Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,312 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic (4263 Views)

"I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew, And An Atheist Walk Into A Café... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
they never prayed to or worship Mary. Mary was even among them. they never preached purgatory, they didn't use the rosary, they didn't make images, they didn't pray to the dead............................... next.
again the so called early Church is the Catholic Church . they never made the sign of the cross , yet you do it....., they never shouted and barked like mad dogs yet you do it etc..need I say more?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
sensible fellow.
Gombs: Y'all should fforget abt all doctrine. God seeks those who will Worship him in Spirit and truth...not doctrines!

Doctrines are very very good..but what good are they if not used to Worship in spirit and truth?

I know there are false doctrine out there, but your protests here or anywhere won't change anything. Your protests here won't preach love, nor peace nor righteousness. But Prayers will and can change that false doctrine.

OP, inasmuch as I feel you meant good, and doing God a 'good' service, you were wrong to do this. Why? Because it will only cause discord in the body of Christ and that will not glorify God. It profits no one at all

2 tim 2 AMP

16 But avoid all empty (vain, useless, idle) talk, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness.

From the above bold, you can see it is already evident on the thread.

If you need to see a change in the church of God (any denomination), get on your knees and intercede for them. The Church of Jesus Christ does NOT operate democracy...you don't ALWAYS have freedom of speech.

Cheers

God bless u
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: who draws such lines? besides I have already told you that I don't see any wrongs in the Catholic Church . the Catholic Church is perfect
I've done my best. it's a matter of the heart, if you heart isn't open to changes nothing will move you apart from the Holy Spirit. i pray he ministers to you and make your crooked ways straight. I agree with Gombs in a way. end of discussion
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
the deal is why claim to be Christians if you don't rely on Christ alone? it doesn't hurt, I know, but should I sit quietly and watch my brothers in Christ derail.

Who determines who the real christians are? Since we have no way of objectively communicating with God(I said objectively) why not leave it till the judgement day!

What did Jesus say about removing the speck in your brother's éye whilst ignóring the log in ýours?

Pray for them if you feel they are in error! That is what I read in the bible when I was an ardent student of the Holybook

Personally I feel you guys fighting over all these makes christianity look bad!

Anyway I'm a proud ex-christian!

Also notice how even though I don't believe in God,how I still right God with a capital 'G'. That is because I don't respect God cos He doesn't exist but I resppect the fact that some people hold the concept of God with the highest esteem.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: again the so called early Church is the Catholic Church . they never made the sign of the cross , yet you do it....., they never shouted and barked like mad dogs yet you do it etc..need I say more?
no we don't make crosses. was their (the apostles) mode of prayer recorded? Dude, it's okay. You're quite an insulter and you claim someone isn't Christ like. Dude, let's give it a break.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Who determines who the real christians are? Since we have no way of objectively communicating with God(I said objectively) why not live it till the judgement day!

What did Jesus say about removing the speck in your brother's éye whilst ignóring the log in ýours?

Pray for them if you feel they are in error!

Personally I feel you guys fighting over all these makes christianity look bad!

Anyway I'm a proud ex-christian!

the bible is the basis of all doctrines, anyone that doesn't derive it's origin from it is wrong. We should test doctrines if they be true or not. I am not condemning him as a person. I'm only testing the doctrines of his church.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
I've done my best. it's a matter of the heart, if you heart isn't open to changes nothing will move you apart from the Holy Spirit. i pray he ministers to you and make your crooked ways straight. I agree with Gombs in a way. end of discussion
yup , work on your own salvation , abeg free us , we didn't send you message, We don't practice forced conversion or apostasy so why do you care so much about us?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pope II why are you attacking Vickyo like a rabid dog!

Take a chill pill its just her opinion. Gush!! Hoppe you won't kill someone because of catholicism •
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
no we don't make crosses. was their (the apostles) mode of prayer recorded? Dude, it's okay. You're quite an insulter and you claim someone isn't Christ like. Dude, let's give it a break.
so we can do stuffs that are not in the bible right? answer it
I was only making a comparison , sorry if I offended you it was not my intent .
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Pope II why are you attacking Vickyo like a rabid dog!

