Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,913 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World (32697 Views)

Three Important Principles In The Modern Hijrah / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / 9 Great Events In Ramadan That Changed History And Shaped The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Kemet: 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
The suicide bomber's belt was also invented by the Ah-Rabs. This very important invention has made air travel more interesting.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Cubeet: I thought they said Education is a Sin.How come were they the first to invent or start or introduce a University
northern Nigeria Muslims invented boko haram to discredit GEJ government. Arabian Muslims have a lot of inventions and discoveries that have positively affecting the world
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Eliasog: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
i remember 1985 National Geographic society publication quoting Saddam Hussein who said Muslim world is a thausand years behind civilization. My amazement is that if all these were invented by them, then why is the hatred against education by some of them!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by adepojuot: 11:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Professor Peter: northern Nigeria Muslims invented boko haram to discredit GEJ government. Arabian Muslims have a lot of inventions and discoveries that have positively affecting the world
liar!!!!malala, yemeni girl was shot by the aquada because she was promoting western education for middle east girls.....last two month boko haram killed more 50 students because they believe western education is a sin..

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maclatunji: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
^With spelling of words like "aquada", educating you might be futile. Let me try: people like Boko Haram and the Pakistani Taliban portray a wrong notion about Islam based on their objectives.

How does that change the fact that Europeans learnt from Muslims over several fields? It is only the poorly educated that would dispute this because they cannot understand that the world has not always been under western domination and influence.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by bimx19: 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
[Modern xtian are like Jews when Jesus came to them. Heed God's words so you can be save]verily today I have completed your religion and I have chosen for you the religion of peace
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 12:32am On Nov 21, 2013
AbdH: A summary it is but if the impact of Muslims had been elaborated by the writer, people will be amazed at how Muslims and Islam truly influenced science.

Perhaps you can start proving how Adam was 90 feet tall. Or how when a man ejaculates first his child resembles him and if the woman ejaculates first, the child resembles her. Those are statements running in your holy book that you need to prove.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 12:34am On Nov 21, 2013
Nerosoft19: u forgot to add boko haram, Al'queada n Al'Shabab

And Ansaru and the 1001 other Islamic terrorist groups
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by AroOkigbo(m): 12:42am On Nov 21, 2013
fckyourman: God Bless Muslims.
Allah, you meant?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 12:49am On Nov 21, 2013
tbaba1234:

The Arabs conquered the persians not the other way around. The father of Algebra is Abu Ja’far Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi, (780 – 850 CE). It was his book : “al-Kitab al-mukhtasar fi Hisab al-jabr w’al-muqabala”, (“The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing”) that later evolved to algebra

Bros, he was Persian not Arab. The same way Iranians are Persians and not Arabs. Also, not all Arabs are Muslims i.e. the Copts in Egypt, the Druze in Lebanon and Syria. Try and be objective and honest.

You can as well claim the pyramids in Egypt were built by muslims as well smiley

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 12:52am On Nov 21, 2013
Moshood Alanamu: Take it or leave it, Islam is the primary source of civilization.

You don't say. Evidence points to Islam being a 7th century Arab cultural religion. If we look at some of the scientific claims of Islam, they can't be proven
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 12:57am On Nov 21, 2013
maclatunji: ^With spelling of words like "aquada", educating you might be futile. Let me try: people like Boko Haram and the Pakistani Taliban portray a wrong notion about Islam based on their objectives.

How does that change the fact that Europeans learnt from Muslims over several fields? It is only the poorly educated that would dispute this because they cannot understand that the world has not always been under western domination and influence.

Who are you to tell us that the Taliban portray the wrong notion of Islam?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by niceeric(m): 2:01am On Nov 21, 2013
Cubeet: I thought they said Education is a Sin.How come were they the first to invent or start or introduce a University
Em....well...u see...it just became a sin not quite long...d west as they always put it was winning and learning and really inventing things...real inventions I mean thru education so 'they' got jealous and put education in d list of sins....beeni,....God help us
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 4:30am On Nov 21, 2013
true2god: I think the topic should have been: Arab invention that shape the world.

I dont think inventions has anything to do with religion, but science. Arabs\Persians are pioneer in science and maths. But they have slept off, and may never catch up with modern science and technology.

Because you hate Islam so you prefer the word Arab. probably you need some education. but the problem i have with nigerian christians is the fact that they will never research about Islam. their bigotry and prejudice is just too much. go to BBC, CNN and other european media and books they all made reference to Islam as the source and inspiration of these innovations. in the History of the world you would come accross the word DARK AGE that word is used interchangeably with the word CHRISTIAN ERA because this was the time the papacy held the world in darkness with its dogma.
let me quote the president of the United State himself Barack Obama on June 4th 2009 " [b]As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam – at places like Al-Azhar University – that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment. It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra; our magnetic compass and tools of navigation; our mastery of pens and printing; our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed. Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires; timeless poetry and cherished music; elegant calligraphy and places of peaceful contemplation. And throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.
I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America's story. The first nation to recognize my country was Morocco. In signing the Treaty of Tripoli in 1796, our second President John Adams wrote, "The United States has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Muslims." [/b] http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 4:37am On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar:

You don't say. Evidence points to Islam being a 7th century Arab cultural religion. If we look at some of the scientific claims of Islam, they can't be proven

Learn from the US president about Islam. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 5:00am On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar:

Bros, he was Persian not Arab. The same way Iranians are Persians and not Arabs. Also, not all Arabs are Muslims i.e. the Copts in Egypt, the Druze in Lebanon and Syria. Try and be objective and honest.

