Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting (5385 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
samuelk: This is really bad
What is really bad?
Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by chukel(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2013
lomomike:
What is really bad?
moderator indeed
Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2013
@ chukel, I beg your pardon!
What have my simple question got to do with "moderator indeed" reply? If you have nothing to say or do, pls go and sleep. One more thing please I've been very humble and humane enough to bear lots of silly comments.

Please don't quote me again on this thread. I am really serious about this now.
Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 16, 2013
@ mikkyphp,
Pls let's leave this issue as it is, I don't want us to derail this thread. You won't understand the genesis of this issue even if I try explaining it to you.
Thanks for your concern.

1 Like

Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by mikkyphp(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2013
ok, what about my thermostat problem. where can i get to buy? though my car has been working well without it, and my fans remain on factory settings and kick in when engine is hot or when a/c is on.
Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2013
You didn't mention the car, model, and engine type. The info you gave is little
Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by mikkyphp(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2013
Model: Accord

Make (Manufacturer): Honda

Model year: 2004

Trim: LX sedan AT

Engine capacity: 4 Cylinder, 2.4 L

Fuel type: Gasoline
Re: Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
Take your faulty termostat, visit a spareparts dealer, get another honda recommended termostat with Opening Temperature Rating: 174 degrees which is what your 2.4L DOHC accord uses with the termostat seal (reason why you should take your faulty termostat is because the termostat have temperature rating at which the termostat opens when such temperature is attained) and fix it in the car or invite your mechanic to do it for you. Also get recommended coolant when you're doing this. Don't just fill the radiator with water alone. (I don't know if honda have a bleed mechanism or bleed spot) you might need to bleed that engine coolant so as to eliminate air pockets.

Hope this helped?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Register Autel Maxisys MS906 Diagnostic Scanner / Intel Partners With Warner Bros To Bring Entertainment To Self-Driving Cars / Knock Engine Sensor Faulty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.