Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic (4262 Views)

"I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew, And An Atheist Walk Into A Café... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by SalC: 8:30am On Nov 20, 2013
Acidosis: @POPE II

some of your popes are already burning in Hell right now... in the same vien, the "PastoCrooks' who failed to preach and act on the true teachings of God through the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
You see? If some popes are burning in hell while others are not yet all of them practice the same catholic doctrine while on earth, then the reason why those few are in hell must be something other than the catholic doctrine.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by SalC: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2013
Acidosis:

Must you Honor Mary?

What would happen to you if you fail to honour her (idolatry) ? Hell Fire?
Is there a crime in honouring her?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
okpurukata:

That's the more reason why you and Vicky o and the other poster should "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and every other thing shall be added u to you". That the words of the Lord Himself. No amount of condemning other denominations, and struggling to remove the log in another person's eye will lead you to heaven. Seek his kingdom, seek to win more souls for him in a loving manner and be righteous. Our entire goal as individuals should be to make heaven. If you think Pastor worship or your own church is best, nada. You will still burn there with those popes you mentioned and your pastor prenuers.
We aren't condemning anyone. Have you read my posts? I doubt that. All we are saying is from the scriptures. Test the doctrines and see if they are true. you can remain a catholic but distinguish between the right and wrong doctrines. the Pentecostal churches too aren't perfect, no church is, as a matter of fact... We are all under one Body, Christ, that's what makes us Christians. so we shouldn't let our brothers go astray in the name of religion, it's our duty as Christians to speak forth when we see things that aren't aligned with the scriptures. that's what we are doing. Paul challenged Peter when he faulted. Forget the denomination, we are all Christians so we owe each other a duty of care.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by okpurukata(f): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
vickyO:
We aren't condemning anyone. Have you read my posts? I doubt that. All we are saying is from the scriptures. Test the doctrines and see if they are true. you can remain a catholic but distinguish between the right and wrong doctrines. the Pentecostal churches too aren't perfect, no church is, as a matter of fact... We are all under one Body, Christ, that's what makes us Christians. so we shouldn't let our brothers go astray in the name of religion, it's our duty as Christians to speak forth when we see things that aren't aligned with the scriptures. that's what we are doing. Paul challenged Peter when he faulted. Forget the denomination, we are all Christians so we owe each other a duty of care.

Thank God you finally realized, "We are all Christians". Recall the title of your thread, 'difference between Christians and Catholics.' very very derogatory.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
vickyO:

Are you infallible and perfect when it comes to interpretation of scripture and teaching faith and morals?

Yes or no?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
okpurukata:

Thank God you finally realized, "We are all Christians". Recall the title of your thread, 'difference between Christians and Catholics.' very very derogatory.
It's not my thread..... and I hope you now understand where I am coming from............... and if we all could see beyond denominations we attend and seek the truth, there'll be liberation in the Church of God
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

Are you infallible and perfect when it comes to interpretation of scripture and teaching faith and morals?

Yes or no?
no... What's your point?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
vickyO:
no... What's your point?

Meaning you can be wrong in your teaching or interpretation of scripture...

How then can you be ever sure that what you are teaching Catholics (which is based on you fallible interpretation of scripture) is true?

They could be wrong and you could be right?

They could be on the right path to heaven while you are trying to derail them.

It's very possible. Have you thought about that?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

Meaning you can be wrong in your teaching or interpretation of scripture...

How then can you be ever sure that what you are teaching Catholics (which is based on you fallible interpretation of scripture) is true?

They could be wrong and you could be right?

They could be on the right path to heaven while you are trying to derail them.

It's very possible. Have you thought about that?
Some things have been made plain in the Bible which no one should dispute... donot bow to images, worship in spirit and in truth not by religious ceremonies, donot chant prayers like the heathens, and many more
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
vickyO:
Some things have been made plain in the Bible which no one should dispute... donot bow to images, worship in spirit and in truth not by religious ceremonies..........

