Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Praising God Culturally - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praising God Culturally (2875 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Benefits Of Praising The Lord / What Are Your Reasons For Praising God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 2:09am On Jul 23, 2008
Thanks to you-tube- i have enjoyed some of our Nigerian gospel songs from there especially the traditional praise (eg Chioma Jesus by Sis Amaka Okwuoha) and war (eg Prince Gozie Okeke's) songs. Infact I liked them that I have placed my orders on them.

Whoever knows these musians and their likes should ask them to do more not forgetting Benin singers as well as others i may not have heard of.

As you commend them for praising God in our cultural way do advice (with love and respect) Mrs and Mr Njideka Okeke of Akanchawa (spelling error maybe) to stop mixing gospel songs with secular kissing and smooching. This un-African and un-Christian dance sends a contrasting message to viewers both adult and underage wholly equivocating the message. Imagine what picture and thoughts you will uncontrollably have when when you try to sing Mrs Njideka's after watching such smooches
Re: Praising God Culturally by Queenisha: 2:28am On Jul 23, 2008
fresh-B:

Thanks to you-tube- i have enjoyed some of our Nigerian gospel songs from there especially the traditional praise (eg Chioma Jesus by Sis Amaka Okwuoha) and war (eg Prince Gozie Okeke's) songs. Infact I liked them that I have placed my orders on them.

Whoever knows these musians and their likes should ask them to do more not forgetting Benin singers as well as others i may not have heard of.

As you commend them for praising God in our cultural way [b]do advice (with love and respect) Mrs and Mr Njideka Okeke of Akanchawa (spelling error maybe) to stop mixing gospel songs with secular kissing and smooching. This un-African and un-Christian dance sends a contrasting message to viewers both adult and underage wholly equivocating the message. Imagine what picture and thoughts you will uncontrollably have when when you try to sing Mrs Njideka's after watching such smooches[/b]

abeg I have their videos,where exactly do you see these smoochings? shocked shocked shocked
Un african and Unchrisian wetin?
You people have come again
Re: Praising God Culturally by Queenisha: 2:33am On Jul 23, 2008
Re: Praising God Culturally by Sisikill: 2:34am On Jul 23, 2008
fresh-B:

As you commend them for praising God in our cultural way do advice (with love and respect) Mrs and Mr Njideka Okeke of Akanchawa (spelling error maybe) to stop mixing gospel songs with secular kissing and smooching. This un-African and un-Christian dance sends a contrasting message to viewers both adult and underage wholly equivocating the message. Imagine what picture and thoughts you will uncontrollably have when when you try to sing Mrs Njideka's after watching such smooches

Please show us the videos so we can see the kissing and smooching ourselves. I find it very difficult to believe something like that wll be added to a Christian Song.
Re: Praising God Culturally by Sisikill: 2:47am On Jul 23, 2008
Queenisha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYNCK5Qrbq8

I watched the video and I didn't see kissing and smooching. The only thing close to anything was husband touching wife's face. Is that a sin now??!

If that is the thing making OP have carnal thoughts, then the problem is not with the singers but with  lipsrsealed
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 3:19am On Jul 23, 2008
Please do compare and contrast how lovely her "My Redeemer Liveth" in Nkwa praise part 1D in you-tube when she used to sing alone from the inside of her belly and the following ones where she picked her man; as captioned in you-tube " Idi Ebube Jehovah" (where there was serious smooches), "Onwu Ike Abughi My Portion" (where they husband nearly grabbed her boobs) and "Egwu Chukwu N'atu m"

Remember we arent talkin about Christina Aguilera. And we arent talkin about sin but about what mood youre helping worshippers create in God's Presence
Re: Praising God Culturally by Sisikill: 3:35am On Jul 23, 2008
fresh-B:

Please do compare and contrast how lovely her "My Redeemer Liveth" in Nkwa praise part 1D in you-tube when she used to sing alone from the inside of her belly and the following ones where she picked her man; as captioned in you-tube " Idi Ebube Jehovah", Onwu Ike Abughi My Portion (where they husband nearly grabbed her boobs) and Egwu Chukwu N'atu m

