Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall (34647 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by FlyinNaija: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

A lot of these things you've mentioned have seen significant progress in recent years, especially under the Jonathan administration. As we speak, investors are QUEUEING UP AND FALLING OVER EACH OTHER to invest in the Nigerian economy. Reasons? Better governance and financial management. (The likes of Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi, and Aganga are world class economists and technocrats who could run any economy in the world), improving infrastructure, govt support for the diversified, non-oil sector like construction, retail, banking, agriculture, telecoms and manufacturing, and finally, due to a rapidly expanding middle class (Africa's largest).

See the famous thread: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates:

https://www.nairaland.com/1249139/foreign-investors-pour-into-nigeria

cool

Utter Bullshit! No foreign investor wants to invest in Nigeria due to the high risk. Nigeria is the biggest market for business aviation in Africa but all the business aviation manufacturers have refused to invest due to risk as a result of erratic policies (no aviation minister has had more erratic policies than the current one, FFK comes in as a close second). The $3000/4000 charge for private aircraft is proof of lunatic policy making. Bombardier Aerospace who supply the highest number of business jets to Nigeria is opening a spare parts depot in SA instead of Nigeria due to this risk despite Nigeria being their biggest market.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Underground: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
The blast of hot air that hits you when you disembark from the plane;
the authorities that shamelessly salute (or harass) you all part of the effort to entice some change out of you;
the airport staff that forgo all decency and focus all their attention on the VIPs amongst the passengers sucking up to them every step of the way;
that escalator just before passport control that never seems to work where disembarking passengers always converge to a dead stop in the midst of the hottest area of the airport
and that horrid voice over the crackling public address system that you refuse to believe is meant to serve you.

Yes, MMIA is the stuff of nightmares and a perfect introduction to what awaits you as you enter Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LRNZH(m): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
FlyinNaija:

Utter Bullshit! No foreign investor wants to invest in Nigeria due to the high risk. Nigeria is the biggest market for business aviation in Africa but all the business aviation manufacturers have refused to invest due to risk as a result of erratic policies (no aviation minister has had more erratic policies than the current one, FFK comes in as a close second). The $3000/4000 charge for private aircraft is proof of lunatic policy making. Bombardier Aerospace who supply the highest number of business jets to Nigeria is opening a spare parts depot in SA instead of Nigeria due to this risk despite Nigeria being their biggest market.

He (ROSSIKE) thinks that patriotism means you have to support and sing praises about every situation/thing in Nigeria ala Ruben Abati throwing common sense to the wind.

With the population we have, the fact that we communicate with English officially and we are in a similar time zone with most of Europe, we should be the outsourcing hub of the southern hemisphere.

All these cement company's coming to invest... Na cement we go chop?
Security, refineries, power, transportation, quality education and healthcare are what we ask for but have been disappointed time and again.

Since the subsidy protest of January 2012 what has changed?

Please stop deceiving us with these investors that keep coming while our Gov't is stealing and buying bullet proof vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LRNZH(m): 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
Underground: The blast of hot air that hits you when you disembark from the plane; the authorities that shamelessly salute (or harass) you all part of the effort to entice some change out of you; the airport staff that forgo all decency and focus all their attention on the VIPs amongst the passengers sucking up to them every step of the way; that escalator just before passport control that never seems to work where disembarking passengers always converge to a dead stop in the midst of the hottest area of the airport and that horrid voice over the crackling public address system that you refuse to believe is meant to serve you. Yes, MMIA is the stuff of nightmares and a perfect introduction to what awaits you as you enter Nigeria.

What beats me are

1. The stench as you disembark... Unbearable

2. Nigerians who have been orderly, following queues in other airports start jumping queue, pushing and shoving once they get into the MMIA. Stark reminder that were back in a disorderly nation.

3.Sirens from convoys everywhere as you leave the airport inside heat and traffic. Make average citizen kuku die.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Underground: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
LRNZH:

What beats me are

1. The stench as you disembark... Unbearable

2. Nigerians who have been orderly, following queues in other airports start jumping queue, pushing and shoving once they get into the MMIA. Stark reminder that were back in a disorderly nation.

3.Sirens from convoys everywhere as you leave the airport inside heat and traffic. Make average citizen kuku die.

Nigerians are in denial. The fact is that our airports are a national disgrace and cannot be compared to airports in several countries, even countries that are 3rd world like us. The general disoderliness, unprofessional ism & toxic atmosphere is enough to kill your spirit no matter how much in a good mood you may have been before passing through this dreadful MMIA.

