Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 (19016 Views)

Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 / Vincent Enyeama Will Be Lille's First-choice Keeper For 2013/2014 Season / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by tybank: 8:27am On Dec 03, 2013
rossi49ja: Europa league sub-standard? That it gets a low rating and viewing doesnt make it any less competitive or entertaining. You deserve a life ban from watching soccer. grin grin grin

You also deserve a life ban comparing a player who cannot make first team to a player who makes first team week in week out.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by pek(m): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2013
Gguy4real: I don't give a Bleep about what anybody say about mikel all I know is that I am a nigerian and I will always support my brother mikel even though is not from my tribe but I will give him maximum support as a country man
that's Why Nigeria is where she is today! we always act out of sentiments!

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2013
pek: that's Why Nigeria is where she is today! we always act out of sentiments!

that is why we never progress. And this is why a country like Ghana that use to source refuse here in Nigeria is now a,better country. Because they see the truth but us Nigerians will see the truth and turn our backs.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by chessguru1(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
no logic at all.. messi and argentina didnt play well in SA10 and yet he was named player of the year.. individual performances matter not just trophies won..
Cannavaro won world best player the year italy won the world cup.
How many goals did he score?
How many assist did he render?

@ this new rate, only attackers and attacking midfielders willl be wining awards.
#nonesense

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by k2039: 8:50am On Dec 03, 2013
abatically:

Why do folks fail to realize it is the best player in Africa we are talking about here, not the best team or the best trophy winning player. winning a trophy will boost ur chance but doesn't automatically make u the winner. in 2010 Asamoah Gyan didn't win any trophy for country and club but he won it, in 2011-2012 Messi didn't win any trophy either but won ballon D'or, U might like Mikel because he is a Nigerian but it doesn't take away the fact that Yaya is a far better player. Put Mikel on sale and see how many teams would want him, now put Yaya on the market and watch all top teams in Europe clamor for his signature even though he is 30.
You dey mind them.

Imagine someone like barca's Pedro has won everything possible in football, yet does that make him one of the best players in the world.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Fayrouzz(m): 8:56am On Dec 03, 2013
Jarus:

Interestingly, Nigerians consciously mobilized on twitter and other online patforms for Mikel and Moses.
Yes and I believe same was done for Yaya in his country. Even as a chelsea fan, I accept the fact that Yaya is better than Mikel buh in this kinda awards, not the best players wins. And also having Mikel and Moses from same country fr same award didn't help them both cos some nigerians wud go fr Mikel while others go fr mikel and then Yaya has all the votes frm his country.. Congrats to him!

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by colossus2: 8:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Gguy4real: I don't give a Bleep about what anybody say about mikel all I know is that I am a nigerian and I will always support my brother mikel even though is not from my tribe but I will give him maximum support as a country man
Please between Moses and Mikel who is the better player?
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by k2039: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2013
victorlexa: Yaya is among d top midfielders in d world... Where is mikel der? Sm1 dat was almost sold by chelsea in d last transfer... Yaya didnt perform in nations cup bt has bn a pillar dis season in man city,ylr mikel has had to cope wit few stats nd substitute appearances,by d way yaya is more recognised worldwide nd dats also a reason y he got most of d votes.mikel is gud tho i think he has a chance of winning d caf award cz i cnt rememba d last tym a player won d bbc award nd caf at d same tym
The fact that it hasn't happen doesn't mean it won't happen.

Before Messi won the world best three times in a row, no one achieved the feat.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2013
Fayrouzz: Yes and I believe same was done for Yaya in his country. Even as a chelsea fan, I accept the fact that Yaya is better than Mikel buh in this kinda awards, not the best players wins. And also having Mikel and Moses from same country fr same award didn't help them both cos some nigerians wud go fr Mikel while others go fr mikel and then Yaya has all the votes frm his country.. Congrats to him!

Who told you not the best player wins?

In any case, Nigeria and CIV are just two countries out of the over 100 countries that listen to/watch/read BBC TV/Radio/Website. So it is immaterial whether Mikel and Moses coming from same country contributed to Mikel's loss. People are not blind.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2013
chess guru:
Cannavaro won world best player the year italy won the world cup.
How many goals did he score?
How many assist did he render?

@ this new rate, only attackers and attacking midfielders willl be wining awards.
#nonesense

Let me answer ur question. How many times has a defender won the award since canavaro? Only 2 defenders have won the award to date and that was lother matthaus and canavaro. It is not easy for a defender to win that award because it isgoals that win u games. Canavaro won it because of the fill Wong reasons
1. He was the captain of the Italian team that won the works cup
2. Italy won the world cup by being the beat defending team
3. Italy conceded just 2 goals throughout the tournament. An own goal against USA and a zidane's penalty in the final.
4. Canavaro played every minute of the world cup and was outstanding. He got the nick name wall or Berlin.
5. He didn't get a single yellow card or red card theouout the tournament.
6. He was so good real Madrid had to buy him. And there was no other player that could really be compared to him that year. Canavaro is regarded as the best defender in his generation.

