Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (17266 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. / Nigerian Man And His Gangs Scammed British Citizens Of £3million Pics / How I Was Caught In A Group Fighting Scene..share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Festive season is here again and this is the season scammers deploy all their antics to make sure they smile to the bank which normally leave their victims with tales of woes. Have you ever fallen prey to them Feel free to share your experience.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by MANOSUB(m): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yes! I met a furniture guy in his supposed workshop. I told him that i like the set of chairs on sample and asked him how much it will cost me to make a relaxation chair. He told me and i paid him 50% of the total cost. When he was through with the skeleton, he told me to give him 70% of the remaining balance and i obliged. Making it a total of 70%. I went to the workshop, the people i met there told me that the guy does work there. I have not seen him ever since then and he does not pick my calls anymore. I am thinking of how to get him, but i have made a report in the police station just in case i get him
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
MANOSUB: Yes! I met a furniture guy in his supposed workshop. I told him that i like the set of chairs on sample and asked him how much it will cost me to make a relaxation chair. He told me and i paid him 50% of the total cost. When he was through with the skeleton, he told me to give him 70% of the remaining balance and i obliged. Making it a total of 70%. I went to the workshop, the people i met there told me that the guy does work there. I have not seen him ever since then and he does not pick my calls anymore. I am thinking of how to get him, but i have made a report in the police station just in case i get him
hmmm, very gud bad guycheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Fhemmmy: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
MANOSUB: Yes! I met a furniture guy in his supposed workshop. I told him that i like the set of chairs on sample and asked him how much it will cost me to make a relaxation chair. He told me and i paid him 50% of the total cost. When he was through with the skeleton, he told me to give him 70% of the remaining balance and i obliged. Making it a total of 70%. I went to the workshop, the people i met there told me that the guy does work there. I have not seen him ever since then and he does not pick my calls anymore. I am thinking of how to get him, but i have made a report in the police station just in case i get him

Where did he show you the skeleton of the set of Chairs? If it was same workshop, then, the owner or people that work there MUST know something about it.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
I've been scammed o by this alaba boys.there was a day i went to alaba to buy movies. Being a sucker for trendy movies i bought a lot of american and nollywood movies,everything worth around 5k.infact when i went there everything was doing kami kami kami in my eyes.the ibo man will say madam take this one na,madam select this one na,madam buy this one na.i don watch am,e sweet well well,me too,i will tell him oya put it inside nylon bag.he was so happy that day smiling at me cheerfully not knowing i have been swindled.i drove back home through the congested road.as soon as i got home changed my outfit and had my bath,dressed up and all i said to myself,let me now balance and watch these movies till i pay my dstv subscription fees that expired

as i sloted in one,it said error,i used my dress to clean the back of the cd,same thing,i took the second one,no show,the 3rd one same.i started getting agitated,i said ha shewa,otidaran.awon were omo ibo yi ti gba e.kilomashey bayi.still not convinced

i went to my room were i kept my laptop,plugged it and turned it on and slotted the disc into my laptop and the thing said empty disc.i put my hand on my head in shock and amazement.i was still dramatizing,saying awon oloriburuku yi ti gba mi.ye,5k jona.motu fun omo ibo ti aye e ma baje lowo.

The following day i drove back there.when i got there,i asked for the man in this shop and those around there said he has travelled.hope nothing madam.i saiddont worry.i got into the car.put my 1st finger into my teeth,still not getting over the fact that i have been swindled.infact,that thing pained me seriously,it entered my bones.meanwhile this is the 3rd time an ibo boy will swindle me.as a matter of fact, nothing will make me not believe many of them are not fraudsters and dubious characters

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
The second time i was duped in trade fair was when i went to buy a 25k tv set.that time flat screen had not yet come out.it was all this mega big t.v then old folks use.unfortunatly for me i went to the area where they said 'no testing' as they packaged the cd into the carton,me too i was happy that yes,emi na ra t.v cheesy as i got home say make i remove the tv from the carton and drop it on the table,e be like say my eyes dey deceieve me that day.as soon as i dropped the tv on the table,every part of the tv disembered.the back fell off,the sides,everything,it just fell like a pack of cards.as i looked inside i saw squeezed news papers stuffed inside,tissue papers,nylon.my ass glued to the sit.i didnt know what to do.i didnt know when a tear dropped from my eyes.