You can as well claim the pyramids in Egypt were built by muslims as well smiley

All historical sources point to Islam as the inspiration behind these inventions, go read or just google it.these are fact to be dealt with and not ideas to be debated on. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

read this Book THE ROOTS OF THE WEST, An introduction into European cultural Tradition BY LOUIS J. MUNOZ
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by odehaj: 5:58am On Nov 21, 2013
A people struggling for image laundry
A people Struggling for relevance
A people struggling for survival
Surely,moslems are not people u argue with, its a gross misplaced priority and negate time management concept.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maclatunji: 6:10am On Nov 21, 2013
odehaj: A people struggling for image laundry
A people Struggling for relevance
A people struggling for survival
Surely,moslems are not people u argue with, its a gross misplaced priority and negate time management concept.

@You forgot to add "image dishwashing". Why should we stop at "image laundry"?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by pendusky(m): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2013
tbaba1234: Muslim inventions that shaped the modern world
By Olivia Sterns for CNN

University

In 859 a young princess named Fatima al-Firhi founded the first degree-granting university in Fez, Morocco. Her sister Miriam founded an adjacent mosque and together the complex became the al-Qarawiyyin Mosque and University. Still operating almost 1,200 years later, Hassani says he hopes the center will remind people that learning is at the core of the Islamic tradition and that the story of the al-Firhi sisters will inspire young Muslim women around the world today.

if this is true, then why boko haram? SMH
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by PromiseJonah(m): 6:40am On Nov 21, 2013
they invented 1001 things and christains invented the rest more than 1000000000000
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by ugoboss26(m): 6:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Nerosoft19: u forgot to add boko haram, Al'queada n Al'Shabab

why him go add am that is because it has not shaped the modern world but attempting to destroy what has marvelously taken years to build by others.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Korrection(m): 6:53am On Nov 21, 2013
obadiah777: chastity belt and apple products ( yes the founder of apple was an iranian muslim )
who then is the founder of garri...go siddon
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by true2god: 6:53am On Nov 21, 2013
saly kely:

Because you hate Islam so you prefer the word Arab. probably you need some education. but the problem i have with nigerian christians is the fact that they will never research about Islam. their bigotry and prejudice is just too much. go to BBC, CNN and other european media and books they all made reference to Islam as the source and inspiration of these innovations. in the History of the world you would come accross the word DARK AGE that word is used interchangeably with the word CHRISTIAN ERA because this was the time the papacy held the world in darkness with its dogma.
let me quote the president of the United State himself Barack Obama on June 4th 2009 " [b]As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam – at places like Al-Azhar University – that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment. It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra; our magnetic compass and tools of navigation; our mastery of pens and printing; our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed. Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires; timeless poetry and cherished music; elegant calligraphy and places of peaceful contemplation. And throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.
I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America's story. The first nation to recognize my country was Morocco. In signing the Treaty of Tripoli in 1796, our second President John Adams wrote, "The United States has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Muslims." [/b] http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
I hope u wont come here tomorrow say BBC, CNN, ALJAZEERA ech hate Islam.

FYI some of the inventions, such as music, is never invented. Music is never an invention cos human being, even immediately after birth, understands the tone of music. I can conveniently say music originates frm africa (do ur research).

So kool down. The present problems the modern world has is synonymous to Islam.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Wakabook01(m): 7:12am On Nov 21, 2013
If you sincerely think that the Muslim world made no positive contribution to the modern world, then prove your point and stop making shallow arguments. Though I'm a Christian, i still appreciate the contribution of the Muslim world. Example, our numeral system - did you know?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Nehemiah459(m): 7:12am On Nov 21, 2013
Who invented BOMB? Cos its better I kill myself than to commit suicide.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by djfiifi(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2013
tbaba1234: grin grin

Up till today, Arabic words/culture are still in the university system.

Alumni comes from the word Alim (which means a knowledgeable one).

Even the design of the graduation thobe is from the muslims....

The roots are still there.

We are talking of the things that laid the foundation for the modern world not the finished products.

No need to get worked up over this. Every civilisation has made some contribution to the modern world.

I don't know a lot about Arabic but I bet to differ on the origin of the 'alumni'
From my four year study of Latin at the seminary and the little etymology I studied at the university.
'alumni' came from the Latin noun 'alumnus' which means "foster
son, pupil" and is derived from the verb
alere
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by mckemsoc(m): 7:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Muslims and their way of thinking... Always doing everything possible (both true & false) to package, repackage and sell their Religion of peace to us. Why not say (if its true) they were Arabian/persian inventions? Must it be tagged Muslim? After all they were 1st Arabian b4 becoming Muslim and their invention has nothing to do with their Religious affiliation.

Should we then call all Western, Indian & Chinese inventions' Christians', Hindus' and Budhist's inventions respectively just because they are the majority? SMH for you Muslims, alwz trying so hard...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by mckemsoc(m): 7:36am On Nov 21, 2013
Wakabook01: If you sincerely think that the Muslim world made no positive contribution to the modern world, then prove your point and stop making shallow arguments. Though I'm a Christian, i still appreciate the contribution of the Muslim world. Example, our numeral system - did you know?

You see the way u reason because they've inflenced your reasoning. Was it Islam/Muslims that gave birth to Arabic writing hence the Arabic Numeral? Arabic/Arabs has been existing b4 d birth of Islam. So how could you called those invention Islamic/Muslim inventions? Pls enlighten me...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Islam Says On Masturbation. / Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim / Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.