Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole (20074 Views)

Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / Governor Oshiomhole And Wife Iara / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by deletrue: 12:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija: Widow or no widow.
The instructions/rules/ law was simple enough.
Why can't Nigerians obey simple instructions?
Why do we behave like animal?

From overloaded lorries,
To drunk unlicensed driver,
To roadside traders encroaching on the highway ,
Siren blaring bigman aka stupid politicians.

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

Poverty is not an excuse.
Neither should the law develop eyes because she is a WIDOW.

The government is doing the job it was elected to do and our
Uncivilised people are talking about MERCY .
Yes ,the language was bad
But he had to personally set an example.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,
THIS WOMAN HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO COURT ,HEAVILY FINED AND HER GOODS SIEZED .
WHEN DID IT BECOME A CRIME TO ENFORCE THE LAW?

I want you to remember this your thread today. He for good if I know your age. but nevertheless, no condition is permanant. One day, circumstances will also force you to beg like that woman, then you will know how enforcement of law is. May God bless you.
One thing. Is this same APC that you belong to that has so entered your brain, taken over all the nuts, so much so that you are completely useless?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by obyrich(m): 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
One question I keep asking is ' why are Nigerian laws so mercilessly enforced on the poor and downtrodden? Can Oshiomole's appologists on this forum cite just one example where this 'action governor' enforced laws so vehemently against the rich and prominent in the state. Don't the rich transgress the law?

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
i am still waiting for osho's response to this..... i love you comrade but that was too hard. tears
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Psychedelia(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Please, spare us your regional exceptionalist delusions, you rambling nitwit.

Before you typed this crap epistle, did you even bother verifying your facts?

The woman was NOT hawking anything, but had dropped at that road (Mission Road) with her wares, waiting to pick a taxi that would convey her to her final destination. Oshiomhole the orangutan, overzealous and ever willing to convince outsiders he was a working governor, used her as his scapegoat.
Judging from the volume of goods in her possession, only an iddiot would mistake her for a road-side hawker. Even the road in question is under construction, so to whom would she be hawking her wares?

Apply wisdom when talking next time. Or better still, shut the phuck up entirely.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Danhumprey: 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sijo01:

Now that you know, ask your state governor if he's willing to adopt me. am porting out of this state asap. embarassed
On behalf of the governor of the acclaimed Land of Promise, a.k.a Land of Failure,I humbly welcome you to Always Income state. I hope you enjoy your stay. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by twizzy11(f): 12:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmm.....na God go help us in dis country!
JulianBond007: Here comes another deluded religious bigot! What has Jesus chasing traders in the temple got to do with Oshiomole telling a widow to go and die? Some people really need mental rehab before they comment on this forum.
. Shaking my head for you!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Truckpusher(m): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
James Lucia: let us always be constructive in our argument, d day was a sanitation day which every one is expected not to sell on d stipulated hours, but d widow was found hawking. remember obedience is better than sacrifice. what she did was not accident, it was planned i guess
Tell them because all they see is a highly placed governor oppressing an ordinary widow...unfortunately most of them know the truth,but will they retract their statement that was made under a blind assumption masked in ignorance? but will argue selfishly to shove it down our throat.....God pass them sha.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by chairman: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
igbeke:
quite pathetic. more pathetic is dat most APC e-warriors are already disowning him.
somtims i wonder wat life wud hv bn wud hav bn without God's mercy.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by adeyemik: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
ronalmagic10: Some of you are just plain silly! Watch the video again and tell me what she was selling by the roadside? All I saw were goods that were still packaged. I don't think she was trading anything there. I know the place ( mission rd) very well and there's construction of road there with soldiers around to guard the white men. Not only did he say, ' you are a widow, go and die!' but he also said, ' your husband is the type that kill people on the road'. He said the latter when the woman told him that her late husband was a policeman and he just died recently. The woman was not selling on the road. Fact. So what was her crime?

