Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? (2603 Views)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by POPEII: 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Broda meeee! grin
I'm actually sorry for my outburst, it was actually uncalled for, besides there's no such thing as wasting time during evangelization.so sorry again and keep preaching to her , we can only hope that you will help her see the truth with the grace of God.
B blessed and keep the good job .you are actually on duty grin grin
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
POPE II:
Okay you are blind and confused, hopefully my brother syncan will bring you out of the darkness
I'm blinded and confused cheesy cheesy cheesy
You amuse me a lot..... Darkness is alien to me bro.
And the darkness surrounding you is as thick as curtains. Why are you barking without restraint? Open your eyes of understanding. You don't even know what we are currently talking about and all you do is spew insults. Your reasoning state is one that needs urgent attention.
Acting like an educated agbero...... simple manners, you lack, you lack good communication skills, and most of all you lack knowledge.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Ok but what you quoted doesn't relate to the discussion at hand. I'm not afraid, why should I fear something I don't believe. Lets just go straight to the point. You guys believe Mary is the Queen of Heaven. The Bible never said such.
Read the book of Revelations as I said earlier, there you'll see how the marriage supper of the Lamb will take place. This prophecy, Psalms 45 is just a prophetic analogy

Please vicky, don't say what you are not sure of. Its just for you to be on a safe side.

1.I have shown you with the book of Hebrews1:8 that the prophecy in psalm 45 is real. I do not understand your Prophetic analogy.
2.The prophecy in Psalm 45 is an enthronement and not a wedding
3. Jesus was enthroned as King by His Father in Psalm 45 and Heb 1
4. There is a queen that stood at Jesus right hand.
5.Psalm 45:17 "I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever", has a striking familiarity with "For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed". LK1:48
6. Mary gave birth to Jesus
7. Rev 12 says A woman gave birth to the child, "...and her child (Jesus) was caught up unto God, and to his throne". This Woman was wearing a crown, then She is a Queen. The sign appeared in Heaven. Only one Woman gave birth to Jesus, Her name is Mary.
8. You believe in the trinity, where is it in the bible?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
And the darkness surrounding you is as thick as curtains. Why are you barking without restraint? Open your eyes of understanding. You don't even know what we are currently talking about and all you do is spew insults. Your reasoning state is one that needs urgent attention.
Acting like an educated agbero...... simple manners, you lack, you lack good communication skills, and most of all you lack knowledge.

Calm down too Sis, Calm down please.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by POPEII: 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Acting like an educated agbero...... simple manners, you lack, you lack good communication skills, andyou most of all you lack knowledge.
say the one who can't post a comment without editing it countless times? Ma belle. Abeg I promised to stay cool , so I will let your brain diarrhea and uncouth attitude slide. angry
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nsonso: 12:28am On Nov 23, 2013
Vicky:
I want u to b sincere & humble as we approach dis matter holistically. Let me start by establishing dt Mother Mary is d Mother of Jesus Christ & our mother too.
a) Isaiah 7:14,'Therefore d Lord himself wil give u a sign: The virgin wil b wit child & wil giv birth to a son& wil cal him Immanuel.' Immanuel means God wit us.
b) Lk.1:31,"U wil b wit child & giv birth to a son & u ar to giv him d name Jesus."
c)Jn.19:26-27,"Wen Jesus saw his mother there & d discipl whom he loved standing near by he said to his mother,'Dear woman here is ur son,' & & to d disciple ,'Here is ur mother...."
d) Rev.12:5&17,"She gave birth to a son, a male child, who wil rule all d nations wit an iron scepter...Then d dragon was enraged at d woman & went off to make war against d rest of her offspring- those who obey God's commandment & hold to d testimony of Jesus." At d feet of d cross Jesus united us wit d mother dt she also bcoms our mother, & also at our spiritual rebirth i.e those who obey God & hold to d testimony of Jesus, we ar her offspring or descendants. So as long as u are saved by d blood i.e given ur life to Christ, virgin Mary is ur mother. Therefore d role she played at cana, Galile, now & ever she does, even greater. All generations shall call her blessd Lk1:48.
In Rev.12 d dragon couldnt get d first Child of Mother Mary i.e Jesus, he went after d rest of her offspring, u & i, unless u hv nt surrendered to Christ.
Now lets establish d kingship of Jesus case any is in doubt he is King. Here i will jst giv d quotations:
a) Isaiah.9:6-7
b) Lk.1:31-33 (c) Rev. 22:3&13. Now Christ is king both on earth & in heaven.
Now to d queeship of Mother Mary i.e Mary being d Queen of heaven. In Rev. 12 d description shows dat d woman(our mother Mary) was clothed wit d son, wit moon under her feet & a crown of twelve stars. Dear d presenc of a crown on d head of a woman & in dis case in heaven depicts what? Wel dat is not all. Are u not aware dt d mother of a king is a queen, hence, d Queen mother. Therefore Jesus being a king has made His mother, ur mother, my mother, a Queen, hence,Queen of heaven where her son rules & His kingdom has no end, thus, mother Mary is d Queen of heaven forever.
Little wonder angel Gabriel said in Luke 1:28 & 31, u ar highly favoured & u hv found favour wit God, respectively.
Dear why not accord to her her due honour? She is ever interceeding for u, for me & for all humanity. GLORY BE TO GOD.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2013
POPE II: say the one who can't post a comment without editing it countless times? Ma belle. Abeg I promised to stay cool , so I will let your brain diarrhea and uncouth attitude slide. angry

