Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) (27021 Views)

Is Transcorp Hotel IPO Worth Buying? Honest Opinion Pls / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? / Transcorp Po Finally Opens At 7.50! Opinions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

you don start abi......person wey gal give d tin wey dey ask for hairs........wetin concern u with hairs grin grin grin grin grin
. Lol. Oboi e concern me oooo. E too long na
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
Agbaka1:
all dis gambling business na sin. hell fire callin na so forex be too. go into farming people. Abraham was a farmer making clean money. all these legal stealing from your neighbor for u to WIN will land u in hell. prove me wrong if am talking nonsense. work with ur hands and stop dis LAZY WAY OF MAKIN MONEY
its not gambling,I sed its like betting doesn't mean its gambling. In this case I work for my money and therefore use d money to invest and by investing it means my money is working for me and bringing me profit. Would u also say borrowing and collecting interest is gambling? Would u also say paying ur money into d bank and collecting interest is gambling or sin like u called it? Even in the bible,the master who gave his servants talents to use and work with and in return expected a profit and good use of the talent,is dat gambling? Plz be sure of Sumtin be4 u start labelling it bad or evil. God bless
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Agbaka1: 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave: its not gambling,I sed its like betting doesn't mean its gambling. In this case I work for my money and therefore use d money to invest and by investing it means my money is working for me and bringing me profit. Would u also say borrowing and collecting interest is gambling? Would u also say paying ur money into d bank and collecting interest is gambling or sin like u called it? Even in the bible,the master who gave his servants talents to use and work with and in return expected a profit and good use of the talent,is dat gambling? Plz be sure of Sumtin be4 u start labelling it bad or evil. God bless
when u fix your money on fixed deposit account to earn interest. dat money earned is stealing money. God never told us to put money on fix deposit. you are putting your trust on dat money. never think of what you will eat tomorrow for dat will be taken care of. JESUS WAS USING THAT TO CITE AN EXAMPLE OF HOW IS KINGDOM WILL BE. THE ONLY WAY THOSE WILL UNDERSTAND WAS TO USE THAT. YOU KNOW HOW D PHARISEES DEY REASON NA.
MY PREVIOUS POST/THIS GOES TO ALL NAIRALANDER
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by lancee(m): 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
Agbaka1:
when u fix your money on fixed deposit account to earn interest. dat money earned is stealing money. God never told us to put money on fix deposit. you are putting your trust on dat money. never think of what you will eat tomorrow for dat will be taken care of.

Lol ...Another interesting comment
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover: na devil go soda their yansh .........from dangote to indi okereke to all of dem......dey sold us a lie....i bought 68,000 unit for 512,000 naira at 7naira 50 kobo and it was quoted at 9naira seventy-one kobo but wat happened it nose dived to 50kobo even wen i wanted out they refuse to dematerialize till i was able to get out at 1naira 40 kobo now they are pumping it again to fool people so later they will dump it....dont be fooled....one thing they have is control....you as an investor dont have control over the shares.....i am now a skilled investor and i will neva touch nigerian stocks again.....if its not online trading i wont touch it angry angry angry angry angry

You are very right. These guys a smart and have the control like you said. But anything that elumelu controls comes out well.

I was a member of staff when he was there and blamed myself for buying the wrong stocks with a whooping 1.9m

A smart colleague of mine invested 3m in UBA stocks and after 9months he sold at 12m and moved to another bank.

I wish those days of making smart money will come bacl. I cant Bleep up again...
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
moshino:

Which "small, stuggling Nigerian commercial bank" did Tony Elumelu "acquire and build into UBA"? As I understand it, UBA was existing before Tony Elumelu was born, and Tony came from Standard Trust Bank, which UBA acquired while Hakeem Bello Osagie was MD at UBA. Tony Elumelu was among bank MDs that helped govt officials steal and launder Nigeria's commonwealth. Tony Elumelu was also involved in Massive money laundering scheme with UBA, New York, see this; http://saharareporters.com/interview/uba-new-york-branch-money-laundering-haven.
Tony Elumelu's brother, Ndudili Elumelu was the house of reps member involved in reaping off multi-billion naira of Nigeria's commonwealth. Have we all forgetten all these so soon, that we now hail Tony Elumelu as a genius!