As you admitted, even your interpretation of the above could possibly be wrong.

Why are you trying to force your fallible interpretation down the throats of 1.2billion people who have a different interpretation for those portions?

What if you are wrong?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

As you admitted, even your interpretation of the above could possibly be wrong.

Why are you trying to force your fallible interpretation down the throats of 1.2billion people who have a different interpretation for those portions?

What if you are wrong?
are you trying to say the scriptures is wrong? or can you point out something I said that contradicts the scriptures....... read what the original poster posted and see if those things stated are in line with the Bible.....
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
vickyO:
are you trying to say the scriptures is wrong? or can you point out something I said that contradicts the scriptures....... read what the original poster posted and see if those things stated are in line with the Bible.....

I'm trying to say you are fallible, as you rightly said, meaning you can possibly misinterpret scripture.

Why then are you tryibg to force your fallible interpretation of those Bible portions on 1.2billion Catholics who hold a different interpretation?

I just saw the post where you talked about correcting Catholics where they go wrong.

What if its you going wrong and you're trying to correct the one doing right?

You're fallible remember?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

I'm trying to say you are fallible, as you rightly said, meaning you can possibly misinterpret scripture.

Why then are you tryibg to force your fallible interpretation of those Bible portions on 1.2billion Catholics who hold a different interpretation?

I just saw the post where you talked about correcting Catholics where they go wrong.

What if its you going wrong and you're trying to correct the one doing right?

You're fallible remember?
what I am saying is right.... check the scriptures the op gave, understand it and relate it with your mode of worship. and I am perfectly sure of what I claimed. the bible says test all doctrines, the bible said it not me and I did not change the words......... so what do you understand by testing doctrines?? or is there any other interpretation for donot bow to any idol or carve any image, do not chant prayers like the heathens do, worship in spirit and in truth........ give me your interpretation of the above I quoted. you don't need to interpret some scriptures because they are as direct as they are written.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:23am On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Must you Honor Mary?

What would happen to you if you fail to honour her (idolatry) ? Hell Fire?
yes I must. God himself asked us to honor our fathers and mothers
Besides how can someone insult the Mother of his God ?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:25am On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis: @POPE II

some of your popes are already burning in Hell right now... in the same vien, the "PastoCrooks' who failed to preach and act on the true teachings of God through the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
where are your pastcrooks and pasthieves ?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:29am On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II: yes I must. God himself asked us to honor our fathers and mothers
Besides how can someone insult the Mother of his God ?
Do you know who Christ said his mother was?
Mark 3:24 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister and my mother.....
God never ever told us to honour Mary, he said honour YOUR parents, he didn't say honour my parent.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 12:39am On Nov 21, 2013
vickyO:
Do you know who Christ said his mother was?
Mark 3:24 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister and my mother.....
God never ever told us to honour Mary, he said honour YOUR parents, he didn't say honour my parent.
you don't make sense, this is pure logic by honor your parents He meant honor your elders , or you are going to tell me that you only honor your biological parents and call your aunts etc harlots , the Roman prostitute, useless vessels like heretics call Mary ?
Stop being shallow there's nothing wrong in honouring Mary, she's the Mother of our God, she's a Mother(.that's enough to command your respect) , may someone call you prostitute or useless because you are not his biological mother. Hypocrite
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:49am On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II: you don't make sense, this is pure logic by honor your parents He meant honor your elders , or you are going to tell me that you only honor your biological parents and call your aunts etc harlots , the Roman prostitute, useless vessels like heretics call Mary ?
Stop being shallow there's nothing wrong in honouring Mary, she's the Mother of our God, she's a Mother(.that's enough to command your respect) , may someone call you prostitute or useless because you are not his biological mother. Hypocrite
Were you just released from a zoo? why are you insulting me with such demeaning statements? did you comprehend my post? did I say Mary was a prostitute or useless? I quoted Jesus. Why don't you honour everyone in the Bible and pray to them like you do to Mary? aren't they your elders? Look here, don't go there with me o. if you don't understand my posts, piss off. don't make up things I never said. and laying a curse on me? that says a lot. by their fruits you shall know them. thank God it can't stand anyways.
And you better watch how you reply me, Brain washed block head.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:57am On Nov 21, 2013
I guess implying that I'm animal is a not an insult on your book, anyway I don't owe you any apology.,
vickyO:
Were you just released from a zoo? why are you insulting me with such demeaning statements? did you comprehend my post? did I say Mary was a prostitute or useless? I quoted Jesus. Why don't you honour everyone in the Bible and pray to them like you do to Mary? aren't they your elders? Look here, don't go there with me o. if you don't understand my posts, piss off. don't make up things I never said. and laying a curse on me? that says a lot. by their fruits you shall know them. thank God it can't stand anyways.
And you better watch how you reply me, Brain washed block head.

