Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) (26996 Views)

Is Transcorp Hotel IPO Worth Buying? Honest Opinion Pls / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? / Transcorp Po Finally Opens At 7.50! Opinions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by henrimoto(m): 10:35am On Nov 23, 2013
deenee: Herd mentality at work again. Meanwhile smart investors like Tony and Co probably snatched up Transcorp shares when it was trading at 50kobo. (I have about 10million units of transcorp all bought when it was trading at 50 kobo). Funny thing though is that a lot of people actually saw this coming but were not quick to act. I can recall that it has been in the news for at least a year that Transcorp and Forte Oil were amongst the preferred bidders for some of the PHCN assets. Transcorp is also a strategic partnership Hilton Worldwide to build about five hotels around the country. Total outstanding shares available for sale is about 40billion. This frenzy was actually started by foreign investors who sat on the fence all through the privatization process and are rushing to take early positions in some of this coys at all cost given the successful completion of phase one of the privatization process.

Currently the share is trading within the over bought region and over priced but I guess we can never tell how far man's greed and avarice can take him so therefore people will continue to demand for transcorp shares no matter the cost.

Well I have started off loading my own shares in tranches to take an early profit.

My best advice is this: the best way to make quick money in the Nigeria stock market is to BET against it (buy when everyone is selling and sell when every one is buying)
hmmnn! stories that touch.stories that are good to learn from. congratulations bro.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by debeey87(m): 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
deenee: Herd mentality at work again. Meanwhile smart investors like Tony and Co probably snatched up Transcorp shares when it was trading at 50kobo. (I have about 10million units of transcorp all bought when it was trading at 50 kobo). Funny thing though is that a lot of people actually saw this coming but were not quick to act. I can recall that it has been in the news for at least a year that Transcorp and Forte Oil were amongst the preferred bidders for some of the PHCN assets. Transcorp is also a strategic partnership Hilton Worldwide to build about five hotels around the country. Total outstanding shares available for sale is about 40billion. This frenzy was actually started by foreign investors who sat on the fence all through the privatization process and are rushing to take early positions in some of this coys at all cost given the successful completion of phase one of the privatization process.

Currently the share is trading within the over bought region and over priced but I guess we can never tell how far man's greed and avarice can take him so therefore people will continue to demand for transcorp shares no matter the cost.

Well I have started off loading my own shares in tranches to take an early profit.

My best advice is this: the best way to make quick money in the Nigeria stock market is to BET against it (buy when everyone is selling and sell when every one is buying)

Right on the money bro and thats what Buffet Advise, Buy when others are selling and sell when they are buying. Am still greedy with transcorp but I hope its worth it.
Did same for Oando cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2013

[b]Currently the share is trading within the over bought region and over priced [/b]but I guess we can never tell how far man's greed and avarice can take him so therefore people will continue to demand for transcorp shares no matter the cost.

like i said we are not discussing if how he made it.......but the technicalities of how he made it......you used over bought/over priced region here which i have alighted ........ tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

how many people with their money know this language of investors........making good calls in the market is nothing............even a monkey if trained can buy and sell a stock........
please lets celebrate wins but do not think everyone is like you.......people are lost to words like this becos dey cant tell in their heads wat you mean by over bought and over priced.........like we say in trading......a good surfer knows how to wait for his own wave to come...... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

if dey know the things you know then they can make sound decisions wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Bizibi(m): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

guy leave dat tin.........didnt obj sell refinery to transcorp way back b4 he left office......didnt transcorp have oil blocks.....wat did yaradua do wen he came in......sell all u can .....once power change hand greed of the new powers dat be will take it back.....nija is not ready for political stability.........i didnt say i was good pre-2008 i said i was a newbie.......well if you guys want lies for the new Cinderella transcorp be my guess ..... tongue tongue tongue honestly
speak as i have known.........thanks for all the calls coming in from nija and USA telling me i am wonderful .......at least i am telling people the truth wink wink wink wink wink wink
. How can one invest in any company in Nigeria or is the stock market filled with loose ends
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
Bizibi: . How can one invest in any company in Nigeria or is the stock market filled with loose ends