My guy, for one to make money, there must be a story. Don't you want to join the rich? Stop all these. The point is to get the money and let others tell your story....

I wont say this again..
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
Agbaka1:
when u fix your money on fixed deposit account to earn interest. dat money earned is stealing money. God never told us to put money on fix deposit. you are putting your trust on dat money. never think of what you will eat tomorrow for dat will be taken care of. JESUS WAS USING THAT TO CITE AN EXAMPLE OF HOW IS KINGDOM WILL BE. THE ONLY WAY THOSE WILL UNDERSTAND WAS TO USE THAT. YOU KNOW HOW D PHARISEES DEY REASON NA.
God also didn't tell us to put our money in the bank. By the way the bible was telling us not to WORRY about tomorrow. There's a huge difference between PLANNING and WORRYING. Investment is not only done when it comes to companies,do you know when you take care of a child pay his fees and sponsor him truout his education till he can finally be on his own and repay u back by taking care of u at old age is investment? So because investing is wrong we shouldn't sponsor our children to a certain level? Think about this issue again,There's totally nuffin wrong in investing ones money or in ones future.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:53am On Nov 24, 2013
please dont derail this thread........... angry angry angry
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 24, 2013
def lover: please dont derail this thread........... angry angry angry
agree. And kolidave nice question there

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:18am On Nov 24, 2013
akpos4uall

plz i need to know the website you get your graph from .....as you did put transcorp here so i can use it to make analysis for people on my blog
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by straneur(m): 7:43am On Nov 24, 2013
def lover: akpos4uall

plz i need to know the website you get your graph from .....as you did put transcorp here so i can use it to make analysis for people on my blog

Bloomberg bro. base on your analysis I will like to add the fact that Transcorp share might be at a break-even point, considering the various investment and acquisition Tony is venturing into.

So even if investors want to sell it will be wise to wait, don't trade against the trend.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2013
http://wetindeyhappenforstockmarketself..com

i just posted a new topic on the blog .......please visit and see...i am beginning to write and slowly we will be discussing the hot stocks there but i want to prepare your minds and lead you to the place you want to be wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2013
straneur:

Bloomberg bro. base on your analysis I will like to add the fact that Transcorp share might be at a break-even point, considering the various investment and acquisition Tony is venturing into.

So even if investors want to sell it will be wise to wait, don't trade against the trend.

yes i went there but didnt see the chart the way he posted it......i want the real website or link ............look its not about if tony wants to poo or take a new wife.........lol

its about words and what they mean to you..........are you willing to take the risk to hold on and if it falls how long can you take this fall.....for me it will fall.......why do i say that.....the market is closing for the year............and we may need to revist that 2 naira resistance it broken out from to see if its a valid resistance turned support....thats how to trade sir wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 9:44am On Nov 24, 2013
Getting started in investing in the stock market is a tricky business skill one has to learn.The stock market is a market filled with good deals one can use to grow incomes.

For those of you who have being bitten and swore never to return i am really sorry but i think you will need to search yourself to know if truly you will love to stand aside while juicy deals knock on your door and walk away.

For the newbies you may want to learn this things but where will you source this rare information.Our parents did have some loose funds while we were growing up but most of them only knew two things either to build a house in the village so that they too like their fathers will be known to have achieved a rare deed or the beat they knew of was the option the bank gave them, which is fixed deposit.

We as the new offspring of this poor men have come to see that the advice they gave to us from their ant infested wisdom really does not work in this world of information overload.

