Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83462 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 29, 2013
How do you feel when you clean your house and someone just messes it up again? You get very mad right?

That's just the same way the Governor felt about this woman, the man is only being human and he is angry cos he is trying to clean up his state and anytime he does, people just come and messes it all over again.

He doesn't want his state to be a slum, he will do anything in his power to achieve that. We need leaders who are very strict, who have balls.

Nigerians are naturally lawless and indiscipline. Take it from me, we all are.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by emiye(m): 6:40am On Nov 29, 2013
A moment of madness can bring a lifetime regret, especially a recorded one.

Some people with certain temperaments tends to lose their head to impulse.

Although, i am not sure if the woman is a widow, as she might have said that to gain sympathy, Oshiomole needs to apologise to the lady and reward her .
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 29, 2013
rudedough: How do you feel when you clean your house and someone just messes it up again? You get very mad right?

That's just the same way the Governor felt about this woman, the man is only being human and he is angry cos he is trying to clean up his state and anytime he does, people just come and messes it all over again.

He doesn't want his state to be a slum, he will do anything in his power to achieve that. We need leaders who are very strict, who have balls.

abeg find one place siddon jare undecided Are you sure you schooled abroad? what does all these you typed have to do with displaying proper behaviour and treating people with courtesy, dignity and respect. I just finished watching the assassination of JFK on CNN USA. When they caught the alleged killer, They still treated him with respect, before he was himself gunned down by a vindictive man.

This woman isn't a criminal, but even if she was she should still be accorded with respect until the Law takes it course. This is just unacceptable from the governor regardless of the woman's disposition. To compound matters, the woman wasn't even breaking the law as some here are saying....But even if she was, she still doesn't deserve to be treated in such manner.....Nobody deserves to be treated like such, even the wicked governor that gave out such treatment..........

And Jesus wept..........I weep for this nation

3 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by gregg2: 6:46am On Nov 29, 2013
This is wickedness. Feel so sad.
Even some of his aides and that red uniform man could not beleive their eyes.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2013
fatwallet: Absolutely Unbelievable!! you see that's why we black people are a laughing stock in the world,I keep telling you i.diots this .
there's nothing to be proud of being black. what an embarrassment!!
I am light skin and my background is calabar efik and i'm not a fan of very dark skin inferior tribes like yorubas ,but hey thats just me. cool
thats why I prefer living among whites and I want my kids to be mixed race and i want them to also marry white,I would bleach my skin like Michael Jackson just to escape this Godforsaken inferior race.you have a problem with that? don't be jealous !
Knowledge is Light,Ignorance is darkness.

You are a real LUNATIC! Go F.u.ck yourself!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by ikwubaba: 6:57am On Nov 29, 2013
Definitely a slip by Osho Baba. Na anger. Him go compensate her finally. But he should apologise publicly.

I still will not throw away the child with the bathwater. If people still excuse all the millions of delibrate brigandage of GEJ, who am I?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by sham8co(m): 6:57am On Nov 29, 2013
Y r Nigerian leaders so weakerd, dey respect pple dat steal frm d govt, while dis respecting pple dat huzzle for their daily brate. Osomole am high disappointd in u.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by omicron(m): 6:57am On Nov 29, 2013
Evrything is wrong with evrything Oshiomole did.

From ''Go and die, You're a Widow'' to '' Is it not your husband that go to kill people on the road?'' to ''Where is this Useless driver''

Apology is not enough here. That woman should be compensated greatly.

Evidence from this video even shows the poor lady never broke the law.

Very sad!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by richy1473(m): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2013
....I can't stop the tears running down my face..he wouldn't have done that when he was looking for 2nd-term..that's why I always against 2term in govenance because they believed they have nothing to lose again after they had gotten it...
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by chairman: 7:07am On Nov 29, 2013
AOR D MAYOR: Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone. Some of you castigating the Governor would do worse if they are in his shoes. Abi una think say to rule a whole state na bread and beans? Things like this are bound to happen. Let me ask how long can you hold your temper for a month without being provoked.
oshomole has cast many a stone remember
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2013
fatwallet: you have nothing to say,I made myself very clear. Its not a secret that I am no fan of very dark skin inferior tribes like the yorubas
you are just a typical jealous and angry black man ,I am Light skin and you are likely not so get over your pathetic self.

F.uck off, and those that f.uck you. You gay!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by J3da: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2013
rudedough: How do you feel when you clean your house and someone just messes it up again? You get very mad right?

And you are naturally so heartless, that same woman prolly voted him in! What has he done to provide for the poor in Edo state?

When you clean the house, and don't provide a play ground for the kids, you shouldn't blame them for messing it up over again!