NEARLY is the operative word here, no? So there a slight chance is was slip of hand? From what I saw, they were both dancing and raising their hand in the air. Again, I find it highly unlikely handling her breast. . excuse me, nearly fondly her breast was deliberate but hey, maybe I'm just slow and I need things to be broken down for me crayola style like. . . real, no doubt in anyone's mind touching, smooching and kissing before believing.
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 3:44am On Jul 23, 2008
I do think that man sometimes choose not to call a spade a spade. We some times deny seeing anything even when we are watchin at the exact thing because we choose not to accept we see it
Re: Praising God Culturally by Queenisha: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2008
fresh-B:

Please do compare and contrast how lovely her "My Redeemer Liveth" in Nkwa praise part 1D in you-tube when she used to sing alone from the inside of her belly and the following ones where she picked her man; as captioned in you-tube " Idi Ebube Jehovah" (where there was serious smooches), "Onwu Ike Abughi My Portion" (where they husband nearly grabbed her boobs) and "Egwu Chukwu N'atu m"

Remember we arent talkin about Christina Aguilera. And we arent talkin about sin but about what mood youre helping worshippers create in God's Presence

My dear no now?
haba
where did you see these smoochings and grabbings.
I have that VCD in my home and we watch it very often and all I see is a man who adores his wife.
Are we watching the same video?
Re: Praising God Culturally by Queenisha: 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Vvk4P4CtY&feature=related

I actually spent time watching the "onwu ike abughi my portion" song where fresh B alleges the man almost grabbed the wife's boobs.
I didn't see anything that even comes close.
I saw him touch her face, unless she has her breasts on her face
Re: Praising God Culturally by rampant(f): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2008
even if d man kissed his wife nko?is she not his legal wife?they r praising God telling him how happy they r that he brought then together as husband and wife and some people dey kill tjheirselves

if it were to be an unmarried couple i go talk,but this pple r legally,traditonally,and lawfully married so what r we not talking about here
Re: Praising God Culturally by Queenisha: 12:31am On Jul 24, 2008
my sister na wa.
maybe she should have been wearing a burqua in the video
people sef
Re: Praising God Culturally by rampant(f): 12:43am On Jul 24, 2008
no mind am ,very soon i go soon enter video too grin by the time wey them go see oga dey kiss and smooch me,make i see who go come talk nonsense for here angry
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 2:08am On Jul 24, 2008
@ Queenisha

, and all I see is a man who adores his wife

Sorry i didnt realise you can adore your spouse and God at same time with worship melodies dedicated to God. Mixing the sacred with the unsacred. No wonder God praised King Solomon's dad for killing Bathsheba's. I didnt know Uriah was unwise for stayin away from his wife durin His sacred time to God.

@ Rampant

no mind am ,very soon i go soon enter video too   by the time wey them go see oga dey kiss and smooch me,make i see who go come talk nonsense for here 

if your medicine is finished ring your gp please. explain to him how urgent and vitally important it is for you to receive the pack within 2hours, but do remember to sound nice not rude.
Re: Praising God Culturally by rampant(f): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2008
fresh-B:

@ Rampant

if your medicine is finished ring your gp please. explain to him how urgent and vitally important it is for you to receive the pack within 2hours, but do remember to sound nice not rude.

i wonder who needs drugs here?u or me?its u of course , you're busy envying another man and his wife ,two people who r so much inlove wt eachother,all because u fail to meet up d requirements of a good lover not to talk of husband,if u so much lack in that area say so,and lets know how to help u,instead of coming here and critising two people who r on their rights here

both r both married in the eyes of God and u r here killing urself,all dis enemy of progress pple sef,d man is proud to show of his wife in public and u r here trying to hit ur head on ur keyboard,grow up man ,u r still a child smiley
Re: Praising God Culturally by 74071688(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2008
@Rampant

You are at the centre of a muck down again?

