Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

What Will You Miss About Blackberry - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Will You Miss About Blackberry (21216 Views)

All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" / What Is The Fuss About Blackberry / Ugly Truth About Blackberry Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by ponti93(m): 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
Steve Penninho: So if I carry my bold 5 stand nw, u ma go kary 12k tecno come dy rub shoulders wit me Are u a learner
lwkmd...and if i bring out my s4 ,u go bring out your 30k bold 5...smh

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Grahamjnr(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
I'll miss the way my landlord increase my rent when he saw that I was using Blackberry.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by unmask: 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Eseharrison: I use both: android and BB.

Even with D̶̲̥̅̊ introduction of swift key type, I can't compare t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲ D̶̲̥̅̊ fastness and feel of D̶̲̥̅̊ qwerty keypad of my BB

They'v both got their pros and cons.

BB does it for in terms of chatting on social medias.

My android can multitask so much, I love it so and got gud(y) games and D̶̲̥̅̊ touch screen comes in handt when I'm tired and lazy of pressing keypads.

I'll kip using Both but I find my self touching my BB more often

And unwinding with my android with games, music and d rest

#team BB and Android
sorry bro, the two don't mix.....and you begin to wonder why bb made touchscreen phones.....#team BB sucks......my n95 then could do more than bold 5 and I mean much more
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Fraih(f): 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
All comments really been making me lmao grin
Android....good for those who like to use different apps
Blackberry...good for those who like to surf the net,just dat it hangs and changes temperature wen too many apps are on.
Dunno why there are too many beefers here,use the phone U can afford instead of lambasting others. One thing,bbm on android cannot be like bbm on bb, its second hand pinging, not everyone can afford a brand new vehicle and an average working class uses one.so?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by winteriscoming: 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
kofsy: Absolutely nothing!!! God bless the makers of andriod. They saved me from the stranglehold of 5mins booting and snail speed Internet. wink Now a sister can watch videos on YouTube in peace and at the same time download series of series at the speed of light grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

My name is kofsy, i 'was' a blackberry addict.... grin

I liked your last line. A pun on AA
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by winteriscoming: 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
smh for those people forming class with BB. For prestige and class iPhone is the way to go.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by rman: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
NEROSKY:

you be advanced mumu, goto olx n check d price of bb n android... u need a wake up call

Android is not a phone but OS.

If you really want to compare. Compare BlackBerry's best, the Z30. With android's best Samsung galaxy S4, they are both equally matched.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by stchinedu: 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Blackberry was,is and will forever be more fashionable than tecno....am disgusted the way people carry 15k tecno up and down,parties,receptions,churches and thinking they ve arrived...bold 2 is still better in terms of speed of responce,email,msg thathe bleeping techno panties aka phantom....that's why u can't find mechanics using blackberry cos they know d phone is NOT their level
U must have written dis sh*t while peeping through the key hole of ur door. Who told u mechanics don't use BB? What gave u the myopic impression that BB is above their level? IF U ARE DISGUSTED AT PPLE CARRYING 15K TECHNO UP AND DOWN, HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU SEE PPLE CARRY SAMSUNG S4 OR THE LATEST SAMSUNG? apart from dat, how much does BB cost dat makes it above mechanics? My friend, your emotion lacks the benefit of an intellect!

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
candor4: Funny pple, is bb died?...........Nawa oooOo. People 2 dey form

Nah u take English murder bb oooo. Wetin be your own sef. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by isoboyea(m): 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Conductors use bb even in ph wia i stay cos mny dnt undrstnd andriod yet.abeg which planet u de? Bb is dead though i use one i have an andriod,its fastr to boot,apps u cnt compare wt bb,ma broswr opens fastr than d bb,inshut andriod is the bomb!
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by ddjay: 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
airtel bb bundle on android,d reason 4d MASSIVE USE OF ANDROID PHONES will end in few hrs.we all av no option bt to return to bb
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nakarey(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
[i][/i][s][/s][right][/right][center][/center]
[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]
anthoniosp: I will miss people taking thier chargers to even shrine
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by brownsoldier(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Blackberry was,is and will forever be more fashionable than tecno....am disgusted the way people carry 15k tecno up and down,parties,receptions,churches and thinking they ve arrived...bold 2 is still better in terms of speed of responce,email,msg thathe bleeping techno panties aka phantom....that's why u can't find mechanics using blackberry cos they know d phone is NOT their level
You're such a child. Because life afforded u better you think a mechanic doesn't deserve to use the same phone as you? Mehn grow up, lose the pride...its lethal
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by stchinedu: 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
Jastombutex11:

