Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 (19058 Views)

Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 / Vincent Enyeama Will Be Lille's First-choice Keeper For 2013/2014 Season / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 1:12am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Based on your logic, Yaya deserves nothing because he usn't the highest goal scoring African.
he can b d highest,at least him dey score,dey assist,more over,him dey play week in week out, d bobo sabi play ball abeg

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by rossi49ja(m): 1:13am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
a sub standard tournament, why doesn't mikel perform well outside africa?
Europa league sub-standard? That it gets a low rating and viewing doesnt make it any less competitive or entertaining. You deserve a life ban from watching soccer. grin grin grin
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Dannylux: 1:13am On Dec 03, 2013
He deserves it sha cry
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:13am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
no logic at all.. messi and argentina didnt play well in SA10 and yet he was named player of the year.. individual performances matter not just trophies won..

Barca won the league that season. In this case Yaya won nothing, nada, zero.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:14am On Dec 03, 2013
nigerians blinded by patriotism. Yaya owned a lot of teams in the epl this year, and already this season has been brilliant in the UCL ,what has mikel been up to?

5 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by ichommy(m): 1:15am On Dec 03, 2013
Congratulations
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:16am On Dec 03, 2013
bastien: he can b d highest,at least him dey score,dey assist,more over,him dey play week in week out, d bobo sabi play ball abeg

No one is arguing if Yaya can play. He is captaining my team Man City. We are talking of this award. Can you tell me a world player of the year without a trophy?
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 1:17am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: .

Maybe you didn't know that Mikel was actually the best player at the Nations cup but because CAF trued rubbing Burkina Faso to let Ghana through, Pitropa was given the best player.

Against Norwich, Ameobi didn't score a goal but his coach and Norwich coach singled out Ameobi as the star performer.
my bros cool down,na lecture we dey lecture ourselves!!! Well Pitropa and Moses any of dos deserve MPV in nations cup,and not Mr Mikel!!!

Ameobi didn't score that match,be he did and cus lot of trouble to the back four,how many as mikel done? Do u think I will waste my vote on a midfielder who is sluggish and always takin d ball back to the defence or goalkeeper?

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:17am On Dec 03, 2013
rossi49ja: Europa league sub-standard? That it gets a low rating and viewing doesnt make it any less competitive or entertaining. You deserve a life ban from watching soccer. grin grin grin
i doubt if you have any iota of sense. how else did the europa league get such low ratings?? i know you are one of the numerous agbero chelsea fans.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:18am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo: nigerians blinded by patriotism. Yaya owned a lot of teams in the epl this year, and already this season has been brilliant in the UCL ,what has mikel been up to?

I believe Wesley Sneijder was the best player in the world in 2010, I'm I also blinded by patriotism? How can a player of the year be without a trophy? That is not patriotism but logic.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 1:20am On Dec 03, 2013
50calibre: BBC always misbehaving, a Nigerian clearly deserved this award.

Anyway irrelevant, lets see who CAF picks
bros try read d body of d thread na,BBC no dey choose,na we fans they choose,me personal send Yaya number tru text,I tank God say my ₦15 no waste

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:20am On Dec 03, 2013
bastien: my bros cool down,na lecture we dey lecture ourselves!!! Well Pitropa and Moses any of dos deserve MPV in nations cup,and not Mr Mikel!!!

Ameobi didn't score that match,be he did and cus lot of trouble to the back four,how many as mikel done? Do u think I will waste my vote on a midfielder who is sluggish and always takin d ball back to the defence or goalkeeper?

