Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,446 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Massive Sack At Union Bank? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Massive Sack At Union Bank? (26982 Views)

Massive Sack In Fbn Ltd(secretaries) / Help Union Bank Unjustly Terminated My Appointment! / Mass Sack At Oceanic Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nani66: 11:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
The bank is going through a rebranding phase I guess, not only are they reliving pple of their jobs, but they are actively recruiting younger (Fresh Graduates) and middle aged staffs (Experienced hired) dis I know because my wife and 2 of her friends were recently offered an employment with training taking place in Lagos, they are currently recruiting a large amount and the Fresh graduates @ Officer III level can earn up to 220K per month! I for one think it's a positive, Pro-active and brave move from the management of the bank! At least if they want to compete in the present banking atmosphere we have in nigeria!
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by coputa(m): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2013
Our problem is servitude oriented education and reasoning...instead ofworking until eternity or when you are sacked,why dont we build our own small businesses that will grow over time with rest of mind and future prospect..working for somebody without a back up is like embarking on a suicide mission..

1 Like

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Esemuze(m): 1:42am On Nov 30, 2013
Its true,i got a call from my Aunty who works in benin that she has being retired.i was told only those who are old staffs were ask to go.she has worked with them for thirty years.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by bichikay(m): 3:22am On Nov 30, 2013
And what do they expect these sacked staffs to do?dis country sef...
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 30, 2013
bigx:

US unemployment is at a record level currently, loads of other countries are going to financial turmoil.

This same US wey i don turn down numerous employment offers
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough:

cheesy cheesy You don dey run your mouth again. I don tell you make you leave this people alone before them wound you for here. ehh

*Dodges stones* *Dodges sticks* *picks race*
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by nagoma(m): 6:38am On Nov 30, 2013
urch999: That's not healthy for family people, hw r they going to help or train their children in school now they r in d unemployed sector.

Banks are not charity organizations. They have to make money for them to support staff employment. I sympathize with the families- as one door closes another one opens , Goodluck to them.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Lightening: 7:17am On Nov 30, 2013
chacha3: . Very correct,they are collecting cvs but it depends on who u know. But does it mean that after some yrs those that wil be employed now wil be sack as well Hmmmmmm

No, they will all become directors.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by vicez05(m): 7:23am On Nov 30, 2013
I witnessed it. Some are staff dat has worked for 32yrs or more. Believe me, the compensation plan is gud and d affected ones where even singing and dancing yesterday. They aren't going empty handed. Even wit 2 months in lieu of notice.# Change #

1 Like

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by vicez05(m): 7:26am On Nov 30, 2013
Nani66: The bank is going through a rebranding phase I guess, not only are they reliving pple of their jobs, but they are actively recruiting younger (Fresh Graduates) and middle aged staffs (Experienced hired) dis I know because my wife and 2 of her friends were recently offered an employment with training taking place in Lagos, they are currently recruiting a large amount and the Fresh graduates @ Officer III level can earn up to 220K per month! I for one think it's a positive, Pro-active and brave move from the management of the bank! At least if they want to compete in the present banking atmosphere we have in nigeria!

Correct! You said it all
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by ngooka: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2013
Buhari and tinubu again?
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by scobaba: 8:41am On Nov 30, 2013
I won't call it sack. Its more like forceful retirement.

Over 60percent of the staff who were asked to leave have put in over 20yrs and the pay off makes sense...not the usual thing.

A couple of those actually sacked had pending issues.

The bank has decided to take the bull by the horn seriously this time as they are also massively recruiting operation and marketing staff from New generation banks.

I wish them the best.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Imeyo(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2013
MOD pls rephrase the headline.it is not massive sack but compulsory retirement.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by moyinoluwabun(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2013
Imeyo: MOD pls rephrase the headline.it is not massive sack but compulsory retirement.
knew someone who has spent just only 14years. Wetin dem dey call that one? Retirement!
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by moyinoluwabun(m): 9:21am On Nov 30, 2013
Though the pay off really make sense. Most were happy cos 150% of annual basic salary, 150% of transportation and 150% of lunch allowance was paid to them. It's first of is kind.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Adesiji77: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2013
moyinoluwabun: knew someone who has spent just only 14years. Wetin dem dey call that one? Retirement!

'Just 14 years'? You call 14 years 'just'? There is a 'silver lining' behind this 'cloud'. Look at the positive side-these people have the opportunity of becoming employers of labour with the generous payoff amounts.

Besides, how many staff of new generation banks are assured of 14 years of continuous employment in view of current realities?

I think the topic should be changed to 'Compulsory Retirement @ Union Bank'
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Adesiji77: 9:47am On Nov 30, 2013
smiley
moyinoluwabun: Though the pay off really make sense. Most were happy cos 150% of annual basic salary, 150% of transportation and 150% of lunch allowance was paid to them. It's first of is kind.

Now you are talking... smiley
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Hadehsheyeh(f): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2013
gangan a so.no bi new tin for bankin sector now.bt no bi dis kind time.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by mimionye(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hmmmmmm, this is a call to indept thinking and creating wealth with your own hands. lets be sincere to ourselves, do our Bankers of today plan a life after termination of job? you see them go for loan cars, rent expensive houses and live artificial life just to please people around them. its right time every body start planning for a life after work while at work. lets be wise!!!
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by kidiat: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
The people were retired wit their gratuity include one & half year salary, most of the people retired a 30yrs , d shd allow d younger one to get the job, I luv it becos am one of the victim. I was given my entilement, is only their pension arrangement that is problem. W are entitle to medical. Is good to say the truth.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by gamegurl(f): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
moyinoluwabun: Bank Job Not More Reliable- Massive Sack @ Union Bank.

A reliable insider at Union Bank Nigeria PLC just disclosed to me that there is massive sack going on presently at the bank. People were relieved of there job today and have started collecting their termination letter. The source disclose that majority of the full staff were affected and hardly will you find a branch without two or three people affected by the development. What's is now the hope of this set of people been thrown unexpectedly into the the labour market.

SOURCE : Reliable insider
and dey just employed my elder bro,few months ago
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nmeri17: 7:01am On Dec 01, 2013
Lools...my mom just told me how all her colleagues got retrenched and a few hours later its on nairaland already. It was a real shame that union bank was not in that cbn's list of infallible banks so trying to get in there is probably thier priority. I think its cool tho. They're one of the few banks with old cargoes as staff everywhere. No fresh cashiers or what have you
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by jydemyke(m): 11:12am On Dec 01, 2013
It affected my friend's dad. He called to inform him. He's Been moody ever since
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Adycherie(f): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
sowie at uj, no prior information at all.

uj_sizzle: Correct me if i'm wrong, but this sack isn't immediate right?
They're given at least a month before it takes effect. People can't just be thrown to the streets without warning sad
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by moyinoluwabun(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
Enterprise bank has started is own sacking now with 150 out already without any reason. Na wah for banks ooo
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Seun(m): 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
moyinoluwabun: Enterprise bank has started is own sacking now with 150 out already without any reason. Na wah for banks ooo
Can you create a thread for this please?
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by moyinoluwabun(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
Seun: Can you create a thread for this please?
just done that.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Adesiji77: 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Seun: Can you create a thread for this please?

I created a thread for this yesterday

https://www.nairaland.com/1540171/enterprise-banks-sacks-150-staff
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Zachxolan(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Please how does one get into this banks, I didnt see any advert or job posting as to recruitment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes / Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year / What The Most Suitable Proffession For A Married Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.