Nah u take English murder bb oooo. Wetin be your own sef. undecided undecided
Abi o! Abeg, wake me up wen d bobo begin talk sense undecided

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by eseosa77(m): 10:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: D issue all dis small bois fail to realize is that these nameless and brandless android phones was created for low income earners just to appease their poverty appetitie for cheap smart phones...go to america or germany and look for ur god forsaken tecno....d yeye bois can't even afford htc or galaxy....look @ serious minded business man who needs to communicate on d go u will see dem with BB...portable,sharp,cute....that's why nigeria will always live kissing asian a5ses..they got us in their palm.....shameless guys...u insult BB yet u download BBM just to wanna f_uk our girls...god pass una...when we were using BB...u guys were no where to be found until zun khan chan chi cho bailed u out now u running ur dirty mouths....

Tell them!poor people with poverty mindsets.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by winteriscoming: 10:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
rman:

Android is not a phone but OS.

If you really want to compare. Compare BlackBerry's best, the Z30. With android's best Samsung galaxy S4, they are both equally matched.

S4 is not Samsung's best. The note 3 is.
Camera : note 3
RAM : note 3
Display : note 3 (higher resolution and pixel density)
CPU: note 3
Graphics : note 3
Storage: note 3
Battery; note 3

Source : http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/BlackBerry-Z30,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3/phones/7519,7984
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nakarey(m): 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
Op what are u talkin abt??
Miss bbdem tell u say we don drop am...for ur info very few ppl have dropped there bb's for android,and this peepz are those who can afford d veri much expensive iphones and htc's not tecno.
Everyone u see carrying androids around now are those whom tecno av rescued from usin torchlights and nokias.
Blackberry rocked and is still rocking even better..

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Ezemmuo1: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
ehibia: Well, it depends on what you use the BB for...For me its a work tool and i cant imagine me or any of my people at work dropping the BB cos of some Android, i only installed the BBM on my android and i cant remember the last time i even used the application. BB is cool, cos it makes my work easy on the Go.
dear you need to get some android education then you will discover how much of a work tool it could turn out for you than BB. I was using BB as a work tool with its ability under MTN plan to check only 2 email accounts until I found out that with android I could check all my 5 accounts and more if I so wish. also am able to read any form of attachment (pdf, word, excel etc)and even print them wirelessly with Bluetooth or over a network to a remote printer all from my phone. the problem with Nigerians and phones expecially the females is that they hardly read or understand the specification of they buy. BB has nothing close to Android phones expecially the ones running on 4.2 jelly bean OS. ope u know your BB is a glorified java phone.you can't even start comparing processor speeds.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by eseosa77(m): 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
With this I now know that android users are inate liars.if u hate bb y are u using BIS on android phones?,secondly If u don't miss blackberry y are u all ranting here to protest the stopage of BIS on andoid phones?.suffering and smilling

