Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,796,633 members, 6,681,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 07:56 PM

Faith, Changes & Tolerance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith, Changes & Tolerance (161 Views)

Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global / Will Secularism Promote Religious Tolerance In Nigeria ? What's Your Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:19pm On May 20, 2021
It's common for people to declare they're not participating in some common traditions and customs for various reasons, though such changes often result in fierce opposition by friends and families whose lives are engulfed in such traditions.
The only way forward is to ask the person questions about his or her sudden change. Could such change bring any physical benefits?
Will it not deprive others of their rights as family members?
Does the change only relate to faith and things relating to faith alone?
Are others who aren't interested in the faith safe?

This Igbo man converted to Islam (for reasons best known to him) but the attitude of all those around him changed to the extent that they all left him due to his new found faith.

So my question is How can people reconcile Faith or Change with tolerance?

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by Greenholics: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's common for people to declare they're not participating in some common traditions and customs for various reasons, though such changes often result in fierce opposition by friends and families whose lives are engulfed in such traditions.
The only way forward is to ask the person questions about his or her sudden change. Could such change bring any physical benefits?
Will it not deprive others of their rights as family members?
Does the change only relate to faith and things relating to faith alone?
Are others who aren't interested in the faith safe?

This Igbo man converted to Islam (for reasons best known to him) but the attitude of all those around him changed to the extent that they all left him due to his new found faith.

So my question is How can people reconcile Faith or Change with tolerance?

Lol........ really? Same you that said non Jw family members you will treat them like strangers? Lol hahahahahahahahaa fake ass! Really?

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Greenholics:

Lol........ really? Same you that said non Jw family members you will treat them like strangers? Lol hahahahahahahahaa fake ass! Really?

This is your problem!
You don't really meditate on what you hear or read before jumping to conclusions.
This is a man who has taken good care of his wife and children from infancy till they become adults so his convertion shouldn't make his wife and children abandon him.
If he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses before and suddenly chose to join another religion it's members of our group to whom he is related by faith that must not relate with him again, as for his immediate family they must not involve in anything having to do with worship but he still remains a member of their family.

So learn to know the difference!

The person i relate with due to faith will no longer be my relation once we're no more worshiping the same God, but the person to whom i'm related by blood must remain my relation it's matters having to do with sacred services that we can no longer engage one another!

I know you will still come around so you're welcome anytime my friend! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by achorladey: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Greenholics:

No mind am, he will enter denial mode instantly.

One of the videos shown to them at their meeting shows how a member of the FAMILY(SON) who disassociated or was disfellowshipped from the religious organization called his mother(who is still a member) on phone. The video shows the mother who saw the incoming call and did not answer or respond at all. grin grin

He will start defending and denying what is already in full view. The mother will rather pick up the calls of STRANGERS than that of his sons or blood relatives who decides to leave the religious organization.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by achorladey: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This is your problem!
You don't really meditate on what you hear or read before jumping to conclusions.
This is a man who has taken good care of his wife and children from infancy till they become adults so his convertion shouldn't make his wife and children abandon him.
If he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses before and suddenly chose to join another religion it's members of our group to whom he is related by faith that must not relate with him again, as for his immediate family they must not involve in anything having to do with worship but he still remains a member of their family.

So learn to know the difference!

The person i relate with due to faith will no longer be my relation once we're no more worshiping the same God, but the person to whom i'm related by blood must remain my relation it's matters having to do with sacred services that we can no longer engage one another!

I know you will still come around so you're welcome anytime my friend! smiley

Your religious leaders told you not to relate with such ones even via EMAILS grin grin

Even to pick the calls from such person are not allowed paapaa.

Reality says una no dey follow wetin una dey teach.
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
What a pity! embarassed
Running after Lazarus for droplet of water to cool his thirst.
Ó mà ṣeo! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by achorladey: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What a pity! embarassed
Running after Lazarus for droplet of water to cool his thirst.
Ó mà ṣeo! embarassed

The post touch you grin grin grin. Lazarus na him you see, you go still see richman grin This self imposed censorship look good on you Baba grin

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by Janosky: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
achorladey:

Your religious leaders told you not to relate with such ones even via EMAILS grin grin

Even to pick the calls from such person are not allowed paapaa.

Reality says una no dey follow wetin una dey teach.
Is 1st John 2:9-11 in your Bible?
Is 1 Corinthians 5:1-2,9-13 in your Bible?

Continue to Argue against that Bible you hide under your pillow.
Worshipper of 3 doghead na your way.grin
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by achorladey: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Janosky:

Oh not picking calls and not sending emails dey your Bible Mr DOGHEAD PEDDLER grin grin

MaxInDHouse come and carry your Lazarus who loves peddling DOGHEADS grin grin
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
Janosky:

He will continue to follow you bumper to bumper as long as you're responding to him, there's no other place he can go to get a relief from the torment he's undergoing.
I just pity him because he'll go nowhere till tomorrow as long as you're replying him!
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by johnw47: 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Janosky:

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

lost fraud jw janosky
forever blaspheming Jehovah Jesus and the Holy Spirit, of course

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(1) (Reply)

Who Decided The 27 Books Included In The New Testament Cano / Is The World Coming To An End? What Is The Apocalypse? / Nigerians Must Return To Path Of Peace – Cac’s Prophet Hezekiah Oladeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.