Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? (2238 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by sandraanakebe(f): 5:07am On Nov 22, 2013
Pls I want your views on long distance relationships, I had an argument with a couple of friends about it. Does it really work?
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Mynd44: 5:24am On Nov 22, 2013
Yes I can
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Tolexander: 5:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Have a long distance relationship of how many kilometers?
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by castielo(m): 5:42am On Nov 22, 2013
been there, done that.. not a good idea! grin
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by HisRib(f): 5:51am On Nov 22, 2013
As a relationship expert & someone who has been involved in a long distance relationship, I believe it can work, but it takes 2 very dedicated individuals to make it work.

Relationships are quite hard, so the person being far can make things a lot more complicated.

Overall, I wouldn't encourage it.

XoXo

1 Like

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Burger01(m): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2013
^^^^ Let's face the fact, it just not worth it. LDR is shrouded with doubt, mistrust, temptation and emotional stress. If you can't be with your partner for a year then let go of the relationship. I met and dated a lady in the UK who told me point blank she had a relationship going in naija but just couldn't cope with the distance and loneliness plus d fact that she doubt her partner back home in naija.. Call a spade a spade.... it can't work...
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Enegod(m): 6:42am On Nov 22, 2013
Here is the reality check, my fellow
NLers. So far neither the long distance
relationship nor the next door neighbor
thing worked in all of our cases!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by lertee(f): 6:49am On Nov 22, 2013
Distance relationship works perfectly, it only depends on how you handle it.
Trust is the keyword to hold when thinking of a distance relationship,if you cannot trust your partner then there's no point going into a relationship in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by HisRib(f): 6:56am On Nov 22, 2013
lertee: Distance relationship works perfectly, it only depends on how you handle it.
Trust is the keyword to hold when thinking of a distance relationship,if you cannot trust your partner then there's no point going into a relation in the first place.

I don't like how you're throwing around this word "trust." How do you learn to trust someone you rarely see? Or someone who lives miles away?

You don't even know what they are up to.
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by djeezy(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Starting it from long distance doesn't really work for me save we've been pretty close and are now living faraway from each other.
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by lertee(f): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2013
HisRib:

I don't like how you're throwing around this word "trust." How do you learn to trust someone you rarely see? Or someone who lives miles away?

This is how shallow we think of ourselves,we give so much room for doubts and allow insecurity to take over.
See,the fact that you are in the same vicinity with your partner doesn't mean they would not cheat on you. A man or woman can cheat under the nose of his or her partner so forget that thing that "you don't know what they are doing", of course you can tell what your partner is doing.
Distance or no distance a cheating partner will still cheat,and the one that will be faithful will definitely stay faithful.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2013
How many short distance relationships hit jackpot?
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 22, 2013
lertee: Distance relationship works perfectly, it only depends on how you handle it.
Trust is the keyword to hold when thinking of a distance relationship,if you cannot trust your partner then there's no point going into a relation in the first place.
I agree.
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Yes i can
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by chiboy1928(m): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Yes u can but it all bores down to trust and constant communication u guys need to work on it dat jst the key.

1 Like

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 22, 2013
HisRib:

Why should you enter a relationship with someone you cannot trust?
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Smartiegurl(f): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2013
I tire for una, long distance relationship this, long distance relationship that!

For me, it really does work in some cases, just as short distance relationship works in other cases too. Most of you act as if is all next door relationship that works. He asked you out and you said yes, somewhere along the line, circumstances beyond ur control separated u guys and it became a long distance relationship. Why can't it still work?

Is just, trust, patience and ur love for each other that matters. Somehow it will still work.
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by chiboy1928(m): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2013
HisRib: As a relationship expert & someone who has been involved in a long distance relationship, I believe it can work, but it takes 2 very dedicated individuals to make it work.

Relationships are quite hard, so the person being far can make things a lot more complicated.

Overall, I wouldn't encourage it.

XoXo
dnt discourage the @op pls u said u are a relationship counsellor as being quoted by ur post on one of the thread I expect u to give the op a reasonable advice nt dis ur negative advice it can work if u must know complicated or not it all bores down to trust and regular communication btw the both of them tanks.

