Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic (4264 Views)

"I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew, And An Atheist Walk Into A Café... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Syncan(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
bizmahn:
The Jews held Abraham in high esteem above Jesus Christ same way catholics hold Mary today.Jesus answered them.... "before Abraham was I am"(Jn.8:58).Jesus was saying Abraham is not my mate,I created Him.Same goes for Mary.
-Question:Did Jesus exist as an Omnipotent,omniscient God before the virgin birth?
-Answer:Yes.
-Question:Did Jesus create Mary?
-Answer:Yes (Jn.1:3,Col.1:16).
Conclusion:Jesus has no mother.He exists far before all mothers that ever existed.He created them all one by one.A mother exists before the child and the child is a product of intimate relationship with a man.This is not the case for Jesus virgin birth.Mary is not the mother of Jesus since Jesus existed before her.CASE CLOSED.

You wrote the above and you feel triumphant isn't it? Oh how correct is our Lord when he said "... you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children ... " Matt 11:25.

You said "Jesus has no mother"

"Mother" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother‎ - A woman who has raised a child, given birth to a child...

"And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus". LK1:31

Oh now is time for logic and no more what God has revealed abi? I believe I've some female monikers here, let them please give me an honest yes or no. Is Mary the mother of Jesus?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Syncan:

You wrote the above and you feel triumphant isn't it? Oh how correct is our Lord when he said "... you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children ... " Matt 11:25.

"Mother" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother‎ - A woman who has raised a child, given birth to a child...

"And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus". LK1:31

Oh now is time for logic and no more what God has revealed abi? I believe I've some female monikers here, let them please give me an honest yes or no. Is Mary the mother of Jesus?

Mattew 1:18

But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Is Holy spirit the Father of Jesus?

Yes Jesus had an earthly mother..
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Acidosis(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Amyfah: pls can you stop judging..its clearly written in the scriptures..judge not so you may not be judged. lipsrsealed[color=#770077][/color]

It is not judgement when you rebuke a brother/or when you tell a sinner he'll go to Hell..

If sinners don't go to hell, where else will they go? Your kingdom?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
1) I quote this scripture where Jesus told the people who is real family is
Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister and mother.
Do y'all want to argue with him? He never called Mary his mother when speaking. why? cause he was trying to discourage what peeps like the catholics are doing today

2)As Christians the only channel of prayer is
God-Jesus-man
not
God-Jesus-Mary-Saints-Man.
He is the only mediator between God and man.

3)You keep Adopting the heathen style of worship instead of worshipping in spirit and in truth, repeating prayers like the heathens do, using images, candles, bowing the statue of Mary and praying to her, calling the Pope infallible and thereby being deceived by his words, Looking up to the saints and Mary instead of looking up to Christ alone, dwelling more on religion than on Christ.
it's all wrong............................... don't try to justify false doctrines
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
^ you don't make sense.try again
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II: I guess implying that I'm animal is a not an insult on your book, anyway I don't owe you any apology.,

I have never seen you condemning your brothers here when they rain insults and abuses on our holy Mother which means you agree with them , in fact most of the time you are seconding their comments ,it tells a lot about you, you find nothing wrong with people insulting the Mother of your God but get angry when I say people/children will abuse you because you are not their biological mother, Abeg say amen that's all . Who do you think you are before Mary? You are a nonentity and I'm only serving you your own medicine. If you think Mary shouldn't be honoured then you worth nothing and people shouldn't respect you .
I didn't insult you. I hardly do that in my daily life, talk less of on a faceless forum. I only describe people. I described you the way I did cause of the nature of your post to me.
Quote someone who insulted Mary and quote any post of mine where I seconded any comment of that nature.
None of us, I repeat none, insult Mary. She was a believer like us all, why should we?
You just use your fingers to type false stuff. You keep raising false accusations and derailing the topic. this thread was open to analyse the Catholic doctrines not to insult or point fingers at other denominations. If you've got a problem with other denominations, open a thread for it.
I've been trying to manage your unscrupulous comments but they are getting out of hand. If you can't stick to the topic or the message it is passing, get off the thread.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by bizmahn: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
Syncan:

bizmahn: Catholics do not honour Mary.They IDOLIZE her.They put her in the position GOD reserved for JESUS alone.Jesus is the FATHER of Mary by creation so how can Mary be a mother to her own FATHER the way catholics view it.It simply tells you Mary is not a mother to Jesus in the natural sense of it but a DOOR,METHOD,MEDIUM,CHANNEL,ROAD,AVENUE Jesus chose to pass through to commence his redemption mission on earth.
He could have appeared in a house without being born & people will idolize & woship that house......,
He could have emerged from a river & people will call the river the creator of the saviour........,
He could have descended from the sky etc.God...
how can you make this people understand?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Syncan(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Mattew 1:18

Is Holy spirit the Father of Jesus?

Yes Jesus had an earthly mother..

Thanks at the above, its good to sit back, analyze realistically and unbiased, then say the truth. For only then, shall freedom come. John8:32

As per your question, is there also a difference between the "christian" and "catholic" belief on the father of Jesus?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Syncan(m): 9:11am On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO: 1) I quote this scripture where Jesus told the people who is real family is
Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister and mother.
Do y'all want to argue with him? He never called Mary his mother when speaking. why? cause he was trying to discourage what peeps like the catholics are doing today

2)As Christians the only channel of prayer is
God-Jesus-man
not
God-Jesus-Mary-Saints-Man.
He is the only mediator between God and man.

