Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! (3777 Views)

Africans We Need To Take Over Europe Before The Arabs Becos Europeans Are Too... / These Youths Slept; Only To Wake Up 180 Years Later. / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by DKJaleel: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2014
Cheers01:
Bros...posting links to facebook groups do not work.
Infact, many Africans are awake but are they willing to do something about it? When money and personal benefit come into play, many who are awake choose to do nothing.

brother, that is a group of awakened Africans willing to do something about the menace. We had to start somewhere and that i think is the best way to reach other awakened African minds to come together.
The campaign group is currently undergoing registration process with CAC, but the CAC is kinda making things difficult.
If you are willing, you can as well join the campaign..
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2014
birdman:

I have kept my sig for a while longer , as a subliminal preaching tool. I know that its like a seed - it will grow, and have effect smiley

As to Christianity being a culprit. The answer is yes, and no. The strongest lie is the one wrapped around truth. The reason weaponized Christianity is very effective at mind control is because the core of the lie is an actually valid experience. I'm not going to ask anyone to do any reading - simply observe some biblical themes: ratifying covenants by blood, sacrifice and substitute sacrifices, divination by the ephod etc are fundamentally African themes, and are for sure not caucasian in nature. To use a fundamentally African thought process against Africans, you simply have to change all the images (blond Jesus, God that looks like Zeus or Odin etc). Then add in a dose of fear by beating on eternal punishment. And here we are a few centuries down the line.

As an aside, I believe this is the reason Christianity is actually on the wane in western countries. Its not fundamentally their culture. It worked great when they were fighting tyrants, but with the unarguable prosperity they now have, they will likely be backsliding for a while ( I have no idea how long). On the other hand, Africans take to it (sometimes to a fault) because many of the themes (if you read the book without propaganda) actually reflect traditional African thought

To answer the OP directly, I think that looking at religion is tempting, but its not the way to go. I believe even if we went back to traditional religions, it wont change the messed up thinking we have on the continent. One attainable goal would be to elect one fearless, upright leader who can set processes in place long enough to raise a generation with a different mindset. I said fearless, because such a leader will have a target on his back constantly.

christianity is not African.

It is mostly Middle Eastern thought that has been added onto and finished by Romans and the West.

1 Like

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Cheers01: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2014
DK Jaleel:

brother, that is a group of awakened Africans willing to do something about the menace. We had to start somewhere and that i think is the best way to reach other awakened African minds to come together.
The campaign group is currently undergoing registration process with CAC, but the CAC is kinda making things difficult.
If you are willing, you can as well join the campaign..

Wow.....do you know that the same thing happened to the humanist group?

The CAC rejected the humanist group's application.....many times without any sound reason!!
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2014
DK Jaleel: we need to silence them and reclaim our lands, our culture and traditions...

a nearby pentecostal minion would say you are possessed and need deliverance.
the problem is that the brainwashed are the majority. imagine a continent where even the rulers are in churches and mosques praying god to change things..if the rulers lack ingenious methodical ideas to effect changes, my question is how much can the illuminated minority accomplish? we still have a long way to go...
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by DKJaleel: 9:45am On Jan 10, 2014
O.T.I.S:

the problem is that the brainwashed are the majority. imagine a continent where even the rulers are in churches and mosques praying god to change things..if the rulers lack ingenious methodical ideas to effect changes, my question is how much can the illuminated minority accomplish? we still have a long way to go...
..that can be covered in no time by our steps and with our determination..

1 Like

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Cheers01: 9:46am On Jan 10, 2014
O.T.I.S:

There is also power in brains and unity.

If only the minority could unite and use their brain power.........
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Cheers01: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=18pt]christianity is not African. [/size]

It is mostly Middle Eastern thought that has been added onto and finished by Romans and the West.