u no dey tire?!haha
Re: Praising God Culturally by rampant(f): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2008
Bleep-NL:

@Rampant

You are at the centre of a muck down again?

u no dey tire?!haha

my brother i dey my own ,just come reply thread ,person use him craw craw hand type rubbish
Re: Praising God Culturally by 74071688(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2008
haha grin

stay away from naysayers, you would be the one to pay the price with a ban and that is why nairaland rules suck!! grin
Re: Praising God Culturally by rampant(f): 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2008
Bleep-NL:

haha grin

stay away from naysayers, you would be the one to pay the price with a ban and that is why nairaland rules suck!! grin

abi ooo,dats y u r a darling kiss
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ Rampant

both r both married in the eyes of God and you're here killing yourself,all this enemy of progress people sef,d man is proud to show of his wife in public and you're here trying to hit your head on your keyboard,grow up man ,you're still a child

when boys are growin up and have met a girl they feel they have arrived and could do what their fathers do and even more. when constructive statement is being rude, gettin to the age of wisdom becomes almost impossible.

my brother i dey my own ,just come reply thread ,person use him craw craw hand type rubbish

when babys wash their bellies they refuse their guardians to bath them because they claim they can now fly. when a boy thinks he can defend himself cheekily then drops into same pits as his friends
Re: Praising God Culturally by rampant(f): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2008
fresh-B:

@ Rampant

when boys are growin up and have met a girl they feel they have arrived and could do what their fathers do and even more. when constructive statement is being rude, gettin to the age of wisdom becomes almost impossible.

when babys wash their bellies they refuse their guardians to bath them because they claim they can now fly. when a boy thinks he can defend himself cheekily then drops into same pits as his friends

what a pitiful brain,go get yourself a wife,im sure by d time u come back we will all pay heed to u wink till then ,au revoir
Re: Praising God Culturally by ifyalways(f): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2008
That akanchawa video is OK
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2008
the songs are themselves kool. I don't know if theyre called akanchawa but i have given their captions as seen on youtube

The problem is that you don't dance to God as where you romantically dance Christina. There should be a boundary in everything. the onyinbo culture we follow intoxicates us too much tha we lose our culture and respect for the sacred. even the onyinbo wouldnt dance it like that when it hss to do with God
Re: Praising God Culturally by ifyalways(f): 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2008
fresh-B:

the songs are themselves kool. I don't know if theyre called akanchawa but i have given their captions as seen on youtube

The problem is that you don't dance to God as where you romantically dance Christina. There should be a boundary in everything. the onyinbo culture we follow intoxicates us too much tha we lose our culture and respect for the sacred. even the onyinbo wouldnt dance it like that when it hss to do with God

uhm.
i hope they wud get to read this sha undecided why not post a comment right there at You-tube?it might help you get your message to the ppl its meant for.
i get you small sha,moderation and decency is the key . wink
Re: Praising God Culturally by Sisikill: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2008
rampant:

even if d man kissed his wife nko?is she not his legal wife?they r praising God telling him how happy they r that he brought then together as husband and wife and some people dey kill tjheirselves

if it were to be an unmarried couple i go talk,but this people r legally,traditonally,and lawfully married so what r we not talking about here

EXACTLY!!

It's insulting to compare this video to the shake shake bang bang videos on MTV and BET.

The man touched her face! Her Husband oh. . . he touched her face. What are we waiting for now, maybe we should stone them to death.

Jeebus! Someone needs to take a chill pill.
Re: Praising God Culturally by Sisikill: 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2008
fresh-B:

@ Queenisha

Sorry i didnt realise you can adore your spouse and God at same time with worship melodies dedicated to God. Mixing the sacred with the unsacred.

I'm not understanding anymore oh.

Sacred and unscared??!

I bet you are one of the people who say marriage is ordained from God. You probably say go on and on about the sanctity of marriage. . . so why is it suddenly unsacred??!

Again, he touched her face, they didn't have sex. . . He TOUCHED HER FACE!!!

