Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World (32708 Views)

Three Important Principles In The Modern Hijrah / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / 9 Great Events In Ramadan That Changed History And Shaped The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by AreaFada2: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Blackman don suffer.

Oyinbo dey brainwash us, Arab sef dey do their own, and there are even wiling slaves to help them propagate it.

What happened to contributions by African empires? Oyo, Benin, Ancient Ghana/Mali, Bornu, Buganda, Zulu, Ashanti?

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by BlackPeni5: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hahahaha...What is Muslim invention. Were they invented in the mosque?

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Even the roman figure

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lies!!!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by ayusco85(m): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by omoredia: 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
i doubt that number eight cos Abokis mouth too dey smell! grin

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by anselm791(m): 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
I honestly don't know how to express my opinion without someone getting offended, it's almost impossible especially in belief, and shouldn't be brought to FP if we don't want a different view, but I'm going to try my best here.
Firstly, Islam... Nah, this is not worth a ban, I think I'd reserve the rest of my comment.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by hikmoj(m): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Logicbwoy: First of all, when CNN criticizes islam or an islamic country, it is dubbed as "Western media", "biased islamophobic media", "Jewish controlled media"......etc. Now that it is praising islam (albeit with falsehoods) you post it here like some piece of good news to be shared......smh

8. Muhammed (PBUH) did not invent the toothbrush neither was he the earliest to use a chewing stick.

4. Universities? Seriously? The first "proper" university would be the University at Bologna. If we want to stretch it, your muslim universities would have to give way to Plato

7. Music? Ironic how some schools of islam find music to be haraam. Arans ha their instruments just as Europeans had their own musical instruments. But seriously, the way muslims like to compare themselves with Europe is alarming. Asians and Africans had their own music too!! Tbaba, it is shameful that you an African, couldnt see the ethnocentrism in this....

Tbaba, you are smarter than this.

Anyhoo, my comment will be a waste because it is the truth and we know that some pained by the truth will run to Maclatunji to hide the truth undecided

u're sick honestly,u 're behind d news
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by raytony: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
tbaba1234: grin grin

Up till today, Arabic words/culture are still in the university system.

Alumni comes from the word Alim (which means a knowledgeable one).

Even the design of the graduation thobe is from the muslims....

The roots are still there.

We are talking of the things that laid the foundation for the modern world not the finished products.

No need to get worked up over this. Every civilisation has made some contribution to the modern world.
No be only the root dey there, d tree sef dey there. Alim ko, Boy Alinco ni.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Esdb(m): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
yeye muslims crank? optic? mtchew mst of dem re art students oooooo
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Lilimax(f): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
1) Moslems invented the first University- How come the level of illiteracy in Northern Nigeria
dominated by moslems is still very high compare to any other region of the country?.
They should be encouraged to embrace education in their various mosques having invented the present day universityundecided

2)Moslems invented the first Hospital- Polio is still prevalent in the North simply because the refused to accept
Polio immunization. Having invented the first Hospital, onus lies on the moslem clerics to educate their faithfuls to patronize their various hospitals and get their little ones immunized against the deadly poliomyelitis?

13 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by rexbuton: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf had
this to say about his fellow Muslims: "Today we
are the poorest, the most illiterate, the most
backward, the most unhealthy, the most un-
enlightened, the most deprived, and the weakest
of all the human race..."

13 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by PastorKun(m): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Whilst it is true that the Arab world as contributed considerably to the modern world, I see no sense with these contributions/inventions being credited to Islam as the inventions have nothing to do with Islam in the first instance. The right thing to do is to give the Arabs credit for their inventions, pundits trying to give the credit to Islam betrays a sense of complex and trying to score cheap points to promote an agenda.

11 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Gorrbachev: 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Muslim inventions that shaped the modern world
By Olivia Sterns for CNN
January 29, 2010 -- Updated 1253 GMT (2053 HKT)

Nna Pack well. grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by rexbuton: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Human mine detectors... Iran, is known for its
complete disregard of thousands of Iranian
children who were used as human mine
detectors. During the Iran/Iraq war in the
80's, Iran gave "Passports to Paradise" to
adolescents who cleared mine fields by
running across them. They were promised
that by detecting a mine with their bodies,
their souls would automatically go to
heaven. Ah, Muslim science at its highest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Gorrbachev: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by ShalomNigeria: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
Do you know what is called plagiarism?
Where did you get this from? You can't even paraphrase it.

hotwax: Its either this was published by a muslim or CNN is trying to romance muslims.

This article is all lie

Hmm...CNN will lose credibility it they keep publishing this kind of reports. Most of the facts in this article can be challenged. Back in 1500 BC in India, Sushruta compiled "Sushruta Samhita" that described seven branches of surgery: Excision, Scarification, Puncturing, Exploration, Extraction, Evacuation, and Suturing. Several universities, including Nalanda, existed in India way before 859 AD. India is the birthplace of many mathematic concepts, including zero (invented by Aryabhatta in the 5th BC), decimal system, square and cube roots. Toothbrush popularized by Prophet Mohammed? How silly is that - chew sticks has been common in most ancient civilizations, - and the bristle toothbrush was invented in China in the 15th century.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by blackmale1: 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
Logicbwoy: First of all, when CNN criticizes islam or an islamic country, it is dubbed as "Western media", "biased islamophobic media", "Jewish controlled media"......etc. Now that it is praising islam (albeit with falsehoods) you post it here like some piece of good news to be shared......smh

8. Muhammed (PBUH) did not invent the toothbrush neither was he the earliest to use a chewing stick.

4. Universities? Seriously? The first "proper" university would be the University at Bologna. If we want to stretch it, your muslim universities would have to give way to Plato

7. Music? Ironic how some schools of islam find music to be haraam. Arans ha their instruments just as Europeans had their own musical instruments. But seriously, the way muslims like to compare themselves with Europe is alarming. Asians and Africans had their own music too!! Tbaba, it is shameful that you an African, couldnt see the ethnocentrism in this....

Anyhoo, my comment will be a waste because it is the truth and we know that some pained by the truth will run to Maclatunji to hide the truth undecided

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by eluquenson(m): 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
I love this piece of information, I know people will be aggrieved with this but that doesn't change the world nor change the history, so let not be a bigot on this thread.
Thank God am a Muslim

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by blackmale1: 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pastor Kun: Whilst it is true that the Arab world as contributed considerably to the modern world, I see no sense with these contributions/inventions being credited to Islam as the inventions have nothing to do with Islam in the first instance. The right thing to do is to give the Arabs credit for their inventions, pundits trying to give the credit to Islam betrays a sense of complex and trying to score cheap points to promote an agenda.

well said...
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Fitzy4real(m): 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
grin

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by drnoel: 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2013

sad right? Funny enof who cares what or who design or did something first. Or what religion it was that the person was?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Did that guy posted MUSIC as part of Islamic inventions? Or my eyes are simply deceiving me due to the excess use of vaseline?

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by paulworld(m): 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Like seriously, just
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Lilaex: 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Na ur fada day cage.. Day fit diciv u not me..

BUSH.HUNTER:

who open ur CAGE??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Islam Says On Masturbation. / Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim / Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.