Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU (26496 Views)

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia / ASUU Strike: FG Agrees On N200b In 2014 Budget On Universities / ASUU Strike: Government Blinks, Agrees To Spend N200b Each For Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Mulahmanbmr(m): 4:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
#TeamNextYear grin
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Davidolives(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
fijiano202: WHO fooling who.lets wait and see
blame it on the ASUU
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by funstufz: 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
What I dont understand about the strike is that I wanna know who started the strike- ASUU OR FG?

Hmmm, cus FG paid 200billions to anoda fg owned arm (CBN) is not enough reason for ASUU to believe FG based on their antecedents on agreements - once beaten, twice shy (consider also Lagos-Ibadan expressway)

ASUU need to 'verify' dat claim in their own way and ensure its not a 'fleece' promise 'cus if they took the bait and later cum back to tell us FG is not sincere, the wrath ASUU WOULD RECEIVE FROM ALL... I case my rest on dat for now.

BTW, where is Fagge?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
funstufz: What I dont understand about the strike is that I wanna know who started the strike- ASUU OR FG?

Hmmm, cus FG paid 200billions to anoda fg owned arm (CBN) is not enough reason for ASUU to believe FG based on their antecedents on agreements - once beaten, twice shy (consider also Lagos-Ibadan expressway)

ASUU need to 'verify' dat claim in their own way and ensure its not a 'fleece' promise 'cus if they took the bait and later cum back to tell us FG is not sincere, the wrath ASUU WOULD RECEIVE FROM ALL... I case my rest on dat for now.

BTW, where is Fagge?
fagge is preparing for iyayi's burial
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by ceejay80s(m): 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Where dem see money?
Man wey take 2M buy motor, na 2.5M dey him account?
200bn no be 2M, no be 20M, no be 200M.
We are bastardly rich in dis country and yet 70% are suffering.
God bless me & punish nigerìa
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Reference(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Privatize education and these will be over.

Good idea. I see a future educational spread involving private institutions (obviously for the rich), commercially funded ones (for and by big industry), then government funded ones (for those who just want paper, let my people go) and then those funded exclusively by foreign grants (for those who want free education and then flee the shores of Nigeria to work, pay taxes and develop other countries). All in a ratio of say 20:30:30:20% points. Government cannot fund our education alone. It is not responsible for our galloping population, cannot absorb all our graduates but loses massively from intellectual flight. The model we practice is unsustainable. New thinking is required. 220 billion a year is merely kicking the can down the road. In the early 90's the longest strikes took an average of 6weeks to resolve. Today we are witnessing 6 months. That's the only progress we appear to have made.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Reference(m): 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Privatize education and these will be over.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by enoks(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
All of u students heaping praises on ASUU dnt 4get to com and update the house the meaningful progress ur various schools records in d nxt 1 year after the funds have been consistently released for infrastructural development and human resource betterment. The only difference btw the two thieves( ASUU & FG) is the divide each thief finds himself....we will b waiting 4 updates!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by afokstoomuci(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
Who die na lose.But wait o,wetin d students go gain frm dis strike?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Toks2008(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hmmm! This ASUU strike has caused many things. Many female students i know are now heavily pregnant and one just put to bed(No kidding).

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by adonismuller(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Okupe said fg opened account with central bank!!! He never said they have paid inn......if they have paid inn the strike would have been called off...what kinda newspapers do we have in Nigeria?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Phemmy99(m): 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
adonismuller: Okupe said fg opened account with central bank!!! He never said they have paid inn......if they have paid inn the strike would have been called off...what kinda newspapers do we have in Nigeria?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Kingspin(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Maybe, ASUU, is waiting for opposition to win next election. I will say it again, ASUU have join politics.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Phemmy99(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
adonismuller: Okupe said fg opened account with central bank!!! He never said they have paid inn......if they have paid inn the strike would have been called off...what kinda newspapers do we have in Nigeria?
oga,,,like it was stated on www.channelstv.com,,,FG has paid d #200bn into the CBN account,,,all ASUU wants now is a document indicating d payment...
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Idrismusty97(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Next tomorrow news "ASUU rejects government 200b,says they ask for 260b" grin

