Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! (3776 Views)

Africans We Need To Take Over Europe Before The Arabs Becos Europeans Are Too... / These Youths Slept; Only To Wake Up 180 Years Later. / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by DKJaleel: 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

If we could write, where are our texts? More importantly, why then is the writing of our language romanized? Meaning, we use the same alphabets that originated from Rome.

Also, if you are talking about our ancestors having knowledge of spiritual things, knowledge of herbs and medicines, etc. That is true. But if you are talking about institutions of formal education/formal training (except those of artisans), then you are mistaken.

It is interesting that you mention Rome and its influence on Britain. I think you will find that much as been written about the effects of Christianity on Rome and its subsequent effects in civilizing the barbarian races (i.e. Britain, the scandinavian nations, etc). I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on. It's information that is readily available.

You can't get rid of the gospel but even if you could, it wouldn't solve Africa's problems.

the gospel and its other non-philosophical counterpart i believe is the main chain that's pegging us down as humans and as a race, simply cos it suppresses the true African in us.
I believe we can rid it, if we are determined to, and it will go a long way in solving more than three-quarters of our problems. It will open up our senses of logic and reasoning, at least for a start, enabling us to understand ourselves and our roles better and not feeling inferior to any race.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by DKJaleel: 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

In the Gods that we have forsaken.
Absolutely!!

1 Like

Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by macof(m): 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

If we could write, where are our texts? More importantly, why then is the writing of our language romanized? Meaning, we use the same alphabets that originated from Rome.

Also, if you are talking about our ancestors having knowledge of spiritual things, knowledge of herbs and medicines, etc. That is true. But if you are talking about institutions of formal education/formal training (except those of artisans), then you are mistaken.

It is interesting that you mention Rome and its influence on Britain. I think you will find that much as been written about the effects of Christianity on Rome and its subsequent effects in civilizing the barbarian races (i.e. Britain, the scandinavian nations, etc). I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on. It's information that is readily available.

You can't get rid of the gospel but even if you could, it wouldn't solve Africa's problems.

The first records of Yoruba having the need to write was by the influence of Arabs who were big trade partners in the 15th century. In fact the Portuguese got to know about West Africa through the Arabs.

You should also know now that the Latiums never actually had alphabets except using the Greek, The Romans developed the alphabets from Egypt- African

What is formal education? Education is Education. even if taught by your father or uncle in your clan quarters

Barbarian races you say? Barbarians who had superb architecture, strong weapons and well developed life style at least for the Scandinavians
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by macof(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
NativeBoy:

You're making a completely different argument. No one is saying Christians invented Mathematics or Science. Even before Rome, Egyptians and Babylonians have been doing mathematics and science. That is not the point being discussed here. In fact you are proving the point I stated earlier. Did religious belief stop the Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, or Roman civilizations from progressing economically or scientifically? No it didn't. So therefore, we Africans have to look at ourselves as the source of why we are not progressing.

And what happened to these civilizations immediately they accepted foreign religion and Foreign Ideology of 'the right way to live'?
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
macof:

The first records of Yoruba having the need to write was by the influence of Arabs who were big trade partners in the 15th century. In fact the Portuguese got to know about West Africa through the Arabs.

You should also know now that the Latiums never actually had alphabets except using the Greek, The Romans developed the alphabets from Egypt- African

What is formal education? Education is Education. even if taught by your father or uncle in your clan quarters

Barbarian races you say? Barbarians who had superb architecture, strong weapons and well developed life style at least for the Scandinavians

You didn't answer my question and I suspect it is because you cannot find any evidence of we as Nigerians having a written language.

Roman's didn't develop their language from Egypt. The written language that permeated through to Greece and then to Rome was based on the Phoenician written language. Phoenicians are Mediterranean not African. Yes the Egyptians had the hieroglyphics and the Sumerians had cuneiform but other African peoples didn't have a written language.

None of this though is what this thread is about so we shouldn't waste time arguing about it.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
macof:

And what happened to these civilizations immediately they accepted foreign religion and Foreign Ideology of 'the right way to live'?

Which societies and foreign ideologies are you referring to?
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by NativeBoy: 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
DK Jaleel:

the gospel and its other non-philosophical counterpart i believe is the main chain that's pegging us down as humans and as a race, simply cos it suppresses the true African in us.
I believe we can rid it, if we are determined to, and it will go a long way in solving more than three-quarters of our problems. It will open up our senses of logic and reasoning, at least for a start, enabling us to understand ourselves and our roles better and not feeling inferior to any race.

Please provide specifics to your argument. I don't see where the gospel tells you to not use logic or reasoning. It is not because of religion that the black people feel inferior wherever we go. Our feelings of inferiority are not only to whites, what about Asians? Have we accomplished what they have? Is it because of religion? After all, they didn't bring their religion to us.
Re: Africans, We Need To Wake Up!! by musicwriter(m): 12:13am On Apr 27, 2016
DKJaleel:
To re-cap:
We need to:
1. Give back the white man and Arabs back their gods and so called holy books- Those have been the strongest tools of brainwashing and mental/physical slavery ever!!
2. We need to Stand up and Unite! Return to our Unity as African kingdoms and not nations and countries!
3. We need to start owning out resources, land, businesses, EVERYTHING!!!

