Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,911 members, 7,952,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) (27231 Views)

Is Transcorp Hotel IPO Worth Buying? Honest Opinion Pls / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? / Transcorp Po Finally Opens At 7.50! Opinions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
MAITEMA:

Me a paid agent? I can’t stop laughing. You have no idea what I have been through. I got wiped out of millions of Naira on Oceanic Bank (peanuts given as Ecobank shares) and lost all on Bank PHB. [b]When you invest and lose learn to take your loss and not come crying in a public forum like a baby. If Transcorp was selling for N100 today would you come and tell us how much you are worth?

I never bought Transcorp anyway because I didn’t see potential from the onset, but now with the Power Sector contract, I bet there is light at the end of the tunnel. The power sector looks like the next Telecoms sector.[/b]

i am so so ashamed to hear dis from a man who says he is an investor.....i am crying ....did you just say dat......look we have knowledge dats key....if i say it was only transcorp i dey lie....i lost millions mate.....but we need to help newbies filter all news flash and dont let dem fall prey to lies they sell to the public.....i gave u an assignment to do....u didnt explain it....did i lie hear or share valid information.....i thought places like dis is to help each other to make informed investment.....

u may say dey have power contracts....but hw much will dey borrow to complete it.....how much of their assets is at stake.....power is not like telecoms.....telecome u can do in a small room and broadcast and u dont need distribution to take it to d end user.....power u can do also in a small room but even ur small i beta pass my neighbor generator u need wire to carry the power it produces to ur house.....so power may improve but trust me its a great investment pool these companies will find it hard to pull the funds to do wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by bigass(f): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
i bought 80000 units at 7.5 with 600k. it went down. i stayed till 0.50k i bought 2million units with 1million Naira my total shares when to 2080000units in Transcorp. i sold all at btw 1.80-1.95Naira in 2011. i got 3.8million. with 1.6million investment. i entered at back at 1.40k,bought 3million units. i am yet to sell them. Chritsmas will be good.
Tony May the good lord bless you for this bump and dump according to my enlightened Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
bigass: i bought 80000 units at 7.5 with 600k. it went down. i stayed till 0.50k i bought 2million units with 1million Naira my total shares when to 2080000units in Transcorp. i sold all at btw 1.80-1.95Naira in 2011. i got 3.8million. i entered at back at 1.40k,bought 3million units. i am yet to sell them. Chritsmas will be good.

my sister u did well cos u hard some other money u used to buy.....alot of people used their last card.....i wont call dis lucky cos everyone knows dat 50 kobo is the level any stock can reach even wen its wit C.A.C.......

u went back in to cover ur loss its called hedging.....
i salute u for ur boldness and sound financial knowledge but truth me.....people committed suicide .....turned drunks and broken homes happened.....i lost my former life....no movies....no staying in the pubs....no vacations.....no plane flights....no weekend getaways.....no random gals sampling.....lol grin grin grin grin the bes t part

but all in all i am here.....love to meet a female investor .....dey are sexy wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by MAITEMA(m): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
bigass: i bought 80000 units at 7.5 with 600k. it went down. i stayed till 0.50k i bought 2million units with 1million Naira my total shares when to 2080000units in Transcorp. i sold all at btw 1.80-1.95Naira in 2011. i got 3.8million. with 1.1million investment. i entered at back at 1.40k,bought 3million units. i am yet to sell them. Chritsmas will be good.
Tony May the good lord bless you for this bump and dump according to my enlightened Nairalanders

You've got yourself a fortune then. With the privatisation of the Power sector and the company now a major player, the sky is your limit. I wish I had an inkling of what was in the offing, I would have bought at least 1million units when it was trading at 50kobo. Another missed opportunity.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
MAITEMA:

You've got yourself a fortune then. With the privatisation of the Power sector and the company now a major player, the sky is your limit. I wish I had an inkling of what was in the offing, I would have bought at least 1million units when it was trading at 50kobo. Another missed opportunity.

