Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Why Do Girls Have To Cook? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Girls Have To Cook? (9850 Views)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? / My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Oyemine: 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2006
check this out people i have a girlfriend who has vowed not to learn how to cook just incase a guy breaks her heart so she does not have to worry about how many times she bothered herself to cook for him. Breaking nails and all. Well i love to cook, tome cooking is an art and not just cooking, cooking good food. wink
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Anigboinam(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2006
Nia, Your debating skills are lacking. I don't know where you recieved your educational training because its obvious fact presentation is not your strong point. Its based more on philosophy and fictional inuendos and less on reality. So I will let my previous post stand until there is a better clearer arguement to respond to.  If you take that as an insult rather than constructive criticism. So be it.

Nevertheless,
What is the crime? That I cannot state a simple preference. Men like women who cooks.

OHHHHHH the travesty for a male to say such a thing. He wants to take a womens rights. He's defining her. He's threatening her into submission by even uttering his wishes. (roll's eyes) This is a primary example of when PC culture has gone out of control.

If there is a thread Why do men have to work? Why can't it be optional.
Nia I hope you will be as fervent in your opposition.

p.s. the above post , gender n/a telling.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Nia: 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2006
Anigboinam:

Nia, Your debating skills are lacking. I don't know where you recieved your educational training because its obvious fact presentation is not your strong point. Its based more on philosophy and fictional inuendos and less on reality. So I will let my previous post stand until there is a better clearer arguement to respond to.  If you take that as an insult rather than constructive criticism. So be it.

Nevertheless,
What is the crime? That I cannot state a simple preference. Men like women who cooks.

OHHHHHH the travesty for a male to say such a thing. He wants to take a womens rights. He's defining her. He's threatening her into submission by even uttering his wishes. (roll's eyes) This is a primary example of when PC culture has gone out of control.

If there is a thread Why do men have to work? Why can't it be optional.
Nia I hope you will be as fervent in your opposition.

p.s. the above post , gender n/a telling.

LOL
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Anigboinam(m): 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2006
cheesy ( Not my problem).

Svs goodluck with that not cooking habit.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by keliscia(f): 11:01pm On Jun 21, 2006
but i think that cooking is not made only for women,
i live in EUROPE AND I SEE MEN THAT COOK FOR THEIR WOMEN, AND I ALSO SEE MY MUM SO HAPPY TO SEE MY DAD COOKING FOR HER, I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE SHOULD COOK ALLWAYS , ONES THAT MAKE YOUR WOMEN FELL LOVED BY YOU,  AND MAKE HER FEEL HAPPY TO HAVE A MAN LIKE YOU kiss wink cheesy smiley kiss

Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Anigboinam(m): 1:42am On Jun 22, 2006
Keliscia good point. wink
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by kemulala(f): 1:47am On Jun 29, 2006
cooking is , well not my favorites things to do, but I´m telling you oh!! when the time comes that you live on your own the it comes in handy,
You don´t have to love cooking, just use it to survive in case of emergency. Beside one day, you can use it to have you guy at your feet.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by soulpatrol(f): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2006
oh please people, learning how to cook because of a man still doesnt guarantee that he wont leave you for another woman if he wants to. men are greedy! give them everthing and theyll still do what they want to do. if a woman is going to learn how to cook, she should just do it for the sake of knowing how so she doesnt have to get fat on junk food. period!
my mum made me learn how to cook, as well as my brothers, bless her for it, and i'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend that can cook, so we take turns in doing it, no complaints, cool . no be say him go siddon for house i go dey do housewife. angry
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2006
welcome to nairaland,soul wink
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by soulpatrol(f): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2006
kemu_lala:

cooking is , well not my favorites things to do, but I´m telling you oh!! when the time comes that you live on your own the it comes in handy,
You don´t have to love cooking, just use it to survive in case of emergency. Beside one day, you can use it to have you guy at your feet.

I agree with what you said about learning it when you find youreslf on your own. good point. even when my mum was teaching me i hated it, but now that im in school on my own, ive come to appreciate it. saves me alot of money on fast food which is just so fattening,  i know a lot of north american girls here that dont know what to do in the kitchen and i feel sorry for them, because theyre mums should have taught them for when theyre on their own.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by soulpatrol(f): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2006
svs:

