Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,094 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:04 AM

20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse (47155 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / 20 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by warrikid(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mummytea: ;DI feel asking our potential spouses all dese questions doesn't count. The person we should ask a question is ourselves. Am i ready to say "i do" to this person? Obviously we must have known our spouses well enuf thru the course of dating, and if we still decide to be with them then so be it. Trust me, even married couples don't know each other's top secrets. It's only natural, no one can change it. Afterall, till today Adam still thinks the Serpent gave Eve the apple. Word is, she plucked it with her hand.

Hahahahahaha
#AnodaClassic.s.h.!.t. .

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by creepsyme(f): 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thers no need asking dis question, just allow matters to take its course! all this will come to the open as time goes on and then one will need to tell if u shuld stay on or depart.
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME

that is what i get from the single ladies...
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
Chimezie198: 21. Can u last upto 2hrs in bed?

Very important...
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by misterjosh(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
I luv dat #16, I will try not to forget it. I wuld also lik to knw ao strong her parents' marriage has been nd wat she might av learnt frm it, gud or bad. Thnx for d article.

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by GentleMimi: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
jay bee: So i'd get a seal of approval if i come with a well prepared answer?

Just a whole lot of bull

You can only know someone's true character by spending time with them not by these useless Q&A sessions
Its not co*ck and bull to an extent.There's a proverb in my place that says ''a man who asks questions can never get lost''. Even by observing a person,u still need to ask questions and hear their responses.You can learn abt a person by ''listening'' and not just hearing.If u are in a relationship and u do not ask some of the questions listed above,then u shld not blame anyone but yourself for the surprises u are bound to recieve.Relationship is abt COMMUNICATION!!!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by illicit(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
I had a gal who's had a baby wether dead or living, but she never told me this despite my asking her severally cos the signs and symptoms are all over her, this gal is like tru out the time we dated she neva took her shirts off no matter the mood, she only takes off everything below her waist, what she was hiding was that her breast was flat and sagging #noshit and her belly was undescribable, its full of lines, i saw those things when she didnt know i was looking, we just kind of drifted apart with time
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by GentleMimi: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
adaptor4all: Just asked a girl all these questions now..Her response was , "Hope I passed d interview? If yes,when can I resume work?"
But seriously,these questions are 4 strangers. Ur spouse shd also b ur best friend.Remember u'll spend d rest of ur life wt him/her. So choose ur inmate wisely.
Do not confuse matters.It is ''potential'' spouse,which means u guys are not yet married,but contemplating marriage.Any seasoned marriage counsellor wld advise u to ask these questions and observe ur patner's actions relative to the answers recieved.
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
mobuch:

VIvi, Congratulations on your first topic in nairaland

undecided undecided undecided My 4th actually
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Miner13: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
My own questn is watz d price 4 d overall winner,runners up nd 3rd place
coz me i wan go goggle, devilfinder, gotohel coz i must win
heeeeeeei!!!
Martins u b my enemy 2 glory, wia u carry my modem go
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
bennyraz: @vivi, i was just helping readers out by including a time frame.. you know some might just write the questions down and start asking their partners to answer it one by one and at the end of the day, answers gotten might be liess

Noted wink Thanks.
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Kingspin(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
The sex partner question is the hardest oo.
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by jaybee3(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
GentleMimi:
Its not co*ck and bull to an extent.There's a proverb in my place that says ''a man who asks questions can never get lost''. Even by observing a person,u still need to ask questions and hear their responses.You can learn abt a person by ''listening'' and not just hearing.If u are in a relationship and u do not ask some of the questions listed above,then u shld not blame anyone but yourself for the surprises u are bound to recieve.Relationship is abt COMMUNICATION!!!
Yes communication is key but trust me they aren't talking about asking closed questions.
You don't go asking asking a player if he is sincere. You observe him
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Miner13: 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
Chaii!
My modem is no wia 2 b find nd my fone displayin gateway error.
I beg vivi help me, mak i dey ask u d questn
abi u sef no wan mak i win?
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Miner13: Chaii!
My modem is no wia 2 b find nd my fone displayin gateway error.
I beg vivi help me, mak i dey ask u d questn
abi u sef no wan mak i win?

Lost modem + Yeye phone = No Prize!!! cheesy

Btw, what prize are u even referring to?
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
vivacious vivi:
So, here are 20 questions to ask a potential spouse. These are just suggestions, and by no means should all of them be asked on a first date. If a question doesn’t feel right to you, then don’t ask it. Or, just replace it with one that is not on the list. The point is to get singles who desire to be married to think carefully about what’s important to them and then to have open communication about these issues before marriage. There are plenty of married and divorced people who wish they had asked the tough questions before saying “I do.”

black-couple-holding-each-other

1. Do you have any life-threatening or incurable diseases?

2. Do you have any children? If so, how integral are they in your life?

3. What are your short term and long term goals?

4. What does financial stability mean to you?

5. What is your relationship like with your parents?

6. How often do you go to church, pray, read your Bible?

7. What gives you joy in life?

8. Do you have a criminal history or record?

9. Do you date men or women exclusively?

10. How many s*xual partners have you had?

11. What do you do when you get angry?

12. Do you have a job? How long have you been working/unemployed?

13. What was your last relationship like? How long ago was it?

14. What are you looking for in a mate?

15. Do you have crazy men or women calling, texting, or stalking you? Should I be afraid?

16. Are there many strong marriages in your family history?

17. What’s the one thing you don’t like about yourself?

18. Do you have any deal breakers for relationships?

19. What do you believe are the roles for men and women in relationships?

20. Do you desire to marry?

Now, there are no right or wrong answers per se. It all depends on what you deem as important. If a question matters to you, ask the question. Listen to the person’s words but also watch the person’s demeanor. Finally, pray about the answers you receive and ask God to order your next steps in the relationship. He might tell you to walk down the aisle or He might say walk the other way. You will never know until you ask.