Take a chill pill its just her opinion. Gush!! Hoppe you won't kill someone because of catholicism •
how am I attacking her?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: yup , work on your own salvation , abeg free us , we didn't send you message, We don't practice forced conversion or apostasy so why do you care so much about us?
it's my duty as a Christian to care for fellow Christians and lead them in the right path which is shown in the scriptures. i have done my path and it's for you to accept or reject it. you've chosen the later so i guess i'll just rest the case with you.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
the bible is the basis of all doctrines, anyone that doesn't derive it's origin from it is wrong. We should test doctrines if they be true or not. I am not condemning him as a person. I'm only testing the doctrines of his church.

But the very catholics you criticise majorly influenced the choice of books contained in the bible! Might it be that they are withholding some top secret heavenly dossier that protestants know nothing about?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: so we can do stuffs that are not in the bible right? answer it
I was only making a comparison , sorry if I offended you it was not my intent .
Do you use computers? yes. is it in the Bible? no. The Bible serves as a guide to Christians. it says pray, the gestures you show while praying is your business, it says preach, the gestures you show while preaching is your business. all that matters is don't pray or teach amiss. they must be in line with the scriptures. the gestures you show aren't an issue.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

But the very catholics you criticise majorly influenced the choice of books contained in the bible! Might it be that they are withholding some top secret heavenly dossier that protestants know nothing about?
How are you so sure about that? No one knows for sure who complied the Bible.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
How are you so sure about that? No one knows for sure who complied the Bible.
hard to swallow uh ? lol we clothed you , fed you, gave you the bible, your sacraments , your calendar, your holydays etc cool cool proudly Catholic
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Do you use computers? yes. is it in the Bible? no. The Bible serves as a guide to Christians. it says pray, the gestures you show while praying is your business, it says preach, the gestures you show while preaching is your business. all that matters is don't pray or teach amiss. they must be in line with the scriptures. the gestures you show aren't an issue.
how is the rosary against the scriptures please educate me, maybe i'm missing something .
besides nice dodging however I will take it as you can do things that are not in the bible, don't forget that the bible is too small to contain the whole message of God talk less abou an incomplete bible like yours . do you what are in your missing books/ lipsrsealed
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: hard to swallow uh ? lol we clothed you , fed you, gave you the bible, your sacraments , your calendar, your holydays etc cool cool proudly Catholic
you can remain a catholic for life. Test your doctrine is what we're telling you. capisce? some Pentecostal churches have far fetched doctrines too, i gave my self as an example above. you can brag all you want and boast while you still can. the first will be the last, ever heard of that. better test your doctrines before you reach the point of no return.....
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: how is the rosary against the scriptures please educate me, maybe i'm missing something .
besides nice dodging however I will take it as you can do things that are not in the bible, don't forget that the bible is too small to contain the whole message of God talk less abou an incomplete bible like yours . do you what are in your missing books/ lipsrsealed
Cause it's not contained in the scriptures. the bible is a guide to test all doctrines..... you are very ignorant of the truth and i am tired of going round a circle with you. it's obvious you don't want to know. and ignorant people like you are those who the Bible condemns. dude don't quote me again. my posts have all the answers i want to give in relation to the thread.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
you can remain a catholic for life. Test your doctrine is what we're telling you. capisce? some Pentecostal churches have far fetched doctrines too, i gave my self as an example above. you can brag all you want and boast while you still can. the first will be the last, ever heard of that. better test your doctrines before you reach the point of no return.....
sorry it is a take or leave it, I don't decide what I want to follow , I embrace everything in the Catholic teachings because I don't find them against the scriptures . like I have already said , the Catholic church is perfect. besides why should I take the advices of some heretics? in few words there is nothing to test here
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Cause it's not contained in the scriptures. the bible is a guide to test all doctrines..... you are very ignorant of the truth and i am tired of going round a circle with you. it's obvious you don't want to know. and ignorant people like you are those who the Bible condemns. dude don't quote me again. my posts have all the answers i want to give in relation to the thread.
so saying the our father is not contained in bible wow? shocked shocked do you even know what's the rosary or your are just vomiting what your pastor told you ?