Coach Keshi and Benitez were not fools playing him and trophies were gotten based on their choices.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 1:21am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo: nigerians blinded by patriotism. Yaya owned a lot of teams in the epl this year, and already this season has been brilliant in the UCL ,what has mikel been up to?
help ask all dis chelsea fans

4rm d last 5yrs yaya hv been consistent dan Obi
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:23am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I believe Wesley Sneijder was the best player in the world in 2010, I'm I also blinded by patriotism. How can a ppayer of the year be without a trophy? That is not patriotism but logic.
sneidjer? lol. D.millito was named uefa player of the year, serie a player of the year, forlan was named player of the tournament in the world cup,so where was your sneidjer? you and your follow follow behaviour

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:25am On Dec 03, 2013
bastien: help ask all dis chelsea fans

4rm d last 5yrs yaya hv been consistent dan Obi

I am a Man City fan. I got mad love for Yaya no hom.o. He is presently our captain in the absense of Kompany. So this isn't about love of club.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 1:27am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

No oje is arguing if Yaya can play. He is captaining my team Man City. We are talking of this award. Can you tell me a world player of the year without a trophy?
did messi win d world cup or uefa champ? Nope,that year it was suppose 2 be Sneijder,Messi only won d league n copa de la rey,but Sneijder won almost everything,comin second in SA10 world cup

Trophy doesn't matter,your consistency,fair play,team work and God matters
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:28am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I am a Man City fan. I got mad love for Yaya no hom.o. He is presently our captain in the absense of Kompany. So this isn't about love of club.
oga stop trolling. no one cares if you're a City fan, you prolly became a fan after the arab invasion
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:30am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
sneidjer? lol. D.millito was named uefa player of the year, serie a player of the year, Forlan was named player of the tournament in the world cup,so where was your sneidjer? you and your follow follow behaviour

Mourinho said he needed a World class midfielder to deliver the Champions league and Sneijder was gotten. Mou played a counter attacking strategy and most goals were built through Sneijder. Inter won the treble including the Champions league.

Sneijder was one of the best performers of the World Cup that same year and one of the World cup's top goalscorers.

Please how would you rate Milito ahead of Sneijder that year?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 1:31am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Coach Keshi and Benitez were not fools playing him and trophies were gotten based on their choices.
and don't b suprise if he didn't make world cup!
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:35am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
oga stop trolling. no one cares if you're a City fan, you prolly became a fan after the arab invasion

You made it look as if I am rooting for Mikel because I am a Chelsea fan. I say I am not now you go Arab invasion. Well I decamped from Man Utd 2009. Man Utd were EPL champions. I joined Man City because I was tired of the plain robbery to win system there and sentimental selection of players. It is difficult for a clear conscience to support Man Utd.

I joined the Day Mancini was announced I was his fan since his player days. There was no Yaya, Nasri, Clichy, Silva, Dzeko. wink
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:35am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Mourinho said he needed a World class midfielder to deliver the Champions league and Sneijder was gotten. Mou played a counter attackijg strategy and most goals were built through Sneijder. Inter won the treble including the Champions league.

Sneijder was one of the best performers of the World Cup that same year and one of the World cups top goalscorers.

Please how would you rate Milito ahead of Sneijder that year?
all the attacks came thru him, ok. but who capped of the attacks?? millito was named the best player in europe by experts where was sneidjer??

sneidjer played well that year but messi utterly obliterated him in terms of stats i.e individual perfomance.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:40am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
all the attacks came thru him, ok. but who capped of the attacks?? millito was named the best player in europe by experts where was sneidjer??

sneidjer played well that year but messi utterly obliterated him in terms of stats i.e individual perfomance.

How many Individual stats did Zidane have in 2003 and France '98. It is about what you bring to your team and the success the team gets. Sneijder's effort brought more to Inter and Netherland. That showed he waz the best. Messi only had the La Liga. Now Yaya has nothing. Very soon bencher will win.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by BabaOlowo: 1:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Well deserved, Congrats Yayah!
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:44am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You made it look as if I am rooting for Mikel because I am a Chelsea fan. I say I am not now you go Arab invasion. Well I decamped from Man Utd 2009. Man Utd were EPL champions. I joined Man City because I was tired of the plain robbery to win system there and sentimental selection of players. It is difficult for a clear conscience to support Man Utd.

