Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) (26995 Views)

Is Transcorp Hotel IPO Worth Buying? Honest Opinion Pls / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? / Transcorp Po Finally Opens At 7.50! Opinions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:47am On Dec 04, 2013
timothy001: How about my other questions Above?

well when buying stocks people buy from IPOs (initial public offers) if you can remember 2006 -2007 was the crazy years of IPOs in nigeria......but since no IPO is out for now which i wont advice anyone to buy.......because buying IPOs is the way a poorly informed man trades stock.

The next way one can buy stocks is through OTC (over the counter) which is the best method for now depending on how quick your broker can get you the stocks you want.

So the only delay i can see here is how quick your broker can get you out and in which is relative to your brokers timing...If you meet a broker thats fast in doing business than you are lucky but a slower one hmmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Then the last factor is greed and fear.......if the stock is going up greed will get you a buyer so fast when you want to sell but if the stock is falling fear wont let a buyer touch it even with a long stick....... grin grin grin grin grin grin

so you have your questions answered sir
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks Sir,So that means I Cannot sale it until someone else want to buy?? What if it's takes 2 weeks to get a buyer and the stuck market has gone down by then.that means i lose right?

So assuming the Transcorp that went up last week Anyone who is not able to get a buyer cannot sell?
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 7:29am On Dec 04, 2013
timothy001: Thanks Sir,So that means I Cannot sale it until someone else want to buy?? What if it's takes 2 weeks to get a buyer and the stuck market has gone down by then.that means i lose right?

So assuming the Transcorp that went up last week Anyone who is not able to get a buyer cannot sell?

yes you cannot sell it until someone wants to buy.......if it takes forever to get a buyer thats when you can sell and at that forever prize.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

well for transcorp they will surely get buyers becos what they do is put a hot news on the news tab.....make it visible as much as possible........let it hit front pages of newspapers.....and greed will set in becos everyone loves a success story.....and like a magic wand people starts fight for the stock.....greed in play..... grin grin grin grin grin grin while they know the party is over and want to off load their huge quantities grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks for explaining...Dont think that's for me.
In USA. You can buy and sale online and request a check mailed over to your home address on file within 3business days.
Everything in Nigeria slow.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
timothy001: Thanks for explaining...Dont think that's for me.
In USA. You can buy and sale online and request a check mailed over to your home address on file within 3business days.
Everything in Nigeria slow.

dats y people like me are here to filter the hot news and show people like you what it really means.....hope you read tru all the post here wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by akpos4uall(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
def lover:

yes you cannot sell it until someone wants to buy.......if it takes forever to get a buyer thats when you can sell and at that forever prize.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks a lot for this info. Does it also mean that the volume to be sold should be the same as volume to be bought?
As for the Transcorp stuff, you've been right all along.

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:55am On Dec 05, 2013
akpos4uall:
Thanks a lot for this info. Does it also mean that the volume to be sold should be the same as volume to be bought?
As for the Transcorp stuff, you've been right all along.

nope it doesnot mean so.....you can sell all or any quantity you wish to sell sir
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Naijamericana: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
def lover:

nope it doesnot mean so.....you can sell all or any quantity you wish to sell sir

Are you a registered securities broker or financial analyst?
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naijamericana:
Are you a registered securities broker or financial analyst?

I am a retail investor, private fund manager and a financial analyst
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Naijamericana: 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
def lover:

I am a retail investor, private fund manager and a financial analyst

Are you based in Naija or America?
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naijamericana:
Are you based in Naija or America?

I am in nija at d moment.....08066482808
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Naijamericana: 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okay...I am based in NYC. Retail investor. I trade stock option credit spreads and futures contracts online. What's your experience with the average Nigerian investor, are they well informed? What do you think about "forex training" courses in Lagos?
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naijamericana: Okay...I am based in NYC. Retail investor. I trade stock option credit spreads and futures contracts online. What's your experience with the average Nigerian investor, are they well informed? What do you think about "forex training" courses in Lagos?
Have you heard of the Wolf of Wallstreet? What's your take on the story of you have.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naijamericana: Okay...I am based in NYC. Retail investor. I trade stock option credit spreads and futures contracts online. What's your experience with the average Nigerian investor, are they well informed? What do you think about "forex training" courses in Lagos?

I do forex too....well they are not informed...believe only the lies told to them by the stock brokers....
forex is very welcomed but you will need to package it well with proofs
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Naijamericana: 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
protegesol:
Have you heard of the Wolf of Wallstreet? What's your take on the story of you have.

I have not seen it yet, I am sure it's similar to the original Wall Street (Michael Douglas) movie...where he makes the infamous statement "Greed is Good."
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Naijamericana: 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
def lover:

I do forex too....well they are not informed...believe only the lies told to them by the stock brokers....
forex is very welcomed but you will need to package it well with proofs

What do you think about starting a hedge fund in naija? Is it feasible?
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naijamericana:
What do you think about starting a hedge fund in naija? Is it feasible?

it is.....private hedge or more of public....private is easy but public will need certification and regulation from SEC
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Naijamericana: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
Private hedge fund...? Interesting. We need to talk.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naijamericana: Private hedge fund...? Interesting. We need to talk.

ok call me 08066482808
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by youwininfo: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=14pt]yes great amount.

ps. get prepared to win youwin nigeria and TEEF enterpreneurship program grab your free guide. click here[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People / The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise / QUINTESSENTIAL INVESTMENT ( Enter Here If You Have As Little As 50k To Invest )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.