Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... (40590 Views)

Do It Yourself Exportation Business Guide Free - Season The Nitty Gritty. / What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria / Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lovelymind(m): 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Again for those of us that doesn't base in lagos which other route can we use insisted of lagos route. Or can we use Abuja or Enugu
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
my night was good thank you and how was yours too..quick one, definately we can...its all about getting people that needs it, we have lots of nigerians oversea that could not toil with all these things when they were in the country and they could offer anything to get them where they are now...so my housemate, please its time for serious work here..
lovelymind: U re welkom op and hw was ur 9t . Question Pls op can one export bitter kola . Regards
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
sorry bro...i dont use courrier services for my delivery because i beleive it takes time and all, but i beleive this is a forum and we are definately going to have people here that knows about that as well, so please housemates lets save a bro..
kenraj: @Lizu....

I asked earlier what the requirements are for UPS to send my stuff to Russia if it's gonna be 100kg upwards and I don't mind if it's gonna be splited. And things I send range from cosmetics, hair extensions, foodstuff like ogbono,plantain,yam,egusi,garri,palm oil etc, beverages and the likes. I'll really appreciate to know how I can go about it!

Thanks in antticipation!
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
infact people that lives in lagos come as far as enugu to get and abuja to get their stuffs at times and still come back to lagos to transport it, am very sure if its something that was easy for them to do they wont venture to come back to lagos for the remaining transaction to be completed...but if something comes up o that later i will gladly put it up..thanks
lovelymind: Again for those of us that doesn't base in lagos which other route can we use insisted of lagos route. Or can we use Abuja or Enugu
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
are you still following so maybe you can find tips that wll answer your questions....thanks
Tweetie: Hi Lizu, I am interested in exporting palm kernel shells to European countries. I heard its lucrative. Kindly give the step by step procedure of how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
my brother..the certification agencies i know and trust are the already mentioned ones, and if you source for any product outside lagos, i see no reason why you should go through such rigirous stress of just certifying lagos and taking it back to your state for air freighting, you know that will cost you alot..i dont know if have been able to answer your questions sir
9free: @OP,
Are these certification agencies available in every state of the federation or just in Lagos alone?
Secondly, can I export from any of the five international airports in Nigeria?
What happens if I can easily source ''exportable'' products but live in a state that has no local airport/int'l airport?
Lastly, can you clarify this offer letter thing?
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by mosexyl(f): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Following bumper to bumper!
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by jorrey(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Good work ops..Following big time
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
@mosexyl and jorrey...tnx housemates...we are in the ride together...
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
d_boye:

@op... please how do one prevent drugs being added to your goods o !
at the packaging point of ur goods until wen its sends in u shld be there nd watchful at all point in time..no loss holes at all. Must drug guys go tru dat means too deliver ther drug or they mit u nd plead wit.wat u will hear is guy na just dis small tin mk I just put nd u collect money not knowing its drug..so in dis accept u have too be vry observant ..God go help us..Lizu no wan show us face again?
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
My brother, pls dnt feel that way..at least you were able to feel that space too by answering d question, I believe this forum is for matured minds, so pls let's do it 2geda..I believe no one will open his or her eyes down to watch anyone put sand sand for his or her garri, so its all about shinning your eyes on ur stuff at every point of action. God go help us all, hope u were able to digest today's write up
smith_sydny: at the packaging point of ur goods until wen its sends in u shld be there nd watchful at all point in time..no loss holes at all. Must drug guys go tru dat means too deliver ther drug or they mit u nd plead wit.wat u will hear is guy na just dis small tin mk I just put nd u collect money not knowing its drug..so in dis accept u have too be vry observant ..God go help us..Lizu no wan show us face again?
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
lizu: My brother, pls dnt feel that way..at least you were able to feel that space too by answering d question, I believe this forum is for matured minds, so pls let's do it 2geda..I believe no one will open his or her eyes down to watch anyone put sand sand for his or her garri, so its all about shinning your eyes on ur stuff at every point of action. God go help us all, hope u were able to digest today's write up
off cus my broda..am talking based on wat I got from nacho export .u know its a vry sensible nd observant business ..carefulness is needed in evertin we do..I rly appreciate ur effort towards dis..but I blive sooner someone will cum wit a breakthrough testimony..thanks I have too find time nd go too nacho nd get more info shaa. Cus as not just looking at uk market I want too do dubai nd other cool countries too..wch everway let's keep the flag flying..watching ball now..lol
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
anoda tin we shld consider is the airline of transporting cus I had turkish airline is the cheapest too uk..so I went too ther office at the airport too comfirm..so dats anoda tin we shld put in our budget too..thanks pple..