1.Stench....have you walked through the car park recently? The stench of pi*ss and faeces can make you nauseated.
2. Disorderliness: It's like the moment Nigerians step out of the plane, that Nigerian unruly and unlawful mode kicks in. Perhaps it's the recognition that they are back in jungle that triggers this behavior.
3. Sirens and convoys: They do not use the designated car parks.They flout all parking rules there is, etc
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by DonaldGenes(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
[size=38pt]Enugu Airport looks disgusting and too Local.wtf[/size]
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by DonaldGenes(m): 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
Oh Boy, see small Rwanda oh, their Airport fine dyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee unlike our own, glorified localized Airport
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by callmenow: 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
The OP does a disservice to the intelligence of the readers who use the airport. I have been traveling through the aforesaid airport for the past thirty years. There is definitely an improvement. The present administration has not taken away the 'good' amenities. Reason being that there has never been any amenities. Time was when we used to arrive in utter darkness after a six hour flight. Last time I ate at this airport, I nearly died from Montezumas revenge. There has been instances when the tarmac light doesn't work either, we will end up leaving Lagos to Europe around three AM instead of ten-thirty PM the previous day. Lagos airport smells because of the environment, the staff at the airport, (security agencies), airline staff and the trolly dollies. These people often sleep at the airport and maintain poor hygiene. Normally when airports are renovated, they are closed until the renovation finishes. This is the case with Heathrow Terminal Two in the UK. The FED could have commandeered MMA2 for the duration of the renovation to MMIA. I understand the operators refused to negotiate with FAAN. We should be grateful that 'some' work is actually being done. Nigeria human content needs to improve it's hygiene, etc. It is not the job of Stella or Goodluck to bathe the Nigerian personnel at the airports. Equally they must not be blamed for the bribery at the airports. I have been paying this for the past thirty odd years with pleasure. The trick is to take some of the on-board liquor and 'dash' it to the immigration and customs, and wish them well. It works all the time.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LRNZH(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
callmenow: The OP does a disservice to the intelligence of the readers who use the airport. I have been traveling through the aforesaid airport for the past thirty years. There is definitely an improvement. The present administration has not taken away the 'good' amenities. Reason being that there has never been any amenities. Time was when we used to arrive in utter darkness after a six hour flight. Last time I ate at this airport, I nearly died from Montezumas revenge. There has been instances when the tarmac light doesn't work either, we will end up leaving Lagos to Europe around three AM instead of ten-thirty PM the previous day. Lagos airport smells because of the environment, the staff at the airport, (security agencies), airline staff and the trolly dollies. These people often sleep at the airport and maintain poor hygiene. Normally when airports are renovated, they are closed until the renovation finishes. This is the case with Heathrow Terminal Two in the UK. The FED could have commandeered MMA2 for the duration of the renovation to MMIA. I understand the operators refused to negotiate with FAAN. We should be grateful that 'some' work is actually being done. Nigeria human content needs to improve it's hygiene, etc. It is not the job of Stella or Goodluck to bathe the Nigerian personnel at the airports. Equally they must not be blamed for the bribery at the airports. I have been paying this for the past thirty odd years with pleasure. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]The trick is to take some of the on-board liquor and 'dash' it to the immigration and customs, and wish them well. It works all the time.[/font]

Permit me to ask. What are you tipping them for?
What courtesy do they render?
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by K0ala7(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
callmenow: The OP does a disservice to the intelligence of the readers who use the airport. I have been traveling through the aforesaid airport for the past thirty years. There is definitely an improvement. The present administration has not taken away the 'good' amenities. Reason being that there has never been any amenities. Time was when we used to arrive in utter darkness after a six hour flight. Last time I ate at this airport, I nearly died from Montezumas revenge. There has been instances when the tarmac light doesn't work either, we will end up leaving Lagos to Europe around three AM instead of ten-thirty PM the previous day. Lagos airport smells because of the environment, the staff at the airport, (security agencies), airline staff and the trolly dollies. These people often sleep at the airport and maintain poor hygiene. Normally when airports are renovated, they are closed until the renovation finishes. This is the case with Heathrow Terminal Two in the UK. The FED could have commandeered MMA2 for the duration of the renovation to MMIA. I understand the operators refused to negotiate with FAAN. We should be grateful that 'some' work is actually being done. Nigeria human content needs to improve it's hygiene, etc. It is not the job of Stella or Goodluck to bathe the Nigerian personnel at the airports. Equally they must not be blamed for the bribery at the airports. I have been paying this for the past thirty odd years with pleasure. The trick is to take some of the on-board liquor and 'dash' it to the immigration and customs, and wish them well. It works all the time.

