Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah (13587 Views)

2015 Ekiti, Osun Polls: Army Panel Recommends Retirement Of 2 Officers / Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / Panel Recommends Amnesty For Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
The three-
man administrative panel set up by President Goodluck Jonathan to investigate the purchase of two armoured vehicles by the National Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has concluded its report, which would be submitted to the president any moment from now.
President Jonathan had set up the panel on October 23, 2013,
with immediate past Head of Service, Alhaji Isa Bello, as chairman and National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki as well as Air Vice Marshal Dick Iruenebere (retd) as members.
The panel, which was given two weeks to conclude its work, was to determine whether or not due process was followed in the procurement of the vehicles as well as determine the purpose for which they were bought, among other issues.
Daily Sun gathered that in its report, the panel stated that there was no indication that Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, forced the NCAA to buy the vehicles.
It was also gathered that the panel stated that from its findings the cars were not bought in Oduah’s name and were not delivered to her. The panel also reported that in the purchase of the vehicles,
there were no fraudulent intention, as defined by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Matter (ECPC)
Act. On what should be done to Oduah, the panel recommended administrative caution, for her to be more diligent in future approvals.
While announcing the setting up of the panel, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, stated that prior to raising the panel,
President Jonathan had asked Oduah to explain her role in the
purchase of the cars.
According to him, “president Goodluck Jonathan has taken the initial step of asking the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, for explanations and that is in public domain and so it will not be right to say that the president is not well seized of the matter...But also, President Jonathan has, today (October 23, 2013), taken a step further and you (State House correspondents) will probably be the first set of Nigerians to hear this, by setting up a three-man administrative panel of inquiry to investigate the matter.”
Abati also stated: “This panel has the assignment to investigate whether or not the procurement process, with regards to this armoured vehicles followed due process.
“This three-man panel is also to find out the purpose to which the vehicles were procured and then to inquire into any other
incidental matters.” He revealed that the secretariat of the panel would be provided by the office the NSA, while expressing Jonathan’s determination to ensure that no public officer was shielded from inquiry.
“Let me assure you that President Jonathan will like to assure the general public that nobody, no matter how highly placed, will be shielded or exempted from this inquiry that he has directed and that appropriate action will be taken against any person or persons who maybe found guilty of misconduct or misappropriation of public funds, either in this respect or in any other,” Abati stated.
It would be recalled that the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation had also probed the purchase of the controversial cars. During the committee’s public sitting, officials of the Bureau of Public Procurement, Nigeria customs Services, NCAA, Coscharis Motors and First Bank Plc appeared and made presentations.
Also, Oduah appeared before the panel and presented documents
on the processes for the
approval and purchase of the car,
declaring that the vehicles were
not bought in her name and do
not belong to her.

SOURCE- http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/armoured-cars-presidential-panel-ready-report/

______
so you mean despite all that glaring and incriminating evidence, they couldn't get just one thing to use and nail her?? Well i knew it would end dis way. And pls just what d hell do they mean by ADMINISTRATIVE CAUTION? What kinda modafccking recommendation is dat? That she should put more caution next time she's embezzling or misappropriating public funds so she won't be caught?? Jeez this is ridiculous! But then again its not, afterall she's been probed by her fellow thieves. Once again corruption has won the battle! All hail our nigerian leaders! angry

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by KillMoves: 12:04am On Nov 25, 2013
9ja we hail thee. cheesy
Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by thewarrior72: 12:04am On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by thewarrior72: 12:05am On Nov 25, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Where are the APC e-rat crying crucify her, crucify her before she is found guilty

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by atlwireles: 12:15am On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin free hydrochloric acid for apc rats seeking the needful.

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2013
Oduah 3 - APC 1

24 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by danot1030: 12:19am On Nov 25, 2013
i dont expect much from it as long its gej administration, he has shown often time dat he is godfather fraudsters and currupt politicians.

16 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:21am On Nov 25, 2013
Winner oh! oh!! oh!!! Winner!
Oduah you don win o! Winner!
Kpata kpata you go win again o! Winner

Loser oh! oh!! oh!!! Loser!
Fani-Kayode you don lose o! Loser!
I say you go dey lose forever! Loser!