You dont know how many times I have been shouting the same point repeatedly.... wink
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 10, 2014
birdman: One attainable goal would be to elect one fearless, upright leader who can set processes in place long enough to raise a generation with a different mindset. I said fearless, because such a leader will have a target on his back constantly.

unfortunately, the same masters that caged the mind of Africans would portray the fearless leaders as dictators in the eyes of the slaves, an African leader is a Dictator when he says no to the masters/west, he wants the best for his people, he is against the exploitation of our mineral resources, etc.
Moumar Al Gaddafi (R.I.P)
Ahmed Sekou Toure (R.I.P)
Haile Selassie (R.I.P)

meanwhile, we still have Robert Mugabe alive, but guess what? He is a dictator huh?.....pathetic..

4 Likes

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Cheers01: 10:01am On Jan 10, 2014
O.T.I.S:

unfortunately, the same masters that caged the mind of Africans would portray the fearless leaders as dictators in the eyes of the slaves, and they would ensure they bring the country's economy down to zero. an African leader is a Dictator when he says no to the masters/west, he wants the best for his people, he is against the exploitation of our mineral resources, etc.
Moumar Al Gaddafi (R.I.P)
Ahmed Sekou Toure (R.I.P)
Haile Selassie (R.I.P)

meanwhile, we still have Robert Mugabe alive, but guess what? He is a dictator huh?.....pathetic..

Mugabe and Ghaddafi were animals. I agree that they didnt bow to the west but that does not make them heroes.

They were corrupt megalomaniacs.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 10, 2014
Cheers01:

Mugabe and Ghaddafi were animals. I agree that they didnt bow to the west but that does not make them heroes.

They were corrupt megalomaniacs.

exactly what am talking about, what else do you know about Libya and Rhodesia/Zimbabwe? except the garbage western media feed you.
Mugabe and Gaddafi stand out as leaders unafraid to do what is best for their country, unpacking 'the machinations of western nations through their(western nation) self-serving economic principles and policies'.......

Sir, this is a topic for another day, i just responded to birdman's suggestion for fearless leaders. let's not derail this interesting thread.
Thanks.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Cheers01: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2014
O.T.I.S:

exactly what am talking about, what else do you know about Libya and Rhodesia/Zimbabwe? except the garbage western media feed you.
Mugabe and Gaddafi stand out as leaders unafraid to do what is best for their country, unpacking 'the machinations of western nations through their(western nation) self-serving economic principles and policies'.......

Sir, this is a topic for another day, i just responded to birdman's suggestion for fearless leaders. let's not derail this interesting thread.
Thanks.

The day will come when I will challenge you on Mugabe and Gaddafi.

As for Birdman's suggestions, I quite agree with him
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by birdman(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

christianity is not African.

yes it is. and there is verifiiable, scholarly proof, not just your opinion. but i wont derail this thread...im sure there will be other opportunities for such in the future
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
birdman:

yes it is. and there is verifiiable, scholarly proof, not just your opinion. but i wont derail this thread...im sure there will be other opportunities for such in the future

No it is not. christianity was developed by a jewish traitor in the Middle East.

just because some early converts were Alexandria Egyptians and Amhara Ethiopiians, it doesnt make christianity African.

It is still a middle-eastern concept. Ethiopia and Egypt were both Pagan lands.

1 Like

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Blaming Christianity or religion for Africa's current situation misses the point. It is quite interesting to see the way many of you make your arguments as you castigate Christianity. You aim to point out all the atrocities committed in the name of the Christian God (none of which I will deny) yet you conveniently ignore the good it has done to your very lives. The very fact that most of you can read and write, you owe to the churches that built the schools. The very fact that we have hospitals in Nigeria, you owe to the churches that built them. Even the best schools in the world, (i.e., Harvard, Yale, etc.) - were built by Christians. The gateway to knowledge that you have, you owe to the spread of Christianity. Not only Christianity to be honest, but to Islam as well, who built schools in what is now Mali, Ghana, and other places in Northern Africa. I won't belabor this point since I know it will mostly like derail this thread, but if you are sincere in your heart, you will think about it. You might also want to read up on the history of Europe and the impact of Christianity in every aspect of its society.