I have also been using the airport as long as i can remember. The airport was not perfect before, but given the span of time that ha passed since it's construction and the 8 years of OBJ, 2 years of Yaradua, and Jonathan's administration....we hae not done well. The last time when i was leaving i had a good dinner in a decent restaurant and i was happy about that. It was air conditioned and they had a TV and comfortable chairs. But int he departure hall, it was the complete opposite, the heat was unbearable, there were air conditions that were not working. The fans that were available were only circulating the already hot air around.

Port Harcourt airport has also been an eyesore for the past few years. When i left there last in june, the terminal was under reconstruction and i haven't heard of or seen any indications that the airport has been completed or that people no longer have to get wet under the tarpaulin tents that serves as a makeshift terminal. Any update on PH International is highly welcome.

So what I am saying is, though there have been improvements in the Airport here and there. They are not great enough yet to warrant singing unnecessary praises of the administrators of the Airport. We won't have change if we do not continuously call out what we think is wrong with the system.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

A lot of these things you've mentioned have seen significant progress in recent years, especially under the Jonathan administration. As we speak, investors are QUEUEING UP AND FALLING OVER EACH OTHER to invest in the Nigerian economy. Reasons? Better governance and financial management. (The likes of Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi, and Aganga are world class economists and technocrats who could run any economy in the world), improving infrastructure, govt support for the diversified, non-oil sector like construction, retail, banking, agriculture, telecoms and manufacturing, and finally, due to a rapidly expanding middle class (Africa's largest).

See the famous thread: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates:

https://www.nairaland.com/1249139/foreign-investors-pour-into-nigeria

FlyinNaija:

Utter Bullshit! No foreign investor wants to invest in Nigeria due to the high risk.

Are you saying those are links I manufactured in my bedroom or somehow dreamt up from thin air? Did you even bother to read the links on that page? You seem to have a mental problem.

Can't be bothered with the rest of the trash you typed.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by K0ala7(m): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
Oh, and just another experience from my last time at MMIA. I was just clearing security and the officer went to check something on my passport so i engaged in conversation with another immigration guy. So he notices that I'm sweating and was talking about how a lot of Nigerians who stay abroad and foreigners always sweat when they come through. He mentioned that the air conditioning was down for maintenance, but that he was happy it was down. I asked why and he said, since they have to be there all day and barely move around, the cold gets to them unlike passengeres that have to lug their stuff around the terminal building.

I'm not criticizing the officer for his opinion, because it is a valid one and its the reality of his job. Just thought I should share.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LRNZH(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
K0ala7: Oh, and just another experience from my last time at MMIA. I was just clearing security and the officer went to check something on my passport so i engaged in conversation with another immigration guy. So he notices that I'm sweating and was talking about how a lot of Nigerians who stay abroad and foreigners always sweat when they come through. He mentioned that the air conditioning was down for maintenance, but that he was happy it was down. I asked why and he said, since they have to be there all day and barely move around, the cold gets to them unlike passengeres that have to lug their stuff around the terminal building.

I'm not criticizing the officer for his opinion, because it is a valid one and its the reality of his job. Just thought I should share.

What happened to room temperature? At 25 deg Celsius everyone mobile or inactive will function well except theyre ill or something. D guy just dey yarn.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by callmenow: 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
In an ideal world, they should accept your best wishes. However, these are Nigerians who are used to false patronage. The same practices are common all over Nigeria. My experience with the Judiciary, the Nigeria Police Force, The Nigeria Customs and even the banks. is that if you want their maximum cooperation, these agents must be 'dashed something'. It is of course abhorrent and injudicious. However, for security reasons, I prefer to 'dash and move on. It is an imperfect world.

LRNZH:

Permit me to ask. What are you tipping them for?
What courtesy do they render?
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by K0ala7(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
LRNZH:

What happened to room temperature? At 25 deg Celsius everyone mobile or inactive will function well except theyre ill or something. D guy just dey yarn.