What is going on here?
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2008
Actually i thought Nigeria reads things posted here than youtube. I personally didnt like their system not only because of being unok for worship but other gospel musians want to try it. once the boundary is broken the worst begins to happen. yet people will claim it isnt wrong. one good example is the swearing word of "nigger" and f words. boys learnt from American movies. now they use it as a kool word without knowing anythin about them. infact a pastor used this same f word on the pulpit in Nigeria. when this same word is offensive in the other parts of the world.

Wen Britain broken the boundary by sparing the rod, what happened. now no atom of respect from children especially thos teens from poor homes. Its all killings now. infact there was about 7death from stabbin within 24hours at one point. this is normally Black because when they borrow uncultural acts they ingnorantly execute them to the optimum. thou shall not spank. but those big onyinbos that make such laws spank thats why their children have understanding and common sense

drivin this home. where Nigerian Churches follow suit Njideka's, the Chuch service will be no different from the cuban night out. think of where the Church sees that?
Re: Praising God Culturally by rampant(f): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2008
Sisikill:

I'm not understanding anymore oh.

Sacred and unscared??!

I bet you are one of the people who say marriage is ordained from God. You probably say go on and on about the sanctity of marriage. . . so why is it suddenly unsacred??!

Again, he touched her face, they didn't have sex. . . He TOUCHED HER FACE!!!

What is going on here?  

my dear pls ask for me ooooo,her husband i mean her own God given husband touched her and sm pple think its a crime

some pple like turning the bible upside down,or is marriage not ordained by God again in the bible?

haba
Re: Praising God Culturally by Sisikill: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2008
fresh-B:

Actually i thought Nigeria reads things posted here than youtube. I personally didnt like their system not only because of being unok for worship but other gospel musians want to try it. once the boundary is broken the worst begins to happen. yet people will claim it isnt wrong. one good example is the swearing word of "nigger" and f words. boys learnt from American movies. now they use it as a kool word without knowing anythin about them. infact a pastor used this same f word on the pulpit in Nigeria. when this same word is offensive in the other parts of the world.

Wen Britain broken the boundary by sparing the rod, what happened. now no atom of respect from children especially thos teens from poor homes. Its all killings now. infact there was about 7death from stabbin with 24hours at one point. this is normally Black because when they borrow uncultural acts they ingnorantly execute them to the optimum. thou shall spank. but those big onyinbos that make such laws spank thats why their children have understanding and common sense

drivin this home. where Nigerian Churches folow suit Njideka's, the Chuch service will be no different from the cuban night out. think of where the Church sees that?
shocked shocked
Lawd-a-mercy

You are comparing the consequences of a HUSBAND TOUCHING HIS WIFE'S FACE to that of saying the F word and murder??

*looks around*

Is. . . is this the twilight zone?

Somebody Pinch me please.
Re: Praising God Culturally by Sisikill: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2008
rampant:

my dear please ask for me ooooo,her husband i mean her own God given husband touched her and sm people think its a crime

some people like turning the bible upside down,or is marriage not ordained by God again in the bible?

haba

I'll take your Haba and raise it 3 times

Haba! Haba!! Haba!!!

This is unreal!
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2008
do you read and digest or read and shout?

you are given instances of wha happens when the boundary of something is broken. but it does seems you do not understand wha a boundary is
Re: Praising God Culturally by freshB2: 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2008
it suddenly unsacred??!

if you learned from Uriah when he refused to go to his home let alone sleepin with his wife eventhough he was off the war zone, or David when he danced alone in front of the Ark of God, or the Isrealites seperation from their wives during Sacred functions, then you would know that when you are in God's Presence everything outside His Presence becomes unsacred including you. Thats why you are purged from everything flesh by His Fire in His Presence.

Note: if you don't really know and are unable to differentiate between God's Presence and man's presence, please stop replyin because the replies tell your inside

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Play Lottery? / Azusa Street Revival Prophecy(1913). / Check Out 2015 Prophecies By Prophet Wale Olagunju And Its Acccuracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.