1 Like

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2013
He is using style to know That girl he is eying opinion on the topic.
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by dlex21(m): 8:17am On Nov 22, 2013
I'm in one currently...tho I find it hard attimes bt It gives me opportunity to get on wiv my everyday hustle rather than worryin abt ow I will take her out...all I need to knw is she z alright, she loves me and someday, we'll be 2geda...shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by chymystique(f): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2013
Lmao.. Dependin on d kinda distance oo.. If he is outside d country et will work.. If ets within nigeria here .. No oooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
#jstkiddin cheesy grin grin grin

Well for me et depends on the level of our relationship. Buh long distance relationship can b frustratin though!
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Smartiegurl(f): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2013
dlex21: I'm in one currently...tho I find it hard attimes bt It gives me opportunity to get on wiv my everyday hustlin rather than worryin abt ow I will take her out...all I need to knw is she z alright, she loves me and someday, we'll be 2geda...shikena!
badt dude! You don escape that one abi?
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by HisRib(f): 8:45am On Nov 22, 2013
lertee:
This is how shallow we think of ourselves,we give so much room for doubts and allow insecurity to take over.
See,the fact that you are in the same vicinity with your partner doesn't mean they would not cheat on you. A man or woman can cheat under the nose of his or her partner so forget that thing that "you don't know what they are doing", of course you can tell what your partner is doing.
Distance or no distance a cheating partner will still cheat,and the one that will be faithful will definitely stay faithful.

Well him cheating when he's miles away surely gives him more leverage. Is that what you want?

The "other woman" could be sleeping on his bed every night. He can easily have a double life. How will you know?

I strongly discourage long distance relationships, unless you and this person were together for a long time & one of you moved to another country/city. In that case, I think it's acceptable because you already have a strong bond.

All other circumstances are a big NO!

1 Like

Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by HisRib(f): 8:52am On Nov 22, 2013
chiboy1928: dnt discourage the @op pls u said u are a relationship counsellor as being quoted by ur post on one of the thread I expect u to give the op a reasonable advice nt dis ur negative advice it can work if u must know complicated or not it all bores down to trust and regular communication btw the both of them tanks.

Dear, please read my post correctly. I said, it can work, but it will take 2 very dedicated individuals to make it work. Additionally, I have to be honest. As a professional, it's my job to tell people what they need to hear and not what they want to hear.

I would not encourage a long distance relationship for obvious reasons.

But, there are people out there who make it work. It just requires lots of dedication to one another.
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by dlex21(m): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2013
Smartie gurl: badt dude! You don escape that one abi?
As a sharp guy na
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by lertee(f): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2013
HisRib:

Well him cheating when he's miles away surely gives him more leverage. Is that what you want?

The "other woman" could be sleeping on his bed every night. He can easily have a double life. How will you know?

I strongly discourage long distance relationships, unless you and this person were together for a long time & one of you moved to another country/city. In that case, I think it's acceptable because you already have a strong bond.

All other circumstances are a big NO!
Lol,if a guy or a lady is cheating,they can be in the same town even the same area yet they sleep with other people it is a game known as "smartest",if you are smart enough,you will cheat conveniently even if you live in the same compound so what are you saying.
I would like you to rephrase and write " distance relationship cannot work for me".
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by PaulSeun89(m): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2013
sandra anakebe: Pls I want your views on long distance relationships, I had an argument with a couple of friends about it. Does it really work?

It does work. The key factor is trust!
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
How far we talking? My fiancé lives the other side of London undecided
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Ade5(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
Flytefalls: How far we talking? My fiancé lives the other side of London undecided

Lol, london isn't that big so park well tongue
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Flytefalls: How far we talking? My fiancé lives the other side of London undecided
seriously mz falls.... OK,my girlfriend lives on the moon. Nd I'm in pluto. cry cry
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ade__:

Lol, london isn't that big so park well tongue
LIES! You try living north (working NW) and dating deep south (working E) grin. Weekdays are impossible (although I got a surprise visit on Tuesday yaaaaay).

I love touch too much wink
Re: Can You Have A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
Monstertrucks: seriously mz falls.... OK,my girlfriend lives on the moon. Nd I'm in pluto. cry cry
How did you meet?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Guy And A Girl Who Are Not Related To Sleep On The Same Bed / What Is The Big Deal About Sex On Day 1? / Why Do Girls Feel They Only Can End A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.