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by adonismuller(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Phemmy99: oga,,,like it was stated on www.channelstv.com,,,FG has paid d #200bn into the CBN account,,,all ASUU wants now is a document indicating d payment...
okay bro....S̴̩☺ one problem is paying inn, the other is document? I guess that will take another 2 months
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Habidab: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Gud
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Adetula1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mbatagr82: Even though i have wasted 5 months doing nothing at home, i will still remain gratefull to ASUU. Hoping that one day i will be a better leader. Wish i could attend Iyayi's burial.
na wa oooooo.i dnt need a prohpet to tell me you are one of those forced to go to school in d first place.grateful for what or how does ASUU strike make you a better leader?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
ASUU/fg....hope u know dat thunder will fire u pipo....smilling.....let d sleeping dog lye
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by howfarwhatagwan: 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
Na wow oh presido so ''your well-articulated transformation agenda'' (according to your adviser) allows students to sit at home for 5 months while your minister of education threatens to sack the striking lecturers and then you finally release 200 billion?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by chris7272: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
let our govt be sincere, lets be sure of the lodgement b4 blaming ASUU because is politician that talk.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 05, 2013
Call me me cynical, but what guarantees do ASUU have until they see the first kobo transferred by CBN to their bank accounts?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by ddeola: 2:17am On Dec 05, 2013
The so-called previous governments no be the same fee-dee-fee yeye-yeye runz...

Any government that does not value education is NOT good. If Okupe get pikin for any Nija school, will he be saying these crap?

By the grace of God, come 2015, this table will turn and Nija will be blessed with a responsible and credible democratically elected leadership. No be this "dem-dem" stuff

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by femialiu(m): 6:35am On Dec 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Most Nairalanders are undergrads, and I see many dumb responses which are biasedly pro-ASUU rascality. Well, I am pondering if most of you poor folks whose parents struggle real hard to sponsor your education realize that rich folks' kids do not attend public Universities but private universities as well as foreign ones.

If you ponder what I'm pondering, then you will not just know, but you will understand that the gap between the rich and the poor is widening in terms of intelligence and assets. The only factor that can help bridge this gap between poverty and wealth is knowledge, and University education offers that foundation.

Continuous unnecessary strike by ASUU affects you and you and you and not most of the politicians and elites.

Criticize ASUU enough to make them call off this unnecessary strike.

Teachers reward is in heaven (I just dey joke oh).

I also guess you didn't school in Nigeria or you graduated from a private University.... if ASUU has stayed at home for 5 months, would it be wise for them to resume without achieving what they have been clamouring for... BTW, the lecturers kids also attends these fed universities... but Pres, Gov, Senators, and those politicians have their wards schooling abroad....
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Ameen56: 8:10am On Dec 05, 2013
This is the President that we seek. This is remarkable. Carry go ASUU! Let's now reason along with FG now that they're doing what is expected.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Adesquare18: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2013
they shld jst call d strk off untym jare
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Newshunter: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
DECEIT LOADED POLITICAL & ETHNO-RELIGIOUS ASUU STRIKE

ASUU STRIKE IS CONSISTENT WITH OUR BOKO HARAM PHILOSOPHY AND WILL HELP RESTORE OUR BORN-TO-RULE ADVANTAGE – Dr Nassir Faage – ASUU President

Journalist : Good evening Sir. I am a Journalist and would like to know your profession and what you do and teach in the University.

ASUU President: My profession is strike and I do strike and teach strike in the University.

Journalist: Can you tell me why you choose Strike as your profession.

ASUU President: : Are you not aware that I am a born-to-ruin Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani and western education is forbidden in our religion and culture (Boko Haram). So with Strike as my profession I can contribute to the advancement of my peoples vital interests by ruining western education in Nigeria.

Journalist: What else do you think you can contribute to advance the interests of your people as a Professor of Strike.

ASUU President: Yes, as a Professor of Strike, I am in a better position to help my people bring down the “illegal” Government of President Goodluck Jonathan on or before 2015 and restore Aso Rock Presidency back to the Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani. In fact, the strike is a big way of telling Nigerians that President Goodluck Jonathan is “weak, corrupt, mediocre, insensitive and not performing”.

Journalist : Sir why do you say that the Government of President Goodluck Jonathan is “illegal”?

ASUU President: Are you not aware that President Goodluck Jonathan is not from the Core North. He is an infidel Southerner. The Presidency of Nigeria must be reserved only for the Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani .

Journalist : Sir, are you saying that the Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani believe that they alone are born-to-rule Nigeria forever.

ASUU President: That is very correct and this present strike will not be called off until everybody gets that message and makes the necessary adjustment to ensure that, that message upturns present reality.

Journalist: Goodluck to you Sir

ASUU President: Walahi Talahi ....... ba na so Goodluck ..... nyamiri ne !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU: Eksu, Uniosun, Kasu Tackle Osodeke Over "Quack Universities" Statement / KASU Suspends Students Who Beat Up NDA Cadets / Nursery School Charges Over 2 Million Per annum (See Cost Breakdown)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.