I said ok,no problem,but this people will not get away with what they did.thats one of the reasons i sold my old bb that is almost as good as dead to one of them about 2yrs ago twice.its until i get home they will realise the many faults in the phone ranging from blind screen to battery problem,to mouth piece etc.that was my own way of getting back at them

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Saraha1(f): 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
kulyie: The second time i was duped in trade fair was when i went to buy a 25k tv set.that time flat screen had not yet come out.it was all this mega big t.v then old folks use.unfortunatly for me i went to the area where they said 'no testing' as they packaged the cd into the carton,me too i was happy that yes,emi na ra t.v cheesy as i got home say make i remove the tv from the carton and drop it on the table,e be like say my eyes dey deceieve me that day.as soon as i dropped the tv on the table,every part of the tv disembered.the back fell off,the sides,everything,it just fell like a pack of cards.as i looked inside i saw squeezed news papers stuffed inside,tissue papers,nylon.my ass glued to the sit.i didnt know what to do.i didnt know when a tear dropped from my eyes.

I said ok,no problem,but this people will not get away with what they did.thats one of the reasons i sold my old bb that is almost as good as dead to one of them about 2yrs ago twice.its until i get home they will realise the many faults in the phone ranging from blind screen to battery problem,to mouth piece etc.that was my own way of getting back at them
oh pele, they don show you. Big time.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Elfree: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
I almost got scam'd by dis fake guy named benedict,phone 08134268048.i post'd a brand new ipad 3 for sell@106k on nairaland,dis guy cald me nd was soundin real@1st he even bargain n i agreed@95k,acordn 2 him his in benin nd i'm in abj so i shuld snd 2 ipad thru transprts bt he'll mke a paymnt nd tell d bank 2 kip it on,ok it was a deal d nxt mrnin he cald as early as 6:30 am den i was stil asleep i cald bk by 7,he told me bank opens 8,by 8 i recieved a txt frm zenith bank telln me a transactn jst ocur'd in my a/c n its on hold 4 3hrs.long story cut short,i finally sent d ipad as i promised bt told d driva nt 2 release d ipad until i say so cos i neva c dat kyn alert b4 dey didn't even send me my total balance bt i was a bit convienced cos its frm zenith bank..tins startd smellin fishy so i called my p.accountant in zenith bank n he confirm'd no transactn hapn'd in my a/c dat day..imediatly i tld d driva nt 2 deliver it 2d guy dats his fake.d guy forms 2b a big man. Pls beware.THANK GOD my ipad is back to me

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 03, 2013
Sarah a: oh pele, they don show you. Big time.
lol,i am telling you
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 03, 2013
Mtn is my biggest scammmercheesy

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 03, 2013
I have heard series of stories by people scammed @ the computer vila, according to them, the bought an expensive phone from the road side seller but on getting home discoverd it was fufu that was inside lol.nigerian,great peoplecheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Keziehenry(m): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2013
Mod pls kindly move dis thread to the front page because it is educative,plssss.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by acorntree(m): 7:03am On Dec 03, 2013
I put my trust on a nairalander here only to be scammed later. A nairalander was advertising one portable car tyre pumping machine. I read through his thread and because of some good comments made by some members believed in him. I called him and we make a deal that I'm interested in buying it. I even asked him if he sure of what he is claiming the equipment can do which he assured me.we agreed to meet somewhere in lagos and i contacted him. Due to busy nature of lagos whenever I called him on phone he will say he is coming and he will soon meet me. I waited for almost 4 hours. I've even started feeling impatient when he arrived and he apologised for coming too late.He came with his car(not sure if he is the owner)and he instructed me to enter which I did(since I know he can't overpower me). The transaction now begin. he demonstated how to use the equipment in his car. I inspected the equipment and i was doubting if it can work as described by him. I now told him to let us get out of his car inorder to connect it to his car type . He started giving excuses that the parking space in which he parked his car is just for short time, and that the bank security man have even instructed him not to park there. Is it that I'm not trusting him, that he is good member of nairaland , even if I'm having any problem with the equipment I can return it back to their company. With faith I collected the equipment ,paid him and leave only to get home to discovered that the equipment is fake. It can not even pump a ball talkless of a car tyre. The worst part is whenever I called he is always claiming he is busy.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Kanwulia: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2013
Yessssssssssssssssssoh!
By one VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY SHORT, DIRTY, FUGLY, Yoruba man who stole my computer and credit card in NVS! grin
Bladddddy TAIZI DREVA!
Oloshi don take shame go hide witi im small AUSPY-SUSPY 2.5 H-INCH VLOKOS! TWA!!!! cry
I got my computer totally cleaned out of his viruses. . . and my azzze too! kiss
Wells Fargo gave me my money jeje o!
The card was used all the way in NEW-YORK! wink

