Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Massive Sack At Union Bank? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Massive Sack At Union Bank? (26980 Views)

Massive Sack In Fbn Ltd(secretaries) / Help Union Bank Unjustly Terminated My Appointment! / Mass Sack At Oceanic Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by naturalwaves: 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thank God I resigned five months ago. Being sacked for non justifiable reason(s) creates a psychological trauma of not being good enough or not needed of which converse is the case. Even if Union bank doesn't sack now, by next year December, all the contract staff will most likely be laid off.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by wckabuoh(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
I must say, Union Bank is not anywhere near financial crisis. This is one of the restructuring strategies of the present management to serve its growing customers better. And for the staff that were affected, it was a WIN-WIN situation as they all are smiling home with good packages. None of the affected staff i must say felt bad, rather, they were relishing on the package. This is just another proof that UBN is not anywhere close to financial crisis but has come out, Bigger, Stronger and even more Reliable.!!

2 Likes

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by billtommy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
If you can work in a bank for 25 years and ure complaining about the sudden action, I think you re greedy...I imploy banks and organizations to do this often so its can reduce the traditional unemployment crisis the country is facing. Good life shouldn't just be among some certain people, it should circulate
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by moscobabs(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
I know say na those casual staff they sack,then go still remain all those old men/women.oga oo Union bank......finance local government!!!
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by romzyxy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
Not surprise.....always sacking anytime witout tinking
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by chucky234(m): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
Like seriously, how many staffs do they have at Union Bank,just few old folks walking up and down the banking halls.
The word "massive" shouldnt be associated with Union Bank since their staff base is far from being massive.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by pappilo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
uj_sizzle: Correct me if i'm wrong, but this sack isn't immediate right?
They're given at least a month before it takes effect. People can't just be thrown to the streets without warning sad

Boss for Naija na immediate retrenchment o. They cant come and allow disgruntled staff to sabotage their business or steal from them. Even in Europe the only reason they allow you work your notice period is because systems are in place to prosecute you if you delibrately shit for church while working out your notice period.

If a disgruntled Union Bank staff steals N100M of a customers money while working his notice period, where dem wan find am reach?
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by coolguyz(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
a new management runs the bank. . . .former MD of citibank nigeria was brought there for a purpose

i know a few guys that just got employed into the financial control and IT units. what is going on is a re-organisation. while some would exit with pain, a few guys out there are smiling at their offer letters!
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by pappilo(m): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
uj_sizzle: Correct me if i'm wrong, but this sack isn't immediate right?
They're given at least a month before it takes effect. People can't just be thrown to the streets without warning sad

Boss for Naija na immediate retrenchment o. They cant come and allow disgruntled staff to sabotage their business or steal from them. Even in Europe the only reason they allow you work your notice period is because systems are in place to prosecute you if you delibrately shit for church while working out your notice period.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by ufelirahmat: 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
cryMy anty was affected really sad
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Excelboi(m): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
My dad was not affected and he is still there, big strong and reliable.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Cholison(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
It is time to move on, best of luck.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Sike(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
Union bank of all banks? Na wa o!
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by boneruns(m): 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
chacha3: . Very correct,they are collecting cvs but it depends on who u know. But does it mean that after some yrs those that wil be employed now wil be sack as well Hmmmmmm

After working for about 10-20yrs in a bank, trust me, there's nothing to be scared about.

Many of those relieved from their duties, will still land themselves into another profitable job.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by chuchuo: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
There was massive retirement and those affected were paid millions of naira as entitlement. Get your facts right @poster.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by windowxp: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
moyinoluwabun: heartless management. Na to dey believe God ooo. Wonder where people kept their conscience? Sacking someone without entitlement. May God see them thru in Jesus name.

for your information, they are not sacked, they are retired from the service of the bank. it is not their father's business and besides how did you gather your own information of the bank's unwillingness to pay them their entitlement? for every reasonable affected staff who knew that one day is one day he or she will still have to leave the bank should be rejoicing because of what will be hitting their accounts. infact many left with job

1 Like

Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by bigx(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
pDude: I won't lie to you, nigeria is a very strange and sad place to be.