AFRICA. AFRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WAKE UP! FREE YOUR MIND AND ARISE!!!!!!!!
READ AND SHARE!!!
- Teekay Akin

Neither of the above is the solution.

And this reminds me of the time I read the book ''how Europe underdeveloped Africa''. The writer, towards the end of the book was wondering the one thing we need do to break away from western control. It was awkward to me because I expected such a well versed man to have a good answer to that. That's by the way.

The worst attack on Africa by the colonialists was the destruction of our natural languages, which then destroyed our original system of knowledge acquisition- Education.

Why?.

Language is like a seed. Within a seed contains all what the seed needs to become a tree. If you plant a seed it would grow and have every other thing it needs. It would have stem, branch, leaves, roots, fruits, e.t.c. That's how language is!!.

If you destroy a seed, you've also inadvertently destroyed a tree!. You've destroyed stems, branches, barks, leaves, roots, fruits, e.t.c.

Therefore, if you destroy a language you've destroyed everything about those who own the language!!. If you destroy the language of a people, you'll also destroy their culture, religion, ideals, heritage, history, point of view, tradition, e.t.c, e.t.c.

That's exactly what the slave masters and colonialists did. They made sure they destroy our languages by banning it while putting their languages as our official language and forcing us to acquire knowledge with it. Acquiring knowledge in their language was the second worst disaster. Because, that means we can no longer challenge their views as over time we have grown to become ''educated fools''. That's why they literally told us they're saints and we believed it!.

Adolf Hitler said ''let me control the textbooks and I'll control the mind of the nation''.

What we need do is uproot the brainwashing education we inherited from Britain and France and return to learning in our natural languages- Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Efik, Ibibio, Tiv, Ijaw, Zulu, Zona, Swahili, Nupe, e.t.c, e.t.c. Each African tribe should return back to studyng in their native languages.

Africa cannot develop until we return to speaking and writing in our native languages in school. We must be masters of our various languages by using them in schools to acquire knowledge. It would naturally lead us back to ourselves over time. Religion that the writer blamed for our backwardness is just like a branch of tree, not the seed, not even the root. Because, knowledge about the bible and koran was acquired via brainwashing western education!. Worshiping of foreign gods is just one of the hundreds of symptoms of what's wrong with the African mind. So, why cutting the branches?. Why not uproot the brainwashing education itself?.

It's such a pity we no longer remember what we have today is not true education but an indoctrination fed us by the British and French.

Why even blame religion?. Is religion the principal way white people control Africa?. Of course, not!.

White people control us in all areas.!. White people also control YOU African Atheists or Pagans.

If you studied Chemistry in school, it's white man's point of view about Chemistry. If you studied Biology, it's white man's thoughts about Biology. If you studied Economics, it's white man's knowledge of Economics. If you studied Geography, it's white man's model of Geography. e.t.c, e.t.c. So, no matter what you studied in school as an African, it's always white man's point of view about that branch of knowledge.

So, stop hiding your head in sand like the Ostrich. Remove the plank in your eyes before removing the speck in your brother's eye.

The intellectual superiority white people exert over us is so big that a white man boasted to me recently saying
" Everything around you. Your career, weather engineering, Social Sciences, Arts, Medicine, Your Car, House, Clothes, phone. Everything, I mean everything is a product of white man's Ingenuity".

Your most intelligent black professor is a product of white man's education. All the theories and Formulas he will encounter as a student were all developed by a white man. So please, what can you do without us?.

He had the audacity to say such to me because he understands we're being fooled with what they fed us as education during colonialism. He understands that knowledge is only knowledge, if they say so. He understands they create knowledge and that all we can do in Africa is copy and paste. Yet, the saddest part is that while white people understands the damage and how western education mess up our minds, but the so called educated Africans don't!.

Until African nations re-invent education and eschew from what Fela Anikulapokuti called ''follow follow'' we'll remain in this situation of looking up to white people as a standard for knowledge creation.

You all must swallow your prides and drop your egos, then, come to the realization the supposed education you have is no better than the white man's religion. Your education is also a product of the white man's deceit, therefore, you're also as brainwashed as any bible or koran believing African. A reason the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Muhammad II, said ''every African is a victim of colonialism''. We all has been fooled!!.

In fact, Lord Kwame Nkrumah, the father of African independence, after schooling in three US universities and earning lots of degrees, came back to Africa with all his degrees and he shed tears saying ''western education is a fraud''. He feared that education in Africa would create what Bob Marley called ''educated fools''.

I've researched the problem with education in Africa and I know exactly what the problem is. In order for Africa to be COMPLETELY free, in order for Africa to develop we must create a model of education that’s grounded in African philosophy, ideals, point of view, history, culture, e.t.c. A model of education without colonial hangovers. The same model of education the Japanese have used to acquire knowledge to build technological wonders and went to the moon without western influence. I’m talking about a model of education that will work for Africa!.

Join me let's re-invent education in Africa.

For details see this link http://www.africason.com/2015/10/intellectual-slavery-most-dangerous.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? / Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? / Third Secret Of Fatima..why Is The Catholic Church Keeping Silent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.