Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? (8215 Views)

5 Historic Sites You Should Visit In Ghana / Before You Pay That Malaysia Agent Read This / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Adesam09(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Omo Oduduwa ni mi. Yes i'll pay. Infact i've always wanted to visit the festival in Osun where a Mermaid would come out of water, i don't know if it's true or just another fairy tale.
u mean osun osogbo festival abi? Nothing like mermaid go come out oo
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will pay to east, west, south but not north and u know why
I don't wanna be in a tour Den hear Boom! Den I go begin regret why I leave My house......
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by 12month: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
hmm isn't there any nairaland club party coming up this year... it would be fun though
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by massmedia: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Have been to all this place,,,,as a student of GREAT IFE(OAU),,have gone on excursions to all those places,,,,but i must tell you Ikogosi is boring
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by oyedun82(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
endtime_signs: For sale. N30k

wat sef? Na only U?
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by IGBOPRESIDENT(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
cheesy I want to visit Idanre hills.
Then Ogboni fraternity's coven.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by balo(m): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
1. Yes
2. Between N10,000 and N20,000 should be fair for a 2-day tour.
3. East, South South and North Central for now.
4. I am not really a social media person but I will try.
5. Cash to the Tour Operator before take off.
6. Yes

To be honest, we really need to develop our tourist sites in Nigeria. There are so many places to go to. So many high hills in South-West for example, and some are even without (recognisable) names. The likes of Ado-Awaiye hill in Oyo State and Idanre Hill should be well modernized as the story/folklore behind these hills can lead to thousands of tourists visiting every year.

I am very much interested in these organised tours.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by coolzeal(m): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
I'd love to visit and I have always admire great works of Arts in antiquity. I may be Igbo but Yoruba are great people in ancient time.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Of course it's a fantastic idea, and well overdue. Just make sure the package is 100% reliable and does exactly what it says on the brochure, and you'll make too much money. Don't make the mistake of trying to be too big at the early stages. If your tour can only accommodate twenty people in one month, start with that. Don't pretend (or assume) you can handle 1 thousand tourists a month and then you lose your reputation when things get messed up (from then on, believe me, it's downhill).

Good luck.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by mrsage(m): 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
@rosikke thank you. The plan is to have between 5 to 10 people a week. Weekends only for a start.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Kamdi2013: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will pay to visit tourist sites but the long drive on very bad roads and fear of kidnapping/armed robbery puts me off. If our roads were in good condition, one will gladly visit the sites.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by miqos02(m): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
i will be interested in tours that wont take more than 3hrs drive on the road, i hate long distance journeys
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by sirwilly1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Davo93: Q1. Would
you be willing to visit some states in Yoruba land like Osun, Oyo, Ondo
etc?
Ans: With All Pleasure. Although i have been to almost all the South
West states.

Q2. How much would you be willing to pay for a well packaged tour of 1
or 2 days. Weekends only? *Affordable*
Ans: It depends on the tour location and how well the tour is
packaged. smiley

Q3. Will you be willing to visit other historic sites in the East, South
South, North etc?
Ans: For now, the North is a no-go-area for me cheesy. Others, maybe.

Q4. We intend to publicize this through social media. Will you willingly
follow the exploits and the adventure online?
Ans: Yes

Q5. Will you like to book and pay online before the tour or in a
physical office or cash to the tour operator just before take off?
Ans: Any should be ok provided it is no fraud.

Q6. For those outside Lagos, will you like a well packaged tour to Lagos
where you will get a feel of the Lagos life and visit some nice places?
Ans: No, 'Lagos life' is not my choice cheesy

Bros, this you comment na the tour guide FAQ?
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Ngokafor(f): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
@op nice concept!..i personally wont mind visiting some historical sites in not just SW but other parts of the country cos i love history...
..but i think there should be more awareness concerning this venture cos lots of people may not be aware that these sites exist...the zoos for instance,i use to think that they no longer exist in the country.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by kaygeorge(m): 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
yes,y not
probably i might learn one or two tinz i never knew b4 cos no one is an epitome of knowledge and i believe travelling down to historical site will give me intense memory of my land and ancestors.........*gbam
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Ngokafor(f): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
@op to answer your questions..
1) Yes.

2)Dont know,you'll probably have to give your clients your best rates depending on the number of days...it's left for us to decide whether it's affordable or not...

3)Oh yes!!..apart from the north that is....Cross RiverState has some cool tourist attractions...

4)Yes/perhaps..

5)Online preferably..But if you have an office in Abuja then cool..

6)Lagos attraction for me is the Badagry slave route as well as the first modern bulding.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Ngokafor(f): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kamdi2013: I will pay to visit tourist sites but the long drive on very bad roads and fear of kidnapping/armed robbery puts me off. If our roads were in good condition, one will gladly visit the sites.

Chai thats trueoo!...the security situation in the country is something else.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Davo93(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
sir willy:
Bros, this you comment na the tour guide FAQ?
cheesygrin I was only trying to respond to the OP's questions.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by MyJwell: 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yes...why not...count me in
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by simplygray(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Evening all, enough of the chit chat lets get down mr sage pls start gathering contacts for those interested , I am number one ohh here is my mail addy : okenegray@gmail.com, please let's make this a success. Thanks
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by mrsage(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
I understand the security concerns, for now, we may exclude the Northern part of Nigeria for obvious reasons known to all.
Then for people who wish to visit Lagos, we have good knowledge of Lagos, roads, traffic situation and all. generally, traffic is usually lighter on sundays, so major visits could be scheduled based on this.
Lagos is also blessed with beaches, wildlife, landmark buildings, entertainment and of course Badagry is a nice place to visit. I'm sure you all agree
A well grounded tour operator will pay attention to every little detail.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by soulglo: 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
I would
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hmmm. Its the north I want to go to, I've never been to the north.
The reserves, argungu festivals etc.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by 5thNOTE: 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
It is a good initiative and should be affordably reasonable.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 05, 2013
timpaker: Good initiative. I remember when I was in primary school my uncle usually take us out to these states for vacation (that's if we excelled in our studies).
I can vividly recall memories of olumo rock, Ibadan zoon and the osun river.
Its sad that people hardly visit these places like before (even me)
chairman abeg where that ibadan zoon dey?grin grin
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Pistolx(m): 12:29am On Dec 05, 2013
will u
be ready 2 visit sambisa game reserve in borno state
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by mrsage(m): 12:50am On Dec 05, 2013
SOME NOTABLE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
Ikogosi warm spring
Osun River
Erin-Ijesha water falls
Idanre hills
Oranmiyan
MicCom golf course (that place is nice!!)
Obafemi Awolowo University
University of Ibadan (Zoo)
Zoo in Ile Ife
Palace of the Ooni of Ife
Badagry etc.
Just imagine a brief adventure in a comfortable bus, fully air conditioned, careful driver, an experienced guide, good food, hotel accomodation to suit your pocket. It's all about convenuence, fun and adventure at an affordable price

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by AreaFada2: 5:49am On Dec 05, 2013
@OP

Nigeria is a place where accidents are common. Don't forget insurance to cover your clients/visitors.

People suffer injuries everytime and plunge many families into poverty.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Sheenor: 7:30am On Dec 05, 2013
mr sage: the idea is to pay a service provider (a tour guide) for transportation, feeding, access to the historic sites, hotel accommodation and all others, so you have a nice and memorable experience. All the logistics will be handled by us
dat sound great!........i love the idea...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic Photos! Accident At Ojuelegba Just Now / List Of Businesses You Can Do As A Foreigner In Brazil / Republic Of Georgia Visa On Arrival Document!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.