Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States (7205 Views)

SHOCKING: Buhari’s Minister, Mama Taraba Boasting How She Controls The Judiciary / Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai / The Richest Most Powerfull 7 Year Old In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by nduchucks: 2:28am On Dec 04, 2013
Symphony007: it is not a cult, never was a cult, and never will be a cult.

Eckankar is considered a cult - Read with Open Mind by the Cult

Appears to be a Kafiri cult
Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by Symphony007: 2:48am On Dec 04, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Eckankar is considered a cult - Read with Open Mind by the Cult

Appears to be a Kafiri cult
i don't need to read an article that might have been written by ant troll to know about something i know everything about. Eckankar is not a cult, simple and short.

www.eckankar.org
Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by Ayekotoo(m): 7:38am On Dec 04, 2013
emk4lif:
but Akpabio is probably the best governor this country has ever had as regards infrastructure devt
what's your definition of infrastructural development? if handful of road constructions is what you termed infrastructure development, I think you will need to learn how to use the phrase. with the largest budget in Nigeria, Akpabio is a failure!
Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by 1wolex85: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2013
jmaine:

Nothing went down bruv, the same people who voted for GEJ voted for Fashola and that includes me a non ACN supporter.

If you doubt, go and figure out the Lagos poll results percentages and take due correction devoid of lies and propaganda.
Its easy to find out. Ask any corps member who participated in densely populated areas in Lagos during the 2011 elections, i am talking about alimosho lga, lagos island lga and mushin lga, oshodi lga etc. It was simply money for votes. It was only on the day of the presidential election that ACN agents didn't mobilize. that was the only election day they didn't share money to voters or collation officers at the collation centre. Only PDP shared money that day. That day was the only day Bode George won an election in his ward on Lagos Island. He was so happy, after sharing money to all around, He gave 100 dollars each to each corps member there. If you know any corps member who participated in the election and was posted to Lagos Island, they can confirm the story for you. Why else will the ACN agents not share money if they hadn't been told to stand down?
Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hmph. APC rules Rivers State, not by election but by one man's impunity. Where's the democracy? The state house of assembly was conveniently pushed aside in preparation for this move, and now our Governor has Carte Blanche to effect all his machinations.

Whether or not a Governor should remain in office after defecting to another party has been debated a lot lately ( in the cases of Ohakim, Shinkafi and even Amaechi himself). What do we vote for, candidate or Party. Because the constitution doesn't explicitly state that a Governor should vacate his seat after crossing the carpet (As it does for legislators), although it demands that a candidate must campaign on the platform of a party to be electable, the evasiveness has been interpreted at the courts discretion. In 2006, Omehia won the gubernatorial elections on the PDP platform and was sworn in on 29th May 2007. A few months later it was declared that Amaechi and not Media was PDP's legitimate candidate and Amaechi was sworn in automatically in October (no further elections necessary) because PDP had won the election. AmaechI's/PDP's tenure Is assumed to have started In May not October. That judgement was made because it was assumed the people voted the party not the man (Omehia).

By that same logIc, there are grounds to remove AmaechI by Impeachment or otherwIse sInce PDP's tenure in Rivers State is not yet up. But that move was preempted and we no longer have a state house to oppose the Governor's highhandedness. It is now up to the people of Rivers State (who gave their mandate through election and have been robbed by one man) to seek justice through the courts.
Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Symphony007: i said it and i will say it again. Goodluck jonathan will not loose a single state in the niger delta, not because he is so beloved and has done anything special for them but because of sentiments. That will not be the same in rivers state. The future of PDP in rivers state depends greatly on the person they make their candidate for the gubernatorials in 2015. Rivers state has withnessed peace from cultism and great development throughout ameachi term, no party afiliation or sentiments will make them return to their old vomit by electing a cronic cultist like wike or abiye sekibo, the man who promised them that if elected, they will sleep with one eye open. I also hope to be around in 2015 when this shell shock will be delivered to you all.
bros no de call Sekibo and Wike. Wike na Senate things, Sekibo no get political future in Rivers. Trust me PDP wll SWEEP Rivers in ALL election. You don't know the political psychology of the Ijaw people.

You are still a learner if you think APC of all party will finish top 3 in Rivers State. Even Amaechi knows this

1 Like

Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by jmaine: 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
1wolex85:
Its easy to find out. Ask any corps member who participated in densely populated areas in Lagos during the 2011 elections, i am talking about alimosho lga, lagos island lga and mushin lga, oshodi lga etc. It was simply money for votes. It was only on the day of the presidential election that ACN agents didn't mobilize. that was the only election day they didn't share money to voters or collation officers at the collation centre. Only PDP shared money that day. That day was the only day Bode George won an election in his ward on Lagos Island. He was so happy, after sharing money to all around, He gave 100 dollars each to each corps member there. If you know any corps member who participated in the election and was posted to Lagos Island, they can confirm the story for you. Why else will the ACN agents not share money if they hadn't been told to stand down?

Bros as interesting as your story sounds, it is rigged with numerous subjective claims . . . The turn out in the presidential election was impressive against the low turn out during the Legislative poll.

Am conversant with a lot of Corp members who participated in some areas you mentioned, and with the vigilance and awareness of the populace to stay and ensure their votes were counted were declared. Such practice won't ever happen in the open even if your claims were true . . .
Re: APC Nows Controls The Two Richest And Most Powerfull States by 1wolex85: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2013
jmaine:

Bros as interesting as your story sounds, it is rigged with numerous subjective claims . . . The turn out in the presidential election was impressive against the low turn out during the Legislative poll.

Am conversant with a lot of Corp members who participated in some areas you mentioned, and with the vigilance and awareness of the populace to stay and ensure their votes were counted were declared. Such practice won't ever happen in the open even if your claims were true . . .

Naaa! It's obvious you are not conversant with corp members who participated in that area. Not at all. If you are, you would know all parties were buying votes. Also note that all elections are local (i hope you understand that saying). In these areas, turn out for presidential was about the same as that for the legislative elections. you don't have to believe me but i was a PO on berkeley street on Lagos island, so i am not telling you hear say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion / MC Oluomo Seen In The Hospital After Being Stabbed In The Neck At APC Campaign R / Governor Abdullahi Ganduje Of Kano Looks Dapper In Military Uniform (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.