Pope II, pls let it go too, no more pls
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by automania: 9:01am On Nov 23, 2013
THE NEW JERUSALEM IS THE WIFE OF THE
LAMB (Revelation 21:9)
THE HOLY CHURCH IS THE NEW JERUSALEM
(Revelation 19:9)

Who is the lamb? = Jesus = the king in psalm 45
Who is the lamb's bride? = the church = the queen in psalm 45.

I hope this clears it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 9:12am On Nov 23, 2013
automania: THE NEW JERUSALEM IS THE WIFE OF THE
LAMB (Revelation 21:9)
THE HOLY CHURCH IS THE NEW JERUSALEM
(Revelation 19:9)

Who is the lamb? = Jesus = the king in psalm 45
Who is the lamb's bride? = the church = the queen in psalm 45.

I hope this clears it.

Pls note.

Rev12:1. The Queen (with a crown), was the one that gave birth to the Son of God....This is clear. The church did not give birth to Christ.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2013
Syncan:

Please vicky, don't say what you are not sure of. Its just for you to be on a safe side.

1.I have shown you with the book of Hebrews1:8 that the prophecy in psalm 45 is real. I do not understand your Prophetic analogy.
2.The prophecy in Psalm 45 is an enthronement and not a wedding
3. Jesus was enthroned as King by His Father in Psalm 45 and Heb 1
4. There is a queen that stood at Jesus right hand.
5.Psalm 45:17 "I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever", has a striking familiarity with "For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed". LK1:48
6. Mary gave birth to Jesus
7. Rev 12 says A woman gave birth to the child, "...and her child (Jesus) was caught up unto God, and to his throne". This Woman was wearing a crown, then She is a Queen. The sign appeared in Heaven. Only one Woman gave birth to Jesus, Her name is Mary.
8. You believe in the trinity, where is it in the bible?
Ok.
1)The Sun clothed woman is the nation Israel, not Mary and the Psalm 45 depicts a wedding setting, read it well which in no way relates to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

2)Trinity, read I John 5:7
"For there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost and these three are one".

3)Mary is Jesus' earthly mother. He came to the world as a man so he had to have an earthly mother. But He'd been existing before then, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God, He has no mother.
He returned to Heaven as God and God has no mother. If you claim she is still his mother, then she is the mother of the three God-heads cause they are one.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2013
POPE II: say the one who can't post a comment without editing it countless times? Ma belle. Abeg I promised to stay cool , so I will let your brain diarrhea and uncouth attitude slide. angry

Paranoid person.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
vickyO:
Ok.
1)The Sun clothed woman is the nation Israel, not Mary and the Psalm 45 depicts a wedding setting, read it well which in no way relates to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

2)Trinity, read I John 5:7
"For there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost and these three are one".

3)Mary is Jesus' earthly mother. He came to the world as a man so he had to have an earthly mother. But He'd been existing before then, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God, He has no mother.
He returned to Heaven as God and God has no mother. If you claim she is still his mother, then she is the mother of the three God-heads cause they are one.

1. The bolded is entirely your claim, not the bible. In Gen 3:15, God prophesied about this Woman and her enmity with the devil. In Rev 1 we see the war between the same Woman and the devil come to play. What God Promised in Gen, He showed its fulfillment in Revelation.

2.I still do not see the word "Trinity" in that passage you quoted. Meanwhile, "Trinity" is more than just what that passage says. Find out.

3. Mary is the mother of the "Word made flesh" she is the mother of Emmanuel "God with us", her son is called "Mighty God". In her womb, God dwell for Nine months. It is God's making, I will not deny her that. I do not claim anything. Her son is Jesus, It is still in the name of her son (Jesus) that every knee bows. Rev 12 has made it known that she who gave birth to the son taken to the throne of God, was crowned, at it is a sign that appeared in heaven, this is what I know.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
Syncan:

1. The bolded is entirely your claim, not the bible. In Gen 3:15, God prophesied about this Woman and her enmity with the devil. In Rev 1 we see the war between the same Woman and the devil come to play. What God Promised in Gen, He showed its fulfillment in Revelation.

2.I still do not see the word "Trinity" in that passage you quoted. Meanwhile, "Trinity" is more than just what that passage says. Find out.

