Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? (2604 Views)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Lets not be too fast Vicky, someone said

The bolded is what I am dealing with now. From what you've answered, not minding who the queen is, is the bolded right?
I guess so
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I guess so

I do not understand. Please clarify me.

Acidiosis said that Queen of Heaven is an abomination.

Me and You agreed that scripture said that God placed His Son on a throne in Heaven, and on the Son's right hand stood the Queen.

Now I ask "Is he right to say that Queen of Heaven, who stood at the right hand of God's Son in Heaven, is an abomination"?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

I do not understand. Please clarify me.

Acidiosis said that Queen of Heaven is an abomination.

Me and You agreed that scripture said that God placed His Son on a throne in Heaven, and on the Son's right hand stood the Queen.

Now I ask "Is he right to say that Queen of Heaven, who stood at the right hand of God's Son in Heaven, is an abomination"?

Because there's a queen in heaven doesn't make her The Queen of Heaven
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nsonso: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:
1) Mary was, & is ever holy.
a) Lev.11:44-45,"I am d Lord ur God; concencrate urselfs & b holy, because I am holy...I am d Lord who brought u up out of Egypt to b ur God; d4 b holy , because I am holy.
b)Lev.22:16,"...I am d Lord who makes dem holy".
c) 1Pet. 1:15-16,"But jst as he who called u is holy, so b holy in all u do; for it is written: 'Be holy because i am holy.'
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Because there's a queen in heaven doesn't make her The Queen of Heaven

Vicky, O yeah?

The Queen in England is not the Queen of England? Now the Queen of England, becomes an abomination to the Queen in England.

Really Vicky, think it through again.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nsonso: 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
Vicky0:
Praying dt God will help us & giving us a humble heart, lets look at d import of Ps.45:6-9. But b4 i proceed,d Holy Spirit guiding us, i ask u: do u believe Ps.45 was a prophecy about Jesus(His Kingship) & what will later b?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Vicky, O yeah?

The Queen in England is not the Queen of England? Now the Queen of England, becomes an abomination to the Queen in England.

Really Vicky, think it through again.
The Bible never said there is a Queen of Heaven
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nso-nso:
Vicky0:
Praying dt God will help us & giving us a humble heart, lets look at d import of Ps.45:6-9. But b4 i proceed,d Holy Spirit guiding us, i ask u: do u believe Ps.45 was a prophecy about Jesus(His Kingship) & what will later b?
I'm not too sure. I believe that this marriage isn't the same as the marriage supper of the Lamb so the prophecy was probably an analogy.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
The Bible never said there is a Queen of Heaven

O yeah? Where did you now get that it is an abomination?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

O yeah? Where did you now get that it is an abomination?
I never said it was
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I never said it was

I asked you if this was right?

Acidosis: 'Mother' is not a title, 'Mother of God' & 'The Queen of Heaven' are forbiden and abominable titles..

And you said:

vickyO:
I guess so
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Lets not be too fast Vicky, someone said

The bolded is what I am dealing with now. From what you've answered, not minding who the queen is, is the bolded right?
I said I guess so. Well, now, i'm changing my mind to no.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I said I guess so. Well, now, i'm changing my mind to no.

God bless you vicky. "By their fruits, ye shall know them", for they will be truthful and "The truth shall set you free"
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

God bless you vicky. "By their fruits, ye shall know them", for they will be truthful and "The truth shall set you free"
God bless you too
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

And I said I guess so the claim that she is the Queen of heaven not to the abomination claim.
So I am changing my mind to -no, she isn't the Queen of Heaven
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Which fruit? so it's a crime to change one's mind. I am saying no now.
what's your point? State it and let's move forward.

Haba Sis, I was already blessing you for saying the truth. haba
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
And I said I guess so the claim that she is the Queen of heaven not to the abomination claim.
So I am changing my mind to -no, she isn't the Queen of Heaven

There seem to be a misunderstanding, and that was why I earlier asked for clarification.

Again. Is the Queen of Heaven an abomination? Yes or No
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Haba Sis, I was already blessing you for saying the truth. haba
shocked Sorry, abeg, no ve sadx. Don't mind my funny ways.... My apologies.
I thought you were criticizing me for changing my mind.....
Sorry once again for that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

There seem to be a misunderstanding, and that was why I earlier asked for an clarification.

Again. Is the Queen of Heaven an abomination? Yes or No
I never made that claim, I don't know if it or not.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
Did the bible say it is an abomination?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan: Did the bible say it is an abomination?
The Bible never said anything about the Queen of Heaven... It didn't mention it.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
The Bible never said anything about the Queen of Heaven... It didn't mention it.

Ok. For you, The bible showed that there is a Queen in Heaven, but did not show that there is a Queen of Heaven.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by POPEII: 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
syncan stop wasting your time, she's dishonest and stuck up . See how she keeps contradicting herself, they don't come here to learn and change too bad for them
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
POPE II: syncan stop wasting your time, she's dishonest and stuck up . See how she keeps contradicting herself, they don't come here to learn and change too bad for them

Dear bro, please calm down, Its not easy changing from a preconceived idea, frankly speaking, my discuss with Vicky has really been interesting to me, I beg to disagree with her being dishonest and stuck up, as a matter of fact she apologized nicely when she seemingly offended me. Yes, yes she may not say what you'll wish to hear, but I understand her and only demand that she forgets all she knows about catholicism and give the particular things we talk about a good thought.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Just for you Vicky, If there is a Queen in Heaven, then she is the true Queen of heaven simple. Any Idol with the title King of Heaven, cannot take away the fact that our God is the true King of Heaven. Even in our dialects, some titles we give God are what our ancestors call their gods at the earlier times, before Christianity.