well the market is not abt losses only but what i am hitting on is knowledge of the stocks and technicalities around it.....you can start with wateva u have but wat matters is ur understanding of words for investing......call me if u need to ......i will help u start off but trust me it is a new way of life and be ready to learn .....08066482808
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by akpos4uall(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
Please don't get me wrong. I only showed that chart to explain why Tony must have gotten such according to the OP. It doesn't mean anyone that joins the train right now is on the right one. Like some have pointed out, this may not be the right time to buy but rather, its time to sell. But you can only sell if you've been there all this while. I should have shown this other chart as well. I'll love the guru's in the house to explain those figures for newbies like me.

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
my sweet Jesus.......this stock is being pumped.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked..buyers beware... shocked shocked shocked..lets take a look from the numbers i see.....high is 5.89 naira.... wink wink wink wink..from a low of 0.802 kobo..... wink wink wink wink.kool......now the real deal......market cap: meaning how much money has pushed this stock up 227.29 billion naira..... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.....volume traded......324217696 units.......now this is some heavy pumping....... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked return on investment ROI .......540.75%.....even a monkey knows the home run is over........

now why i see a good fall soon......P/E 141.892

remember i said P/E ratio means debt/equity ratio showing that this company is into a lot of debt that its assets cant hold........and why is this becos it bought into the power sector which is capital intensive.....

will it go up again ......my answer is yes its possible cos of greed dat will suck in dumb money from newbies or brokers who just want a piece of the action but will it go down very possible cos tony and co will cash in soon since dey have made a kill....and investors who knows it may fall and due to fear will begin to offload it.......

meaning fear and greed moves the market not supply and demand grin grin grin grin grin grin

my take is dont buy it.......it will steady go down to its original market prize........around 2 naira which is the bullish break out point?/ resistance 1 or R1..... then its safe to buy and define what you mean by long term which may mean 1 week or 1 month depending on your style of investing

my 2 cents

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
Now will i ever buy transcorp.......yes some day but not today......why ? i will wait for dem to invest more in the power sector.....soak up all the debts dey can soak.......let the P:E ratio drain dem......i.e take d stock lower......then wen i knw its time for them to start taking in some cashflow from the consumers.....i will enter......and gradually milk my pre 2007 money back with new profits grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink

this is how to trade this stock wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by lancee(m): 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
[quote author=def lover]my sweet Jesus.......this stock is being pumped.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked..buyers beware... shocked shocked shocked..lets take a look from the numbers i see.....high is 5.89 naira.... wink wink wink wink..from a low of 0.802 kobo..... wink wink wink wink.kool......now the real deal......market cap: meaning how much money has pushed this stock up 227.29 billion naira..... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.....volume traded......324217696 units.......now this is some heavy pumping....... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked return on investment ROI .......540.75%.....even a monkey knows the home run is over........

now why i see a good fall soon......P/E 141.892

remember i said P/E ratio means debt/equity ratio showing that this company is into a lot of debt that its assets cant hold........and why is this becos it bought into the power sector which is capital intensive.....

will it go up again ......my answer is yes its possible cos of greed dat will suck in dumb money from newbies or brokers who just want a piece of the action but will it go down very possible cos tony and co will cash in soon since dey have made a kill...........

