Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,469 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole (20053 Views)

Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / Governor Oshiomhole And Wife Iara / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Danhumprey: 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sijo01:

The devil governor/state I know is better than the angel Land of promise I don't know. cry
Okay,on behalf of the governor and long-suffering people of Akwa Ibom state,I humbly welcome you. Enjoy your stay. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by TheLastNazgul(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
There are some things I can't quite understand. The reactions of a number of Nairalanders is just mind boggling and beats me. When did standing by the roadside and waiting for the arrival of a bus or any other means of transport become a crime? Is that what hawking is? Have your senses eluded you? Do people sell goods wrapped up or packaged? It's pretty obvious not a few of you are in dire need of eye surgery. Some of you are I.diots and conscienceless dolts. What nonsense! You don't just open your mouth and spew drivel. I am all for people obeying laws, but, I am yet to see the law this woman flouted. I stand to be corrected. I live in Edo state and to the best of my knowledge, no such law exists.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by delors(m): 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
collynzo2: What a miserable letter.
From what I saw in that video, that woman wasn't hawking. I mean, How can we say she was hawking when all the goods she had were all packed in cartons like she was just coming from a shopping for sale but waiting by the road side.
Even if the woman was guilty, that doesnt make her a criminal. Even the 19yr Boston terrorist caught few months back in the States wasnt treated like an animal. He still was treated with respect by the military guys after the caught him...compared to this learned illiterate called Oshiomole...Even his English is confusing...looks uncultured...Power drunk agabya!

Dr Rev Francis abi wetin be that Eze the Letter Writer name, if I talk say make God slap you now, dem go talk say we too wicked....mumu person like you.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by TheLastNazgul(m): 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
stephenobuks: As a leader you have to be deciplined at all time....the law is fixed and offenders should be punished be it ur family member or so....well done ...
. I had half the mind to hurl a few insults your way but I won't cos I'm pretty sure you didn't watch the video but you went ahead join the bandwagon of people commenting because you couldn't suppress the urge to comment. Kindly subscribe for data, watch the video and modify your post.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by TechWalker007: 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
@Agbameta and bloggernaija with all those who share the same callousness:

If you haven't watched the video please do. The woman is not a hawker, she went to buy goods and was waiting for vehicle to move her stuffs.

Go to 1.38. The woman said "na here motor dey carry us".
She obviously was waiting for a vehicle to take her goods and not a street hawker like you would have us believe on this thread.
The goods were in cartons sealed. They are also NOT PRODUCT YOU HAWK IN THE STREETS, watch the video again.

For the benefit of doubt, let's agree she was hawking, it still does not justify an elected governor telling her "you are a widow, go and die!"

If it's not Nigeria, Oshiomole would be in court and would have been forced to resign as we speak.

Do you know cyber bullying is already a crime? How much more an elected state governor telling a widow to go and die!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Decentdamsel(f): 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
hmmmmm
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by mazizitonene(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
JulianBond007: Here comes another deluded religious bigot! What has Jesus chasing traders in the temple got to do with Oshiomole telling a widow to go and die? Some people really need mental rehab before they comment on this forum.
GO AND DIE!!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Truckpusher(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
kingbang:

Mr man stop blabbing up and down and answer the lady's question. Was the widow hawking? The answer is a capital NO!!! Secondly, people in public offices must be held accountable for their utterances. Oshiomole failed it here.
It was Edo state scheduled sanitation day......do you still feel she acted right by not going for the sanitation?....you don't just watch videos and conclude without knowing the source of the whole bruhaha.

The governor got it wrong with the utterances ,but the truth of the matter was that she was clearly violating a rule,how many times has this occured? This is where you folks get it wrong all the time always working with half information.Remove this wool of sentiment from your eyes and figure out the bigger picture....smh
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Truckpusher(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
eluquenson:

You sound more like a LASTMA staff undecided
Or do you work for CBD cheesy cos I dnt think you apply your senses when responding to comments
I know people like you
Imbe undecided...I DO NOT NEED A SOOTHSAYER TO TELL ME THAT YOU'RE AN EEDIOT sad
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Truckpusher(m): 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
freecocoa: I don't think we are.
Whatever. All you see was a poor widow and a Governor(richman) the rest of the story doesn't count?

Must we accept lawlessness just for our own sentimental gratification?...besides the Governor isn't a mad man....think,it's free my dear.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
'Go and die' is an appropriate response.It could also have been 'Shove it' or 'Go to hell'.I can't hold brief for someone who breaks a law and starts pleading the devil/widowhood/my oga na police o.How do I know she's nt doing the honourable Nigerian thing to do-lying to cover up a crime.If you can criticise Oduah,criticise this woman too,afterall Oduah's an orphan.And don't criticise Oshiomhole,he's afterall a widower.Funny people,social media people.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by ehibia(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
bloggernaija: Widow or no widow.
The instructions/rules/ law was simple enough.
Why can't Nigerians obey simple instructions?
Why do we behave like animal?