now dis is wat i want to hear u say.....not dat one is crying but how to make sound investment .........we d seasoned once should help newbies filter news flash and let them know wat dey are going into.......
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

now dis is wat i want to hear u say.....not dat one is crying but how to make sound investment .........we d seasoned once should help newbies filter news flash and let them know wat dey are going into.......
hi did you check my post? Pls consider it.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by blogexpert12(m): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
i think i hv 2 strt investing.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover: dont be fooled my people in investing its called pump and dump.........its a legal way to steal your money.....they take it up and later cash in once your money is in and re-buy it again wen it has dropped ............one question u should ask is wat is transcorp offering apart from d transcorp hiton hotel wey i dey spend my money too on wen i go there....they have no investment ....dey tell u dey are into agriculture, real estate, oil and gas dat dey have lost d oil blocks wen yaradua became president..........so tell me wat are dey into other than to manipulate stocks.....when you understand the game u will see clear......wats the P.E ratio of the stock....let me let u knw dat P.E ration mins d debt:equity of a stock .......meaning how much do they owe d bank and how much asset do they have.....wateva it is if its above 2 it means it will take u 2yrs to double ur money......i am smarter in this game even if i have lost a fortune......i tell u cos i dont want any of u to go tru wat i went tru...... sad sad sad angry angry angry

Nawa for you o! Did you even read the article, didn't you see where it said they acquired a power plant due to privatisation by FG.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
hisblud: hi did you check my post? Pls consider it.

oh my you dont say.....alot of people have asked me to start a blog ......i dont knw wat to do.....i fear if people will be interested in what i write....i am not the conventional writer but wow i think i will start a blog .......but will people follow me.. cry cry cry cry..i dont know....people are more concerned about sports,weather, fashion trend... cry cry cry cry..will they like to know where their money goes.. undecided undecided undecided undecided....hmmmmm right now i have an audition for monday on the knoor taste quest.... grin grin grin grin grin.....yes i cook so well....and i am preparing for it....

but if you all wat me to write.........who am i to say no.....so i will open a blog but u will help me to show me the ropes on how to start one ok

if you do then i will write all you want to know about grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by alexvatt(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Elliotwiz1: The rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer.
emmanuel ewumi:

Do not say what you are not sure of.
do u do any online trading now? Pls tell me so that i can join.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
Promhize:

Nawa for you o! Did you even read the article, didn't you see where it said they acquired a power plant due to privatisation by FG.

guy i read it.....its not about wat they have..its about sound financial statements.....P.E ratio.....political stability......any court cases for or against them......we are not here to fight but help you see tru the smoke screen .....privatization does mean sheet until you see distribution.....dont be sentimental.......GSM is not power sector sir
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

another cheap lie you were sold......stocks is not for long term its for cash flow......as long as its not bringing in cash flow den its trash angry angry angry angry

Bro seriously stop ranting, sorry for ur loss tho.
How can you say stock is not for longterm, no wonder you lost money.

Even the US you are shouting about people have lost millions on sure stocks (haven't u heard about the dotcom era, google it).

Stop misleading people.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by henrimoto(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

my sister u did well cos u hard some other money u used to buy.....alot of people used their last card.....i wont call dis lucky cos everyone knows dat 50 kobo is the level any stock can reach even wen its wit C.A.C.......

u went back in to cover ur loss its called hedging.....
i salute u for ur boldness and sound financial knowledge but truth me.....people committed suicide .....turned drunks and broken homes happened.....i lost my former life....no movies....no staying in the pubs....no vacations.....no plane flights....no weekend getaways.....no random gals sampling.....lol grin grin grin grin the bes t part

but all in all i am here.....love to meet a female investor .....dey are sexy wink wink wink wink
hohohohohoho.....eeoohh!
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Promhize:

Bro seriously stop ranting, sorry for ur loss tho.
How can you say stock is not for longterm, no wonder you lost money.

Even the US you are shouting about people have lost millions on sure stocks (haven't u heard about the dotcom era, google it).

