Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83243 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Ediss(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
hmmmm God help me to help the poor o embarassed
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by PBundles(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ok I get it I think, but ............Havent the politicians also broken the law with their year in year out looting. I mean really, is this woman and her coherts the reason why we are not suceeding, really roadside sellers. If he and the rest of the government went at those looters they way he is going at these guys we wont be in the situation we are in, but I guess its easy to push around poor folk knowing they can do squat. Why doeesnt he use the same vigor to get back the funds that Lucky I. looted the state, No heart now huh. Like you said, its just that plain and simple.[size=22pt]

pDude: [b][size=22pt]Stop selling on the streets and littering the roads with filth!! It is that simple!! The governor is only doing his job. The woman broke the law. Plain and simple. [/size]

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2013

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by donphilopus: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
jmaine:

Bookmarked . . . . . .Hoping this view is balanced when it involves another party . . . . cool
Sure! It depends.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by monie(f): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
The woman wasn't selling on the streets or pavement, she was waiting for a bus to take her home. She sells the stuff at home, and the government deperate to make an example outa her didn't even consider her. She even said we normally wait for buses here. To say am angry is stating the obvious, people are suffering and have their own problems, and the government makes it worst everyday. This isn't the first time something like this is happening, I have witnessed countless cruelty from his boys, now him? Gosh

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by coogar: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Living Soul34: I'm highly disappointed,,, why on earth will a gov tell his subject (a widow for that matter) to go and die in the name of enforcing the law; for whose betterment is he enforcing the law? Just look at the way he pocketed his hands; that's pride that goes before a fall... I respect Oshimole but today he goofed by that unguarded statement coded with pride and arrogance... Come to think of it, that is somebody's mother kneeling before you and you as a former labor leader who should have heart for the down-trodden is telling her to go and die... You will die before that poor widow because from every indication you are older than her and your sins may even be more terrible than hers.

if any elected politician makes such an unguarded statement in the developed world, he would resign but this is nigeria where animals are in power.

useless governor - it's his collective failure as a governor that is making widows hawk on the streets of benin. if the woman had an easier choice, would she risk her life hawking on a motorway? if she enters a pröstitution ring, the society would blame her & yet they won't let her hawk her wares - why not just kill her then & put an end to her misery?

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
and this woman might be one of the people that voted him in!!! That woman is never a hawker, the goods are very much in tact(tear rubber)grin

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tbaba1234: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Wow! Just wow!!!

I wish I could get her contact details.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by anulaxad(m): 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
This has outraged me.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by silvercloud: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
sad. Clearly, the woman was in the wrong and shouldn't have been there, however there is a more excellent way of dealing with the situation. He should have kept mum and not been so harsh.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by kmariko: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
There are better ways to enforce the laws without insulting the poor woman. It wouldn't cost the governor anything by actually being polite to her and explaining to her why selling on the road is dangerous to her and others using the road.

Class is not really the food you eat but how you eat it.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by coogar: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

Coogar there are so many like her. I am sure all the things they seized from that woman is probably not up to N5k but that was most probably her livelihood. I was told that N2500 can feed a widow in the village for a month; It puts so much into perspective doesn't it?

My prayer is that I make a difference and that I have cause to put smiles on peoples faces not tears and I pray that God helps me.

Lord raise this widow and other widows up, and Lord raise helpers to help them and to be a source of joy to them Amen.

if there's a way i can reach that widow, i will definitely give her a token. no woman deserves to be treated in such a cruel manner.

it shall never be well with oshiomole....
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Kzealz(m): 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dats real bad
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by MomohLawal: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
validplanet:

i wonder.... check hw he signs death/execution warrants for condemned criminals. what happened to mercy and pity. is he really as brutal as his face appears?

So bad of the governor, for kneeling down bf the governor is enough to help the widow. The governor behavior is diminishing to the position he occupy. Let him oshiomole borrow a clue from TB JOSHUA and other good men of GOD who have help a lot of window from church purse.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is over-zealousness at it's very height and to show how distasteful his action was, the comments of APC supporters on this thread speaks volume. There are better ways to go about things like this. To think this is the same man that was supposedly fighting on the side of the masses when he was the president of NLC.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by jaso1(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

[size=16pt]You are a capital iddiot! Was man made for the road or the road made for man? Iddiot![/size]