3. Mary is the mother of the "Word made flesh" she is the mother of Emmanuel "God with us", her son is called "Mighty God". In her womb, God dwell for Nine months. It is God's making, I will not deny her that. I do not claim anything. Her son is Jesus, It is still in the name of her son (Jesus) that every knee bows. Rev 12 has made it known that she who gave birth to the son taken to the throne of God, was crowned, at it is a sign that appeared in heaven, this is what I know.
I am tired of going back and forth on this issue. I've made my points and you've made yours. Give the Holy Spirit a chance to teach. Pray for more light on this topic. I've done the best I can. And whatever decision you make, know that you'll be questioned at the end of the age.
@Pope II, you're quite annoying though and I guess I am to you. I was only airing my views on this topic but you failed to reason along with me, hence the insults. Anyway, I wish you the best in your decision (which is quite obvious). Sorry for the insults. wink
We are still Christians and we should love and care for each other despite doctrinal issues. And loving and caring also entails telling the truth without compromise.
Shalom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
vickyO:
I am tired of going back and forth on this issue. I've made my points and you've made yours. Give the Holy Spirit a chance to teach. Pray for more light on this topic. I've done the best I can. And whatever decision you make, know that you'll be questioned at the end of the age.
@Pope II, you're quite annoying though and I guess I am to you. I was only airing my views on this topic but you failed to reason along with me, hence the insults. Anyway, I wish you the best in your decision (which is quite obvious). Sorry for the insults. wink
We are still Christians and we should love and care for each other despite doctrinal issues. And loving and caring also entails telling the truth without compromise.
Shalom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the holy spirit only speaks through you
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
chukwudi44:

so the holy spirit only speaks through you
Of course not. I meant give the Holy Spirit a chance to teach. How? by praying for more light on this topic.
Sorry about that.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by woky: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
vickyO:
Of course not. I meant give the Holy Spirit a chance to teach. How? by praying for more light on this topic.
Sorry about that.
you take styl funny grin
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
vickyO:
Sorry about that.

You seriously think we catholics do not allow the holy spirit to teach us
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
chukwudi44:

You seriously think we catholics do not allow the holy spirit to teach us
Have you let him teach you on this issue? If yes, Good, if no, Ask.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 8:17am On Nov 26, 2013
vickyO:

Thanks vickyO for a good discuss, you heeded my suggestion and you got my view without rancor, we shall both give the Holy spirit a chance to teach. Here is my parting gift to you on the thread.

God made a prophetic statement (Gen 3:15) - "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel"

Jesus is the seed, his mother the woman (John2:4) - "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come". And again (John 19:26) "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!" He called her woman, not to disrespect, but to point us to scripture and identify the woman of the prophecy

John confirmed the mother is a Queen (Rev1:1) - "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:"

Now this Queen gave birth to the one taken to the throne:

(Rev 12:5)"And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne"

David and Paul had prophesied and revealed what happened next:

(Ps 45:7) - "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

(Heb 1:8 ) - "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom".

God bless you...and bless me too.cheesy
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 8:17am On Nov 26, 2013
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:53am On Nov 27, 2013
Interesting, this is how to make a discussion. There isn't agreement but both parties disagreed respectfully. Well done vicky good one syncan, pope take am easy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by frakdon(m): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
vickyO:
Of course they are.
God through His vessels
Admonishing us
Heaven
A Queen.

You too becareful,''''
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by frakdon(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Acidosis:

Yes, she was chosen.

But the same Mary was pregnant by the Holy spirit..

So why don't we call Holy spirit the FATHER of God?
am stii trying to figure out, hw u go jst wake up 1 morning, brush ur teeth then come here to beef a thing,church or a person, what does that make of u?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
How can you be the mother of your own Creator?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2013
ROSSIKE: How can you be the mother of your own Creator?

if d creator decide to come as man (which he did) then ofcuz he need a mother, he has to be carried for 9months, born and suckled for 2 months. Ofcuz d creator who came as man has a mother her name is mary.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Youngzedd(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: if d creator decide to come as man (which he did) then ofcuz he need a mother, he has to be carried for 9months, born and suckled for 2 months. Ofcuz d creator who came as man has a mother her name is mary.

Mind you that the other Trinity was in heaven when Jesus was with us here on earth.

The answer would have been perfect if the 3 trinities were born on earth like Master Jesus.

God created Mary and He can do to Mary anything that pleases him.

My God (Yeweh) does not have a mother.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Youngzedd:

Mind you that the other Trinity was in heaven when Jesus was with us here on earth.

The answer would have been perfect if the 3 trinities were born on earth like Master Jesus.

God created Mary and He can do to Mary anything that pleases him.

My God (Yeweh) does not have a mother.

Oh yeah? She is the mother of this God:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isiah 9:6 )

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God". (John 20:28 )

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom". (Hebrews 1:8 )

You may read up on your own, thank me later. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Shows Hillsongs Brian Houston Knew About Open Gays In Choir / £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! / If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.