Stop misleading people.

in bizness and investing its all about cashflow.....the term long term is relative to ones definition.....wat u call long term to me maybe one week ....one month....1hr .....5mins.....it all depends on the cashflow i want to see....the issue here is words and how u define ur words.....to me long term now mins 5mins or even 1hr.....wat matters is cashflow.....is it making me money.....there is a saying in wall street....show me the money....not how long you hold a stock....besides i have being screaming control.....if u know how to define ur words u will know wat control means.....if u want to stay for ever which is gambling how will u knw wat next will happen by February next year when the next US govt short down will occur.......you think it doesnt affect us....my brother it does.....Dow jones is the main primary market and all other markets are the secondary markets.....once the Dow jones sneezes the effect is felt all over the world.....so if you must invest u must kwon how to define investing terms like LONG TERM....Short term.....flipping......hedging ........stop loss.....P.E ratio.....

all profession has a language .....d more you know them the better you will be able to invest better wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
MAITEMA:

You lack investment and entrepreneurial gutsy. You panicked and sold your Transcorp shares at N1.50k as a result of (paper) loss. Investors are not supposed to panic especially when shares go below purchase price, when you do, your loss actually crystallises. It is paper loss when you still hold your shares in view of future appreciation. This is exactly what happened in this case.

Anyway, Transcorp has skyrocketed and is not even available in the market for purchase. This is a result of the Power contract they got from PHCN privatisation by the Federal Government. They have bought the Ughelli power plant and there is now huge potential for profitability for the company in the coming years.

Learn from your mistakes and don't rant like a clueless toddler.

Don't mind the guy and he's calling himself an investor.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by henrimoto(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
bigass: i bought 80000 units at 7.5 with 600k. it went down. i stayed till 0.50k i bought 2million units with 1million Naira my total shares when to 2080000units in Transcorp. i sold all at btw 1.80-1.95Naira in 2011. i got 3.8million. with 1.6million investment. i entered at back at 1.40k,bought 3million units. i am yet to sell them. Chritsmas will be good.
anty mi,big-assi. mo ba yin yor o. eku ori re o. but.... they said "a stich in time saves nine" you no what to do naw.. A bush-meat at hand is better than ten in the bush....lolzzz. congatulatio nu. once more. anty bigass !
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

in bizness and investing its all about cashflow.....the term long term is relative to ones definition.....wat u call long term to me maybe one week ....one month....1hr .....5mins.....it all depends on the cashflow i want to see....the issue here is words and how u define ur words.....to me long term now mins 5mins or even 1hr.....wat matters is cashflow.....is it making me money.....there is a saying in wall street....show me the money....not how long you hold a stock....besides i have being screaming control.....if u know how to define ur words u will know wat control means.....if u want to stay for ever which is gambling how will u knw wat next will happen by February next year when the next US govt short down will occur.......you think it doesnt affect us....my brother it does.....Dow jones is the main primary market and all other markets are the secondary markets.....once the Dow jones sneezes the effect is felt all over the world.....so if you must invest u must kwon how to define investing terms like LONG TERM....Short term.....flipping......hedging ........stop loss.....P.E ratio.....

all profession has a language .....d more you know them the better you will be able to invest better wink wink wink wink wink wink

Goodluck with your investment, I can see where it has gotten you to.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Promhize:

Don't mind the guy and he's calling himself an investor.

really i see people forsake sound knowledge...........its well
Promhize:

Goodluck with your investment, I can see where it has gotten you to.

really.....i smh for u.....i only explained things to u.....besides i dont do stocks anymore cos there really no control over my money......i only explained investment terms and all you can see is where it got me to....anyway its ur money.....do as u wish but for any1 stock market is not a get rich quick scheme .....know the right investment words they sell to you......its where dey trick u to part with ur money.....if u knw d right words and wat it means to u....only then can you be in the smart money
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

oh my you dont say.....alot of people have asked me to start a blog ......i dont knw wat to do.....i fear if people will be interested in what i write....i am not the conventional writer but wow i think i will start a blog .......but will people follow me.. cry cry cry cry..i dont know....people are more concerned about sports,weather, fashion trend... cry cry cry cry..will they like to know where their money goes.. undecided undecided undecided undecided....hmmmmm right now i have an audition for monday on the knoor taste quest.... grin grin grin grin grin.....yes i cook so well....and i am preparing for it....

but if you all wat me to write.........who am i to say no.....so i will open a blog but u will help me to show me the ropes on how to start one ok

if you do then i will write all you want to know about grin grin grin grin
will be glad to learn, the issue of forex too will be also welcome. You see you could do it wit the nigerian background and wit that am sure you would have a lot of followership
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by akpos4uall(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
crackhaus: I think those figures may just have been hyper-inflated. I mean come on, over $120m appreciation in less than one month?
One has to see the sheets to be certain, not that they will show anyone.