Yoruba boys too sabi tief too musssssssssssssh! grin

*LIVE FROM FRANKFURT, GERMANY. . .LUFTHANSA NA THE BEST. . .ONLY SECOND TO EMIRATES OF COURSE* cool

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ifyalways(f): 10:25am On Dec 03, 2013
kulyie: The second time i was duped in trade fair was when i went to buy a 25k tv set.that time flat screen had not yet come out.it was all this mega big t.v then old folks use.unfortunatly for me i went to the area where they said 'no testing' as they packaged the cd into the carton,me too i was happy that yes,emi na ra t.v cheesy as i got home say make i remove the tv from the carton and drop it on the table,e be like say my eyes dey deceieve me that day.as soon as i dropped the tv on the table,every part of the tv disembered.the back fell off,the sides,everything,it just fell like a pack of cards.as i looked inside i saw squeezed news papers stuffed inside,tissue papers,nylon.my ass glued to the sit.i didnt know what to do.i didnt know when a tear dropped from my eyes.

How is this scam?
You went to buy a cheap no testing/non-tested product abi? So how in God's green earth is this scam? You got what you wanted.
Who goes out to buy anything,electronics especially without seeing the contents,testing it and confirming it

You buy pirated CD's too and want to complain. Worst still,you did not bother to have it played randomly and thoroughly before making payment? Lagos girl?
This is not scam,you just acted fooolishly. That is it. as it is.

24 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ifyalways(f): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2013
@Topic,No. At least not yet or any i can remember. cheesy
My motto is "everyone no matter how smart, is a potential mugu" sooooo,I over shine my eyes, ask questions,deal with and erase all doubts before i part with my kobo.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Keziehenry(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2013
ifyalways: @Topic,No. At least not yet or any i can remember. cheesy
My motto is "everyone no matter how smart, is a potential mugu" sooooo,I over shine my eyes, ask questions,deal with and erase all doubts before i part with my kobo.
nice one
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 03, 2013
299: Olodoo!!!...., I actually knew you would back to show the world exactly how stuppid you are. Someone asked a simple question and you're going front and back giving irrelevant info that could be lies from the pit of your mouth. I guess it's beyound your ability to control how you write.
slowpoke,didnt i tell you to scram.your brain is too light for me to be exchanging words witha rat like
You so now disappear and go and meet your mates.little jobless boy too wants to be rubbing shoulders with me

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2013
ifyalways:
How is this scam?
You went to buy a cheap no testing/non-tested product abi? So how in God's green earth is this scam? You got what you wanted.
Who goes out to buy anything,electronics especially without seeing the contents,testing it and confirming it

You buy pirated CD's too and want to complain. Worst still,you did not bother to have it played randomly and thoroughly before making payment? Lagos girl? Enugu geh it was back then not a recent thing moreover lesson learnt babes wink
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
ifyalways:
How is this scam?

You buy pirated CD's too and want to complain. Worst still,you did not bother to have it played randomly and thoroughly before making payment? Lagos girl?
that was a long time ago,moreover lesson learnt anyway....next :/
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by jeffizy(m): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
I know a mod here who bought a phone on his first trip to Lagos .
He/She got home with a phone with no engine.
It was stuffed with paper! tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Keziehenry(m): 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
jeffizy: I know a mod here who bought a phone on his first trip to Lagos .
He/She got home with a phone with no engine.
It was stuffed with paper! tongue
LWKMD
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by 299: 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
kulyie: slowpoke,didnt i tell you to scram.your brain is too light for me to be exchanging words witha rat like
You so now disappear and go and meet your mates.little jobless boy too wants to be rubbing shoulders with me
smh....., you talk about 'light brain' when you are the one that have failed to use your pentium 0.5 brain, judging by how easy it was for those guys to convince you to part with the little change left in your miserable life. Lagos girl indeed!!! After you'll come here and talk how about how you 'drove up and drove down', dstv, blah blah blah......,when no one has asked you. You do that while going behind our back to buy 'non tested' goods....lolz...Poverty of cash is one thing, but poverty of mind is completely inexcusable.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2013
299: smh....., you talk about 'light brain' when you are the one that have failed to use your pentium 0.5 brain, judging by how easy it was for those guys to convince you to part with the little change left in your miserable life. Lagos girl indeed!!! After you'll come here and talk how about how you 'drove up and drove down', dstv, blah blah blah......,when no one has asked you. You do that while going behind our back to buy 'non tested' goods....lolz...Poverty of cash is one thing, but poverty of mind is completely inexcusable.
you better stop disgracing yourself and run along.i have said what i should say and no one including your imbecilic self is above mistake so dont come here and be claiming mr perfect.