A lot of people would rather work under warmer temperatures so they can stay alert, rather than in the cool where they become docile and can easily fall asleep. We are warm-blooded, remember? and also, not everyone is the same, what works for me is clearly not what work for him at his job.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by bitingcool: 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Has anyone noticed that its only in Nigeria u pay for trolley and the touts and one so called aviation company will emphatically let you know its not free. Its really shameful.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by nupera: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
I passed through mm2 and the old terminal thrice within the last 5 days and this was my experience......must this unwanted welcome party as you step out of arrival hall be there....taxi bla bla. Can't there be a desk that just assigns taxis to whoever wishes to take one....then the stench at the car park near the fcmb atm area...i held my nose as i used the machine. Getting into the departure terminal it's like i just stepped into old oshodi area....i mean from the doors that are movement sensitive that are not working to scruffy looking uniformed men sitting there....did i hear someone say earlier that the airconditioning was shot down to allow for maintenance....i laugh....that was supposed to be in the plan all along. Really getting simple things working according to global standards isn't rocket science. We just seem to have consigned ourselves to mediocrity while the worked has moved on.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by callmenow: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
If truth be told, Nigeria deserves better than the indigenous contractors who collect their mobilisations and disappear into the distance. It is a fact that successive Governments misguidedly award contracts to these contractors, who are ill-equipped to build a mud house on MAIN Street Nigeria, who 'freestyles' the job until the next Nigerian administration. The job has started. They should tell the passengers in a timely fashion when the renovations will be concluded, like they do elsewhere in the world. I believe the exterior structures are almost complete. The interior fittings are about to commence. Hopefully, I will be traveling all over the country through an 'accessible' airports. However, in a free world, everyone should complain if they feel 'insulted' by the service or the facilities at any airport. By the way, I was almost arrested once by the Gendarmes at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, because I complained that their 'escalator' has damaged the wheels of my luggage. Complete misunderstanding of course. Racist gendarmes methinks.
K0ala7:

I have also been using the airport as long as i can remember. The airport was not perfect before, but given the span of time that ha passed since it's construction and the 8 years of OBJ, 2 years of Yaradua, and Jonathan's administration....we hae not done well. The last time when i was leaving i had a good dinner in a decent restaurant and i was happy about that. It was air conditioned and they had a TV and comfortable chairs. But int he departure hall, it was the complete opposite, the heat was unbearable, there were air conditions that were not working. The fans that were available were only circulating the already hot air around.

Port Harcourt airport has also been an eyesore for the past few years. When i left there last in june, the terminal was under reconstruction and i haven't heard of or seen any indications that the airport has been completed or that people no longer have to get wet under the tarpaulin tents that serves as a makeshift terminal. Any update on PH International is highly welcome.

So what I am saying is, though there have been improvements in the Airport here and there. They are not great enough yet to warrant singing unnecessary praises of the administrators of the Airport. We won't have change if we do not continuously call out what we think is wrong with the system.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:
Are you saying those are links I manufactured in my bedroom or somehow dreamt up from thin air? Did you even bother to read the links on that page? You seem to have a mental problem.

Can't be bothered with the rest of the trash you typed.
Don't mind the guy. Despite the name, flyinnaija, the guy just de talk nonsense.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by K0ala7(m): 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
callmenow: If truth be told, Nigeria deserves better than the indigenous contractors who collect their mobilisations and disappear into the distance. It is a fact that successive Governments misguidedly award contracts to these contractors, who are ill-equipped to build a mud house on MAIN Street Nigeria, who 'freestyles' the job until the next Nigerian administration. The job has started. They should tell the passengers in a timely fashion when the renovations will be concluded, like they do elsewhere in the world. I believe the exterior structures are almost complete. The interior fittings are about to commence. Hopefully, I will be traveling all over the country through an 'accessible' airports. However, in a free world, everyone should complain if they feel 'insulted' by the service or the facilities at any airport. By the way, I was almost arrested once by the Gendarmes at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, because I complained that their 'escalator' has damaged the wheels of my luggage. Complete misunderstanding of course. Racist gendarmes methinks.

Exactly! All the countries that have the sweet airports we like to compare MMIA with did not get there by just awarding contract, setting up committee, and then not complaining when the airport wasnt working well. No, they got the top airports because they continuously strive to give their citizens and visitors the best flying experience they possibly can. Nothing but corruption and sentiments is stopping Nigeria from competing against top airports.

The first step to solving a problem is realizing that you have the problem...
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LRNZH(m): 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
tensor777:
Don't mind the guy. Despite the name, flyinnaija, the guy just de talk nonsense.

It's easy to notice multiple accounts.

Red flags:
ROSSIKE and tensor777 never view the same topic at the same time, always corroborating each other's statements and never post in near parallel.

Mod check IP addresses.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
K0ala7:

Exactly! All the countries that have the sweet airports we like to compare MMIA with did not get there by just awarding contract, setting up committee, and then not complaining when the airport wasnt working well. No, they got the top airports because they continuously strive to give their citizens and visitors the best flying experience they possibly can. Nothing but corruption and sentiments is stopping Nigeria from competing against top airports.

The first step to solving a problem is realizing that you have the problem...