1 Like

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
good job bro...nice one
smith_sydny: anoda tin we shld consider is the airline of transporting cus I had turkish airline is the cheapest too uk..so I went too ther office at the airport too comfirm..so dats anoda tin we shld put in our budget too..thanks pple..
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by chidozy15(m): 1:02am On Dec 05, 2013
@lizu, I feel this business idea and welcome your contributions so far, my main issue here is how one can get the foreign contacts who need products which I'm able to package and export. I don't have anyone abroad who cud help me find customers and my sister who's a banker says that its next to impossible to get those contacts from the bank these days.
So what other ways or means can one use to get customers....the walking around is no issue here.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Kamkamdd: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Gud mornn house!I tink we're getting somewhere.Sombdy sometime mentioned using DHL, NIPOST & airlines 2 send ur guds.I want 2 know whc is safer & less costly depending on d quantity u're sending?
Secondly,i'm considering registering with AMEN.Will dis help in solving some of these problems or i shld 4get registering with dem 4 now?Tanx!
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
@chidozy15.. asides using your bank account officer, you can visit the chamber of commerce and industry, registered forwarding agents, commercial desk of any embassy, shipping companies...its all about making your smart and get information from anyone there...but dont forget that we are still in naija...scratch my back i scratch your back...nothing goes for nothing, you dont have to make this official when doing it. i beleive we are all working with matured minds here...thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
@kamkamdd...have been using the airway freight for sometime now and i feel much safer using them because of time of delivery considering the fact that we are exporting food items that might be affected with time if it stays too long somewhere...though airways are quit expensive but if your calculation is done correctly, you must have gotten your profit even before sending your stuffs out. Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by tzege: 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hi all,
Following. Does anyone in the house have a link to local/international buyers of the following items-cassava flour (fufu) packaged in 2kg, 5kg & 10kg bags? Same with garri. Ȋ̝̊̅̄ can also source palm oil in varied containers as well palm kernel shells and lead (Pb) for export. Please drop ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ a mail @ pjmexpert@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Tunjman(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
@Lizu: can you give me rough estimate of transporting my garri via airline? you can inbox me: nectar.edibles@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lizu,plz can u put up ur number or jst page(flash) me & amma cal bac asaply on 08161341235
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by kenraj(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Considering the cheapest means of conveying your exports, nipost is the cheapest. EMS services also works faster than Nipost but cargo (via-airlines) is the costliest and the most expensive (though the fastest-bare 48-72 hour depending on destination). The hiccups in all means depends on the recipient's country,as in the maximum weight which can be received @ a go and also their charges also. But I feel they are cheap compared to some countries like Russia which is quiet strenuous and expensive. Just be positive on your business and you sure will smile you gave it a trial.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by aysax: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
bro i can see u ve been doing a good job but when will this ur write up on exportation business be release
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 6:39am On Dec 06, 2013
Goog info bro...tnx
kenraj: Considering the cheapest means of conveying your exports, nipost is the cheapest. EMS services also works faster than Nipost but cargo (via-airlines) is the costliest and the most expensive (though the fastest-bare 48-72 hour depending on destination). The hiccups in all means depends on the recipient's country,as in the maximum weight which can be received @ a go and also their charges also. But I feel they are cheap compared to some countries like Russia which is quiet strenuous and expensive. Just be positive on your business and you sure will smile you gave it a trial.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 6:43am On Dec 06, 2013
I already gave out the basics 2 days ago..if u go thru the pages properly u shld see it, another one should be coming up before d end of today. Tnx
ay sax: bro i can see u ve been doing a good job but when will this ur write up on exportation business be release
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 6:48am On Dec 06, 2013
My brother pls I won't be able to do this because I stand not to be quoted at the of ur transaction, pls if you notice when it comes to figures I dnt write specific cos in naija anything can change anytime..tnx
Tunjman: @Lizu: can you give me rough estimate of transporting my garri via airline? you can inbox me: nectar.edibles@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
Pls House get this straight....

Types of Export Business

There are two types of Export business namely;
Direct Export Business and Indirect Export Business..

1.DIRECT EXPORT BUSINESS: This is a type of export business that is done between two companies from different countries i.e a company in nigeria and a company oversea. This can be done on a small scale or large scale. A pre inspection is done in this type of export business and NXP is also compulsory here.

2.INDIRECT EXPORT BUSINESS: This type of export business is done between individual in nigeria and individual oversea, this can be done in small scale and can also be done in a large scale, pre inspection is not needed in this type and NXP form is not also needed, the two important documents needed here are just the 1.certification 2. airway bill if by airline or bill of laden if by sea.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EXPORTING FOOD ITEMS IN A DIRECT SCALE EXPORT(COMPANY TO COMPANY)

1. Copy of certification result being issued by relevant government approved certification agency.

2. A copy of euro customs document ( this is issued in the bank)

3. A copy of proformal invoice as in the case of letter of credit type of payment.

4. A copy of pre inspection result being issued by the buyer's nominated pre inspection agent.

NB..Pre Inspectors;They monitor and inspects the goods belonging to the buyer on his or her behalf.