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by iamdhebuck(m): 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
phucking idi.ot...ure disgusted by another persons choice of phone?once more ure a phucking idio.t.Shalom.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by moppie123(m): 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
ehibia: Well, it depends on what you use the BB for...For me its a work tool and i cant imagine me or any of my people at work dropping the BB cos of some Android, i only installed the BBM on my android and i cant remember the last time i even used the application. BB is cool, cos it makes my work easy on the Go.
An android phone covers any official/business thing a bb does. With an android phone u have apps that view ur autocad presentations without hitches, u can always edit words, view heavy pdf files without unnecessary hanging,u can read ebooks, u can even scan documents with an app called CAMSCANNER which even converts to Pdf if u want. The push email is awesome. U can view and edit powerpoint and excel documents with ur android. As an engineer there are apps for ur tools from a simple plum to a ruler, compass and more complex tools for networking and satellite installations. With a samsung android u also have a vpn netwok which if well connected keeps u on the go with ur android as u can always manipulate ur laptop at home as long as it's on from wherever u are, that way u can always get important documents when u are in Lagos and ur laptop is in owerri as long as the vpn is configured well and ur laptop is on. Need I remind u of the wireless hotspot, the wifi direct which enables u transfer huge files in a matter of minutes like 3 gig in just 6 minutes. The web browser is also very efficient and a hacked flashplayer 11.1 will give it that extra efficiency. U also have ur torrnt downloader, ur various media players, ur powerful games and google maps that ensures u are right on track. Photo editing has gone beyond photo studio and picmix or picstory, we are talking abt the picsarts, the camera360's, the instagram's, the snapseed's,the fotorus', these are all wonderful apps that can make a monkey look decent. I can always go on and on abt how dispensable a bb is in recent times and I don't miss my bold 4... Tho the affordable internet is a plus for it

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Ekowise(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
see this one oooo. mechanic no dey use watin?
even omo-alata, elepka, iya-alamala...
...etc all use BB. the are very very cheap and affordable especially now. go to computer village with 10k or even less, you will buy a clean bold2.
goodbye to phone hanging n poor battery. someone said he will miss AppWorld. have u seen Google Play or Mobo which are far better. Android phones all the way jare.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Eseharrison(m): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
unmask: sorry bro, the two don't mix.....and you begin to wonder why bb made touchscreen phones.....#team BB sucks......my n95 then could do more than bold 5 and I mean much more

Soon, U̶̲̥̅̊'ll say touch screen is an android thing.

I'm usind both and they sure do mix like 'bread and tea'.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by winteriscoming: 12:00am On Dec 03, 2013
eseosa77: With this I now know that android users are inate liars.if u hate bb y are u using BIS on android phones?,secondly If u don't miss blackberry y are u all ranting here to protest the stopage of BIS on andoid phones?.suffering and smilling

Your answer is in your post. I wouldn't say 'hate' but I certainly never liked bb devices. If the smartphone plans were as lucrative as the BB plans I'll be using them. But they're not and I'll be damned if I see a good bis plan that works on my DROID but I decide to go for ridiculously priced smartphone plans just because I don't like BB.
My dislike is not saving me money. Nuff said.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by DanWrites(m): 12:06am On Dec 03, 2013
lakefist:
tell dem bro.....
swallow ur pride...tecno all the way if u dont like tecno simply " Go & Die"
U sound rather too pained.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by DanWrites(m): 12:23am On Dec 03, 2013
moppie123: An android phone covers any official/business thing a bb does. With an android phone u have apps that view ur autocad presentations without hitches, u can always edit words, view heavy pdf files without unnecessary hanging,u can read ebooks, u can even scan documents with an app called CAMSCANNER which even converts to Pdf if u want. The push email is awesome. U can view and edit powerpoint and excel documents with ur android. As an engineer there are apps for ur tools from a simple plum to a ruler, compass and more complex tools for networking and satellite installations. With a samsung android u also have a vpn netwok which if well connected keeps u on the go with ur android as u can always manipulate ur laptop at home as long as it's on from wherever u are, that way u can always get important documents when u are in Lagos and ur laptop is in owerri as long as the vpn is configured well and ur laptop is on. Need I remind u of the wireless hotspot, the wifi direct which enables u transfer huge files in a matter of minutes like 3 gig in just 6 minutes. The web browser is also very efficient and a hacked flashplayer 11.1 will give it that extra efficiency. U also have ur torrnt downloader, ur various media players, ur powerful games and google maps that ensures u are right on track. Photo editing has gone beyond photo studio and picmix or picstory, we are talking abt the picsarts, the camera360's, the instagram's, the snapseed's,the fotorus', these are all wonderful apps that can make a monkey look decent. I can always go on and on abt how dispensable a bb is in recent times and I don't miss my bold 4... Tho the affordable internet is a plus for it

Bros, u dae sell fone? Abi na u sabi pass d guy wae don dae use d fone since dae do him work...nawao. all dis work for Google without pay.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 03, 2013
hustla:

I was just going to check out comments.. But I had to comment
Flexibilty and security?
Really?