I have never seen you condemning your brothers here when they rain insults and abuses on our holy Mother which means you agree with them , in fact most of the time you are seconding their comments ,it tells a lot about you, you find nothing wrong with people insulting the Mother of your God but get angry when I say people/children will abuse you because you are not their biological mother, Abeg say amen that's all . Who do you think you are before Mary? You are a nonentity and I'm only serving you your own medicine. If you think Mary shouldn't be honoured then you worth nothing and people shouldn't respect you .
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by bizmahn: 4:30am On Nov 21, 2013
Catholics do not honour Mary.They IDOLIZE her.They put her in the position GOD reserved for JESUS alone.Jesus is the FATHER of Mary by creation so how can Mary be a mother to her own FATHER the way catholics view it.It simply tells you Mary is not a mother to Jesus in the natural sense of it but a DOOR,METHOD,MEDIUM,CHANNEL,ROAD,AVENUE Jesus chose to pass through to commence his redemption mission on earth.
He could have appeared in a house without being born & people will idolize & woship that house......,
He could have emerged from a river & people will call the river the creator of the saviour........,
He could have descended from the sky etc.God...
how can you make this people understand?

1 Like

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 5:04am On Nov 21, 2013
bizmahn: Catholics do not honour Mary.They IDOLIZE her.They put her in they position GOD reserved for JESUS alone.Jesus is the FATHER of Mary by creation so how can Mary be a mother to her own FATHER they way catholics view it.It simply tells you Mary is not a mother to Jesus in the natural sense of it but a DOOR,METHOD,MEDIUM,CHANNEL,ROAD,AVENUE Jesus chose to pass through to commence his redemption mission on earth.
He could have appeared in a house without being born & people will idolize & woship that house......,
He could have emerged from a river & people will call the river the creator of the saviour........,
He could have descended from the sky etc.God...
how can you make this people understand?

Is it Catholic that put God in the womb of that poor virgin...growing little by little, upside down for 9months?

Is it Catholics that made God to be breastfed by Mary and nurtured by her as every other Child is by his mother?

Some of you protestants far too arrogant when the creator of the world is so humble.

God clearly wanted to have a mother. Yet you say "how can God have a mother?"

"How can" doesnt arise. He has a mother!
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 5:05am On Nov 21, 2013
vickyO:
[b]what I am saying is righ[/b]t.... check the scriptures the op gave, understand it and relate it with your mode of worship. and I am perfectly sure of what I claimed. the bible says test all doctrines, the bible said it not me and I did not change the words......... so what do you understand by testing doctrines?? or is there any other interpretation for donot bow to any idol or carve any image, do not chant prayers like the heathens do, worship in spirit and in truth........ give me your interpretation of the above I quoted. you don't need to interpret some scriptures because they are as direct as they are written.

Are you now back from fallible to infallible?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by bizmahn: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

Is it Catholic that put God in the womb of that poor virgin...growing little by little, upside down for 9months?