Nigeria just can differentiate between rule, regulation and impunity.
Any country strugling for survival has no mercy for those who brake core laws, else it becomes precedential for subsequent offender. If the governor is to reconsider and pity the woman, not in the presense of those who enjoy braking laws and order ok.
Has things gone this bad for Nigerians to not know what government is all about? Whats happening to this country?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Forzap: 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
M Shocked!! Slip of d tongue embarassed
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Afam4eva(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
monie: The woman wasn't selling on the streets or pavement, she was waiting for a bus to take her home. She sells the stuff at home, and the government deperate to make an example outa her didn't even consider her. She even said we normally wait for buses here. To say am angry is stating the obvious, people are suffering and have their own problems, and the government makes it worst everyday. This isn't the first time something like this is happening, I have witnessed countless cruelty from his boys, now him? Gosh
That's not even the point. Even if she was selling in the middle of the road, his utterance is totally medieval and unacceptable. There are some things political administrators should never say. As if his countenance was not enough, he decided to spit such vile language on a human being let alone a widow.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by popingo(f): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
It is common among APC governors, i wish i could just fly to edo state and stone that his monkey face.
APC party is made up of the following set people.
Tinubu the Frog of Lagos state, alias (general commander)
Gen Buhari, hummm old man, he should go home and enjoy his pension.
Fashola, is working, PDP is watching quietly.
Adams monkeymole, he has got everything both in height, ugliness etc
Aliyu Babangida, the frog of Niger state.
Rotimi Amechi, i reserve my comment.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

if any elected politician makes such an unguarded statement in the developed world, he would resign but this is nigeria where animals are in power.

useless governor - it's his collective failure as a governor that is making widows hawk on the streets of benin. if the woman had an easier choice, would she risk her life hawking on a motorway? if she enters a pröstitution ring, the society would blame her & yet they won't let her hawk her wares - why not just kill her then & put an end to her misery?
in a developed world, that is the end of his political career and career in general and the security agent that was manhandling the lady will sure end up in a court.
Much like most labour leaders around the world, he is in it for himself and his family. It is disheartenening.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
any body supporting oshomole comment is against humanity

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tpia5: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
The lady should not have given him room to insult her.

Instead of continuing to plead, she should just have packed her stuff quietly and left when there was no sign anyone was listening.

This kind of thing is embarassing and we dont need more bad publicity for nigerian women especially now that a lot of other africans and non nigerians are trying to replace them.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by thegeorgy(f): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
i cant believe its oshiomole of all people thats sad.highly disappointed in him.i know he's doing his job but thats a poor widow mehn.*sad face* cry
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by coogar: 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
EBK2:
in a developed world, that is the end of his political career and career in general and the security agent that was manhandling the lady will sure end up in a court.
Much like most labour leaders around the world, he is in it for himself and his family. It is disheartenening.

but there should be women's groups in nigeria that fight for the welfare of nigerian women. someone should send this video to the minister of women affairs.....

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by chairman: 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
payless: That is very bad of the Governor. He needs to apologise.

This is what you get after 14 year rule of PDP.

I haven't cried in a long time, I had tears in my eyes this morning. I was pained seeing that lady. If anyone can find me the crying widow, I have a $500 for her to launch her business again.
but bros that gov is not pdp, he is apc
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by enigmang: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
I'm a god:
Even if it's mean the line must be drawn somewhere. I'm sure the must have warned them to stay clear of d streets.

YOU are a very big BAAAAASSSTTTAAARRRDD to support this… except you didn't watch the video…

How can an elected governor tell a widow " YOU ARE A WIDOW GO AND DIE" with all the cameras in front of him….

There is absolutely no justification for this…. he just provided the opposition with campaign weapons….

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by luvinhubby(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
adino: That woman is not a street trader, her goods were dropped from the vehicle on that place, and there is no way wheel-barrow can carry those goods from there due to the terrain.
She had to physically carry them over the pavement (the road is under reconstruction, mission road in Benin City) to the other side of the road before a wheel barrow can help her out.
If you listen very well to the video, you will hear her telling the Come-Raid Governor that a vehicle just dropped her there.
Oshom-Ole is apc and apc is Oshom-ole. When those of us from Edo state on this forum inform you that Oshomhole is not what propaganda has made you all to believe, you people thought that we are blind, bigoted and play politics with everything like the e-rats we have here.
Oshomhole has since lost my respect, he is a disgrace to Edo State.
This is the most callous and sadistic expression from a human`s mouth, talk less a leader, tufiakwa!!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by adexsimply(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:
The lady should not have given him room to insult her.

Instead of continuing to plead, she should just have packed her stuff quietly and left when there was no sign anyone was listening.

This kind of thing is embarassing and we dont need more bad publicity for nigerian women especially now that a lot of other africans and non nigerians are trying to replace them.
SMH

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Shine1177: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
They preach what they don't practice. What a mean man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives / Buhari’s Reaction When Small Doctor Told Him 'Stop Sleeping' (Video, Pix) / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59