Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,107 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate (1996 Views)

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date / Family Section Debate::: Please Vote for a topic of your choice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2013
We started on the 15th of November and we ended it with the finals yesterday, 1st of December.

Out of the 8 contestants and 4 rounds of debating, Obinoscopy wins the first ever Family Section Debate.

Obinoscopy (Contestant 5) was also the winner of the first (Elimination) round. He also topped his group in the semi finals.

Following him is Efemena_XY. Efemena had the highest points during the Quater final (Rebuttal Stage). She also topped her group in the Semi finals.

I also say kudos to all the contestants. You all did a good job.

Thanks for your time.

Congratulations to you all. !!!

Final Thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1536958/should-parents-support-teenage-relationship

4 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 10:40am On Dec 02, 2013
I would like to say a big thank you to all the judges as well and everyone who participated in making it a worthy venture.

Thanks Jaybee, my able chief judge. lol. Thanks Sisikill, Ileobatojo, Debosky, Coogar and Sagamite. And the ever present audience esp Ifyalways, Yellopawpaw, ChairCover, Boay, Bellong, pickabeau, omolola1, Sapphire and Fynestboi. grin

#Hugz and kiss kiss kiss kiss to you all.

And to my co-mod, you are the best. #hugs.

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 10:40am On Dec 02, 2013
Reserved.
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2013
Reserved
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by GentleMimi: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2013
Fine and good! Does it just end there? Una no dey give gift ni? Abi na ''congratulations'' the person go chop?
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 10:46am On Dec 02, 2013
GentleMimi: Fine and good! Does it just end there? Una no dey give gift ni? Abi na ''congratulations'' the person go chop?

lol

We've got a VERY BIG gift for the winner.
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Congrats to the winner and runner up.
So where are their gifts and pictures showing the presentation of the gifts.
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2013
Congrats Obinoscopy aka Obinorandy. .... I always knew you were going to win it. So where are we popping the champagne cheesy smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2013
I say thank you on his behalf. lol

grin grin grin
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by EfemenaXY: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2013
Ah! smiley

Congratulations Obinoscopy and well done to the judges and moderators for working to make this a success!

And also to the viewers for their contributions and support. cheesy cheesy

I think I'll hang my silver medal in nairaland's Hall of Fame. tongue tongue

Cheers All. smiley

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Fynestboi: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2013
Congrat boss
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 02, 2013
Congrats to Mr HOODLESS cool cheesy

.....and to my darling Efe kiss
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by ifyalways(f): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2013
Congratulations Obinno. You did well. Efe chop knuckle. Victory for you = victory for the cabal. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Fynestboi: 11:07am On Dec 02, 2013
Let the party begin. gringringringringringringrin

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Fynestboi: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2013
gringringringringringrin

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Fynestboi: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2013
Seat down please...
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Omolola1(f): 11:14am On Dec 02, 2013
Congrats Obi, chop wine cheesy
Congrats Efe
You guys were great!!
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Fynestboi: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2013
Na where this chef go undecided

come and serve our guest ...
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Fynestboi: 11:16am On Dec 02, 2013
Here we go, for the main time manage this...

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by maclatunji: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2013
Congratulations to the winner, runner-up and the organiser.
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Hip hip hip!!!!
Hurray!!!

Obinoscopy, I need ur full sized picture for assessment cos I'm in love!
Congratulobia!

Efe my darling, congrats to u especially!
Muah!
Lerrie and TV and others, I dey congratulate una.
Jugdes, thumbs up and finally
To our darling and beloved Tgal, u too much!
Infact, congrats everybody!

3 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
@yellowpawpaw, I'll send my pics asap...lol

Wow! I'm still in shock. Can't believe I won cheesy. I feel so honored.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone. To the brain behind this project, Tgirl4real, I say a big weldone . This debate you coordinated is the best ever on this forum. To my esteemed Judges, I say you guys were great. I learnt a lot from your critiques and appraisals.

I must admit that my fellow contestant, Efemena_xy, was excellent. She gave a good fight. She was consistent from the very beginning. I knew she was going to be a hard nut to crack. She's obviously a winner in the making, I learnt a lot from her. Weldone Efe, I may have won you in the finals but I know you're good. Infact you're just perfect. The outcome of another debate with you would be very unpredictable. To the other contestants: TV01, Lerrie John, Teeo, Ayobase, Xynerise and Quivah, I'll say weldone. You are all winners.

To the audience and wellwishers, I say a big THANK YOU. This debate wouldn't have been a success without you guys smiley.

Thanks once again and God bless.

Regards,
Obinoscopy

3 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by jumzzy448: 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
Congrats to the winner. Aunty efe, congrats too.
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by pickabeau1: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
excellent debate...It featured very well articulated positions common to all debaters.

Well done all

Also congrats to the finalists who made it memorable and have raised the bar in debating quality on this land.
Obino and Efe.. 3 Gbosas for y'all

Kudos to the judges who gave out their time and opinions.

The organiser Tgirl deserves an exceptional commendation for putting all these together.

And shout out to the audience who made it worthwhile with side debates of benefits of hooded vs unhooded...

That will form the debate topics for the next round ..hahaha

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Lol

Thanks y'all.

I wasn't the brain behind the whoie idea. The original idea of a debate came from Ayobase long ago. Lol

My co-mod, the judges and even some of the debaters were of tremendous help.

Thanks once again.
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by SisiKill1: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
A big congratulations to Obino.....twas a worthy win!!!

Efe - Lady remind me not to be on the opposing side if a debate with you. Very well done!!!!

I can honestly say if there was one time i wished everyone could take first prize it was this time. You all did so well it was quite challenging trying to decide.

A very big thanks to ALL the participants. Thank you very much for volunteering, thanks for taking it seriously and most of all. ...thanks for capturing the true spirit of sportsmanship.

The organizers - Tgirl, Royal Roy, Jaybee kudos on a job well done.

Fellow Judges - Thanks for your patience and being a morale boosters.

The supporters - ify, YPP, Alua, Chilli, CC, Jenny, Mac, Biola, Fynestboi, Speedyboi, All the bois and gehs cheesy.....everybody. Thank you, thank you, thank you. kiss kiss

Ayobase - you are not forgotten oh...the brains behind it. cheesy

A special shout out to Lerrie John, the newest addition to the family section. Your participation goes a long way in decimating some preconceived ideas and just want to say a special thanks. Please don't be a stranger. smiley

Okay, okay I'm getting off the soap box.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
obi congrat sir
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Congratulations Obinoscopy, a worthy winner indeed! You started strong and finished strong! Nice work. And was that officially the first perfect score of the competition? I saw a score of 25/25 among your scores. Nice!

Congrats to Efe, the co-finalist! Thanks for volunteering your time and effort and great job for making it this far!

I hope we can organize future debates sometime, this time maybe with the audience voting for the winner. That would be fun. Hooded vs non hooded yekini's anyone? grin

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Divepen: obi congrat sir
Thanks divepen. I just went through your profile page. It's your birthday cheesy! I wish you LLnP. Accept my warmest regards.
Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
On behalf of the judges, the 2 finalist will be going home with a brand new Honda CRV...oops!!!

I meant a gift token. grin

Scopy and Efe, Please check your mail. wink

2 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate by RoyalRoy(m): 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
^^^^^^

I thought we decided on a Range Rover?

lmao.

Congratulation Obinna.
Well done Efemenna

You both really made an interesting read.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Who Dressed Daughter In Bikini Speaks Out-nigerians Are Poor And Unexposed / Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? / Real Women Suck: Man Marries His Nintendo Ds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.