my take is dont buy it.......it will steady go down to its original market prize........around 2 naira which is the bullish break out point?/ resistance 1 or R1..... then its safe to buy and define what you mean by long term which may mean 1 week or 1 month depending on your style of investing

my 2 cents[/quote

Lol .... INTRESTING
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
lancee i tell you this topic is getting interesting......all my skills as an investor is coming out.................newbies learn all u can.....dis is real life investing 101 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by lancee(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover: lancee i tell you this topic is getting interesting......all my skills as an investor is coming out.................newbies learn all u can.....dis is real life investing 101 grin grin grin grin grin

yeah , ur idea is well appreciated , that is why we have forum like this
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
lancee:

yeah , ur idea is well appreciated , that is why we have forum like this

thanks sir.......i had to learn all dis on my back not even on my knees.......i miss my old life i tell u......fancy dinners in transcorp hilton hotel......sheraton.....royal collection tours and visiting the queen's mews ........visiting stately homes Clarence house, chvik house, syon house and having to club even on sundays back then.......having weekend getaways ...... grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy movies.....shopping......wine tasting............damn back den i dey do like oyinbo...........lol grin grin grin grin money good...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

now i don humble..............lol investing na bastard if you knw knw the ropes......dem go give u fine gal wey go dey wine u to drop ya money grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by lancee(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

thanks sir.......i had to learn all dis on my back not even on my knees.......i miss my old life i tell u......fancy dinners in transcorp hilton hotel......sheraton.....royal collection tours and visiting the queen's mews ........visiting stately homes Clarence house, chvik house, syon house and having to club even on sundays back then.......having weekend getaways ...... grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy movies.....shopping......wine tasting............damn back den i dey do like oyinbo...........lol grin grin grin grin money good...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

now i don humble..............lol investing na bastard if you knw knw the ropes......dem go give u fine gal wey go dey wine u to drop ya money grin grin grin grin grin

yesoo , money GOOD
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
^ hi see analysis. Abeg try for we learners in this stock scenario. Em abeg, not to digress the issue of stock. This looks some how like a ponzy wonder bank stuff, invest early and withdraw early so that those that invest late loose when it crash?
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
hisblud: ^ hi see analysis. Abeg try for we learners in this stock scenario. Em abeg, not to digress the issue of stock. This looks some how like a ponzy wonder bank stuff, invest early and withdraw early so that those that invest late loose when it crash?

my brother investing is not for everyone......trust me what i show here u will likely never get this simple explanation anywhere..... i have broken it down to a lame man's view of it......the remaining is like the poem A ROAD LESS TRAVELED by Frost .......is it sumtin u want to try.....its not for the sissy but trust me wen u understand it like dis u begin to knw dat all investing is yes a Ponzy scheme but how you make money from it depends on the words you know and how you define it to mean to you wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
hisblud: ^ hi see analysis. Abeg try for we learners in this stock scenario. Em abeg, not to digress the issue of stock. This looks some how like a ponzy wonder bank stuff, invest early and withdraw early so that those that invest late loose when it crash?
yeah sumfin like that... Its mostly about risk tho. Thanks to those late investors some people make their money. Its like betting,while some are gaining most are loosing.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave: yeah sumfin like that... Its mostly about risk tho. Thanks to those late investors some people make their money. Its like betting,while some are gaining most are loosing.

well very correct its like betting.....but the only way to win is to have informed analysis not some crap they feed you so you quickly sell your house to join the train when it already at the bus stop tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 3:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

well very correct its like betting.....but the only way to win is to have informed analysis not some crap they feed you so you quickly sell your house to join the train when it already at the bus stop tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
lmaoooooo.correct,ur so rite!!! I love ur post. U make me laugh a lot. U should create that blog on time. Have u considered being a stockbrocker Not one of those evil wicked ones oooooo...
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave: lmaoooooo.correct,ur so rite!!! I love ur post. U make me laugh a lot. U should create that blog on time. Have u considered being a stockbrocker Not one of those evil wicked ones oooooo...

