Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? (10528 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Olateef(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
cheesy

Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by benlay(m): 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
...... and this made the front page? NL is getting old!
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by vokalguy(m): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hmm I am Nigerian to the core and I want us to be realistic and truthful here. So check this out.... our leaders have not been able to successfully guarantee the safety of the citizens of this country. We have a freaking terrorist organization operating in Nigeria and so far the government have not been able to do something about it. The United States government regularly issue travel advisory warnings to its citizens because they know anything can happen in Nigeria anytime. Secondly our leaders have not been able to successfully create jobs for its citizens, you mind telling me why other citizens would wanna move to Nigeria when there is no guarantee of finding a job. Do not get me started on the basic amenities of life. No constant electricity, no water, no good roads..... I weep for my country. We need to get our house in order before inviting other people to come visit.
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by logica(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
The US Diversity Program is just a way for the Caucasians to try to alleviate the guilt they must feel for stealing from the natives and almost wiping them of the surface of the Earth. So they want people from all over the world to come share in the largess. Besides, Nigeria has 250 ethnic groups speaking over 400 languages. So what diversity are you looking for again? So where is the comparison with Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by sonickay(m): 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
The desire to have a DV Visa Lottery programme now is like checking the colour of poison. Taking steps in such direction is a death wish in its entirety. However, at the pace Nigeria is going, this policy could not be ruled out by the year 2090 for smaller nations in Africa to seek green pasture in Nigeria; that's a crude reality, our 50yrs of independence has been a sham!
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by ExpressBooking(m): 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
That will be license to BH and we go leave Nigeria run comot
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Ghadafy(m): 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
My Vicky: A friend asked me why is Nigeria not able to have her own Visa lottery program? I felt that's way too much to ask from our dear country. I believe Nigeria must fix the critical sectors of her economy before even dreaming of having a visa lottery program. How can you have such program when your educational sector is in shambles and marred with incessant ASUU strike actions, how can you dream of such program when you cannot guarantee stable supply of electricity, pipe borne water, good and pliable roads, decent health care system and so on. In my opinion, the country is still very far away from such realities! I may be wrong, so what do you think fellow NLders?

Hiss
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by OmoTier1(m): 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
The many replies on this thread castigating the op says a lot about Nigerians. Some think diversity visas lottery is only for DEVELOPED nations, whilst others are stereotyping.

Diversity visas lottery is a deliberate programme by governments to bluster their population with people they think would fill the missing jig saw in their economy. It could be skilled work force as in the case of Canada, or race balance as in the case of the United States, or highly skilled imbalance as in Australia, and New Zealand.

So then, tell me why Nigeria as a developing nation cannot have a diversity programme to address some of the imbalances in the nation space? I am sure several of the Indians would gladly jump at the offer of having a free pass to work for the multi nationals in the country, and also set up their own businesses.

Creativity can only be found in the hands of those with a visionary heart - omo_Tier1
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by lafuria1(m): 12:04am On Dec 06, 2013
(:
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by logica(m): 12:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Omo_Tier1: It could be skilled work force as in the case of Canada, or race balance as in the case of the United States, or highly skilled imbalance as in Australia, and New Zealand.
I will give you a box of cookies if you can figure by yourself what each of those highlighted countries in your post have in common.
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by lafuria1(m): 12:09am On Dec 06, 2013
embarassed
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Naijamericana: 12:38am On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: @poster, you sound like someone who didn't attend school beyond primary level.

Do you know what it means to be a developing nation?

Why would a developing nation have a ''visa lottery program'' for people ostensibly seeking 'greener pastures' in developed countries? undecided undecided

We are not even an emerging nation. If South Africa doesnt have a visa lottery system, na Naija go come get one abi?
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by mickyarams: 12:48am On Dec 06, 2013
Nigeria is a country people leave
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Naijamericana:

We are not even an emerging nation.

Yes we are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 06, 2013
mickyarams: Nigeria is a country people leave
Foreigner, Nigeria is also a country millions of people visit annually.
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 06, 2013
naija self ehn.
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by stalliontp(m): 2:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Let's break up the country, then we can do visa lottery in Oduduwa Republic and maybe Biafra Republic, i wonder who will want to live with the Hausas anyway lol
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Pennywise(m): 3:45am On Dec 06, 2013
Anyone who applies should face a proper criminal investigation not just a resident visa interview.
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by solomon111(m): 4:50am On Dec 06, 2013
Nigeria is a developing country and developing countries don't need a DV programme.
And for developing countries with enormous workforce like china,india,Nigeria,a DV programme would be absolute madness.
Though i think Nigeria would need a DV programme for very skilled individuals sometime in the future when the essential sectors have finished developing given the rate at which the youths are leaving the country for greener pastures.
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by godman01(m): 5:37am On Dec 06, 2013
ichidodo: O.p Nainja don full,chance no dey.....
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by guiddoti: 5:38am On Dec 06, 2013
angry
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by guiddoti: 5:39am On Dec 06, 2013
Good idea. We are looking into it. DV Lottery ok all our reserved will be spent on the project. Dont worry if you dont have food again ok Nigeria will be fine. All negro will become a slave again in their own country. Dont worry housing will not be enough again ok. Don't worry when foreigners ride on the horses and negro walk on bare foot. Dont worry population will be doubled ok one job for 20 negros. Everyone will work like an elephant and eat like an ant
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by kellykings84: 7:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Funny tin is, if we start a program like dat, a lot of foreigners are going to rush in to take advantage of d opportunity. Forget d fact dat we re even developing, do u know how many chinese, indians queue up to get visas to nigeria nd how de pay so much here to extend dere one month immigration stamp wen de re already in nigeria.
De ll rush to rada have a permanent stay dan go thru all d stress. De make so much in our epileptic state i can tell u
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by honeeyplum(f): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2013
Which of the Nigerias? Becoz I strongly believe it is not this one we live in with so many problems of its own..........OP,pray tell,if there is any other Nigeria,won't mind relocating!
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Gudintent: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2013
alpha conde: Aren't we tired of listing and moaning nigeria's problem everyday, every article these days is just to talk about problem problems and problems.
Mhen am tired.

Pele have a kitkat

Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by simplynola(m): 7:35am On Dec 06, 2013
Yea Nigeria has her own indirect DV Program. Our borders are so porous we have the Nigers, Malians, Chadians etc trooping into Nigeria with many of them part of boko haram that are troubling Nigeria now. So what do you call that? Naija DV Lottery
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by yomi007k(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Our unstable economy and political unrests will discourage a lot of people from wanting to settle. Only expatriates that know how to milk this nation will want to give it a try
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Emmonski(m): 7:59am On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: @poster, you sound like someone who didn't attend school beyond primary level.

Do you know what it means to be a developing nation?

Why would a developing nation have a ''visa lottery program'' for people ostensibly seeking 'greener pastures' in developed countries? undecided undecided
dont u think we still have under developed countries?
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Osama10(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2013
This is the joke of the year. grin
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by yoged(m): 8:19am On Dec 06, 2013
rasojie: well, my opinion

Go and die grin
u kids of nowadays don't have manner. Is the op your mate? Your pics shows how clueless you are which am attaching below.

Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 06, 2013
This O.P has no common sense; if he has common sense, he wont have posted this shi*t on nairaland;he should know d answer to his question if he has common sense; anyway, common sense is not common these days.
Re: What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? by olumaxi(m): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Boko haram

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 / How Much Is Flight From Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.