You are too even 1d1otic to be discussing with me,so for the last time disappear.to ba tun teri si,ori e ma pa ni.omo oshi.alaileko,oloriburuku.

Meanwhile its your mothers life that is miserable,yes i said so and if you know it is your mother that gave birth to you not a swine or chimpanze,quote me again.asiere :/

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by 299: 9:24am On Dec 04, 2013
kulyie: you better stop disgracing yourself and run along.i have said what i should say and no one including your imbecilic self is above mistake so dont come here and be claiming mr perfect.

You are too even 1d1otic to be discussing with me,so for the last time disappear.to ba tun teri si,ori e ma pa ni.omo oshi.alaileko,oloriburuku.

Meanwhile its your mothers life that is miserable,yes i said so and if you know it is your mother that gave birth to you not a swine or chimpanze,quote me again.asiere :/
Do you need a doctor to tell you that you're psychologically impaired?? Because you seem to be very sad and in a world of your own. Why i say this is because if you had just one atom of brain cell in that your frying pan head, you would know it's still morally wrong to insult one's mother. But then, how do i expect you to understand when i know say na sliding tackle you dey use wake your mother for bed You have ZERO respect for your own mother, how then do you respect another person's mother in this your unfortunate state of mind@Kulyie, admit it; you're a goat and you know it...lolz....My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Isi-akwu

27 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2013
Sebi you are unemployed,you dont have work.na you go quote me taya and i repeat again since your mother refused to train you,IT is outside that they will train you.eranko jati jati

oya,quote again na.shey you say you no normal, your head go correct.alainironu alara galatia.your mates are out there working to make life better for themselves,you are in the cyber cafe with borrowed money cussing.you go cuss taya.mshewwwwwww.okugbe.dont worry seun osewa will pay you for time spent on nl
299: Do you need a doctor to tell you that you're psychologically impaired?? Because you seem to be very sad and in a world of your own. Why i say this is because if you had just one atom of brain cell in that your frying pan head, you would know it's still morally wrong to insult one's mother. But then, how do i expect you to understand when i know say na sliding tackle you dey use wake your mother for bed You have ZERO respect for your own mother, how then do you respect another person's mother in this your unfortunate state of mind@Kulyie, admit it; you're a goat and you know it...lolz....My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Isi-akwu
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by 299: 9:50am On Dec 04, 2013
.....and you are handicapped or allergic to hustle? Or are you already at trade fair looking for another 'non tested' panties to buy? I don't have to bring myself to your ignorant level to justify what i do

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 04, 2013
299: .....and you are handicapped or allergic to hustle? Or are you already at trade fair looking for another 'non tested' panties to buy? I don't have to bring myself to your ignorant level to justify what i do
wonderful.so you sell fairly used pants aka okrika for your customers at trade fair.noooo wonder.that explains why you have been so bitter and frustrated.

you better go and hustle before you become someone that will be involved in internet scam and then be arrested and before you know it be eating watery beans behind bars.

I understand that financial poverty makes people bitter so enjoy your misery.choiiiii.i hit it were it hurts.lmao

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by roled: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2013
Kulyie kulyie
Sometimes i wonder if truly you are a Lady
You make so much noise,run your mouth,claim Miss independent
What kind of car do you even Drive,how much is your worth in the Labour Market
A lady is meant to be seen not Heard(Noise Making)
I thought you were Engaged in 2011
So what happened?He dumped you cos of your attitude?
You really have to work on your urself
You are so lonely you need a Man

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

P&ID: Fear Grips Ex, Serving Officials As EFCC, NASS Uncover More Details / Nigerian Army Patrol Neutralize One Bandit, Capture 3 Alive In Kaduna / 10 Most Evil And Wicked People In History with pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.