nope i dont want to be a stock broker now .....cos it takes a lot to get the license .....i no fit join cult and all.... angry angry angry...i be pastor chris pikin....... grin grin grin grin grin

but i am thinking of creating a hedge fund .........where we can put in heavy pool of money trade the market and come out as we like....... wink wink wink wink wink cos heavy funds ...........brings heavy profit and no need to sit on a stock for ever grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

nope i dont want to be a stock broker now .....cos it takes a lot to get the license .....i no fit join cult and all.... angry angry angry...i be pastor chris pikin....... grin grin grin grin grin

but i am thinking of creating a hedge fund .........where we can put in heavy pool of money trade the market and come out as we like....... wink wink wink wink wink cos heavy funds ...........brings heavy profit and no need to sit on a stock for ever grin grin grin grin grin
cult? Now u got me lost there.. Nice idea buh in this country of ours its gonna be a bit difficult
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave so i dey make u laff ke.....i don die.....y be say wen i serious people dey always say i too funny..... cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave: cult? Now u got me lost there.. Nice idea buh in this country of ours its gonna be a bit difficult

guy dont be fooled by money.....Jesus even compared money with God .....you think say na joke him dey joke ni.......there is always a shadow govt behind every govt....... kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

take ur share and keep quiet is the new rule.......... tongue tongue tongue tongue

hedge funds work every where in the world......it depends on the type u want to do

there are private hedge funds companies......all dey do is come together with d funds.....share equity to board of directors.....and trade with the money they have pooled in

this is a higher level of investment vehicle i will discuss maybe when i have the blog..... wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by jamace(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
I believe investing in stocks is not about too much analysis but SERIOUS decision. If it is by analysis, Forbes list of world richest men will be topped by stockbrokers.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover: kolidave so i dey make u laff ke.....i don die.....y be say wen i serious people dey always say i too funny..... cry cry cry cry cry
yexxxo. Lol. Na small tin jorrr. E dey happen. Lol
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

guy dont be fooled by money.....Jesus even compared money with God .....you think say na joke him dey joke ni.......there is always a shadow govt behind every govt....... kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

take ur share and keep quiet is the new rule.......... tongue tongue tongue tongue

hedge funds work every where in the world......it depends on the type u want to do

there are private hedge funds companies......all dey do is come together with d funds.....share equity to board of directors.....and trade with the money they have pooled in

this is a higher level of investment vehicle i will discuss maybe when i have the blog..... wink wink wink wink wink
I guess u ave a point there.for this naija ehn,we must to make am oooo,pass this Tony Elumelu sef . Open the blog sharperly oooo.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
jamace: I believe investing in stocks is not about too much analysis but SERIOUS decision. If it is by analysis, Forbes list of world richest men will be topped by stockbrokers.

we are still saying the same thing.......you need to understand words ......what do they mean to you
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
wetindeyhappenforstockmarketself..com

you asked for it......i have it now for you

my very own blog
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
def lover: wetindeyhappenforstockmarketself..com

you asked for it......i have it now for you

my very own blog
yepa! See name! This one too long na. Na wa oooooo
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by jamace(m): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave: yepa! See name! This one too long na. Na wa oooooo
That is a sign of how lengthy the analysis will be. grin grin Before you finish reading the analysis, all the money would have been made by serious investors,. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
jamace: That is a sign of how lengthy the analysis will be. grin grin Before you finish reading the analysis, all the money would have been made by serious investors,. cheesy grin

guy u don make me laff mess for body............guy calm down for me na.....i wan be real nija blogger............ grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave: yepa! See name! This one too long na. Na wa oooooo

you don start abi......person wey gal give d tin wey dey ask for hairs........wetin concern u with hairs grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Agbaka1: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
kolidave: yeah sumfin like that... Its mostly about risk tho. Thanks to those late investors some people make their money. Its like betting,while some are gaining most are loosing.
all dis gambling business na sin. hell fire callin na so forex be too. go into farming people. Abraham was a farmer making clean money. all these legal stealing from your neighbor for u to WIN will land u in hell. prove me wrong if am talking nonsense. work with ur hands and stop dis LAZY WAY OF MAKIN MONEY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People / The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise / QUINTESSENTIAL INVESTMENT ( Enter Here If You Have As Little As 50k To Invest )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.