are your shouting sessions contained in the bible?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: sorry it is a take or leave it, I don't decide what I want to follow , I embrace everything in the Catholic teachings because I don't find them against the scriptures . like I have already said , the Catholic church is perfect. besides why should I take the advices of some heretics? in few words there is nothing to test here
Do you know the meaning of heretic? i doubt that. You decide what you want to follow, it's all your choice. the bible says test every doctrine to see if it be of God. It's your walk not mine. i'll keep testing and the truth will keep setting me free. I don't know about you i guess i do.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: so saying the our father is not contained in bible wow? shocked shocked do you even know what's the rosary or your are just vomiting what your pastor told you ?

are your shouting sessions contained in the bible?
What are you saying you've been ranting and raving right from the beginning of this thread and i'll do what others have done. You don't want the truth, i get it. you're just going off point with your baseless annoying arguments. i rest my case, did you get that?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
What are you saying you've been ranting and raving right from the beginning of this thread and i'll do what others have done. You don't want the truth, i get it. you're just going off point with your baseless annoying arguments. i rest my case, did you get that?
next time don't talk about things you know nothing about, so the Rosary(our father + Holy Mary) is against the scriptures , how funny.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: next time don't talk about things you know nothing about, so the Rosary(our father + Holy Mary) is against the scriptures , how funny.
oooooooooooooo. i meant the stuff you all hold while praying the rosary.... like the muslims do.... it ain't Biblical............ i'm done. you've been thoroughly brain washed and it's only the Holy Spirit that can help peeps like you........................................... Renew your mind, be open to change. God changed his mode of communication with us. are you any better?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
oooooooooooooo. i meant the stuff you all hold while praying the rosary.... like the muslims do.... it ain't Biblical............ i'm done. you've been thoroughly brain washed and it's only the Holy Spirit that can help peeps like you........................................... Renew your mind, be open to change. God change his mode of communication with us. are you any better?
the beads are like the computers you mentioned , they are used to not get confused when you pray and to easily teach the prayers to young children . the rosary are not the beads this is just a language abuse , some people use their fingers when they pray the rosary and don't have the beads , are fingers also unbiblical ?
this is what I keep saying you should talk about things you know and make yourself clear enough . The rosary is the holy mary + our Father different mysteries and others prayers + songs/praises . period and there is nothing unbiblical in the Rosary
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: the beads are like the computers you mentioned , they are used to not get confused when you pray and to easily teach the prayers to young children . the rosary are not the beads this is just a language abuse , some people use their fingers when they pray the rosary and don't have the beads , are fingers also unbiblical ?
this is what I keep saying you should talk about things you know and make yourself clear enough . The rosary is the holy mary + our Father different mysteries and others prayers + songs/praises . period and there is nothing unbiblical in the Rosary
You know what, the Bible never said we should sing praise to Mary....................................... I've tried and i'm tired. I've told you test all doctrines why? cause the Bible says sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Pope II why are you attacking Vickyo like a rabid dog!

Do you know how many people have been killed by folks like him?

Christians they condemn to death by burning at the stake?

We better not dwell on that.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by vickyO(f): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:

abi and he is calling us heretics....................
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
You know what, the Bible never said we should sing praise to Mary....................................... I've tried and i'm tired. I've told you test all doctrines why? cause the Bible says sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
the bible never said we should shout either , at least we don't sing praise to pastors and their wives .

Besides the Bible didn't say we shouldn't .
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by Olugbenger(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
His beliefs and theories of arguments are based on something which differs completely from the scriptures.
It's really difficult for folks like him.
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
abi and he is calling us heretics....................
what do you think you guys are ?
Re: Untold Ultimate Differences Between A Christian & A Catholic by POPEII: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Olugbenger:

you miss the old days, don't you ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biblical Laws For Rape / [MUST READ] END TIME TRUTHS: SECOND COMING, REVELATIONS / I Hate God For Making Me Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.