Yoruba power, powerless power!
Yoruba power, powerless power!!
Saharareporters power, powerless power!!!
Punch Newspaper power powerless power!!!
Fani-Kayode power, powerless power!!

97 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by agbameta: 12:27am On Nov 25, 2013
Corrupt people don't punish or jail other corrupt people so no surprise here. Besides, the aso rock dullard is not known for any kind of fight against corruption, he in fact not only hire and surrounds himself with corrupt people and ex convicts, he pardons convicts, criminals and international fugitives..

The kindergarten president and dullard basically just justified his name and despicable qualities...

This after trying to digest Mbeki's tongue lashing...

40 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 25, 2013
Last week, one man was sent to 13 years imprisonment for stealing cellphones. Oduah was let go for armor car scam. Anyone who was expecting Jonathan to deal with corrupt elements in his government should get his/her head examined. Jonathan has taken over the tag of most corrupt president from IBB. In a sane world, GEJ would have asked Stella Oduah to stepdown during investigation.

Nigeria is now a laughingstock around the world. Thabo Mbeki said it better.

17 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by kasiem(m): 12:51am On Nov 25, 2013
it's been a month f bad news for apc. from anambra election to this one

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Onlytruth(m): 12:53am On Nov 25, 2013
This is good news and should be welcome by all fair minded Nigerians.
The president has done well by setting up this panel. Their findings and recommendations are welcome.
Kudos to GEJ!

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Brimmie(m): 12:56am On Nov 25, 2013
GEJ = Corruption.. That's all!

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Oduah 3 - APC 1
Committee was only set up to calm the situation when the story came out. Her personal assistant told Nigerians the armored vehicles were bought for her protection. The smart one among us knew nothing was being investigated by that committee. EFCC was the right body to investigate; not the kangaroo committee.

This is the same government that pardoned Alameseigha. The same Jonathan who told the whole world on CNN that there was no corruption in Nigeria. See you at the poll.

16 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by bandely(m): 1:12am On Nov 25, 2013
This country is one heck of a joke!

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Onlytruth(m): 1:13am On Nov 25, 2013
Haters are still crying. lol
Oh well...

Well done Mr President. We match forward and continue the journey of transformation.

Haters, DIE BY FIRE! cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 25, 2013
bandely: This country is one heck of a joke!

And the clowns are the people you see rejoicing here. Their future already stolen, and they are here foolishly happy that the future of their children is being stolen as well.
The mind of the oppressed is truly the most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor.

42 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by omenka(m): 2:02am On Nov 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Oduah 3 - APC 1
I think: Corruption 10 - 0 Nigeria, is more appropriate.

35 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by bloggernaija: 2:11am On Nov 25, 2013
Obj
Obj
Obj
Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:39am On Nov 25, 2013
kasiem: it's been a month f bad news for apc. from anambra election to this one

They haven't started having trouble yet.

Nigerians aren't going to standy idly by and let these corrupt fanatical politicians who have ganged up themselves in apc to continue to rape us unchallenged, while using media propaganda to justify their evil design for Nigeria.
BTW, what are they doing in Igboland? Haven't they made it crystal clear that their aim of forming that party is to marginalize and oppress Igbo and other minorities in Nigeria? Do they expect us to applaud them and support their wicked evil agenda to oppress us in our own country?

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by agbameta: 3:13am On Nov 25, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

They haven't started having trouble yet.

Nigerians aren't going to standy idly by and let these corrupt fanatical politicians who have ganged up themselves in apc to continue to rape us unchallenged, while using media propaganda to justify their evil design for Nigeria.
BTW, what are they doing in Igboland? Haven't they made it crystal clear that their aim of forming that party is to marginalize and oppress Igbo and other minorities in Nigeria? Do they expect us to applaud them and support their wicked evil agenda to oppress us in our own country?

Do you paranoid and overly emotional people believe the nonsense you spew or you just spew it just for the heck of it..?

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:22am On Nov 25, 2013
agbameta:

Do you paranoid and overly emotional people believe the nonsense you spew or you just spew it just for the heck of it..?
bros, una go do well to avoid these people.

If u haven't noticed, they support and stand for gross corruption since day one. Its a religion to them!