My people perish for lack of knowledge

Throw away that 17thcentury BB and use android please

[b]I'll advice you to stick to a less complex debate like football next time. I'm not an IT professional but I've read so much on mobile security to ascertain my conclusion that Blackberry offers more flexibility and security than any other platform.

You're probably in Nigeria so i don't expect you to work or run an enterprise server on your smart phone. Like yourself, most Nigerians bought their blackberry devices for the social status, and not for work.

Have you used a Blackberry device professionally before?
Did you have an Enterprise server running on your phone?

Have you heard of S/MIME?
Blackberry protect?
Blackberry Safeguard?
Blackberry Balance?
Blackberry Malware Prevention?
Do you know that there's NO ROOT ACCESS to Blackberry devices? 99% hackers proof
And it is Encrypted with a 256-bit key?

Does Android offer all these as standard security features?

Like i said, stick to a less complex debate next time. Blackberry is not an open-source platform like Android and iOS, they are very security conscious and that's why it's a PROsumer device, not a gaming or entertainment device.
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by sobmos(m): 12:49am On Dec 03, 2013
This issue don tire me biko..if you like android na for your pocket.if you like bb na for ur pocket too. I love android.but I'm still waiting for the day android too can have 'BIS' like bb..then I'll JEJELY go and buy an android phone.for now Android and iOS is ruling the phone industry.but without the so called BIS bb is nothing again oooooo.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by sobmos(m): 12:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Ezemmuo_1: dear you need to get some android education then you will discover how much of a work tool it could turn out for you than BB. I was using BB as a work tool with its ability under MTN plan to check only 2 email accounts until I found out that with android I could check all my 5 accounts and more if I so wish. also am able to read any form of attachment (pdf, word, excel etc)and even print them wirelessly with Bluetooth or over a network to a remote printer all from my phone. the problem with Nigerians and phones expecially the females is that they hardly read or understand the specification of they buy. BB has nothing close to Android phones expecially the ones running on 4.2 jelly bean OS. ope u know your BB is a glorified java phone.you can't even start comparing processor speeds.
my dear you're way off point and target! I'm using a curve 4 with OS7.1 and I can open and operate unlimited number of emails.ok...now to what you can do on bb proper there mad apps on bb that are not on bb world.just google search and see sites the are 3rd party apps and games.+ive you handled and operated the Z30?please make your findings before you post or comment on anything!
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by leofab(f): 1:41am On Dec 03, 2013
Just a word for the Techno [Andriod] Users. An Empty Vassel makes the LOUDEST NOISE. They just want to publicize it so that the phone might gain some respect. We all knew how it started witi 'China phones' people were criticizing Nokia until their phone speakers starting busting while playing.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by leofab(f): 1:43am On Dec 03, 2013
Just a word for the Techno [Andriod] Users. An Empty Vassel makes the LOUDEST NOISE. They just want to publicize it so that the phone might gain some respect. We all knew how it started with 'China phones' people were criticizing Nokia until their phone speakers starting busting while playing.
Re: What Will You Miss About Blackberry by NEROSKY(m): 1:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Vicdedean: I love my BB. I'm not going to abandon it. Its a cool smart phone for those who know how to use it and what it is meant for. Besides, some of you are right about the cool subscription and downloads- for those who know where and how... I just love my BlackBerry smart phone!!!
With my blackberry I post on wordpress blog, blogger, linkedin, google+, facebook, twitter and other social media platforms - upload videos on youtube, and the list goes on. What else does one need and show me a smart phone that can do all these with great data subscription
u an olodo, if not for NL rules n regulation i 4 call u mumu, just listen 2 urself, u cant reason well All the above you've mentioned re they not call social networking We're talking about heavy usage of social networking, hardcore gaming, picture quality , IPS n AMOLED display which is more than HD display with no hanging.. A frnd gave me Z10 love-vendor , i was realy ashamed of BB devices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Use Activate Flashlight Notification On Calls On Tecno Camon CM / 7 Silly Things People Do On Social Media / Glo Wap Manual Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.