank God i found d thread
school
Re: Architects Forum by ifeanyi83(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2013
2D...basicaly Autocad..i don't anyother 2D software that offers much flexibility, 3D, the list is just endless...3ds max, Autodest Revit, Archicad, Sketchup, Rhino...and the list goes on...

kevoneal: I am Kevin, an Architect from UNN.
I paint buildings, its a skill I learnt before I got into the university. I'd like to learn more on interior decoration.

Nice to meet like minds here. Please I am open to learn, what's the latest software in 2D and 3D designs?
Re: Architects Forum by Bwaal(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
pls can i use autocad on a notebook will it do the work very well
Re: Architects Forum by Dharmmieojo(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2014
What's up architects am a 300lvl student currntly I have idea of how 2 use archicad but not to d fullest does anyone knw whr I can learn other software frm in lagos or ny site I can get tutorils from thnks 33126E1E my pin wana meet inspiring architects
Re: Architects Forum by TyTymer(m): 10:13am On Jul 01, 2014
Bwaal: pls can i use autocad on a notebook will it do the work very well

Of course you can. You won't enjoy the small screen though and it will be quite demanding on your RAM as your drawings get more complex.
Re: Architects Forum by TyTymer(m): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2014
Dharmmie ojo: What's up architects am a 300lvl student currntly I have idea of how 2 use archicad but not to d fullest does anyone knw whr I can learn other software frm in lagos or ny site I can get tutorils from thnks 33126E1E my pin wana meet inspiring architects

ArchiCAD is sufficient for your design. It has an exhaustive PDF help/tutorial attached.

If you seek photorealistic rendering then export to DWG and import into 3ds max. As for max tutorials, there are hundreds of free and relevant videos on YouTube. Max also has an extensive help file which is available for download (free of charge) from the Autodesk website.

Artlantis is a faster and relatively simpler alternative to render your ArchiCAD models.

1 Like

Re: Architects Forum by Bwaal(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2014
ty-tymer:

Of course you can. You won't enjoy the small screen though and it will be quite demanding on your RAM as your drawings get more complex.
ok bro tanx
Re: Architects Forum by Kusibe77(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
Bwaal:
school
not yet
Re: Architects Forum by nulohomes(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2015
Finally a place to meet other architectS
Re: Architects Forum by nulohomes(m): 3:57pm On May 15, 2015
3d printing and architectural model making is now in Nigeria!
at nulohomes.com we do all of the above and also create designs.

Re: Architects Forum by nigeriancuban: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
I'm here too,studied architecture Ond at auchipoly plus civil engineering at Uniben.so I'm into both and I can sawI have never regretted being both..I'm not into Softwares much but I use AutoCAD and revit plus orion.....by I really prefer being on site to drawing though...like I'm a bit allergic to computers,cheers
Re: Architects Forum by Paulsopulu(m): 11:49am On Dec 09, 2015
kevoneal:

Re: Architects Forum by Paulsopulu(m): 11:51am On Dec 09, 2015
kevoneal:

chief architect is the best software sofar for building designing. If you need more info about it quote me
Re: Architects Forum by markstone84: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2016
uality,texture and beauty of your buildings.Our brand stands as the premium brand in Nigeria. Certified by IS0 and SON. For your best and genuine dulux and caplux brands.please contact Mark on 08161328727. Thanks
Re: Architects Forum by dman400: 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
Demozat Nig Ltd: we are into Industrial and building wiring installation,industrial
and building electrical design, electrical consulting and engineering, urban and rural
electrification, industrial and building painting,tiles and P.O.P ceiling

Email: demozat.ng@gmail.com
Phone: 08161241172, 09073618131
Office address: No 20 Ogulana street, Egbeda Lagos
Along Iyana church, Ibadan, Oyo State
Off Emiloju Street, Ikirun, Osun state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Professional Courses / Contact Us For Geotechnical Services ( Piling, Soil, Drilling) / Ranking Structure Of The Nigerian Navy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.