I'm sure the man died on duty and the family were not compensated. May God not let evil visit those of you supporting adams before you admit that he was very wrong. If you live in Benin, you will know that a lot of rubbish are just happening. I just don't have the strength to type

Well said my brother. Some people on this forum have eyes but cannot see, ears but cannot or refuse to hear. The woman was not selling by the road side neither was she hawking. In the video, she said the barrow or vehicle dropped her wares by the road side because it could not climb the pavement, and people had been told not to but anything on the pavement. Please listen and watch the video carefully. HABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Sijo01(f): 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Danhumprey: On behalf of the governor of the [b]acclaimed Land of Promise, a.k.a Land of Failure,[/b]I humbly welcome you to Always Income state. I hope you enjoy your stay. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

The devil governor/state I know is better than the angel Land of promise I don't know. cry
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Ukutsgp(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
ngozievergreen: Sb shd furnish me with the link to that video
girls so much like abbreviation. Waitin self.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by freecocoa(f): 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Truckpusher: The governor's choice of words was unruly,callous ,insensitive and just bad ,but the truth remains that Nigerians do not obey rules and i want to believe that the Governor isn't that daft or mad to see a helpless woman on the road side and started abusing her.

Nigerians don't like laws ,we want to live free like animals ,even the animals have rules and regulations.

I go out there everyday and i see people flouting rules as if they don't care and i'm sick of it .you all can cry ,but the message has been sent already ,it's just too bad that the words can't be justified ,but condemning the governor's action in it's entirety is equally a damaging precedent that we need to watch out for ,less we should encourage lawlessness while dreaming of sanity.
I still don't know where you stand, Nigerians like breaking laws, I'm not arguing that, I'm focusing on this singular case.

No law was broken by the woman, someone who is serving the masses shouldn't be so callous insensitive and classless. If there's anything to learn from this video, it is that our leaders don't really care about us.

I'm actually surprised that some people see no wrong in what the ugly mofo did. If someone commits a crime, why not deal with it in accordance with the law? Instead he chose to show how inhumane he is, smh.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by orasuyiefosa(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
nairaarea: My dear Comrade Governor, we do appreciate your sincere attempts at keeping Edo State clean. But sometimes, a little mercy works more than brute force. You told a poor widow to "go and die, because she flouted your rules against hawking on the road? If not that I watched that video, I would not have believed it...

She begged and begged and begged... Don't forget, we all are at God's mercy.

Please temper justice with mercy in exercising your duties. Please...

May God assist you in your daily discharge of this onerous responsibility. Amen

Rev. Fr. Kevin Anetor.

https://www.facebook.com/Chillouty2j/posts/722451441118035?comment_id=7802859&offset=0&total_comments=30&notif_t=feed_comment_reply
this Rev.Fr.Kevin Anetor must be a PDP man....Oshiomhole is still the best governor edo has ever had.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by babajide4muyiwa: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
May the Lord forgive you

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Truckpusher(m): 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
freecocoa: I still don't know where you stand, Nigerians like breaking laws, I'm not arguing that, I'm focusing on this singular case.

No law was broken by the woman, someone who is serving the masses shouldn't be so callous insensitive and classless. If there's anything to learn from this video, it is that our leaders don't really care about us.

I'm actually surprised that some people see no wrong in what the ugly mofo did. If someone commits a crime, why not deal with it in accordance with the law? Instead he chose to show how inhumane he is, smh.
Aren't we saying the same thing?
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by deletrue: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija:

Heartless?
No,
I am a lover of law and order and,
There is an economic side to this argument.
What about the widow who borrowed money from loan sharks to rent a shop at a ridiculous interest rate,pays taxes and is being undercut ?
People selling illegally by the roadside are daily undercutting those inside the market and car parks.
While those in the market pay daily taxes used to build roads ,bridges etc,
Those highway hustlers just get a free lunch.
A society without enforced rules and laws will simply whither and die.
The old Wild West around Texas had vengeance laws back in the days.
You kill my father , I kill you full stop.
The laws may look barbaric now but they were good enough to enforce order.
The choice of words by the governor was bad.
All agreed .
But his action was right on the dough .
THE LAW SIMPLY HAS TO BE BLIND.
you cannot take your jagbanjatise to the middle of Times Square and trlalsfagar square and start frying akara.
MY BET IS YOUR BUTTS WILL BE FRYING THAT AKARA IN LONG ISLAND PRISON BEFORE THE END OF THE NIGHT.

