Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Massive Sack At Union Bank? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Massive Sack At Union Bank? (26981 Views)

Massive Sack In Fbn Ltd(secretaries) / Help Union Bank Unjustly Terminated My Appointment! / Mass Sack At Oceanic Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by priscaoge(f): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Massive Sack in the Banking Sector, and GEJ is making a threat of Massive Sack in Education Sector...Very soon there will βε a massive sack in Aso Rock*Nigeria I hail thee*
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
uj_sizzle: Correct me if i'm wrong, but this sack isn't immediate right?
They're given at least a month before it takes effect. People can't just be thrown to the streets without warning sad

My dear, back then we the residents of 1004 housing estate were flung into the streets. So yes, they were.

In Nigeria, flinging people is the modus operandi cry
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Psychostar(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'm not holding brief for the bank.

But the affected staff are going home with GOOD MONEY.

No victimization here.

And by the way, majority of them have been with the bank for over 20 years.

so.....

And why wasn't it on front page when UNION BANK employed 500 last month?

I guess BAD NEWS IS NEWS?

Anyway, OUT WITH THE OLD, and IN WITH THE NEW

Moving forward....

7 Likes

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by sleekcm(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]

THE PEOPLE THAT WERE LAID OFF HAVE BEEN WITH THE BANK FOR UPWARDS OF 30 YEARS! YOU LOT SHOULD NOT COMMENT ON STUFF YOU ARE NOT INFORMED ABOUT.

THEY ARE NO LONGER ADDING ANY VALUE.

SOME OF THEM HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS DAY TO COME.

1 HEAD, CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS GIVEN #9.3M FOR HER 25 YEARS SERVICE TO THE BANK. SOME GOT AS MUCH AS #12 - #20M.

UBN IS UNDERGOING A MASSIVE TRANSFORMATION. LOTS OF YOUNG PEOPLE ARE BEING EMPLOYED. EXPERIENCED BANKERS ARE ALSO CROSSING OVER FROM OTHER BANKS.

THESE ARE HARD FACTS.

I HAD TO TYPE IN CAPITALS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT.[center][/center]

1 Like

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Bluesky202: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
dis country self na waoo. Sack here and ther, God wil help us sha
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Forzap: 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Shey Union bank na bank undecided
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
I just called my sister to confirm if its true. She said yes just the old staffs, just old people . Phew. She still dey kampe . But bank job come be like kalukalu now adays o. but not very christmas na. I remember fidelity did their own 1st week of december last year. We all need to start creating jobs for ourselves. No matter how small just start and watch other things start falling in place. Incase u don't know there are venture capitalist ready to fund your internet business idea, just think of something internet base eg jumia , konga , hotel.ng, kuluya.com, chekki.com, bus.com.ng, to let.com.ng, just think of something cool they will help you. Don't go to dem talking about setting up a blog site or something like nairaland. For more info google about tony elumelu foundation, spark.ng and rocket internet. poverty is a temporary something its not a permanent thing. Who said you most have millions to make it in NIGERIA. STOP reading what CNN ; WORLD BANK, STOCK MARKET, GOVERNMENT ,NEPA, CHANNELS NEWS ARE SAYING cos dey will never tell you something that will benefit or add value to your life. World BANK said dis and that, how many people feed on N155 a day. That's just for bread and milo . Restaurant now adays doesn't even sell food less than N250 except Lagos where you can buy beans for hundred naira but its like a drop of poo.(ewa) its so annoying when I see intelligent and smart people struggling to get civil defence, prisons, immigration, man o war even police. Cos dey have given up hope, all dis paramilitary are good if its in europe or america. Lastly you can't be a civil defence officer and be dreaming of being like adenuga or dangote . Start small and grow big. Nursery schools now adays for island na 400k mainland is 250k just saying Oo. Just calculate, the answer wey you get na wetin dey make poor man dey Ja comot for NaiJA . The answer you get na wetin dey make poor man dey go for embassy for visa. Nigerians we are smart people think think think .

3 Likes

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by tinuolababy(f): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Tђξ management want to bring in contract staff to reduce cost #my opinion
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by sleekcm(m): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Psychostar: I'm not holding brief for the bank.

But the affected staff are going home with GOOD MONEY.

No victimization here.

And by the way, majority of them have been with the bank for over 20 years.

so.....

And why wasn't it on front page when UNION BANK employed 500 last month?

I guess BAD NEWS IS NEWS?

Anyway, OUT WITH THE OLD, and IN WITH THE NEW

Moving forward....

IN THE KNOW...
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by omonla555: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Union Bank

I have seen and prophesied this a long time ago.

BIG, STRONG, UNRELIABLE
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by philkamby: 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
The bank will not owe you.Feelers indicates they paid 150% of Basic ,Housing Transport and lunch allowance to the afftecd staff
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by sleekcm(m): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
tinuolababy: Tђξ management want to bring in contract staff to reduce cost #my opinion

WRONG. THE BANK HAS ABOUT 300 TRAINEES IN TRAINING SCHOOL NOW. 124 WERE EMPLOYED TWO MONTHS AGO. MORE THAN 500 WERE EMPLOYED LAST YEAR.

UNION BANK WILL BE COMPETING WITH FIRST BANK AND GTB IN 5YEARS. YOU LOT SHOULD READ MORE.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by sleekcm(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
philkamby: The bank will not owe you.Feelers indicates they paid 150% of Basic ,Housing Transport and lunch allowance to the afftecd staff

IN THE KNOW.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by omonla555: 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
pDude:

My dear, back then we the residents of 1004 housing estate were flung into the streets. So yes, they were.

