Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments (2759 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Manchidede(m): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
Popularly Known as the University Of No Nonsense(UNN), the Nigerian Pioneer institution has lived up to expectation, and in response to the order by the Proprietor (The Federal Govt) has commenced academic activities today as promised, hereby, breaking the hearts of the Union(ASUU), as its battle with the Federal Government rages on.

Only real students of the Institution could rightly guess the first department to commence lectures.

And if you did, you guessed right,“The Chemistry Department”according to reporters from within has commenced lectures at the time of publishing this.

More details to follow later as we gather more updates.
SOURCE: http://..com/2013/12/unn-break-asuus-heart-lectures-holding.html

1 Like

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by karlmax2: 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Good development
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Jman06(m): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
A good development.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Ozonna(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
A very good development

1 Like

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by vizboy(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
Not just UNN even UNIZik

1 Like

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by plaindealer: 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Grand betrayal and destructive division.

Location wise, no surprise here anyway...

5 Likes

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by nerodenero: 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
plaindealer: Grand betrayal and destructive division.

grin grin grin
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by OKKO(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
University of Nigeria my alma mata, hail her rejoice for the sake of knowledge....the pride of our land...##singing## Only great lions and lionesses can sing this song!

Take your lead university per excellence!

I hope my department of medical rehabilitation (physiotherapy) was the second after Chem.

Mods front page pleassssse let it serve as example to others!
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by SamIkenna: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
plaindealer: Grand betrayal and destructive division.

Really, 5 months - that's almost half a year. In the US you can knock off 18 credit hours in ECE Department in 5 months and then go for internship. Students are not politicians. I don't see why they should pay for a fight between grown folks. The only thing I see here is Nigerian time is very cheap. Other parts of the world value their time and I advise we emulate them. maybe you need to look at Ghana.

7 Likes

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by omenka(m): 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
If this is true then unn has made an unimaginable blunder and imperiled the security of the jobs of the lecturers. They should pray they never have any issues with the govt cos the solidarity they stand to enjoy from sister universities have, by this ill informed action, been completely destroyed. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Digitron: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
I know that it will be chemistry department, that department is the most organised dept. In UNN.
Every unn student knows that the fear of chemistry dept is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by fastguy10: 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
2 Hell wt ASUU

Anybody dat support ASUU is a fool at 40 all their children r in over sea going school while we r here staying at home God will surely reward them 4 their selfish interest them r collecting salary without working,who is fooling who
ASUU or STUDENT?

God bless UNN I wish all uni will do d same

USELESS ASUU

2 Likes

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Brimmie(m): 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
Judas! undecided

1 Like

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Problem with people,everybody for himself,God for us all. Grand betrayal of all time,reason why we are still here,development wise. No unity at all to fight for our right,this is a case of divide and rule.

Not supporting the STRIKE,but our people's mentality in situation like this,where there should be strength in unity.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
fast guy 10: 2 Hell wt ASUU

Anybody dat support ASUU is a fool at 40 all their children r in over sea going school while we r here staying at home God will surely reward them 4 their selfish interest them r collecting salary without working,who is fooling who
ASUU or STUDENT?

USELESS ASUU
thank God this came from another source. Small thing now, they will say Idi Amin is harsh in commenting on issues. I have always said it, ASUU is a selfish organisation of th1eves. They should GO AND DIE undecided

1 Like

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by ichidodo: 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
Shey lectures dey hold for Carver?! Abi dem shift am go Jimbazz
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by sammy329(m): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
traitors
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by atlwireles: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
omenka: If this is true then unn has made an unimaginable blunder and imperiled the security of the jobs of the lecturers. They should pray they never have any issues with the govt cos the solidarity they stand to enjoy from sister universities have, by this ill informed action, been completely destroyed. Time will tell.

This is a democracy, your right to stay home, should not infringe on the rights of others at UNN.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by matzoro(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
tell me another lie, UNN actually asked students with outstanding exams 2 come bk, bt we have been told by our lecturers dat dia will b no exam until after d strike...d day UNN ASUU fall apart na dat day dem go bury ASUU.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by 99100(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nice 1 UNN.
I am interested in knowing the number of Universities that have resume work/lecture.
So if you live in a vicinity where any university have resume lecture please let us know.
Or u are a student of one that has resumed work, let us know.