From overloaded lorries,
To drunk unlicensed driver,
To roadside traders encroaching on the highway ,
Siren blaring bigman aka stupid politicians.

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

Poverty is not an excuse.
Neither should the law develop eyes because she is a WIDOW.

The government is doing the job it was elected to do and our
Uncivilised people are talking about MERCY .
Yes ,the language was bad
But he had to personally set an example.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,
THIS WOMAN HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO COURT ,HEAVILY FINED AND HER GOODS SIEZED .
WHEN DID IT BECOME A CRIME TO ENFORCE THE LAW?

You are right BUT MUST HE SAY "GO AND DIE?" Thats wrong
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Emelcee: 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Adams Oshogorilla is heartless, I didn't expect such words from him. He should expand the road and create employment for those hawkers. If they start to list the cleanest state in Nigeria now, Edo State won't make TOP5. That man is wicked, God just revealed his hidden wickedness to his people in the public. Oshomole travel to Uyo,n u will see good roads and hawkers, goto Calaber, u will see good roads and Hawkers, goto PH, u will see same, and those states are far better than Edo. I wish I can sue this man for harassing and embarrassing that poor woman.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Emelcee: Adams Oshogorilla is heartless, I didn't expect such words from him. He should expand the road and create employment for those hawkers. If they start to list the cleanest state in Nigeria now, Edo State won't make TOP5. That man is wicked, God just revealed his hidden wickedness to his people in the public. Oshomole travel to Uyo,n u will see good roads and hawkers, goto Calaber, u will see good roads and Hawkers, goto PH, u will see same, and those states are far better than Edo. I wish I can sue this man for harassing and embarrassing that poor woman.
@Emelcee,Ur lies are legion.There are now very beautiful roads in Edo State.So now,Go and Die!
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

The next minute ,they will start complaining about bad government disregarding the fact that the government is mirroring our own personal bad behaviour.

MY TAKE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE SO ISED TO LAWLESSNES THAT IT HAS BECOME THE BEW NORMAL.

NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WESTERN REGION AND THE MIDWEST,
WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Ahh you don go talk pass your mouth oo. cheesy cheesy Them go begin call you heartless and son of devil now.. Watch!! grin
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by sochijioke(m): 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
People are using their poor situation to ruin ones administration
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
nairaarea: My dear Comrade Governor, we do appreciate your sincere attempts at keeping Edo State clean. But sometimes, a little mercy works more than brute force. You told a poor widow to "go and die, because she flouted your rules against hawking on the road? If not that I watched that video, I would not have believed it...

She begged and begged and begged... Don't forget, we all are at God's mercy.

Please temper justice with mercy in exercising your duties. Please...

May God assist you in your daily discharge of this onerous responsibility. Amen

Rev. Fr. Kevin Anetor.

https://www.facebook.com/Chillouty2j/posts/722451441118035?comment_id=7802859&offset=0&total_comments=30&notif_t=feed_comment_reply
@Rev Whatever u are,I disagree with you.A poor woman flouts a law,she is punished by the boss of the state,you say that's wrong.I'm a Catholic.There's always retribution for misdeeds.I hope you agree with me.I live in Benin-City,I'm taxed heavily monthly to repair/clean mountains of refuse left on our roads by these hawkers.I also have a right to complain.Should I sue this woman for the waste of my taxes?No.Just because she's a widow.But I'm a poor man and my money's wasting because of her.As for the 'go and die',u can't start claiming what u r not after committing a crime against the state.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Asabeq(f): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Like your Igbotic life undecided
You were expecting long grammar like one of your pastors would have done abi

collynzo2: What a miserable letter.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Johnsinia(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
My people be careful bc God wil judge every actions and reactions. Actions like those who directly or indirectly committed a crime or those with a heartless and careless words. Reactions like those who support directly or indirectly the actions of those above.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by fidsen: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Rubbish letter. angryRubbish letter.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Nja147: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oshiobaba, Please come back to Jamaica. these Nigerian don't know you belong to us. Rude boy governor. you have done well man. Jah Rastafarian
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by rexbuton: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Many people attacking him have never been to benin city. During lucky igbinedion's regime, The state was dirty, corrupt, unruly and murderous. Igbinedion did not complete even one capital project on his own. Adams comes in, begins massive construction and rehabilitation of roads and structures. He constructed roads leading to those rural areas, even in the opposition held edo central.. When elections come What happens? These same edo central people massively vote pdp, just because they want their son to be governor.. All These development came at a cost... He banned roadside trading, illegal car parking, roadside touting and heavy taxation. The taxes are used to fund The constructions, since lucky and his pdp thugs left The state in penury. The people began to complain about tax, even When they could see development like street lights, double traffic lights on every major road, and benin has one of The largest number of roads and adjoining streets in The country.. The beautification of ring road and The linking roads was being undone by The same people he was working for. Bus drivers would reverse on top of kerbs and destroy The potted flowers, these stupid hawkers would hawk their wares and throw The garbage into The newly constructed drains, I even had to confront a woman who was disposing corn cobs into The drains.. The governor finally outlawed road side trading and car parking... If You go to ringroad as I speak, you'd still see these hawkers selling rice and foodstuff just by The road, is this right? Would You have prefered that The woman be locked up? These are The same people that Would come out tomorrow and vote pdp, just because of tribal issues.. Being a widow doesn't permit You to break laws. Oshiomhole also has his shortcomings, his traffic police have become more of a nuisance than The opposition party, he should put a leash on those goons. The man has tried, he also solved The perennial flooding by constructing a central water channel ' storm water project'... Did lucky do all these ? So When I see people come here to abuse a Good man, It hurts me.. Because we voted for him, we protested and rioted for him, we marched under The sun to attend tribunal sittings, some of us even died in The struggle! When I was still in The country, we saw his works and appreciated them, please do same. For those who do not know, oshiomhole is a widower ! ! Long live nigeria
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Temmyojo(f): 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