In Nigeria, flinging people is the modus operandi cry

Then you never planned to have your own house, so what happen now?
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by almasterpiece(m): 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
i am not suprised. I served with them and they usually sack during festive periods like this, reason been you can start a new life come january. My sincere advice to bankers and every one on a pay roll just endeavour to have something else that can take care of you while working no matter how small the income may be cos you never know whose next. Most especially when entitlements are paid you don't just start a new life but you boost your business and the rest is history. Just take heart of you are one of them. Lets learn from peoples mistake.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Omexonomy: 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
boneruns: Yes, this is true. I learnt those affected were/will be the old staff of the bank. I don't really know their criteria for selecting these 'old' staff.

The bank is rebranding.

Currently, there's massive recruitment for both new and experienced hire. Anyone who knows someone within the bank, should submit CV.

VERY VERY TRUE.
I know five people who have succeded
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Dudecollins(m): 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
sleekcm: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]

THE PEOPLE THAT WERE LAID OFF HAVE BEEN WITH THE BANK FOR UPWARDS OF 30 YEARS! YOU LOT SHOULD NOT COMMENT ON STUFF YOU ARE NOT INFORMED ABOUT.

THEY ARE NO LONGER ADDING ANY VALUE.

SOME OF THEM HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS DAY TO COME.

1 HEAD, CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS GIVEN #9.3M FOR HER 25 YEARS SERVICE TO THE BANK. SOME GOT AS MUCH AS #12 - #20M.

UBN IS UNDERGOING A MASSIVE TRANSFORMATION. LOTS OF YOUNG PEOPLE ARE BEING EMPLOYED. EXPERIENCED BANKERS ARE ALSO CROSSING OVER FROM OTHER BANKS.

THESE ARE HARD FACTS.

I HAD TO TYPE IN CAPITALS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT.[center][/center]

Abeg, when are they going to recruit new staffs?
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by thirdeye(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
A bank that refuses to modernise shall surely die.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by boneruns(m): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Union Bank is about the be one of the best paying banks in the country. Hence the migration of experienced staff from other banks.

This is info within the financial sector.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by tucee31: 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
everyday: na wah oo.Are the management of Union bank in financial crisis

They are not, I guess dey r just trying to cut cost.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by sleekcm(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
thirdeye: A bank that refuses to modernise shall surely die.

IGNORANCE WON'T DO YOU ANY FAVOURS. READ MORE...

1 Like

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by joanana(f): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Just confirmed it!!! It is true!!!!! God please help your people ooooo cry
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by iyatrustee(f): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
I work in Union and can tell you that MOST of the people affected are people that have worked in Union for at least 20years. The new owners are trying to inject fresh and young blood into the system. Hey, most of them are actually rejoicing cos the terminal benefits is splendid as it was negotiated by the union leaders within the bank.

boneruns: Union Bank is about the be one of the best paying banks in the country. Hence the migration of experienced staff from other banks.

This is info within the financial sector.

very true!

2 Likes

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by zubby29(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
i currently work there its true
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Emma94(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
Enquire the full details before posting pls
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Noveltybliss: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
One thing i learnt early in my career life, whenever you join an organisation try as much as possible to plan your exit. For those affected take heart cos God has better plans for you
moyinoluwabun: Bank Job Not More Reliable- Massive Sack @ Union Bank.

A reliable insider at Union Bank Nigeria PLC just disclosed to me that there is massive sack going on presently at the bank. People were relieved of there job today and have started collecting their termination letter. The source disclose that majority of the full staff were affected and hardly will you find a branch without two or three people affected by the development. What's is now the hope of this set of people been thrown unexpectedly into the the labour market.

SOURCE : Reliable insider

1 Like

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Adesiji77: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Exponental: Na wa ooo!
Is Union banking dying?

The fact that an organization downsizes does not mean that it is dying. Worldwide, businesses do that from time to time for various reasons and banks are no exception. Not too long ago, banks like GTB, Zenith, FCMB, Stanbic IBTC etc, have had to lay off some of their staff. Does it mean that they are dying? The answer is obvious.....
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by juce: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ exponental :what an insinuation made from gross ignorance
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by lydia5(f): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
My sister, it is usually with immediate effect, u 'll just discover that u' are un able to log on to d system
uj_sizzle: Correct me if i'm wrong, but this sack isn't immediate right?
They're given at least a month before it takes effect. People can't just be thrown to the streets without warning sad
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
pDude: I won't lie to you, nigeria is a very strange and sad place to be.

When during this period, companies overseas are trying to hire more staff to fit holiday demands, nigeria always engages in massive firings.

Also during this period is when everyone reduces all commodity prices to maximize profit,but in Naija prices begin to climb.

Doesn't this prove that Nigeria is acursed cry

cheesy cheesy You don dey run your mouth again. I don tell you make you leave this people alone before them wound you for here. ehh

*Dodges stones* *Dodges sticks* *picks race*
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by chacha3(f): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
boneruns: Yes, this is true. I learnt those affected were/will be the old staff of the bank. I don't really know their criteria for selecting these 'old' staff.

The bank is rebranding.

Currently, there's massive recruitment for both new and experienced hire. Anyone who knows someone within the bank, should submit CV.
. Very correct,they are collecting cvs but it depends on who u know. But does it mean that after some yrs those that wil be employed now wil be sack as well Hmmmmmm
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by plendil: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Union bank still dey?? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes / Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year / What The Most Suitable Proffession For A Married Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.