Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? (4488 Views)

How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by SugaryBelle(f): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2013
Exponental: My wife rejected all d 3bedroom apartments I proposed. She insisted on a 2bedroom. She said 3bedroom will allow unnecessary company, which I agree with. 5bedroom is not necessary, there is time for everything. Even if d house belongs 2 them, let them partition it n rent it out. More money!
my cousin did this too,it discourages guests from over staying.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by deols(f): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
How I'd use it.

1. master bedroom
2&3. closets
4. nursery
5.guest room.

space is goood. A spacious house is mwahhhh
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
this is such a stupid post

How is this anyone else's bzness?
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by Nomski0(f): 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mzflexydeeva: like seriously how many couples married for over 10yrs today live in 5 bedroom apartments
Many undecided.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by sakaguchi(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
Am I the only one that thinks this is a sick question that needs panadol?

1 Like

Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by SisiKill1: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
Why is this a "Should" Question?!!!!!
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mondisweets: No they should stay in shared one bedroom. Divide it wit a curtain

Lol!! Abi o?

Whose business is it what number of bedrooms people want in their own houses?
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
sakaguchi: Am I the only one that thinks this is a sick question that needs panadol?

Rotfl! grin
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by teeyy: 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
For a newly wedded couple naaaaa, I wont advice that, at this time u need ur privacy, just be ready to accommodate all your relative in each of those rooms, and when they get 2 comfortable they won't want 2 leave. When I got married we got 2 bedroom flat, lo and behold the second room is jam packed, I also ave a brother that had 5 bedroom flat, but u hardly see any of both sides family in there house. My point is if u go for the 5bedroom u ave to reduce the no of people that comes, that's if they won't think u are the bad wife, I would suggest u discuss it better with ur spouse.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by tpia5: 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
if they like.

i would assume if they can afford a five bedroom apartment, then they should also have some other properties as well.

if they made their money legally, then it shouldnt be a big deal.

those who got rich by illegal means dont do all this soul searching before spending their riches and neither do they have the whole world breathing down their backs trying to pokenose all the time.

however, if "awon aye" are trailing you everywhere, best to lie low.

1 Like

Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by deols(f): 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
This talk about people coming to your house because you habe 5 rooms is just funny.

put the rooms to good use now or simply say No to them.na so pple wont enjoy their own lives for the fear of others?
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sleep in one bedroom per day
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by EfemenaXY: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
teeyy: For a newly wedded couple naaaaa, I wont advice that, at this time u need ur privacy, just be ready to accommodate all your relative in each of those rooms, and when they get 2 comfortable they won't want 2 leave. When I got married we got 2 bedroom flat, lo and behold the second room is jam packed, I also ave a brother that had 5 bedroom flat, but u hardly see any of both sides family in there house. My point is if u go for the 5bedroom u ave to reduce the no of people that comes, that's if they won't think u are the bad wife, I would suggest u discuss it better with ur spouse.

That happened to you, only because you let it.

I grew up in a huge family home with at least 8 bedrooms excluding the boys quarters - and guess what? We didn't have any forever-live-in relatives building their tents with us.

Limiting the amount of space in your home for fear of relatives living with you, is one of the oddest reasons I've ever heard. Learn to say No if it bothers you that much.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by tpia5: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
so somebody who has money in nigeria cant live in a mansion by himself if he so wishes?

if the person packs up, God forbid, will the relatives also pack up with them? or wont they continue living their own lives.

that's one advantage of being in nigeria, you have boys quarters to help people living with you. Some boys quarters sef are like three/four bedroom apartments.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by tpia5: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by ufobabe(f): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
i advice d couple to read 'rich dad, poor dad'
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by tpia5: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
salsera: this is such a stupid post

How is this anyone else's bzness?

if they hear about it, it becomes their business.

would be great if they could use their superpowers to solve and prevent crimes but alas, they're limited or accomplices in that department.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by armyofone(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2013
No they should not but live in face me i face you while wifey make meals in your butt face my soup my butt face your soup. Dont complain of farts when it starts raining down.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by auntytee: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2013
Mzflexydeeva: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! five bed room apartment for what na? they can if they got the house as a wedding gift or if the already built it before the wedding but if the have to get a place to start liife, then to me that's pure stupidity. what will they need it for?? its not just going to be a waste of money but also an evidence of missed priority.a big house wont guaraty a beautiful marriaage. in my opinion it is totally not needed.
Will d son of a multi billonaire e.g (Dangote) also be missing priority by getting himself and his newly wedded wife a 5 bedroom duplex for a start in life? Alotta rich people exist honey.
They'll need it for the helps and cooks.... Lol
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Ok we know you and your wife are moving into a five bedrooms apartment. Good for you.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
auntytee: Will d son of a multi billonaire e.g (Dangote) also be missing priority by getting himself and his newly wedded wife a 5 bedroom duplex for a start in life? Alotta rich people exist honey.
They'll need it for the helps and cooks.... Lol
read my post again........I said viewing from d average Nigerian. How many dongote like people do we have? Look at it like a young man just starting life wit his beautiful wife. Average newly weds
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by EfemenaXY: 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chillisauce: This is mine,

1 - Masters- hubby and I

2 -nursery
3 - guest
4- my office/ library
5 - hubby, game section and gym house

6 - a wooden house known as dog house to put tools, by cycle or unwanted toys and clothes etc.. cool

You see, every thing occupied.

So I need 6

Your head dey there jare. Why didn't I look at it that way too? As per your number 6 - na garden shed be that na cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by baralatie(m): 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Now this is a practical couple!
there is a bachelor that i know that leaves in a 3bedroom duplex.
It al boils down to the size of ur pocket.
If u dnt av it dnt spend it but when when combined income is hitting 7digits(it is dif to tel to stay in a boys'quarter)

1 Like

Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by tpia5: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Overseas many bachelors ( young guys and never even married), can afford houses if they have good jobs and some actually do buy two or three bedroom residences while single.

Likewise it is not too unusual either to sometimes see single ladies who live in their own houses as opposed to renting an apartment.

It all depends on the size of your pocket, as long as 'awon aye' are not following you. Although for safety reasons, they may sublet or rent out.

In nigeria, young guys of marriageable age who are well placed, are far more likely to be married so it might be more difficult to draw conclusions about such.
Re: Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? by Tonyx5(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2022
addictiv:
That would depend on the kinda people they are and life they want. Personally, I prefer a six bedroom duplex as an ideal home.
What's up w this??

(1) (2) (Reply)

To The Married Couples-please Help Say Something Meaningful / Advise Me Please. / Caption This Photo Of A Man As He Watch His Wife Giving Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.