The lack of law and order is responsible for the present state of the country.
People pick and chose which laws to obey and which laws to break.
What is the difference between this woman and igbinedion.
If you are confortable with this civil crime ,then you are confortable with more serious crimes.
This is the very reason why igbinedion walked away with a slap on the wrist and ,
You are advocating the same for this woman.
You know the reason why nigeria is shitas?

YOU
S.tupid boy you are. Do you know that smoking weeds and taking hard drugs is also an offence? Would you ever deny that your governor smoke as many weeds as possible every day? just take a close look at him, does he look or appear as normal human being? Does he not look like some one who hasn't eaten for weeks? Have you also counted the number of out cries and responses to your thread and your governor? Are these reactions not showing how updawn you are with your governor? Don't worry, time shall tell.
Remember Fashola deportation issues that made Ngige to loose the Anambra election? Again, time shall tell.
We will donate towards her up keep. You will be ashamed.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Gbabe2: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
oga i beg.Get the facts right before saying rubbish here on nairaland.Did you see the video at all?she was not selling those items there.I have seen the video more than 7 times.
Here in Baltimore Maryland where i live,born African American sell water and all sorts on the streets,by intersection (red lights) during summer.Do police go after them?and yet they are not seen to be second class citizens?
these poor folks do take sub way and sell stuffs on the train anytime.
I am not saying that is the best way but guy the approach was very disrespectful,humiliating and demeaning.''WIDOWS ARE NOT WELCOMED IN OUR SOCIETY"
Have you heard of an illegal (Korean by birth) that heckled Obama during his speech recently all because he was trying to communicate something to the President?Was he killed or deported?NO.
Our leaders and people in authority should learn how to address people.Without us (citizens) they cant be leaders (thief).
There are better and refined way of dealing with situations in life.
I commend the widow that she had the effrontery to stay and beg the former labor leader to no avail.
He himself will beg oneday and not be heard.

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by WINDSOW(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Kanwulia: If you were in a CIVILIZED foreign country. . . will you flout the laws of the land and tell the world you are a 'WIDOW'? grin
Who gives a phock if you are a widow or JESUS CHRIST?
In as much as I do not like A.O. in his infinite UGLINESS multiplied by the highest power. . . .NIGERIANS SHOULD BE DISGRACED MORE OFTEN TO THE GREATEST DEPTHS OF HUMILITY(if they are capable of such feelings)

All I can see is the over-killing of a fly with a sledge-hammer. . . . !

Only in a 10TH WORLD dungeon of a country will you see such low-grade theatrics!
Boring SHYTE!!!!

O HOLY-NWENJE REVEREND. . . do yAsEf a favor and SHAT THE PHOCK UP! kiss

Dnt bring †ђξ name of Jesus into this derrogating issue.Is that understood?Nonsense!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Ukutsgp(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
cramjones:

This is why there is little hope for development in Nigeria. We all want Nigeria to be like America, the UK and other developed nations. If everyone claim to be widows and hawk on the streets against the laws what do you want the governor to do? Have mercy based on excuses.? Granted his statements were not the best...but wait a minute we all flip out when we are angry. Nigerians are too religious bring...everything they will quote the scriptures or Quran. A society never develops like that. This has nothing to do with Mercy. Your Bible tells you to obey the law and respect authorities. If we continue like this Nigeria will Never develop.