Motto: ASUU must be weaken
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Goddex: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
To hell with ASUU!!
Playing politics with our children's future
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by juju2008(f): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
Why is it that South Easterners are saboteurs? They will always be the ones to renegade. This is unfortunate. Such will never happen in the northern or western part of Nigeria because they are always together in fighting their cause. That is why it will be difficult for us to have a president who is Igbo.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by plaindealer: 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

Really, 5 months - that's almost half a year. In the US you can knock off 18 credit hours in ECE Department in 5 months and then go for internship. Students are not politicians. I don't see why they should pay for a fight between grown folks. The only thing I see here is Nigerian time is very cheap. Other parts of the world value their time and I advise we emulate them. maybe you need to look at Ghana.

I don't know why many of you make make Nigeria/US analogies, it's not like the economic, cultural and political realities are the same.

Do they have understaffed Universities with deplorable learning learning facilities and environment in the US?

Do do they deny academic staffs in US universities living wage and decent quality of life?

Here we have over paid and over pampered public officials asking our academic staffs to sacrifice and labor under a terrible and poorly funded education system while they splurge on trivial necessities like bullet proof cars, insane and unrivaled benefits and loot at will.

Look here, what you put into your education system determines what results you get hence the quality of education and end products/Students in Nigeria. It's not like they care anyway, there kids are in private schools in Nigerian and abroad..

Poorly paid, demoralized and uninspired workers creates bad products. It's your choice..

2 Likes

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Ngokafor(f): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Good move by UNN...ASUU has totally lost it with this prolonged strike cos the student's future is being used as a pawn in their game of chess..selfish lecturers..

...btw i've come to realised that only lazy students with terrible results and insentive graduates/workers with nothing to loose support this strike at this point.The serious ones are eager to back to school.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by matzoro(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
juju2008: Why is it that South Easterners are saboteurs? They will always be the ones to renegade. This is unfortunate. Such will never happen in the northern or western part of Nigeria because they are always together in fighting their cause. That is why it will be difficult for us to have a president who is Igbo.

UNILOrin na anambra e dey abi?
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by sleeky007(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
Lies..........Lies...........Lies............ASUU held congress meeting in UNN today and the strike is still on........Don't know what some of you gain by peddling false stories. FYI, ASUU will laugh last. FG just played its last card.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by gtrust: 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
ASUU should be registered with INEC as one of the political parties

These lecturers are now same as politicians.
They play their politics the same Nigerian way where the masses (students) suffer while politicians (lecturers) smile to their banks
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
matzoro:

UNILOrin na anambra e dey abi?

Learn not to dignify brain-damaged gorillas with answers. The guy is not getting attention in real life so he comes to Nairaland to seek for it. Ignore a ram like that next time else u will descend to his level.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by omenka(m): 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
fast guy 10: 2 Hell wt ASUU

ASUU or STUDENT?

USELESS ASUU
I can understand your frustration. You truely do need an education. Your english is quite telling.

1 Like

Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by kel4soft: 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Digitron: I know that it will be chemistry department, that department is the most organised dept. In UNN.
Every unn student knows that the fear of chemistry dept is the beginning of wisdom.

Same in UNIPORT. Ofouka, that old spinster was that her name again erm.. CHM260 woman (UP help me out). The fear of Chemistry in UP is the beginning of Medical student success.
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by talktimi(m): 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
omenka: If this is true then unn has made an unimaginable blunder and imperiled the security of the jobs of the lecturers. They should pray they never have any issues with the govt cos the solidarity they stand to enjoy from sister universities have, by this ill informed action, been completely destroyed. Time will tell.
why didnt you spout this trash when Rivers state university of science refused to join the strike ? Shifting of goal post no good o my brotha
Re: UNN Break ASUU’s Heart, Lectures Holding Today Across Departments by CapitalCee(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
OKKO: University of Nigeria my alma mata, hail her rejoice for the sake of knowledge....the pride of our land...##singing## Only great lions and lionesses can sing this song!

Take your lead university per excellence!

I hope my department of medical rehabilitation (physiotherapy) was the second after Chem.

Mods front page pleassssse let it serve as example to others!

My Alma Mata!!!! My alma mata!!!.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best 100 University In Nigeria, In 2015 By NUC. / Essay Writing Service / Mmm Has Started Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.