If you cannot wait till the airport is remodelled and commissioned before moaning, then you have a serious problem!! Again, stay OUT of Nigeria if you can't handle it!!!
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by callmenow: 9:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
@K0ala7 is justified to air his unhappiness if there is no credible time frame for the conclusion of the renovation and what to expect. However, the authorities are not utilising the social media and the 'press' to inform the likes of @K0ala7 about what they are doing. The FED gave the airlines over 200 Billion naira loans to buy newer aircraft. A number of them took the loans and closed down. This was the case with Jimoh Ibrahim and Air Nigeria. Some of us are still owed our ticket fares. Yet the 30 something Billion extended to him is gone for good. Why? The answer is corruption. Try getting that money from him. That 200 Billion naira invested in the airports will change the face of NIGERIA to the 'investors' who arrive in Nigeria
ROSSIKE:

If you cannot wait till the airport is remodelled and commissioned before moaning, then you have a serious problem!! Again, stay OUT of Nigeria if you can't handle it!!!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
LRNZH:
It's easy to notice multiple accounts.
Red flags:
ROSSIKE and tensor777 never view the same topic at the same time, always corroborating each other's statements and never post in near parallel.

Mod check IP addresses.
Me ROSSIKE You are having a laugh man. Because we have not fallen for you "have a go" at Nigeria antics. You are known for that tactic on this forum.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by mactonnyso: 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
i fly regularly to naija from franfurt and LAX in L.A every 4 months, apart from the infrastructural challenges on ground a the MMAirport i commend the customs . immigrations and other officers on duty for their services.
As a frequent traveller, i do respect the officers at the MM airport just like i do to officers at the LAX and Franfurt airports, it makes my trips smooth.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by K0ala7(m): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Wait till when? The unspecified period they always like to extend projects to? In other countries, they plan out their work so as not to inconvenience the travelers who use the airport and they strive to complete it by the deadline to keep the passengers faith.

I live in Oklahoma and Will Rogers World Airport in OKC is far better than MMIA, it is larger, better managed, and more convenient to travel through...but yet it is not qualified to host international flights because of the standards the US of A places on its assets of national pride and importance.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Adindupeter: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
So typical of SaharaReporters... Brown envelop journalism

1 Like

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LajaLaba: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
tensor777:
U are the one thats spewing nonsense...Trust me
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LajaLaba: 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Hahaha Jester grin
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
callmenow: In an ideal world, they should accept your best wishes. However, these are Nigerians who are used to false patronage. The same practices are common all over Nigeria. My experience with the Judiciary, the Nigeria Police Force, The Nigeria Customs and even the banks. is that if you want their maximum cooperation, these agents must be 'dashed something'. It is of course abhorrent and injudicious. However, for security reasons, I prefer to 'dash and move on. It is an imperfect world.
Actually it would be better if you were not to bribe them at all. Imagine if all Nigerians stopped that nonsense for a day.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nonsense! Its 10:46p.m at the moment. No electricity, no generator, i dey sweat like mad and i no complain. Get real or 'GO AND DIE (*in Adams Oshiomole's voice)
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
Laja Laba: Hahaha Jester grin

How am I a jester? I've never seen a group of unreasonable people like this. How can you have an airport undergoing comprehensive remodelling, yet you're still complaining about the same airport? I mean, so they think improvement happens by clicking one's fingers? Shouting corruption this corruption that. The previous administrations that did NOTHING AT ALL, was corruption worse or better in their time compared to today when 22 airports are being remodelled simultaneously across the country before our very eyes? Maybe these moaners are the people that used to CHOP ALL THE MONEY BEFORE, and now they're disgruntled because finally the money is being put to use.

22 airports!

This was Enugu airport before remodelling:

Same airport now in its final phases of remodelling:

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1116298_airport_8_jpg1765ca68841c8e1680889b3dddcecf2c[/img]
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1116295_airport_5_jpg558136a29d742298b9a53de0067e9f1f[/img]

Kano Airport Before Remodelling:

Kano Airport After Remodelling:

...........................www.nairaland.com/attachments/1029453_exterior_4054_n_jpgc0113e53e7d33ed097afac7dc7e2ec55

................................www.nairaland.com/attachments/1029446_69279_623005681048656_901409182_n_jpg49c764b987ac8111879553be999f49ea

As you can see clear progress has been made in upgrading the facilies, and these are just 2 examples out of 22, with MMA Lagos set to be the flagship of the remodelling exercise once commissioned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Drives Into Erosion Pit In Benin City / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties / Terrible Accident In Onitsha As Car Burns, Many Killed (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.