shut up trash bag,nobody is aying d woman is right,bt tellin her 2 go nd die.was so on calld 4,put ur mother in her shoes,b4 blahin shit
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Temmyojo(f): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
For those who do not know, oshiomhole is a widower ! ! Long live nigeria/quote.

bag of dummy.how can u compare a rich widower 2 a poor widow?
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by faderintdon(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obedience before sacrifice.why are people blaming oshiomole?when you are caught in a act then you should be able to face the punishment whatever it is.Even Jesus Christ had to beat some fools out of the Church for buying and Selling.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by Gabassin: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=bloggernaija]Widow or no widow.

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,
my bro dis tin hapend wen tinubu was till governor of lagos state at Anthony, he say one woman sellin corn wit baby at back of d woman, he came down 4rm his and gave d woman some ask her 2 live wer she was hawking, so law is difffernt 4m mercy.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by ruqayyahaina: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
king94: Guy, I lyk APC but dat doesn't mean I shuld alwaiz support them. U accuse Sincere9gerian of being a stooge of GEJ but u ar slowly turning to one urself. Wot d woman did woz wrong but it would not hurt to show some compassion. My faith tells me dat u should correct with love(evn to the least of the society).
Everyone's faith preaches a level of compassion, but rule of law in Nigeria has been so bastardized and overlooked to the extent that strict enforcement must be encouraged. People would always give you reasons why they broke the law, but when they realise that no reason is good enough, then they would take it more seriously. No one reminds anyone to wear his seat-belts in lagos these days or not to break traffic rules. I support strict enforcement even though it may appear unfair at times. I have been a victim before but still believe that's the way to go.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by infonubia(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2013

From overloaded lorries,

WIDOW OR NO WIDOW,

Please spare me all that Western region talk...The governor of a State in the western world would not tell a widow to go and die! That will be the end of his political career!

You are talking about being charged and heavily fined. Despite all the laws here in America, people still break them and they get penalized (if they are caught). But NEVER will a law enforcement officer publicly tell a widow to 'go an die' talk more of a governor.

People break the law in Western states as well. Do you know how many people have died due to gun violence? How many people get ticketed for breaking traffic laws? Let me bring it close to home a little; the recent killing of the Nigerian lady in Ohio, isn't that breaking the law? Don't come here and tell us only Nigerians disregard the law. Disregarding the law is not even an excuse to treat a fellow human like the governor treated that woman.

What Oshiomole did is no different than what bullies do in the Western world. Bullies use words like 'Go and die.' And words are powerful, they are seeds that germinate in the mind and influence our decision, character, and outlook towards life.

Point of correction, being merciful does not equate being uncivilized. Ever heard about "temper justice with mercy?"

The Governor might be within his right to cease the woman's goods but he's DEFINITELY wrong for telling the widow to go and die especially considering the fact that the governor is also a widower.

Remember, all Mitt Romney had to do to loose the election was say he didn't care about the 47% who wouldn't take personal responsibility and care for their lives.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by AORDMAYOR(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Please you peole should not blow this issue out of proportion the Governor is human for crying out loud
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by AORDMAYOR(m): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Please you peole should not blow this issue out of proportion the Governor is human for crying out loud.
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Oshiomhole by rareman(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Truth is anyone that supports Oshomole on this is beyond redemption. Let's assume the woman was wrong, and he doesn't want to show mercy, he should have allowed the appropriate authorities to deal with her rather than telling her to go and die. Take her to court and fine her instead of using some gutter words on the hapless woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NIMASA Collected Revenue In Dollars, Remitted Naira – FG / PDP Now In The Hands Of Looters – Ali Modu Sheriff's Spokesman / APC Members In Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Badagry Defect To PDP, Burn Their Brooms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.