So yes a defender can win but it will take something extraordinary. Do u think people pay big to go watch football because of defenders? No, they pay to watch players with skills, that can score goals, players that cab entertain the fans. Can such be said about Mikel? What did Mikel do to warrant him win the award? Do u think non Nigerians love to watch Mikel play? Go outside Nigerians and compare the 2 players Mikel and yaya and u will get ur answer.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 03, 2013
Another thing, bad as 2013 Nations Cup was for Yaya, he scored 2 goals, Mikel didn't score any. It also appears CIV's elimination by Nigeria has beclouded Yaya's better performance at the group stage of teh competition. I have not said Mikel didn't have a better Nations cup than Yaya, but we should try to put things in perspective too. Messi and his Argentina were eliminated from SA 2010 at QF stage.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by rossi49ja(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
i doubt if you have any iota of sense. how else did the europa league get such low ratings?? i know you are one of the numerous agbero chelsea fans.
Pray teach me Oh thou greatest of the 'Wise men'. In all your wisdom you can't relate to the fact that low patronage doesn't necessarily mean low quality. For this blip wiseman, I certify you a complete 'Ode' and yes am a proud Chelsea fan don't know about your agbero part tho.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abdulrahman23: 9:09am On Dec 03, 2013
him suppose to wear ivory cost shirt to identify his country,but anyway congratulations!
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by PrettyGaby(f): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2013
i
voted for Mikel but Yaya is a better player. Mikel has so much
unmaximised potential which may never be maximised. he is just too scared
of making mistakes that he doesn't take chances. Mikel may get better
but as of now, Yaya is better
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by solomon111(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2013
pek: that's Why Nigeria is where she is today! we always act out of sentiments!
Stop trying to be unnecessarily smart.
Football awards have always been sentimental.
Even in the ballon d'or,players and coaches vote for their compatriots or club mates.
Now i believe the rumour that it was a Nigerian that prevented okocha from winning the CAF awards, given the nonsense i am seeing on this thread.
It's better not to vote at all than to vote against your compatriot.
That's stupidity and madness.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by slimghost(m): 9:15am On Dec 03, 2013
Yaya Toure? On what basis? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BBC have lost it!!!

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by juvewalex(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2013
Who cares ? All dat counts is d CAF award
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by k2039: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2013
slimghost: Yaya Toure? On what basis? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BBC have lost it!!!
Stop displaying your ignorance.

BBC didn't vote, only computed the votes
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by colossus2: 9:25am On Dec 03, 2013
slimghost: Yaya Toure? On what basis? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BBC have lost it!!!
Who's your best player then? On what basis?
I think you've lost it man cos the latest headline confirmed Yaya won tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by juvewalex(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2013
Zamoni15: some Nigerians go con day shout Mikel. Mikel ko Mikel ni.
u're just a hatter of Mikel coz he did win 2 trophies wt both club and country n if it were nt 4 him Naija would nt have lifted AFCON. Pls appreciate wat u got.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by colossus2: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2013
juvewalex: if it were nt 4 him Naija would nt have lifted AFCON
Are you kidding some of us here cheesy shocked
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by flexeey: 9:34am On Dec 03, 2013
abatically:

What did Barca win in 2011/2012? They finished 9 points behind Madrid
messi won the copa del' rey

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:34am On Dec 03, 2013
Enyeama is winning CAF footballer of the year. YEYE Toure ain't winning sh¡t after this. Top ten midfielders in the world, my foot! We talking record breakers, y'all talking Toure. Thank God self-loathing Nigerians aren't voting in CAF. South Africans think Khune is Africa's best Goalkeeper and would vote him over Enyeama or even Casillas, PATRIOTISM is supposed to be BLIND.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2013
he deserves it because he does well in European matches than the other player, ww know bbc is an European station.

But for caf award, mikel deserves it
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abduldope(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2013
debrights: Congrats Yaya bought I thought a Nigerian will be that award.. Its all good though
na wa Oo.. Wetin em buy abeg
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by ndidibabe(f): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2013
Yaya was nominated five times in a row before winning this award. Mikel should wait till 2017..

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by pek(m): 10:01am On Dec 03, 2013
solomon111: Stop trying to be unnecessarily smart.
Football awards have always been sentimental.
Even in the ballon d'or,players and coaches vote for their compatriots or club mates.
Now i believe the rumour that it was a Nigerian that prevented okocha from winning the CAF awards, given the nonsense i am seeing on this thread.
It's better not to vote at all than to vote against your compatriot.
That's stupidity and madness.
No sane or knowledgeable person would come down to your level
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Murphydready(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2013
bastien: Mikel impressive? That dude didn't impress me at all,the way he plays for chelsea is far different from d way he plays for Naija! Onazi did well!!!
My friend u sound very sentimental on mikel's performance may be u r a manchester untd fan

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by colossus2: 10:06am On Dec 03, 2013
safarigirl: YEYE Toure ain't winning sh¡t after this. Top ten midfielders in the world, my foot! We talking record breakers, y'all talking Toure
Are you serious shocked
Is Mikel in Top 50 tongue
Scoring one goal in about 7 seasons is what you termed "record breaking". That's heartbreaking cry
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by arthgideon: 10:14am On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats to Yaya Toure. He deserves this award. And he plays for the team i support. Now for Yaya Toure to help Man City win the premier League.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2013
colo$$u$:

Are you serious shocked
Is Mikel in Top 50 tongue
Scoring one goal in about 7 seasons is what you termed "record breaking". That's heartbreaking cry
you should've quoted my entire post. Notice where I mentioned ENYEAMA to win CAF awards, hence, it was ENYEAMA I referred to as record-breaking, learn to comprehend before rushing to reply.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tobiloba Amusan Makes History, Wins Diamond League In Women's 100m Hurdles / Arsene Wenger: Mikel Arteta Wants Ex-arsenal Boss To Return To Club / Everton Sacks Manager, Ronald Koeman After Arsenal Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.