Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,674 members, 7,840,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years (931 Views)

APC 'll Win In Bayelsa To Enact Buhari’s Change — Sylva / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House / Reps. Set For Nationwide Grassroot Hearing On Constitution Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by 1MCN: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
The Federal House of Representatives have concluded arrangements to enact a law aimed at making the results of the Joint Admission and Matriculations Board, JAMB's Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination UTME valid for three consecutive years. When this bill proposal is passed into Law, candidates who write the examination can use the result to seek admission into higher institutions in the country for three years after the sitting. The result is currently valid for seeking admission only for one year.
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by 1MCN: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sourced from the FRCN
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by Aspetta(f): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
I hope they mean it. It will go a long way if and when they pass the law.
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by 1MCN: 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
Aspetta: I hope they mean it. It will go a long way if and when they pass the law.
The Steve Orasanya committee on the Rationalization of Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies and Parastatals had recently presented a recommendation that JAMB UTME should be discontinued and that the Board should only oversee admission processing without bothering itself with exams. With this news, one wonders if that recommendation has been jettisoned.
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by wirinet(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Anarchy. Each year over 1.5 million students take jamb, meanwhile our universities can admit at most 150,000. so how do you hope to aggregate students from 3 seperate years. How will the universities set their cut off marks? The problem is not JAMB but highly limited space in our universities for the huge demand.
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by 1MCN: 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
wirinet: Anarchy. Each year over 1.5 million students take jamb, meanwhile our universities can admit at most 150,000. so how do you hope to aggregate students from 3 seperate years. How will the universities set their cut off marks? The problem is not JAMB but highly limited space in our universities for the huge demand.
The argument is sound. But I think there are more private and state government-owned universities coming on stream these days. If the already existing universities recieve the kind of funds they're demanding from the gov't now I think they should be able to absorb more students--this however cannot guarantee that they can take in even up to half. We need more higher and vocational institutions in this country. It's also an opportunity for investment. If only a state can take it up to roll out a tertiary institution free trade zone and give tax rebates and other sundry incentives to prospective investors to woo them I believe that one state can begin to talk about housing over 30 higher institutions on its soils. States like Imo, Osun, Ekiti, Anambra, Kaduna, Kwara, etc have comparative advantage.
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by Olugbenger(m): 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
thrash undecided
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by 1MCN: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Olugbenger: thrash undecided

What part of the information is thrash?
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by Olugbenger(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2013
1MCN:

What part of the information is thrash?

The policy, not the information.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 05, 2013
At least one good thing they are trying to do. People will no longer waste their money and burn their heads unnecessarily. That's a good one.
i only hope more institutions are established.
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by 1MCN: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
Olugbenger:

The policy, not the information.

Okay, Boss
Re: House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years by 1MCN: 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
sbaks: At least one good thing they are trying to do. People will no longer waste their money and burn their heads unnecessarily. That's a good one.
i only hope more institutions are established.

I honestly wonder if the UTME is still relevant in these times at all. They (JAMB) should just busy themselves with admissions regulations.

(1) (Reply)

EVEN David Cameron And The Sec Gen Of UN Wasn't On The Tribute List / Nigeria, Venezuela Begin Visa-free Travel Regime / Army Council Promotes 27 Brigadier-generals, 75 Colonels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.