Is it Catholics that made God to be breastfed by Mary and nurtured by her as every other Child is by his mother?

Some of you protestants far too arrogant when the creator of the world is so humble.

No, rather you wanted an idol by all means and you found it in Mary via the catholic church? My own God, Jesus Christ has no mother.Mary was his faithful servant and among the minutest part of His creation.Mary is but dust before Him & she knows it.Mary is less than an ant before Him.She is not His mate!... even though the reverse seems to be the case for catholics.Wallow on in ur idolatory!

1 Like

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2013
bizmahn:
No, rather you wanted an idol by all means and you found it in Mary via the catholic church?My own God, Jesus Christ has no mother.Mary was his faithful servant and the among minutest part of His creation.Mary is but dust before Him & she knows it.Mary is less than an ant before Him.She is not His mate!... even though the reverse seems to be the case for catholics.Wallow on in ur idolatory!

May God forgive you . How can a Sane human insult a mother talk less about the mother of his God .

You guys are pushing it too far
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

My own God has no Mother.

He his the authoritative creator, created by no one.

Mary and every other believer are children of God.

1 Like

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II:

May God forgive you . How can a Sane human insult a mother talk less about the mother of his God .

Since we all are fruits of the 1st generation.

Can we also say, Eve & Adam are great grandparents of Jesus?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 9:44am On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Since we all are fruits of the 1st generation.

Can we also say, Eve & Adam are great grandparents of Jesus?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by ElYamin: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2013
Dap07: @OP, people like you are those that deserve a special place in hell. An idiat xtian fella forming holier-than-thou. If not for the catholic church, u'd be somewr catering for dogs to be used during Ogun festival...
Mor.on

Whoopi hold up. The questions should be, are these points by the OP right or wrong. Read all and don't pull points out of context.

And are you saying without catholicism there wouldn't be christianity?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by bizmahn: 10:29am On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II:

The Jews held Abraham in high esteem above Jesus Christ same way catholics hold Mary today.Jesus answered them.... "before Abraham was I am"(Jn.8:58).Jesus was saying Abraham is not my mate,I created Him.Same goes for Mary.
-Question:Did Jesus exist as an Omnipotent,omniscient God before the virgin birth?
-Answer:Yes.
-Question:Did Jesus create Mary?
-Answer:Yes (Jn.1:3,Col.1:16).
Conclusion:Jesus has no mother.He exists far before all mothers that ever existed.He created them all one by one.A mother exists before the child and the child is a product of intimate relationship with a man.This is not the case for Jesus virgin birth.Mary is not the mother of Jesus since Jesus existed before her.CASE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2013
bizmahn:
The Jews held Abraham in high esteem above Jesus Christ same way catholics hold Mary today.Jesus answered them.... "before Abraham was I am"(Jn.8:58).Jesus was saying Abraham is not my mate,I created Him.Same goes for Mary.
-Question:Did Jesus exist as an Omnipotent,omniscient God before the virgin birth?
Conclusion:Jesus has no mother.He exists far before all mothers that ever existed.He created them all one by one.A mother exists before the child and the child is a product of intimate relationship with a man.This is not the case for Jesus virgin birth.Mary is not the mother of Jesus since Jesus existed before her.CASE CLOSED.
Yeah..This should put the ROMAN CATHOLIC idolatory to rest.

They just swallow what the vatican pope tells them hook,line and sinker without checking scriptures like BEREANS. SMH!
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Mintayo(m): 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
bizmahn:
guy,i love you so much,this is the conclusion and the summary of the matter, and put an end to the "holy mary mother of god, pray for us" incantations...mary is not d mother of God...Jesus yesterday,today and forever.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Amyfah: 1:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
pls can you stop judging..its clearly written in the scriptures..judge not so you may not be judged. lipsrsealed[color=#770077][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Famous Scandals Involving Famous Pastors / What Does The Bible Say About Narcissism?" / Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.