I joined the Day Mancini was anniunced I was his fan since his player days. There was no Yaya, Nasri, Clichy, Sipva, Dzeko. wink
my friend put a bullet thru your brain for this BS you wrote, you are a pathetic glory hunter. your conscience pushed you to city? a club where they couldnt make enough money money thru footballing means to buy above-average players?? until the sheikh started pumping oil money?
arab money started coming in 2008 you glory-hunting scum

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:46am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How many Individual stats did Zidane have in 2006 and France '98. It is about what you bring to your team and the success the team gets. Sneijder's effort brought more to Inter and Netherland. That showed he waz the best. Messi only had the La Liga. Now Yaya has nothing. Very soon bencher will win.
funny enough mikel is a bencher so joke's on you.
are you comparing zidane to the one season wonder sneidjer? oga commot
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:49am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
my friend put a bullet thru your brain for this BS you wrote, you are a pathetic glory hunter. your conscience pushed you to city? a club where they couldnt make enough money money thru footballing means to buy above-average players?? until the sheikh started pumping oil money?
arab money started coming in 2008 you glory-hunting scum

I left a Champion winning team, the defending Champions and the most successful team in English football. For a cpub with no major trophy for over 40 years and you call it glory hunting. Now that is a new definition of glory hunting. When Mancini took over, we were below the top ten. Haba.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:51am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
funny enough mikel is a bencher so joke's on you.
are you comparing zidane to the one season wonder sneidjer? oga commot

First of all, it is a yearly award, not lifetime achievement. cheesy

Mikel didn't bench in the Europa league nor the Nations Cup. So what is your point?
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 1:55am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I left a Champion winning team, the defending Champions and the most successful team in English football. For a cpub with no major trophy for over 40 years and you call it glory hunting. Now that is a new definition of glory hunting. When Mancini took over, we were below the top ten. Haba.

you saw a billionaire buy the club and assumed the worst for United.. I'm pretty sure you were slso a chelsea fan in the mourinho era.
next season you'll be screaming COYG because your consience pushed you again.. Arrow

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:02am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
you saw a billionaire buy the club and assumed the worst for United.. I'm pretty sure you were slso a chelsea fan in the mourinho era.
next season you'll be screaming COYG because your consience pushed you again.. Arrow

I started supporting Man Utd very earlly. 1996 after they beat Liverpool at the FA Cup finals. Cantona scored the only winning goal.

I am a big fan of Mancini and I was tired with the way Fergie ran the club. From dripping Kleberson to Forlan, to Djemba Djemba, changing Anderson's wing, to G. Rossi. Tevez was the last straw.

Just like Fergie bringing Scholes from retirement instead of playing Pogba. I would have been pissed if I was still a fan.. So when Mancini was announced, I joined with him.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 2:02am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

First of all, it is a yearly award, not lifetime achievement. cheesy

Mikel didn't bench in the Europa league nor the Nations Cup. So what is your point?
sneidjer wasnt the best player in 2010 no matter what you and your group of sentimentalists spew.. i repeat AFCON and Europa league are shitte..Mikel and his blunders threw Chelsea out of the UCL yet you are spewing crap here
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Bonapart(m): 2:03am On Dec 03, 2013
Nairalanders with wide mouth ar rulin out mikel by sayin assist n goals... Mikel is a pilar to both super eagles n chelsea. A player dat never fails to wear a medal each yr both country n club

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:06am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo: sneidjer wasnt the best player in 2010 no matter what you and your group of sentimentalists spew.. i repeat AFCON and Europa league are shitte..Mikel and his blunders threw Chelsea out of the UCL yet you are spewing crap here

Yet Yaya couldn't pick up a shitte, talkless of a shitte trophy. When Yaya win trophies like he won the EPL, no one has a problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles / Femi Otedola Pays Peter Fregene's Medical Bill / Continued Corruption: Barcelona Charged Over Payments To Former Referees Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.