Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall (34646 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2013
LRNZH:
You can't even comprehend the context of discussions.
I brought up the fact that there was subsidy protest in Jan. '12 in Nigeria but nothing useful has been done by the GEJ Gov't to alleviate the issues raised.... ie functional local refineries, effective and affordable means of transport, security and constant power. You're there talking about the definition of subsidy.
You don't have a clue as to what you are on about. You even talk as if the FGN perenially has access to unlimited funds to execute as many capital projects that they and or the opposition want. However talk about power and security on another thread if you want.
And it is still another strawman argument as the points you listed only came about when the government was backed into a corner by militant trade unionists and had to execute a strategic retreat over the subsidy issue. In other words they represent concessions supposedly won by their militant left-wing opponents. But come to think of it who were the real winners in that drama? The officials who are benefiting from the current arrangements. The losers. Well the masses.
Take it from me there will never be and can never be functional local refineries until the government totally removes the subsidy and totally divests its NNPC stake in the downstream sector.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2013
callmenow: The OP does a disservice to the intelligence of the readers who use the airport. I have been traveling through the aforesaid airport for the past thirty years. There is definitely an improvement. The present administration has not taken away the 'good' amenities. Reason being that there has never been any amenities. Time was when we used to arrive in utter darkness after a six hour flight. Last time I ate at this airport, I nearly died from Montezumas revenge. There has been instances when the tarmac light doesn't work either, we will end up leaving Lagos to Europe around three AM instead of ten-thirty PM the previous day. Lagos airport smells because of the environment, the staff at the airport, (security agencies), airline staff and the trolly dollies. These people often sleep at the airport and maintain poor hygiene. Normally when airports are renovated, they are closed until the renovation finishes. This is the case with Heathrow Terminal Two in the UK. The FED could have commandeered MMA2 for the duration of the renovation to MMIA. I understand the operators refused to negotiate with FAAN. We should be grateful that 'some' work is actually being done. Nigeria human content needs to improve it's hygiene, etc. It is not the job of Stella or Goodluck to bathe the Nigerian personnel at the airports. Equally they must not be blamed for the bribery at the airports. I have been paying this for the past thirty odd years with pleasure. The trick is to take some of the on-board liquor and 'dash' it to the immigration and customs, and wish them well. It works all the time.

This is an example of a thoughtful well-balanced post not the scurrilous nonsense the likes of flynaija and lrnzh have been spewing.
THIS THREAD CAN NOW BE CLOSED
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by LRNZH(m): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2013
tensor777:

This is an example of a thoughtful well-balanced post not the scurrilous nonsense the likes of flynaija and lrnzh have been spewing.
THIS THREAD CAN NOW BE CLOSED

For where?

You claimed earlier that FGN funds are limited but corruption is rife so much that the FGN is synonymous with corruption.

Close thread before all the truth about incompetence and greed in high places are exposed. It is your future generations that will be in the position to judge your antecedents better.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Fajzay: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
texazzpete:

And that is your yardstick for development? That people are driving jeeps in town? You truly think food is cheaper these days?
What are the trade offs today? Corruption is institutionalized, oil bunkering is rampant, insecurity is at an all time high, what with Boko haram and the rise of kidnapping.

Funny how you cite people driving around in jeeps as evidence of development...yet by march next year, your master plans to raise import duties on tokunbo cars , making it harder for the kids you cite to buy jeeps. Progress, eh?

Does this new tax rate take effect in March or Jan
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Fajzay: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Please stop this romanticization of elitism. I prefer we have 135 average unis than 5 or 6 elite unis for pampered elite kids. Do you know in the 70s majority of Nigerians were stark illiterates? Today literacy rate stands at 65% at least. I think we've come a long way.

Am not in support of few unis in the country but if we look at what we've got today, its simply quantity and not quality. Lots of educated illiterates out there who passed through the 4 walls of the uni ... but nothing to show forth for it. To be simplistic with the fact ... Nigeria is way way below what it should've been in today's stat whatever u want to use as the KPI.
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by Fajzay: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
FlyinNaija: Mr LRNZH,

Please don't waste your time arguing with these clowns who get paid to sit in front of computers defending PDP/GEJ/Stella #team40laptops. They are just proof of our poor economy, young people willing to sell their souls and that of their generations unborn for food. I wonder how much laptop dogs get paid.
As an aviation professional I can tell you that the situation is worse than what passengers get to see. Failed air conditioning is a standard feature of Nigerian airports. The "remodelling" or "transformation" cannot be used as an excuse because MMIA does not use a centralised AC system. Individual halls are cooled using standing AC systems. Lack of maintenance due to corruption and incompetence is the reason for this story.
I was initially sceptical about the initial story blaming the "unclothedness" grin on Delta Airlines because I cannot technically reconcile the fact that passengers will be sweating while seated in an aeroplane that has flown through -56 degree Celsius air for 11 hours.

Spot on!
Re: Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall by K0ala7(m): 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
tensor777:
Another dumb argument which exhibits both your shocking level of intellectual shallowness on the one hand and lack of discipline on the other hand as you keep going from one unrelated topic to another. If you want to talk about the Federal roads network go and open another thread for that.
Before you carry out any public investment you need to do a thorough investment appraisal.Proper costs and benefits must clearly be stated. It is not just a case of going for the"CHEAPEST" as you glibly put it
And who told you that with the state of rail infrastructure in Nigeria that rail travel is the cheapest. Do you know how many years and how many tens of billions of dollars it would take for Nigeria to develop a modern train network.Think HS2 in UK for example And even at that who says it would even be profitable. Even developed countries heavily subsidize rolling stock operators. Are you being serious?
And yes the rapid economic growth in Nigeria in recent years has called for modernization and refurbishment of the existing domestic and international terminals. That includes expansion of car parks and the installation of modern air conditioning solutions.

Not cheapest to develop, but cheapest for the people who are gonna end up using the rail system... it is currently cheaper to travel by road as compared to travelling by air, it does not necessarily mean the roads are cheap to construct and maintain. Remember government is meant to look out for the interest of its people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Drives Into Erosion Pit In Benin City / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties / Terrible Accident In Onitsha As Car Burns, Many Killed (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.