welcome to nairaland,soul wink

thanks svs! i'm so glad to be here. this is the most interesting forum ever. dont know why it took me so long to join. always makes my day to read posts. ya'll are really interesting!!!!!! keep representing!!!!!! smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2006
cool.glad u like it,its interesting for me as well.
[b]warning:[/b]its addictive grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by retro(f): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2006
Sadly, Svs is right. It IS addictive.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2006
retro sup?
ure here again
how are ya today?
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by retro(f): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2006
I'm sad. I'm watching the news and they're talking about France. It's funny, Italy won but France is more popular. Bwhahaha. Anyhoo, I'm sad France lost.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2006
umn zidane was preety vicious wasnt he
am kinda happy for italy
but france put in more effort undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by retro(f): 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2006
I hate Zidane for what he did, it's just so sad. Definately the Italian guy made a racist remark and Zizou got mad.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by kellorah: 12:37am On Jul 14, 2006
it wasnt racist. he insulted his mom/sis, something like dat
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by denny4ril: 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ SVS: cooking is not a taboo but a choice. if a guy decides not to cook, he can conveniently sell for a one-stop joint and cool off. no worries. african guys always have a way around a situation and dat makes dem special
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Fhemmmy: 12:22am On Sep 26, 2009
cos they cook better.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Potu(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2009
Why do girls have to cook?

Girls have to cook because (naturally, with a few exceptions) they have nurturing in their genes. Getting pregnant and having babies lie in their domain. Nurturing extends naturally from generation to generation of females. There is nothing condescending with cooking. Many good chefs are men.

If you are the exception, don't worry. There are lots of men out there who love to cook and will love to have you for a wife and take care of you. We say they have a lot of feminine side in them; nothing wrong with that.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by agathamari(f): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
because the men say if the wife cant cook then he is allowed to cheat on her cause he isnt fulfilling his every need. women think if her man eats outside the house he is automaticaly cheating on her and because men think thier hands will burst into flames or thier members will fall off if hey touch the stove
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
agathamari:

because the men say if the wife cant cook then he is allowed to cheat on her cause he isnt fulfilling his every need. women think if her man eats outside the house he is automaticaly cheating on her and because men think thier hands will burst into flames or thier members will fall off if hey touch the stove

Silly excuse.
I think it has been designed that way from the beginning that the man will go out there and come back home to provide for the family and the woman to take care of the home, however, all that has changed, cos we now have more woman going out there to go and work and with that, the men need to change too, at least help in the house and not make the woman to be a slave.
It irritates me to see a man sit down watching the TV and screaming that he is hungry, while the woman is running up and down, changing the diaper of the kids and making sure the food aint burning on the damn stove.
The man cld at least do something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by rubi(f): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Silly excuse.
I think it has been designed that way from the beginning that the man will go out there and come back home to provide for the family and the woman to take care of the home, however, all that has changed, cos we now have more woman going out there to go and work and with that, the men need to change too, at least help in the house and not make the woman to be a slave.
It irritates me to see a man sit down watching the TV and screaming that he is hungry, while the woman is running up and down, changing the diaper of the kids and making sure the food aint burning on the damn stove.
Nice one
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by agathamari(f): 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Silly excuse.
it was a joke dear
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
agathamari:

it was a joke dear

u got one on me right there.
Do me i do you and i am sure, when i do mine, that one go sweet pass.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by flakey94: 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
SvS,
I think the major snag here is that you see cooking as a chore and not as something to be enjoyed!! At 16, it's okay to be a free spirit but remember no knowledge is lost so if you do know how you actually might use it sometime in the future and if you don't , no loss there!
When it comes to men and food, the average man would like to be involved with someone who can cook but who says you have to do average?
By the way, no man will cheat on you because you can't cook, if he is a cheater, he will do so no matter what you do!!!
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Epi: 3:19am On Dec 13, 2009
@poster

They are better cooks than men cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by chiogo(f): 3:23am On Dec 13, 2009
^ How come most chefs are male? tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Epi: 3:26am On Dec 13, 2009
^^hahaha, you got me on that one. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by clemcykul(f): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
@topic
girls have to cook cuss they are mothers, and that is the natural instinctive thing to do. prepare food for the home
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by selencious(f): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
Hey, It is not a taboo for African guys to cook;I bet you, most guys nowadays are great cooks. But, as a lady, it is compulsory that you learn how to cook. A lady that does not know how to cook is sure a disgrace to female generation, especially as an African. If you think you gonna get a maid; don't be surprised if you loose your husband to the maid or another lady outside. I have lived in the U.S almost all of mi life; But I bet you, you can hardly find an African gurl who can cook African dishes like I do. This is because I know its the right thing to do; so I learnt how to cook em all from mi mum.  Even the whites ladies here all know how to cook.  Stop being lazy and making flimpsy excuses, Go learn how to cook, before its too late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Healthy Food More Expensive Than 'junk Food"? / Food That People Above 45 Should Eat And Avoid / Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.