When during this period, companies overseas are trying to hire more staff to fit holiday demands, nigeria always engages in massive firings.

Also during this period is when everyone reduces all commodity prices to maximize profit,but in Naija prices begin to climb.

Doesn't this prove that Nigeria is acursed cry

US unemployment is at a record level currently, loads of other countries are going to financial turmoil.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by dailywealth1967: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
i advise my friends to go withdraw all their money becos e b like sai union bank don distress.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by windowxp: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
chuchu_o: There was massive retirement and those affected were paid millions of naira as entitlement. Get your facts right @poster.

u see i wished i was one of those retired this morning. but am still a baby in the service. some are leaving with 8,12,28 millions and above. with this kind of money, what else can one still be suffering himself for, is it waking up by 4 or 4:30 am every day or leaving office by 9, 10 pm daily.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by windowxp: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
momodub: for this chrismax which kin yawa be this

sorry to disappoint you, they will be celebrating the best Christmas of their lives. Entitlement ( in millions) ready to be paid. Christmas rice and gift items converted into money for them. what they will only be missing is 13th month pay. life continues. it doesn't matter when they leave the system because they will still have to leave someday
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by topygel: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
If it is for those old hot blood, that is not bad attall, with such entitlements, let them inject fresh blood into the system and the new graduates should come in, 20 to 25yrs, haba, that is enough, after all, they are no longer poor with such a big bank, let them go and invest their money.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by eluquenson(m): 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sack for this winter, na wao undecided
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by NAJALYN: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
If the bank should release their benefits cheques, the retirees will have something to sustain them and their families.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Alhamdulilah my dad worked for that bank for almost 30 yrs and was retired a year ago without problems although it was premature but he was expecting it
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by redsquare(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
chucky234: Like seriously, how many staffs do they have at Union Bank,just few old folks walking up and down the banking halls.
The word "massive" shouldnt be associated with Union Bank since their staff base is far from being massive.

Just STFU if you've got nothing to say. Union Bank has over 5000 staff (both permanent and outsourced) nationwide.

@topic, it is a welcomed development. Most affected staff of Sub-Manager level and above went home with over 15million naira. Fresh graduates are being injected into the Bank since 2009 and by next year, Union Bank staff would be among the highest paid in the industry.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by redsquare(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
chucky234: Like seriously, how many staffs do they have at Union Bank,just few old folks walking up and down the banking halls.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Adesiji77: 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
ufeli rahmat: cryMy anty was affected really sad

I am sure your aunty is not 'sad'. Learnt that those who were 'retired' have spent 20 years and above in the bank and they were adequately compensated. Sources said between 8m-30m, depending on grade and length of stay.
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Nuezha(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Once and again...be your own boss!
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by presiade(m): 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
To the glory of God, I'm one of the about 200 Union Bank Trainees currently at the training school, and we are the 2nd batch for this year... Last year, about 360 candidates were recruited by the Bank. There was no complaints then, why now that they are trying to reduce the number of old people that you people are complaining?
If you didn't know before, Union Bank is currently on a transformation process that would return us to our rightful position in the financial sector
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
presiade: To the glory of God, I'm one of the about 200 Union Bank Trainees currently at the training school, and we are the 2nd batch for this year... Last year, about 360 candidates were recruited by the Bank. There was no complaints then, why now that they are trying to reduce the number of old people that you people are complaining?
If you didn't know before, Union Bank is currently on a transformation process that would return us to our rightful position in the financial sector

so, because you're now a trainee, we should not feel for those who unexpectedly lost their means of daily bread. Na wah ooo
Re: Massive Sack At Union Bank? by Reference(m): 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
boneruns: Yes, this is true. I learnt those affected were/will be the old staff of the bank. I don't really know their criteria for selecting these 'old' staff.

The bank is rebranding.

Currently, there's massive recruitment for both new and experienced hire. Anyone who knows someone within the bank, should submit CV.

You don't know the criteria for the mass cull and you ask people to submit CV's for that same place. Are you an undertaker or whot?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes / Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year / What The Most Suitable Proffession For A Married Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.