The first thing the stock market gives us is leverage.When you have a job the leverage you have is 1:1 meaning that as long as you can work you get paid.The day you call in sick or retire is the day your leverage goes back to zero, but with the stock market your leverage increase to 1:2 or more depending on your ability to use your financial IQ.

Now the real deal about investing is not the money you have, neither is it the hot news you have about a new stock or business that's hitting the news tabs but your ability to understand investment terms/words.

The words you hear them speak to you need to be made you.The Holy book said and the word became flesh ( John 1:1). How often we drive our fancy car to a brokers office to hand over our funds to a stranger because we assume he knows much more better because he spoke words that we did not allow to become flesh in us.

We look at the fancy ties, the sexy looking girls placed in the office to greet you as you walk into their company.The articulate speech they have been trained to use.

Investing is not for sissy but for people who will go all out to find words and what they truly mean to them.Its a world of the unknown where the poor can be made super rich and the rich super poor by just one simple phrase " And the word became flesh and dwelled among them."

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by akpos4uall(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
def lover:

yes i went there but didnt see the chart the way he posted it......i want the real website or link ............look its not about if tony wants to poo or take a new wife.........lol

Yes its through Bloomberg but I got those charts from the app on my blackberry. I'm sure the Bloomberg app is on other platforms as well.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
akpos4uall:

Yes its through Bloomberg but I got those charts from the app on my blackberry. I'm sure the Bloomberg app is on other platforms as well.

i see so na for only bb e dey be like dat.....ok if we need to discuss any stock u go be chart provider..........lol
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by akpos4uall(m): 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
def lover:

i see so na for only bb e dey be like dat.....ok if we need to discuss any stock u go be chart provider..........lol

No o, its also available on other platforms www.bloomberg.com/mobile/bloomberg/
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by saintneo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
[size=18pt]This article is having a negative effect this stock on the NSE.[/size]
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
saintneo: [size=18pt]This article is having a negative effect this stock on the NSE.[/size]
I totally agree with you
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by jamace(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
saintneo: [size=18pt]This article is having a negative effect this stock on the NSE.[/size]

Bros, na true o. grin grin TRANSCORP shares now falling like London Bridge. grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
hehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin transcorp baby i knew you were a trick..........dumb money are now trapped.....smart money cashing in........lol tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2013

so my humble article on transcorp is pulling the baby down..............hehehe a good hail mary pass wink wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
lets see hw fast it will hit my 2naira target and maybe break lower grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .............fear and greed playing out......dumb people are buying (greed).........becos they heard the news.........smart people are selling becos the party is over (fear) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
def lover: lets see hw fast it will hit my 2naira target and maybe break lower grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .............fear and greed playing out......dumb people are buying (greed).........becos they heard the news.........smart people are selling becos the party is over (fear) grin grin grin grin grin
gbam!!!!! By nextweek!!! Hahahaha!!!! Sold mine already,.... And that's investment for u!!!! I love this game
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: gbam!!!!! By nextweek!!! Hahahaha!!!! Sold mine already,.... And that's investment for u!!!! I love this game

so u follow my analysis sell am.......hw much u sell am wen u sell wink wink wink wink tongue tongue tongue smart ass
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
def lover:

so u follow my analysis sell am.......hw much u sell am wen u sell wink wink wink wink tongue tongue tongue smart ass
na so naw 5.87

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:47am On Nov 27, 2013
well today make we see how transcorp go fall more grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 8:35am On Nov 27, 2013
def lover: well today make we see how transcorp go fall more grin grin grin grin
e don enter 5.05 ooooo
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2013
kolidave: e don enter 5.05 ooooo

na late comers jor.....e go fall angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
transcorp now 4naira 34 kobo and 3rd straight days among top losers.....................Tony is really smart.......sucking them in grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
def lover: transcorp now 4naira 34 kobo and 3rd straight days among top losers.....................Tony is really smart.......sucking them in grin grin grin grin grin
wowww this is bad for most people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! / Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.