The real issue that concerns all of us, whether we are of faith or not, is how will Africa progress. The finger we should be pointing should be directed at ourselves. As one Kenyan ambassador stated, "the Europeans instituted their structure, but it has been US who failed to change it". I read many of you talking about casting off the white man's religion or the Arab's religion and so on but your very thoughts and arguments reflect western ideology. The solutions many of you are proposing are inspired by western thinking. So therefore what really are you setting yourself free from? In fact, many of you are hostile to religion because that is the current trend in the western world. If anyone here is serious about seeing Africa progress then you must first define who an African is? What are his values? What is his way of life? How does he see the world?

Africa's problem is both from outside and from within. Simply stated, a part of our problem owes to the fact that our skin is black. There is a natural prejudice against us for it and as a result makes us most hated among men. That we cannot do anything about. The internal things are the things we must do something about. Things such as: our inability to unite, our lack of vision, our love for copying others rather than being ourselves, our self hatred, our cowardice.

I look at Nigeria and all I see is the influence of foreigners. There seems to be nothing Nigerian about Nigeria except the food, the clothes, and the poverty. The economic and social power is in the hand of foreigners. The music is foreign, the stories are foreign, the thought is foreign. In bringing the gospel to Africa, one of the mistakes made was trying to tie it to westernization but the gospel stands apart from it. You can be a believer and still be African. The gospel of Christ does not compel you to become a capitalist, or a communist, democratic, etc. Most of you see it is a whole package when it isn't. If you are serious about Africa progressing, let us look at ourselves, let us know ourselves, and let us do things for ourselves. If you an atheist, I am not so bitter or blind that I cannot work with you to build the country. What about you?
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
^So buy your logic, you can r.ape someone and then give them money as compensation to redeem yourself?
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
^So buy your logic, you can r.ape someone and then give them money as compensation to redeem yourself?

I don't think I made any statements along those lines.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

I don't think I made any statements along those lines.

you did not, but that is what you implied.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

you did not, but that is what you implied.

How so?
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

How so?

You are justifying foreign imperialism, slavery and the imposition of foreign ideology upon our people (the r.ape) by the trifles they threw at us (western schools, public offices, etc. (the compensation) .

We never asked for it. If this is a bargain, then we would never have opted for it.

Contentment and Peace is of much more importance than temporary satisfaction.

After all they did for us, do you think Nigerians are happy?
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

You are justifying foreign imperialism, slavery and the imposition of foreign ideology upon our people (the r.ape) by the trifles they threw at us (western schools, public offices, etc. (the compensation) .

We never asked for it. If this is a bargain, then we would never have opted for it.

Contentment and Peace is of much more importance than temporary satisfaction.

After all they did for us, do you think Nigerians are happy?

I think you misunderstood me. I am not justifying it, I am simply stating the reality. Also, I wouldn't call education, a unifying language, public education, etc. trifles. Knowledge is power as I'm sure you know.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

I think you misunderstood me. I am not justifying it, I am simply stating the reality. Also, I wouldn't call education, a unifying language, public education, etc. trifles. Knowledge is power as I'm sure you know.

KNowledge can be destructive.

Look around you and you will know what I mean. .

I stated the reality too.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

KNowledge can be destructive.

Look around you and you will know what I mean. .

I stated the reality too.

Of course knowledge can be destructive. The same knowledge that is used to power cities in the western world is also the same knowledge that can be used to completely destroy the world. I'm speaking of course about Nuclear technology.

And that is precisely the point. Everything about man has the potential for good and evil. Usually though, evil wins out. That's probably a discussion for another thread.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by macof(m): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

Schools?? You think my ancestors didn't go to Traditional schools? You think my ancestors didn't know how to count to 1thousand? You think my ancestors didn't learn biology and pharmacy the traditional way? You think my ancestors couldn't write until Christians came? You think my ancestors didn't know anything before missionaries came in?

For your information, All the things you mentioned are benefits of being colonized by a better organized nation- The British were nothing before they gained experience from Rome.
Sadly As benefits come so do demerits and Christianity is one of those demerits which we must cut off

3 Likes

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
^On point. let us not forget that Mathematics , Science, etc, all have roots in the Ancient Pagan schools of Rome, Alexandria, India, etc.

I think it is all about implementation and how to use it.