We all agree the woman was wrong but his action is worst than the woman's.
I had huge respect for that man, but after seeing this! HE can GO nd DIE!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by egbesegbe: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija:

I beg to disagree .
Agreed ,
The governor choice of words is in bad taste but,

He is the CEO of the state.
A good administrator cannot afford to be selective in the Application of justice.
Poverty and illiteracy is not an excuse ,
Neither is wealth ,power and status.
All over Nigeria,laws are broken everyday and the perpetuators are never apprehended.
From breaking an easy to understand law like this one,to
a thieving president and his wife.
The moment you excuse these small crimes ,
You have automatically given the big criminal a pass.
In as much as you pity her poverty,
The state needs to make examples once in a while.
The message is crystal clear.
OBEY THE LAW OR YOU WILL GET SMASHED.
IF I CAN BE RUTHLESS WITH THIS WOMAN,I CAN BE RUTHLESS WITH ANYONE
The fact is that the oil derangement syndrome has seriously bastardized the psyche of that country ,
That people would rather eke a miserable living by the roadside,ride okada rather than live a life of dignity on the farm.

]why can't Oshomole start with himself and his commissioner that uses siren to cause noise pollution. Is it only roadside hawking that breaks the state law? Are you 100% sure you are abiding to the law of the country. You are hypocritical
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by dazangel11(f): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2013
Nigerians will surely regret the day they remove pdp from power if it ever happens.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by rovert: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2013
Aside from the uncouth manner the Governor spoke to the woman, really what does the law say about street trading? Are the wares seized and the offender persecuted or are the wares just seized or is the offender just persecuted? The Governor cited obstruction of traffic flow that could lead to death as justification for this show of poor leadership; what about Governors whose motorcade drive recklessly and have killed scores of people (ala Dr Iyayi of recent memory)?

I'm exceedingly angry right now!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by francababy(f): 7:20am On Nov 29, 2013
how did you know she is a widow? you guys paint stories to look for sympathy
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by 4kmukina: 7:25am On Nov 29, 2013
OshomOLE is a devil incarnate, ugly looking short gorilla. Not even d death of his wife cud melt his hrt to know wot widows and widowers pass tru to survive. Do I blame him? When he enjoys govt money. Truly power intoxicates.

Oshosatan. U wil die b4 dat widow u told to go and die. Bastard!

2 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 29, 2013
Donxavier:

abeg find one place siddon jare undecided Are you sure you schooled abroad? what does all these you typed have to do with displaying proper behaviour and treating people with courtesy, dignity and respect. I just finished watching the assassination of JFK on CNN USA. When they caught the alleged killer, They still treated him with respect, before he was himself gunned down by a vindictive man.

This woman isn't a criminal, but even if she was she should still be accorded with respect until the Law takes it course. This is just unacceptable from the governor regardless of the woman's disposition. To compound matters, the woman wasn't even breaking the law as some here are saying....But even if she was, she still doesn't deserve to be treated in such manner.....Nobody deserves to be treated like such, even the wicked governor that gave out such treatment..........

And Jesus wept..........I weep for this nation

[b]You have a twisted mind my friend. You want good things but when good things present themselves and other people tries to sabotage it's effort, you'll still be the first to cry fowl.

Nigerians wants respect for breaking the law. Really? Nigeria police should start reading people their rights before arrest. cheesy cheesy You really haven't been on the ground much.

Go arrest a Nigerian and see what happens while you're reading him his rights. It's like you think Nigerians are that patient and civil.

Who will provide backup if the suspect gives the police man a KO and absconds? Where is the radio? Or man power or even road to chase a fleeing suspect?

We haven't become that sophisticated, our law enforcement are only using the available resources they have to do the best they can.

And bro if you really thing Harvey Oswald killed JFK, you're sitting on a long thing. And you should curb those emotions, being a widow doesn't give you autonomy to be lawless.

The eyes of the jury is blinded and if she's innocent, she should get a lawyer and press charges. That's how it works in a civilised society, the crying and widow thing is totally unnecessary.
[/b]
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by myola(m): 7:29am On Nov 29, 2013
rudedough: Seriously IDGAF. She shouldn't be trading on the pedestrian.

Sentiments aside, these road side traders are killing SMEs nationwide. It doesn't matter if you're poor, a widow or desperate, you must be mindful of the law.

A roadside seller pays little or no rental but an SME pays rental and utility. Their capital expenditure reflects on the prices of their goods.

That is, a road side seller can sell an orange for N20 Naira and make maximum profit while a shop owner will sell the same orange for N30 and make very minimal profit.

But who's going to buy the same orange for N30 from the shop when you can buy it cheaper at N20 from the roadside seller?

They're killing SMEs period.

Let's skip the emotions and look further. The Governor may be wrong with his choice of words but he's angry and everyone should frown at road side traders.

But why in the name of popsicle do Nigerians like anything illegal?
Don't forget it is not everybody that can afford shops and startup capital. Moreover if u watch dat video clip u will discover dat that woman was not hawking but might be dropped @ a presumed bus stop. D question is who are we turning our city to megacity for.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by misterh(m): 7:32am On Nov 29, 2013

Fine. But the grouse here is the way he went about the event. A leader should not make such utterances.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 29, 2013
J3da:

And you are naturally so heartless, that same woman prolly voted him in! What has he done to provide for the poor in Edo state?

When you clean the house, and don't provide a play ground for the kids, you shouldn't blame them for messing it up over again!

We all agree the woman was wrong but his action is worst than the woman's.
I had huge respect for that man, but after seeing this! HE can GO nd DIE!

