Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

What Will You Miss About Blackberry - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Will You Miss About Blackberry (21215 Views)

All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" / What Is The Fuss About Blackberry / Ugly Truth About Blackberry Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by pheivor(f): 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
I miss nothing cos I'm still enjoying every bit of my BB and I don't intend to leave it anytime soon. #TeamBlackBerry

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by osashilton: 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
Willgates: why are all these questions making FB?
you meant FP? grin grin
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by obailala(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Qwerty Keyboard.. chatting with a touchscreen phone sucks

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: D issue all dis small bois fail to realize is that these nameless and brandless android phones was created for low income earners just to appease their poverty appetitie for cheap smart phones...go to america or germany and look for ur god forsaken tecno....d yeye bois can't even afford htc or galaxy....look @ serious minded business man who needs to communicate on d go u will see dem with BB...portable,sharp,cute....that's why nigeria will always live kissing asian a5ses..they got us in their palm.....shameless guys...u insult BB yet u download BBM just to wanna f_uk our girls...god pass una...when we were using BB...u guys were no where to be found until zun khan chan chi cho bailed u out now u running ur dirty mouths....

idiot go to Germany, England, USA. etc. and you will find out that no one is even talking about Bb anymore. it's all about. galaxy and iPhone and lumia. ..... you call android users cheap? mutual go and prize galaxy,iPhone or even Lumia and see how much it costs.... your salary no even reach am. tozo

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by lakefist(m): 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Blackberry was,is and will forever be more fashionable than tecno....am disgusted the way people carry 15k tecno up and down,parties,receptions,churches and thinking they ve arrived...bold 2 is still better in terms of speed of responce,email,msg thathe bleeping techno panties aka phantom....that's why u can't find mechanics using blackberry cos they know d phone is NOT their level
in oshiomole's words "Go and Die" Agbero dey use BB wella.blackberry pin is like sachet water.
am very sure you neva bought your bb new "uk used,US used even Nairaland used."

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
obailala:

then you must. be from the 17th century

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by lakefist(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
modluk: Bb app world is one of the best
what makes it d best? please explain
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Defaramade(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
obailala:
try Swiftkey keyboard on android & u won't want to type on hardware keypads again.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
unmask: Its funny how most of you look down on people's jobs and it won't surprise me if most mechanics have much more money than you.....that is by d way......ehn ehn you said bold 2 is what? Sometimes I wonder how you people manage to say such things....even if you were planning to pass it off as a lie, the devil won't agree....cos you have broken the T&C of what a lie should be.....you can always test it out though....open hp.com in your bb one tab from bold 1 - 4.......2 tabs on bold 5, my twocents says you would be pulling your battery out after 10secs........BB can't perform a quarter of the functions of any android fone, be it samsing, tecno, nokla or blackderry....whether it be android 1.0 or 10.0....black berry is always going to be behind the leaders ios and android......so enjoy your fashionable crap.....while tecno users bask in unlimited possibilities

Just opened hp.com on my curve 4. My phone is still intact. No need to remove the battery. Its understandable if u prefer android phones to BB, but what is not understandable is lying just to justify ur love for androids.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by NEROSKY(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
Samsung galaxy S4 goes for 98k
Sony Xperia Z1 goes for 110k
HTC ONE goes for 88k
Android own device (LG Google Nexus4/5) goes for 68 - 75k respectively
how much doz ur flagship bb cost and whats the daily interest on GsmArena.Com,

my frnd bought brand new z10 49k n was surprised to learn that it doesn't support operamini

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by petreli08: 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
rationalmind:

Just opened hp.com on by curve 4. My phone is still intact. No need to remove the battery. Its understandable if u prefer android phones to BB, but what is not understandable is lying just to justify ur love for androids.