You are afraid of Queen of Heaven..., read the below from a "Christian".

"Yahweh is not the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14:33), but what translators have done to Yahweh’s name is enough to make most peoples’ heads spin! Think about it! They took out His name (Yahweh), replaced it with a title (the LORD), then took the name of a false idol (God) and inserted that name as a title for Yahweh, but most people in our society commonly regard that title as actually being His name, because they know the title that has been substituted for His name (the LORD) is clearly just that: a title! Is your head spinning yet? When most people read the words “the LORD God” in their Bibles, they perceive “the LORD” as being simply a title, not recognizing it as being a substitution of His name, and the word "God" to them represents His name, even though “God” is rendered as a translation of the Hebrew title “Elohim.” To make their cover-up complete, the translators removed all evidence of there having been a heathen deity named “God.” The result: Millions of people today sincerely, yet wrongly, believe our Creator’s name is “God.” Confusion abounds"!
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by POPEII: 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Dear bro, please calm down, Its not easy changing from a preconceived idea, frankly speaking, my discuss with Vicky has really been interesting to me, I beg to disagree with her being dishonest and stuck up, as a matter of fact she apologized nicely when she seemingly offended me. Yes, yes she may not say what you'll wish to hear, but I understand her and only demand that she forgets all she knows about catholicism and give the particular things we talk about a good thought.
okay .
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
POPE II: okay .

Broda meeee! grin
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
POPE II: syncan stop wasting your time, she's dishonest and stuck up . See how she keeps contradicting herself, they don't come here to learn and change too bad for them
I am dishonest and stuck up, seriously? You're just an accuser of brethren and I know peeps like you. You spit demeaning words out of your mouth without remorse and you claim to be Christian. You accuse overly and that isn't a good trait especially for a Christian.
Mention where I contradicted myself. This thread is not for us per se, it's for you all to defend your beliefs, and that's why I am conversing with Syncan. I've had insightful discussions with Syncan because he is the opposite of you... Just be less aggressive, it'll do you good. Health wise and mentally.
And please don't insult me again. I've been keeping my cool with you. We are Christians, lets act accordingly.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan: Just for you Vicky, If there is a Queen in Heaven, then she is the true Queen of heaven simple. Any Idol with the title King of Heaven, cannot take away the fact that our God is the true King of Heaven. Even in our dialects, some titles we give God are what our ancestors call their gods at the earlier times, before Christianity.

"Yahweh is not the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14:33), but what translators have done to Yahweh’s name is enough to make most peoples’ heads spin! Think about it! They took out His name (Yahweh), replaced it with a title (the LORD), then took the name of a false idol (God) and inserted that name as a title for Yahweh, but most people in our society commonly regard that title as actually being His name, because they know the title that has been substituted for His name (the LORD) is clearly just that: a title! Is your head spinning yet? When most people read the words “the LORD God” in their Bibles, they perceive “the LORD” as being simply a title, not recognizing it as being a substitution of His name, and the word "God" to them represents His name, even though “God” is rendered as a translation of the Hebrew title “Elohim.” To make their cover-up complete, the translators removed all evidence of there having been a heathen deity named “God.” The result: Millions of people today sincerely, yet wrongly, believe our Creator’s name is “God.” Confusion abounds"!
Ok but what you quoted doesn't relate to the discussion at hand. I'm not afraid, why should I fear something I don't believe. Lets just go straight to the point. You guys believe Mary is the Queen of Heaven. The Bible never said such.
Read the book of Revelations as I said earlier, there you'll see how the marriage supper of the Lamb will take place. This prophecy, Psalms 45 is just a prophetic analogy
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by SalC: 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan: Just for you Vicky, If there is a Queen in Heaven, then she is the true Queen of heaven simple. Any Idol with the title King of Heaven, cannot take away the fact that our God is the true King of Heaven. Even in our dialects, some titles we give God are what our ancestors call their gods at the earlier times, before Christianity.

*Sighs*
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by POPEII: 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Irrational mind, you're back again. I've had insightful discussions with Syncan because he is the opposite of you... Just be less aggressive, it'll do you good. Health wise and mentally.
Shut up , you think I don't know you guys work together underground? This is why when you are short of arguments or when the truth is staring at you , you disappear for you to appear later with another strawman argument and nonsensical pseudo logic . I'm allergic to Mumu I can't help
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by POPEII: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I am dishonest and stuck up, seriously? You're just an accuser of brethren and I know peeps like you. You spit demeaning words out of your mouth without remorse and you claim to be Christian. You accuse overly and that isn't a good trait especially for a Christian.
Mention where I contradicted myself. This thread is not for us per se, it's for you all to defend your beliefs, and that's why I am conversing with Syncan. I've had insightful discussions with Syncan because he is the opposite of you... Just be less aggressive, it'll do you good. Health wise and mentally.
And please don't insult me again. I've been keeping my cool with you. We are Christians, lets act accordingly.
Okay you are blind and confused, hopefully my brother syncan will bring you out of the darkness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Must Read ! These Quotes And 7 Facts Are Proof Of God's Existence / Man, Know Thyself / US Army List Evangelical Christianity, Catholicism As Religious Terrorist Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.