It doesn't matter who voted him into power. He's there to do his job, his job he must do. That's not being heartless, that's being competent in your job.

You all are filled with unnecessary emotions. Murderers too cry and begs but that doesn't stop the lethal injection. Should we forgive them because they have cried and beg or because some of them are widows?

Like I said, the Governor's choice of word was very bad. However, the woman still has an option to press charges. That's how it works in a civilised society. The crying, begging, and widow thing is unnecessary, I'll rather appreciate the rule of law.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by eluquenson(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2013
francababy: how did you know she is a widow? [s]you guys paint stories to look for sympathy[/s]
Am sure you didn't watch the video, try watch it and i bet you wont like Govnor Adams for his malicious statement just because the woman is poor embarassed
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 29, 2013
misterh: Fine. But the grouse here is the way he went about the event. A leader should not make such utterances.

Thanks for understanding my views. If I was the woman and I'm innocent, I'll sue his a$$ and demand for some cool papers. Who begs when he/she is innocent? Not me
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by niggi4life(m): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2013
Why is it that Edo state never had a good governor? They are always unlucky with the governors they elect. Anyway, if oshiomole had made that statement in the western world that would have been the end of his political career.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by krixik(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2013
In as much as the widow violated the law the Governor should have had compassion on her. After all our President granted Alams a state pardon. It was not even the woman's fault after all if the politicians have done the right thing instead of looting our treasury that woman may not be hustling. Go and die is too offensive and the Governor should remember that a justified cry of a widow moves God. He should go and apologize to the poor widow or God will teach him that He is Husband to widows. Who ever that will reach should do so before it is too late.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 29, 2013
myola:
Don't forget it is not everybody that can afford shops and startup capital. Moreover if u watch dat video clip u will discover dat that woman was not hawking but might be dropped @ a presumed bus stop. D question is who are we turning our city to megacity for.

I've been waiting for someone to bring up this "not everyone can raise capital". True but that's why we need more SMEs so that people who cannot raise capital can work for other SMEs, save and raise capital. Not create your own hawking jobs that kills the competition and drive the economy to a crashing crescendo.

I may not be always right, no one has all the answers but I would appreciate if Nigerians engage in a healthy debate without the insults and tantrums.

That's uncivilised and undemocratic. Thank you for being democratic.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by myola(m): 7:44am On Nov 29, 2013
pmc01: I know many will disagree with my stand, but I still make bold to state my view to the matter.

While the Governor be scolded for letting his emotions get the better of him, it is really provoking that someone comes up with the cheap excuse of 'being a poor widow' to do what is wrong. It is obvious the woman was fully aware of the wrong she was engaged in, hence the struggle to bail herself out with an emotional excuse of being a struggling widow.

The woman was not willing to accept responsibility for her actions, and that might have really gotten on the nerves of the Governor (he is human too). From comments read, some people have attested to the man's humility and all that, so it is only fair to give him the excuse that he was really provoked. Of course, it is obvious he meant the statement figuratively (even though it seems he went too far than expected of him).

I also wish to state here that we should put a hold on our emotions and judge this matter rationally. It is normal that anyone guilty of a crime would seek to exonerate himself/herself, but does that justify the crime? There are many poor widows all over (assuming she is truly a widow) that do not stay on the wrong side of the law and give room to this kind of embarrassing scenario, so what is the fuss about? Every offender could claim to be a widow, widower, orphan, e.t.c., should they all then be pitied and the society allowed to become chaotic?

Fact is the Governor was harsh, but the woman gave room for that. She was simply trying to blackmail the Governor into setting a bad precedence and the man had to take a firm and resolute decision, having in mind that the people he employed to enforce the law were watching to see whether he will compromise or not. She should just have admitted her fault and plead for mercy, rather than play the emotional card. The truth is everyone in that state will now be on their toes and be more inclined to obey the law strictly, to avoid been a 'scape-goat'. We know how Nigerians have to be 'forced' to do what's right.

It is sad that indiscipline has become a way of life for us here and so many supposedly enlightened ones here have decided to approach this matter with emotional sentiments, rather than an objective outlook.

What is wrong is wrong, widow or no widow!

N.B.: Whoever thinks I am here to defend my 'principal' is on his or her own. I am not responsible for your wrong perception of me. Thank you!

Bros. Try & watch dat video clip attentively. May be u will change ur mind.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by GeneralJ(m): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2013
fatwallet: grin grin grin grin grin grin take it easy dear.

below are photos of how an Ideal Nigerian and black man and girl should look like. clean Healthy skin
yeah you're a top of the notch i.diot
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Jman06(m): 7:50am On Nov 29, 2013
bokohalal:
If that be the case then the woman gets my sympathy. If however she was street trading when caught,she should go and die.
even if the woman was trading in the street,is that enough reason for her to 'go and die'? If this woman had been caught stealing,everybody would have condemned her. But her only offence was struggling for survival and this heartless governor wanted her to go and die. Anyway let me spare myself some strenght because i trust Karma to do her job very soon. You can't wish a poor widow death and expect to live.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / Tinubu’s House Under Tight Security As Ambode’s Supporters Storm Ikoyi. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.