The igbo people popularized so many criminal activities currently in our country and beyond.

Fake and substandard prodcts.

Cons as regards business issues

Going against the best (soludo and dora comes to mind) etc

Besides: were u expecting oduah to be sacked? Well, u go old o grin grin

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by PointB: 3:26am On Nov 25, 2013
A balanced report; a good recommendation. Now move over haters, Aviation transformation train on full throttle.

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by bosslife850: 3:31am On Nov 25, 2013
I'm 26 a smart average body, good looking, a final year student of electrical electronics engineering.
I'm a simple person so i hate drama i love to travel hangout with friends cook listen to music watch movies and i love the internet.
I am here to date a with a woman older than me, women above 32 years old because they are more understanding caring and matured. Please do not call, text or send me a bbm request if you are not up to the age limit, thanks.
If you know you are older than me and you like my profile please do not hesitate to message me, do not be shy okay.
You can call text or add me on bbm... 08065099377, 08167950172, 21CAD793.. Any location in Nigeria.
Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 25, 2013
bosslife850: I'm 26 a smart average body, good looking, a final year student of electrical electronics engineering.
I'm a simple person so i hate drama i love to travel hangout with friends cook listen to music watch movies and i love the internet.
I am here to date a with a woman older than me, women above 32 years old because they are more understanding caring and matured. Please do not call, text or send me a bbm request if you are not up to the age limit, thanks.
If you know you are older than me and you like my profile please do not hesitate to message me, do not be shy okay.
You can call text or add me on bbm... 08065099377, 08167950172, 21CAD793.. Any location in Nigeria.
This post confirmed why I believe kids have invaded nairaland politics section.

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by fabulous4u: 5:31am On Nov 25, 2013
agbameta: Corrupt people don't punish or jail other corrupt people so no surprise here. Besides, the aso rock dullard is not known for any kind of fight against corruption, he in fact not only hire and surrounds himself with corrupt people and ex convicts, he pardons convicts, criminals and international fugitives..

The kindergarten president and dullard basically just justified his name and despicable qualities...

This after trying to digest Mbeki's tongue lashing...
e pain am o ,they did not allow u recover from your anambra election tragedy before they increased your high bp again ......gej u wicked see as u wan use your transformation finish this retrogressives

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by fabulous4u: 5:37am On Nov 25, 2013
SLIDE waxie: bros, una go do well to avoid these people.

If u haven't noticed, they support and stand for gross corruption since day one. Its a religion to them!

The igbo people popularized so many criminal activities currently in our country and beyond.

its you that support corruption,your APC warlords embezzled money from their shady lekki expressway deal ,they used #309m to deliver 1mw of electricity,bought bullet proof jeeps with #600m u said nothing but u are quick to judge someone that has not been proven guilty by a court of law u are a born hypocrite
wasted soul

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:48am On Nov 25, 2013
payless: Committee was only set up to calm the situation when the story came out. Her personal assistant told Nigerians the armored vehicles were bought for her protection. The smart one among us knew nothing was being investigated by that committee. EFCC was the right body to investigate; not the kangaroo committee.

This is the same government that pardoned Alameseigha. The same Jonathan who told the whole world on CNN that there was no corruption in Nigeria. See you at the poll.

Anambra down, Nigeria to go.

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:50am On Nov 25, 2013
Aigbofa:

And the clowns are the people you see rejoicing here. Their future already stolen, and they are here foolishly happy that the future of their children is being stolen as well.
The mind of the oppressed is truly the most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor.

Are you referring to Lagosians whose future have been stolen by Tinubu and Fashole?

21 Likes

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:52am On Nov 25, 2013
SLIDE waxie: bros, una go do well to avoid these people.

@ bolded, so you now agree Dora is better than Chris Olatunde Ngige.

Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Anambra down, Nigeria to go.
Obiano won't be governor. The court will call for new election.
Re: Panel Recommends "Administrative Caution" For Oduah by Omexonomy: 5:54am On Nov 25, 2013
Osun defenders please come to the attack your help are needed.

PDP Threatens To Sue Kano Government For Stopping Rally / High Oil Price Pushes Subsidy On Petrol To N65.6 Per Litre / How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50