Was wondering too o
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by 12month: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
with my android phone on just 2% battery I can still make calls and even browse with it... unlike bb charge here, charge there, charge for barber shop, carry charger everywhere... if u enjoy ur bb fine, but i will hardly go for a blackberry ryt now... the only thing i miss is the flexibility n size...
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mattex001: I will miss the Cheap data plan! Andriod is So useless without a reasonable data plan..
android is fun with, or without data plan

u can play really cool games. if u don't like games, u can download many awesome books and so many apps that will make reading fun offline.
the good thing about android is, there is always an app for every mood.

android rocks

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by naijaspeak(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Please can you throw more light on your statement "data on android is expensive. I wish to know how much. I am a current blackberry user.
kekakuz: with the recent availability of bbm for android,many nigerians have waved their blackberrys goodbye and welcome android which also has the advatage of stronger batteries and its even more affordable (thanks to tecno,lg,samsung and others).
so for everyone who moved from bb to android,what will you miss most about blackberry.for me,i will miss the suscription as data on android is expensive.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by danniekute(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Blackberry was,is and will forever be more fashionable than tecno....am disgusted the way people carry 15k tecno up and down,parties,receptions,churches and thinking they ve arrived...bold 2 is still better in terms of speed of responce,email,msg thathe bleeping techno panties aka phantom....that's why u can't find mechanics using blackberry cos they know d phone is NOT their level
are you better than the mechanics? olodo!

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Absolutely nothing!!! God bless the makers of andriod. They saved me from the stranglehold of 5mins booting and snail speed Internet. wink Now a sister can watch videos on YouTube in peace and at the same time download series of series at the speed of light grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

My name is kofsy, i 'was' a blackberry addict.... grin

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
9jadelta: android is fun with, or without data plan

u can play really cool games. if u don't like games, u can download many awesome books and so many apps that will make reading fun offline.
the good thing about android is, there is always an app for every mood.

android rocks
one million likes. cheesy pls what app do you use in downloading books. I mean best sellers o. Not apps like oodles o
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by emmog25: 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2013

Brotherly, leave them o.. They just want to bury BB "byforce" na wa o.. Sorry we also use android(galaxy tab). But BB. Is still more effecient as far as 9ja economy is concerned.
*Torch 2 and BOLD 5 still remain BB's best product.

And pls stop using techno to compare any make. When u Mention Techno, pls mention Itel,solo.. Can u see ... Class?
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Sugardiva(f): 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
The QWERTY standard phyical keypad which made for very easy typing is what ill miss most. The cheap BIS subscription and of course the endless low battery.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
I'm not giving up my Blackberry. Blackberry 10 offers flexibility and security much more than any smart phone in the market.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
dere z juhs one small tin i hav seen in android dat bb can neva try...it z playin sfx nd game sounds wid music player on d same speaker...as simple as it seems bb cant do it...ur bb cant tether data ova Bluetooth... dem wan die...only recent bb's have front camera...buh dey cant use d two cameras tugeda ...wat abuh split screen..smart eye tracking ....no mata d magnitude of d Running task on Android it z always subject to d power button...use d hotspot on bb nd it wud bcome a hotspot literally...talk abuh ba3 nd d camels back will b crushed......

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
I'm certainly not gona be misin blackberry cause no matter waht fone I use..I'l alwayz have my blackberry..I just luv evrytn about it..no oda fone soundz as kul as sayin "my BB"...lol..and that's the way most peepz feel around here...

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Tuntheycr7: 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Blackberry was,is and will forever be more fashionable than tecno....am disgusted the way people carry 15k tecno up and down,parties,receptions,churches and thinking they ve arrived...bold 2 is still better in terms of speed of responce,email,msg thathe bleeping techno panties aka phantom.... that's why u can't find mechanics using blackberry cos they know d phone is NOT their level
Rude of u. I knw of some mechanics who are well to do probably more than u do. You can always make ya points without spewing jargons.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by candor4(f): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Funny pple, is bb died?...........Nawa oooOo. People 2 dey form
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Akainzo(m): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Red_Card: I'm missing the hype they once had. I used curve 2, curve 4, bold 2 and lastly curve 7 all because I wanted to belong to the BB users league. That BB hype drained pockets o. I will miss people carrying their USB dongle about.

For most folks, the Android phone is used mainly for calls, games and browsing. What this means is during the day time, the phone is mainly idle.

For most BlackBerry users, they are chatting, browsing, doing mails and then calls. This means during the day time, the phone is actively used.

You cannot expect a parked car to use as much fuel as a moving car, neither should you expect your fuel to last a whole journey from PH to Lagos, simply because it lasts you a week when doing office to house commute.