The way the christian brits implemented it is not right. It is condemnable.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
macof:

Schools?? You think my ancestors didn't go to Traditional schools? You think my ancestors didn't know how to count to 1thousand? You think my ancestors didn't learn biology and pharmacy the traditional way? You think my ancestors couldn't write until Christians came? You think my ancestors didn't know anything before missionaries came in?

For your information, All the things you mentioned are benefits of being colonized by a better organized nation- The British were nothing before they gained experience from Rome.
Sadly As benefits come so do demerits and Christianity is one of those demerits which we must cut off

If we could write, where are our texts? More importantly, why then is the writing of our language romanized? Meaning, we use the same alphabets that originated from Rome.

Also, if you are talking about our ancestors having knowledge of spiritual things, knowledge of herbs and medicines, etc. That is true. But if you are talking about institutions of formal education/formal training (except those of artisans), then you are mistaken.

It is interesting that you mention Rome and its influence on Britain. I think you will find that much as been written about the effects of Christianity on Rome and its subsequent effects in civilizing the barbarian races (i.e. Britain, the scandinavian nations, etc). I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on. It's information that is readily available.

You can't get rid of the gospel but even if you could, it wouldn't solve Africa's problems.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

It is interesting that you mention Rome and its influence on Britain. I think you will find that much as been written about the effects of Christianity on Rome and its subsequent effects in civilizing the barbarian races (i.e. Britain, the scandinavian nations, etc). I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on. It's information that is readily available.

As though Rome was not civilized before christianity.

As though Rome did not spend loads on Education, Universities, Architeture, etc.

And it is wrong to call the Saxons as barbarians. Thats the same way the whites called us Africans barbarians.

The Saxons were able to migrate from mainland Europe by sea and conquer Aengland single-handedly despirte being persecuted by hordes of other tribes.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
^On point. let us not forget that Mathematics , Science, etc, all have roots in the Ancient Pagan schools of Rome, Alexandria, India, etc.

I think it is all about implementation and how to use it.

The way the christian brits implemented it is not right. It is condemnable.

You're making a completely different argument. No one is saying Christians invented Mathematics or Science. Even before Rome, Egyptians and Babylonians have been doing mathematics and science. That is not the point being discussed here. In fact you are proving the point I stated earlier. Did religious belief stop the Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, or Roman civilizations from progressing economically or scientifically? No it didn't. So therefore, we Africans have to look at ourselves as the source of why we are not progressing.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

As though Rome was not civilized before christianity.

As though Rome did not spend loads on Education, Universities, Architeture, etc.

And it is wrong to call the Saxons as barbarians. Thats the same way the whites called us Africans barbarians.

The Saxons were able to migrate from mainland Europe by sea and conquer Aengland single-handedly despirte being persecuted by hordes of other tribes.

My using of the term "barbarian" was to accurately convey the perspective of that time. I of course would not refer to any body as a barbarian.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Horus(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
The African masses must rebel against the lies and ignorance created by the European which keep the minds of African people imprisoned and their spiritual strength weak. To make it plainer, the only rebellion the African masses can win at this time is a mental revolution, which will put the African masses in mental power. Then they will have the power to do anything else that may be necessary for complete liberation and well being.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
Horus: The African masses must rebel against the lies and ignorance created by the European which keep the minds of African people imprisoned and their spiritual strength weak. To make it plainer, the only rebellion the African masses can win at this time is a mental revolution, which will put the African masses in mental power. Then they will have the power to do anything else that may be necessary for complete liberation and well being.

Can you be more specific? I'm not trying to be funny. This is a very good thread discussion.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hmmm ...Africa seems too far gone into the sea of hopelessness though we must not lose all hope .

Imagine how poverty and the irrational fear of hell fire has kept most youth in eternal bondage to their churches &pastors; imagine boko -haram youth killing people all because of an imaginary heaven! Worst of all the political elite are totally selfish and think nothing of posterity . Where then lies the salvation of Africa ?
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Oduduwaboy: Where then lies the salvation of Africa ?

In the Gods that we have forsaken.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(Tweets)Earthquake Rocking Nepal, And Christians Are Selling Christ / Flashback: Has COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo Forgotten About Dunsin Oyekan? / Did Paul Invent Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.