i ask the question what do Nigerians want. You call for the arrest of a corrupt minister (odua) people say it is ethnic victimization. El-Ruai demololishes houses that are blocking sewers and are out of the master plan...Nigerians call him devil...Nuhu Ribadu jails proven corrupt people, they say it is political witch hunt. I have no doubt that Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they have...For 90% of Nigerians to crucify Oshiomole for simply trying to make his state rid of all the rot and road side hawkers that stains the beauty of the city. Your open letter is nothing but rubbish! We should learn to obey the law and leave sentiments or widow or widower aside. We can't continue like this as a nation or the Nation is destined to sink!
so what do u want those widows to do? All those hawking to feed are doing what they can to survive. Is the governor nt seeing them? Are there jobs in benin. Is benin nt a pitiable state?
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Richmondee: 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

My guy, you are too much. grin

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by eluquenson(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Truckpusher: The governor's choice of words was unruly,callous ,insensitive and just bad ,but the truth remains that Nigerians do not obey rules and i want to believe that the Governor isn't that daft or mad to see a helpless woman on the road side and started abusing her.

Nigerians don't like laws ,we want to live free like animals ,even the animals have rules and regulations.

I go out there everyday and i see people flouting rules as if they don't care and i'm sick of it .you all can cry ,but the message has been sent already ,it's just too bad that the words can't be justified ,but condemning the governor's action in it's entirety is equally a damaging precedent that we need to watch out for ,less we should encourage lawlessness while dreaming of sanity.

You sound more like a LASTMA staff undecided
Or do you work for CBD cheesy cos I dnt think you apply your senses when responding to comments
I know people like you
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by WINDSOW(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
On behalf of †ђξ widow,‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ command OSHIOMOLE †Φ go and RUST.Bastard!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by kingbang: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2013

Mr man stop blabbing up and down and answer the lady's question. Was the widow hawking? The answer is a capital NO!!! Secondly, people in public offices must be held accountable for their utterances. Oshiomole failed it here.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
angry
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
Shebi na Naija, I've bin expecting dis open letter. .
Ur joblessness get ph.D
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by MomohLawal: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal
bad behaviour

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Mr man, you don't understanding the point people are making here, why should a governor who is a
leader say such a barbaric word to that woman, Go and die. That is to tell u that the governor is irresponsible
and that he don't care about, whatever happen to the people he governor. I expect him the governor to instruct
the officer to find a better alternative for the woman immediately he heard that the woman is a widow.

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by mightycrown: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija

Widow or no widow.

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

u are not only heartless but also lack space for heart in u. meaning that artificial heart
would not even find a space to fit in.
mr/ms saint that has not broken law for once. did occur to you that if these looters
we call leaders abide by the law of the land and refused to loot our treasuries but use our resources
to put necessary things in place this widow will not choose to hawking? or do you think she was happy hawking in the sun?
if it is well with you today and have everything at your disposal give glory to God and never call the person that is not privileged to have a lazy man.

how many of these looters and murderers have been punished for their crime against God and humanity ? Good number of them are walking freely on our soil, what do you say about that.
abeg I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Jazz247: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
We voted a sadist as Governor, this is the height of executive rascality. Imagine a Governor who is Harvard trained, to speak these way in the public to a widow? Am sorry for this egocentric ruler who parades himself as a former labour leader and an activist. I can now understand why OBJ detest him.Comrade, I believe you've seen the good,the bad, and the ugly in life . Why do you decide to throw away civility to the gutters.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by panyam: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

is this the comrade himself? shocked
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by stephenobuks(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
As a leader you have to be deciplined at all time....the law is fixed and offenders should be punished be it ur family member or so....well done ...
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by stephenobuks(m): 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
As a leader you have to be deciplined at all time....the law is fixed and offenders should be punished be it ur family member or so....well done ...

But He shouldn't have used such words on the Woman
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by freecocoa(f): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Truckpusher: Aren't we saying the same thing?
I don't think we are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Chieftain, Others Defect To PDP In Bayelsa / Morocco: Jonathan An Exporter Of Conflict- Buhari / FG To Raise Fuel Price To N130

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.