Both phones were being used differently, do they consume power differently. Check online forums and see the many Galaxy S4 users that are complaining about battery once they start putting it through what the BlackBerry used to do for them.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Akainzo(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Bryt3: dere z juhs one small tin i hav seen in android dat bb can neva try...it z playin sfx nd game sounds wid music player on d same speaker...as simple as it seems bb cant do it...ur bb cant tether data ova Bluetooth... dem wan die...only recent bb's have front camera...buh dey cant use d two cameras tugeda ...wat abuh split screen..smart eye tracking ....no mata d magnitude of d Running task on Android it z always subject to d power button...use d hotspot on bb nd it wud bcome a hotspot literally...talk abuh ba3 nd d camels back will b crushed......

Reasoned like a man that has no experience beyond his father's cottage.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by okeyximo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
emmog25:

Brotherly, leave them o.. They just want to bury BB "byforce" na wa o.. Sorry we also use android(galaxy tab). But BB. Is still more effecient as far as 9ja economy is concerned.
*Torch 2 and BOLD 5 still remain BB's best product.

And pls stop using techno to compare any make. When u Mention Techno, pls mention Itel,solo.. Can u see ... Class?

guy just believe that bb is dead..android is far much more better..(i use to be a die hard fan of bb.)..in terms of flexibility, speed, personalisation,durability, cost,etc...android is far much more better...tecno brought me into d world of android... so i still respect that company..lets just tell ourselves d truth, android is just here to stay..the earlier u learn that d better for u..sometimes android just behave like PC...as for cost of browsing one cheat or d other is always there to help us out(last month i browsed free throughout!!! downloading files of abt 15gig at zero cost..
my advice to u is to swallow ur pride and get ur self an android no matter d make...
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by lakefist(m): 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
okeyximo: guy just believe that bb is dead..android is far much more better..(i use to be a die hard fan of bb.)..in terms of flexibility, speed, personalisation,durability, cost,etc...android is far much more better...tecno brought me into d world of android... so i still respect that company..lets just tell ourselves d truth, android is just here to stay..the earlier u learn that d better for u..sometimes android just behave like PC...as for cost of browsing one cheat or d other is always there to help us out(last month i browsed free throughout!!! downloading files of abt 15gig at zero cost..
my advice to u is to swallow ur pride and get ur self an android no matter d make...
tell dem bro.....
swallow ur pride...tecno all the way if u dont like tecno simply " Go & Die"

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by leslie1: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
I will miss the always low battery thing angry I tire o
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by lakefist(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Akainzo:

For most folks, the Android phone is used mainly for calls, games and browsing. What this means is during the day time, the phone is mainly idle.

For most BlackBerry users, they are chatting, browsing, doing mails and then calls. This means during the day time, the phone is actively used.

You cannot expect a parked car to use as much fuel as a moving car, neither should you expect your fuel to last a whole journey from PH to Lagos, simply because it lasts you a week when doing office to house commute.

Both phones were being used differently, do they consume power differently. Check online forums and see the many Galaxy S4 users that are complaining about battery once they start putting it through what the BlackBerry used to do for them.
Please do your findings b4 you conclude...
my Android is always running the only time i stop using it is when mam charging it...
I dont knw when last i boot my laptop since my Android can do almost what my laptop can do.
email,powerpoint,talking bible,blogging,lite photoshop,document scanner and d likes

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by okeyximo(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
lakefist:
tell dem bro.....
swallow ur pride...tecno all the way if u dont like tecno simply " Go & Die"
Lwkmh
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by haykayforreal(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
kekakuz: with the recent availability of bbm for android,many nigerians have waved their blackberrys goodbye and welcome android which also has the advatage of stronger batteries and its even more affordable (thanks to tecno,lg,samsung and others).
so for everyone who moved from bb to android,what will you miss most about blackberry.for me,i will miss the suscription as data on android is expensive.
who tell u say data on android 4 BBM is xpensive?
check out Airtel BBM 4 android,it z just N300 monthly compare wit N1,500 on blackberry,if u are on blackberry beta port 2 android,i believ BB manufacturer wil regret wot dey av done soon n stop BBM on android

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Use Activate Flashlight Notification On Calls On Tecno Camon CM / 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media / Glo Wap Manual Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.