3)You keep Adopting the heathen style of worship instead of worshipping in spirit and in truth, repeating prayers like the heathens do, using images, candles, bowing the statue of Mary and praying to her, calling the Pope infallible and thereby being deceived by his words, Looking up to the saints and Mary instead of looking up to Christ alone, dwelling more on religion than on Christ.
it's all wrong............................... don't try to justify false doctrines

You do not need to say so much, I asked the ladies (those with female monikers) a simple question.

Syncan:

...You said "Jesus has no mother"

I believe I've some female monikers here, let them please give me an honest yes or no. Is Mary the mother of Jesus?

After this, we can talk about why Jesus called her "Woman". If you care.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

You do not need to say so much, I asked the ladies (those with female monikers) a simple question.

After this, we can talk about why Jesus called her "Woman". If you care.
She is literally, but Jesus, the one we look up to said otherwise. He had his reasons and I'm sticking to his view why? cause I am his follower.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
She is literally, but Jesus, the one we look up to said otherwise. He had his reasons and I'm sticking to his view why? cause I am his follower.

Jesus said Mary wasn't his mother?

Where? When?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Jesus said Mary wasn't his mother?

Where? When?
When he said His mother, brother and sisters are those who obey the will of his father.
And he never called her his mum in the Bible. or can you quote any scripture?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
When he said His mother, brother and sisters are those who obey the will of his father.
And he never called her his mum in the Bible. or can you quote any scripture?

So that makes VickyO Jesus' mother (since you obey his Father's will)

While Mary is not Jesus mother. (Since you said Jesus said otherwise)

Abi?!
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

So that makes VickyO Jesus' mother (since you obey his Father's will)

While Mary is not Jesus mother. (Since you said Jesus said otherwise)

Abi?!
If you choose to interpret it that way, it's fine by me.
Mary also obeyed the will of God... she was in the upper room.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
If you choose to interpret it that way, it's fine by me.
Mary also obeyed the will of God... she was in the upper room.

It's fine by you that you should be seen as Jesus Mother, but Mary should not be seen as his Mother.

It has been said before. We clearly do not worship the same.

May it never be said about you what you are saying about the Holy Mother: that you are not the mother of the fruit of your womb. Amen.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

It's fine by you that you should be seen as Jesus Mother, but Mary should not be seen as his Mother.

It has been said before. We clearly do not worship the same.

May it never be said about you what you are saying about the Holy Mother: that you are not the mother of the fruit of your womb. Amen.
I never said I wanted to be seen as Jesus' mother, all I know is that I'm in his family.
And Mary is the earthly mother of Christ, no doubt. But it ends here on earth, in heaven we all are saints/the bride of Christ, including Mary.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by italo: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I never said I wanted to be seen as Jesus' mother, all I know is that I'm in his family.
And Mary is the earthly mother of Christ, no doubt. But it ends here on earth, in heaven we all are saints/the bride of Christ, including Mary.

But I thought you were Jesus mother, not Mary.

You are going back on that?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

But I thought you were Jesus mother, not Mary.

You are going back on that?

All I know is I am a family member of Christ i.e. the Church by obedience to God i.e. believing in Christ and doing His will
Mary became a family member by obedience not by birthing Christ.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Syncan(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:

Dear VickyO, I am happy you a female, know that one who carried another; for nine months, and gave birth to him, has merited the name Mother.

The scripture did call His Mother - Confirmed.

Now to the other Issue.

What did Jesus call Mary, in the recorded places in scripture?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Dear VickyO, I am happy you a female, know that one who carried another; for nine months, and gave birth to him, has merited the name Mother.

The scripture did call His Mother - Confirmed.

Now to the other Issue.

What did Jesus call Mary, in the recorded places in scripture?
Jesus never referred to Mary as his mum in the Bible. People called him Son of Mary, but He never called her mother. People called him son of David but he never called him dad. He even told them that how can he be David's son when David called him Lord? How can he be Mary's son if she called him lord?
Jesus came to earth for a purpose to die for our sins. and while living he told us his family are those who obey the will of the father.
He called her woman every time he referred to her. true of false.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Syncan(m): 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Jesus never referred to Mary as his mum in the Bible. People called him Son of Mary, but He never called her mother. People called him son of David but he never called him dad. He even told them that how can he be David's son when David called him Lord? How can he be Mary's son if she called him lord?
Jesus came to earth for a purpose to die for our sins. and while living he told us his family are those who obey the will of the father.
He called her woman every time he referred to her. true of false.

Only the last sentence would have sufficed, you don't need to defend anything. All you said earlier than that last sentence are not related to my question.

Now to your answer "He called her woman every time he referred to her. true of false". The answer is true.

Do you think it was a disrespect?

Do you know why He calls her that?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Only the last sentence would have sufficed, you don't need to defend anything. All you said earlier than that last sentence are not related to my question.

Now to your answer "He called her woman every time he referred to her. true of false". The answer is true.

Do you think it was a disrespect?

Do you know why He calls her that?
Nope, Woman then was a word that carried respect.
Because He can't contradict himself. He said those who do the will of the Father shall be my brother, sister and mother
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Syncan(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Nope, Woman then was a word that carried respect.
Because He can't contradict himself. He said those who do the will of the Father shall be my brother, sister and mother

Fair

No it wasn't disrespectful, Our lord can not break the fourth commandment. On the contrary, He was subject to her "And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them:but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart". Lk2:51

But it wasn't because woman then was a word that carried respect. Or do you want to prove that to me?

He already Called her "Woman" in John 2:4, long before he said "“For everyone who does the will of my Father who is in Heaven, the same is my brother and my sister and my mother.”" Matt 12:50. So it wasn't "not to contradict himself", yet there is always a reason for what He does.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[MUST READ] END TIME TRUTHS: SECOND COMING, REVELATIONS / I Hate God For Making Me Black / 1 John 5:7 : The Real Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.