Regardless though , Tony Elumelu has always been a shrewd business man.

Check this out. As far as the value of the shares be right now, no be lie o

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by lancee(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Now ..5.89k
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
lancee: Now ..5.89k
wowww!!!! Really?!!!!!!!! This is good!!! Ma money grows like grass!!!! Happy me!!! Time to strategize wen to sell...
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by miky(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
am sure most nairalanders who get a million would only think of leaving for europe or america!!
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
akpos4uall:

Check this out. As far as the value of the shares be right now, no be lie o

i see the chart sir.....5naira....cool but tell me can you also show from that graph if its not over bought or hitting a resistance point......you all see the numbers but dont see the hidden numbers.......its not abotu a stock going up or down its wats the new information one can see now....for some its time to cash in.....for some its time to enter ......but wats important is cashflow
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
hisblud: will be glad to learn, the issue of forex too will be also welcome. You see you could do it wit the nigerian background and wit that am sure you would have a lot of followership

ok hit me up...08066482808 lets talk

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
kolidave: wowww!!!! Really?!!!!!!!! This is good!!! Ma money grows like grass!!!! Happy me!!! Time to strategize wen to sell...

now this is wat i call an investor......he is looking for wen to sell......which is cashflow.......so wen people want to buy he wants to cash in and maybe wait for a little dip b4 he enters again.....so to him....long term is a few months ....not 20yrs as they will have you beleive

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Youngzedd(m): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2013

Some that are poor, wants to be.

They think like mugus.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
miky: am sure most nairalanders who get a million would only think of leaving for europe or america!!

not every1 is a kid sir......dats y we talk here on tins like dis so u will knw wat to do if u have d money tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
hisblud: hi did you check my post? Pls consider it.

Dude, if you want to go into investment go and read books on investment, use google, their are a lot of materials available.

read Benjamin Graham's investment anlysis and intelligent investor, don't let someone teach you nonsense. Benjamin Graham was Warren Buffet's teacher so go read his books.

Don't let someone here tell you nonsense because he lost money, there's no sure/certain profitable investments you can only learn, make calculated risks and reduce your chances of loosing money.

I can assure you that guy will lead you nowhere, I told you today, he did not even learn one of the most basic things in investing "when a share is at its lowest it can only go up". This guy invests with his heart, emotions not everyone can be an investor, Warren buffet did make his billions in the nonsense this guy is talking about.

Investing is not about knowing charts and tables, if so, economists would be the richest people on earth. Great economists have lost millions of dollars in US not just theirs but even other peoples money.

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Promhize:

Dude, if you want to go into investment go and read books on investment, use google, their are a lot of materials available.

read Benjamin Graham's investment anlysis and intelligent investor, don't let someone teach you nonsense. Benjamin Graham was Warren Buffet's teacher so go read his books.

Don't let someone here tell you nonsense because he lost money, there's no sure/certain profitable investments you can only learn, make calculated risks and reduce your chances of loosing money.

I can assure you that guy will lead you nowhere, I told you today.

anyway i am not here to fight nor argue wit ur style .......maybe my terms are not the ones you knw..........cos investing is a language.....i made mistakes will investing and i am proud to show it....show me an investor who hasnt lost and i will show u a liar.....he asked for my help...i said ok....i wont lead him no where ....maybe but i am certain he will learn the ropes b4 he puts a dollar in ur Cinderella stock called transcorp.....investing is more about words than money

besides all he seeks is mentorship........give him one if u can...not take him to books dat may confuse him more

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by lancee(m): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
kolidave: wowww!!!! Really?!!!!!!!! This is good!!! Ma money grows like grass!!!! Happy me!!! Time to strategize wen to sell...

Good for you , not ready to sell now .. some investors I know are just picking it up at this price 5.89k .. The stockbroker couldn't meet up with their orders
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
lancee:

Good for you , not ready to sell now .. some investors I know are just picking it up at this price 5.89k .. The stockbroker couldn't meet up with their orders

In as much this is some good information for buyers ...........the problem with nigerian stocks is that all we do is mostly fundamental analysis but no technical analysis to aid us make sound judgement.....we dont know when a stock hits resistance zone or not........market sentiments may be good for buyers but people like tony may want to cash in so they can buy at a lower low

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) / Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.