5. A copy of airway bill if using airline as a means of transportation

6. A copy of bill of laden if transporting by sea.

7. A copy of NXP form obtained from the bank.

8. A copy of export liscense.(if available)

9. A copy of letter of credit.

PROCEDURES FOR EXPORTING FOOD ITEMS FOR DIRECT SMALL SCALE

1. Select a product or identify the product and get buyer for it

2. Send an offer letter to the buyer and state what you can offer conveniently in term of quantity, duration of time before you can deliver e.t.c

3. Negotiate and agree on specification.

4. Negotiate and agree on price per kg.

5. Send a proformal invoice to the buyer according to the details agreed upon with the buyer in terms of price per unit, product specification, packaging and packaging methodology, duration of time to be delivered e.t.c

6. Take the proformal invoice to you account officer in your bank to help you put your bank details on it..it is compulsory the bank does this for you.
NB.. Always negotiate for an IRREVOCABLE letter of credit during the transaction because with this, the deal can never be cancelled because of anything( so with this you are getting your money)...its a form of security.

7. Scan mail the proformal invoice to your buyer for him or her to take it to his or her bank for the preparation of the IRREVOCABLE letter of credit that will be sent to you.

8. Collect the NXP form from the bank, fill it accurately with accurate informations and submit to the bank for future incentives from the nigerian government( these are things nigerians dont know that exists and they exist, but if you dont know that it happens, the people in charge will never tell you and they will always sit on it)...be wise.

9. Go to the bank and pick up the letter of credit opened for you by the buyer's bank.( with this, you are in a safe hands..as soon as your products gets to the buyer your bank is going to pull your money out for you through the letter of credit opened by his or her own bank).

10.Now go to the market for procurement according to the agreed specification

11. Package the product according to the agreed specification.

12. Take the products for certification

13. Take the product for pre inspection in the buyer's nominated pre inspection company and collect the pre inspection result

14. Collect the pre inspection and if it corresponds with the agreed specification, take it to your account officer.
NB...from here if the specification is met, your job ends here then the buyer takes up charge from there and sends his or her agent to pick up the products from the pre inspection company and sends to the buyer.

15. when payment is confirmed, go to any airline of your choice and make payment for the exact number of kg and collect your airway bill.

16. call any liscensed forwarding agent of your choice, hand over to him or her a copy of the pre inspection result and the airway bill to enable him or her to go to the pre inspection company and carry the goods to the airline for air freighting.

17. Inform the buyer of the name of the airline that is bringing the goods to him or her or probably scan mail all the documents to the buyer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by aAK1(m): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hello Mr lizu. I must comened the good work you are doing. I've been a quiet follower of this. I would want to know if you can recommend any forwarding agent
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Kamkamdd: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Kudos bro!Gud wk u're doing.I've some questns based on d info u gave.
1.Wat's NXP?
2.In no.14 u said after taking d necessary steps,d exporter has placed his part and d importer sends his agent 2 pick d goods.Again in no.16,d exporter is again involved,pls clearify.Tanx!
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 11:24am On Dec 07, 2013
My brother, tnx for the comendation, but as for recomendation of forwarding agent, I won't be able to do that n I belive u understnd why that can't be done, I will advice everyone to make a move on issues like that, so we can make a proper bergain personally n probably learn one or two things about them. Tnx
a.A.K:
Hello Mr lizu. I must comened the good work you are doing. I've been a quiet follower of this. I would want to know if you can recommend any forwarding agent
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 11:36am On Dec 07, 2013
Nxp if refered to nigeria export proceed form, its obtain frm d bank, its part of the documentation required in some kind of export business.. As for d other question, tnx for taking note of that its d correct thing I wrote but think I need to just be a bit explicit on that.. Normally d work of d exporter ends at no 14 but in case of airway freight or an agreement wt the buyer to help do that which attracts extra cost no 16 applies, so I believe u shld be clear on this.
Kamkamdd: Kudos bro!Gud wk u're doing.I've some questns based on d info u gave.
1.Wat's NXP?
2.In no.14 u said after taking d necessary steps,d exporter has placed his part and d importer sends his agent 2 pick d goods.Again in no.16,d exporter is again involved,pls clearify.Tanx!
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by ugsams(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hello Lizu, I started following the thread from the start. Please in my own case I want to be sending it down to relatives who will now do the supply to African shops and other end users in their country of residence. will I need all the listed process with the bank as money or mode of payment won't be an issue. In my position let me guess what I need to do based on information I got from here are as follows:

1) Source the product at a good price (That I can do)

2) Move the product down to Lagos (I can do that)

3) Take it to NAFDAC office in Yaba for approval and certification. (I can do that)

4)Register with NEPC (am clueless if I must do that, being that I will be operating in a small scale and may not have all the money to register with them if it is too expensive?)

5) Move the product to NAHCO/SAHCOL (I can do that as well, do I need to package the product before or at NAHCO?)

6)Packaging the product, (am clueless on this, will I be able to see people packaging product at NAHCO so as to learn from them)

7) Can I negotiate the price and pay directly to the airlines or must I use the freight forwarding agents?

cool How will my relatives receive the product (at the airport or at the forwarding agents' recipient in the delivery destination?)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sandile Shezi: How Forex Made 23-Year-Old South African A Millionaire / The Real Slay Queens (photo) / SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.