- Culled From: http://nigeriana.org/blog/45348.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetheights+%28Jet+Heights%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail#sthash.k3bkhMF6.dpuf

In my view, this is quite academic. Once you are in love (especially ladies), you can ask these questions and still ignore all any answer and follow your feelings.

Only the Holy Spirit will give you the right information (for those that know Him, that is). We just need to be acquinted with Him and obey Him
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Sike(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
I swear you can't ask all this questions at once. One step at a time!
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sike: I swear you can't ask all this questions at once. One step at a time!

Did some of you even read the first paragraph of this post abi you just dove into the questions?
I fear una o. shocked
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by quivah(f): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
yea am better,u gotta check urslf
BUT that doesnt mean i wld reject a woman with a bad past,hurtz abi?
ladies think they are better @ asking question,are u guilty of any of my question shioor
can u now tell that d Op questions are future questions,are they not more of d guyz intimate past smh
aww dont feel so bad..im better than any woman you can ever date!..
wink im not quilty of any of your questions,but they just sounded like questions from a kid probably hurtsmiley
And about the op,are they about guys' intimate pasts only? I thought she generalized?! Meaning,both guys and ladiessmiley.
ANd btw,her questions aint about sex.ual pasts alonewink
You need to get matured if you are bent on just knowing your spouse's sex.ual pasts.

I really should ignore you.. we know your type, for your info,9ja hates you as wellwink goodluck and don't expect another reply.
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Miner13: 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
vivacious vivi:

Lost modem + Yeye phone = No Prize!!! cheesy

Btw, what prize are u even referring to?
let d questn b btw me &u
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by iamdsam: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ok and noted #I.never.even.dream.to.get.girlfriend.talk.less.of.marriage
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by TharyeS(m): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
*watching*
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by angelseddy(f): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pls guys I just wanna ask can a traditional marriage be annuled in court if not how?
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by jaybee3(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
angelseddy: Pls guys I just wanna ask can a traditional marriage be annuled in court if not how?
Nope
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Forwetinnah: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
I Hate 9ja: To d females

26)how many guyz f*cked u @ ur nysc camp
27)are u a v*rgin
28)do u av a womb
29)do u know how to cook
30)how many boyfriend have u had
31)how many lecturers and H.O.D had s*x with u in d uni/poly/coll.
32)how many postinor sachets av u used so far
33)how many abortion have u had
34)has ur DAD slept with u
35)have u been r*ped
few month ago one of my graduated colleague(female) wed and can u all imagine dat our H.O.D who has b@nged d hell our of this gurl happened to be d father of d day @ her....unknw to d huzzy what as transpired btw them,what a crazy world,mehn i need a crazy faith

Why are you lot so hard on women? Do they do these things alone? Does a woman get Pregos on her own? What about the men in question? You're talking about the girl dating her HOD, do you know how many sugar mummies and married woman the guy had slept with? Do you know how many of his current GFs attended his wedding? How many girls he also impregnated and asked them for an abortion? Wertin happen sef..Enough of this female bashing biko!!! People say the root of all evil is the love of money, fallacy! I think MEN are the root of ALL evil (oya make una begin nail me to d cross) cool kiss
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by quivah(f): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
^^ i tire oo pttfff

Na so 1 begin dey say hin no go marry.. ki lo kanye?
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by TharyeS(m): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
For wetin nah?:

Why are you lot so hard on women? Do they do these things alone? Does a woman get Pregos on her own? What about the men in question? You're talking about the girl dating her HOD, do you know how many sugar mummies and married woman the guy had slept with? Do you know how many of his current GFs attended his wedding? How many girls he also impregnated and asked them for an abortion? Wertin happen sef..Enough of this female bashing biko!!! People say the root of all evil is the love of money, fallacy! I think MEN are the root of ALL evil (oya make una begin nail me to d cross) cool kiss
*smiles in ovogi* i'l personally kill u wen d tym comes. Kip a watchout
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by coachwilcox(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
Well.....Its difficult to really get answers to all these questions. Just pray to God for your own. smiley

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by Rejoice5000(f): 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
26. Are you a gay or a lez.very important.
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by blakky97(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
21 if I fell off tomorrow, would you still love me?
22 if I didn't smell so good, would you still hug me?
23 if I was hit and I was hurt, would you be by my side?
24 when its time to put in work, will you be down to ride?

1 Like

Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
For wetin nah?:

U said it sis. Don't mind them jarem its actually amusing how childish and emotional their rants get when we read them.
#doff my gele for u
Re: 20 Questions To Ask Your Potential Spouse by mikechrisgeneral(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
I think my kind of question will be "do u think your income can support the both of us cos am tired of making money, I want to be a stay at home husband?"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Life Without A Boyfriend / Does Giving Your Girlfriend Money Means Showing Love? / Caption This Photo Of A Bride And Groom And Their Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.