Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Murder Case- A short story - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murder Case- A short story (50246 Views)

* *murder On Valentine's Day* * / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / Murder On Koboland.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Adinije(f): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
the suspense is killing bro. pls do not let anything happen to Jacob and Grace.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Enigma1510(m): 11:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Oga Ade!!! Mah no para 4 U ooo. I don dey refresh my Nokia c1 since mawnin. I dey even think if i turn diz one to Action movie 4 naija, e go sell sharp sharp. Na Anta Laniyan go direct am. Wu go be Clement sef? Mk we use dejo? Jst kiddin...
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Olarewajub: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please come and update o. We are already in tomorrow or is today not Wednesday?
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Fonydear(f): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
The 1st lady of this thread has been missing and no one looked for me. No problem, catching up from page 2.

*so angry*nobody should cross my path
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Uthman51(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
.....waiting oooooooooo.........
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by 3Dimension: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
Adegwu no kill person o.. This suspense don nearly make person faint o.

U for don put disclaimer say this story is not for ppl with highblood pressure.

How he go be make them talk say na suspense from story kill person? Abeg o.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by oloyedayo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
waiting...
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hunger sometimes make us not to think properly. Jacobs was starving and here he was, face to face with a sumptious meal. He couldn't wait till Attah wakes up because he didn't trust the other inmates they could decide to collect the food from his hand.
He brought out the spoon and quickly scooped the rice. He was about taking it inside his mouth but his concious kept on disturbing him.
"Why would he be eating while his friend who had been helping him is sleeping in hunger?"
He decided to wake Attah.
He slapped attah but the guy didn't respond.
He slapped him again but the guy rather switched position and continued his sweet sleep.
"Maybe God wants me to eat this one alone" Jacobs thought.

He concentrated on his rice and wanted to start eating when Attah opened his eyes slowly.
"Who gave you this food" Attah asked and immediately stood up.

"You are awake, i was trying to wake you but you didn't wake" Jacobs replied.

"Thats not the question i asked, who gave you this food?"

"My friend Dr. Amos" Jacobs replied.

"Isn't Amos supposed to be preparing the antidote? Did you see him?"

It was only then that Jacobs started seeing sense in what Attah was saying. He felt stupid for even thinking about eating the food.
"Come, una see food the do guy shey? oya bring am" one of the inmates ordered and collected the rice. He took the rice to his corner and started eating it despite pleas from Jacobs and Attah.
He ate like a mad man. Who would blame him? Its been long since he ate That kind of food.
He got tired of the rice and he grabbed the chicken. After devouring it he pushed the plate aside and gave a loud belch.
"Life is good" he confessed.

Jacobs and Attah were watching in utter dissapointment, they just missed their meal all because of fear that the food was poisoned. There were still looking when something strange happened.
The guy who just finished eating the rice grabbed his neck as if trying to stop something from going down his throat. He fell to the ground and started shaking like a cursed chicken, a foamy substance was oozing from his mouth. All the Inmates stood there watching in awe.
He kept gasping for breathe, jerking while placing his hand on his chest. Suddenly, life was drained out of him. He gave up and laid lifeless on the ground.

"Warder come o, person don die" someone shouted.
The prison warders all ran towards them but they didn't enter the prison.
"Oya make una leave that place, we go call doctor" one of the men replied them and wanted to go when he remembered something.
"Mr. Jacobs, your lawyer wan see you"

Jacobs stood up and was led to another room where barrister clement was waiting for him. His left hand hung on a bandage which was placed across his neck.
"Clement, how are you doing?" Jacobs asked.

"Am okay, how are you faring in prison?" clement asked.

"Its been tough but i'm managing. So what brought you here?"

"Jacobs i dont know how to say this without sounding like a bad friend" clement started.

"What is it?" Jacobs asked.

"I'm withdrawing from the case"

Amos was thinking about how his friend would feel when he discovers that he failed in the little assignment given to him. He thought about the effect his failure would have on grace. He couldn't go back back to David because he wasn't sure if David would have an extra reserve moreso, he wasn't sure if David would give him one of his most precious chemicals, how he gave him about an hour ago was still a suprise to him. All these, Amos was thinking in a split-second. He used all his thoughts as a motivation to run after the bikeman.
He ran so fast like a gala seller chasing after a driver who refused to pay him.
"Thief!! thief!! He shouted while running after the bike. The bikeman looked back to see the guy chasing him but before he could concentrate on riding his bike, a driver ran into him.
He fell down and the Benzodiazepine fell from his hand.
He quickly got up and ran for his life. Nobody wants to be lynched by an angry mob.

Dr. Amos quickly ran and picked up the Benzodiazepine, he ignored the staring eyes and continued his journey.

By the time he got to his office, he had only 2hours left.
He went straight to the lab and started the preparation of the antidote. Now that was the tricky part. The antidote was supposed to be greenish in colour but all the test were giving him blue. He looked at his wrist watch and he was left with 30minutes. He looked at the Benzodiazepine, it was getting empty. He read the text message Again and he saw what he got wrong. The Benzodiazepine was supposed to be added in only two drops but he was busy pouring it.
He followed the instruction and got a 'bluish-green' colour. "
"This should be it" he said and ran back to grace. He injected her the antidote and nothing happened.
"I guess i just have to wait" he said.

"Jimmy what have you got?" sani asked.

"Remember that cyberware we launched? That is supposed to detect emails with terrorist content?" Jimmy asked and sani nodded.

"well it just intercepted a mail from a well known terrorist. A truck loaded with snipers is arriving nigeria via the chad-maiduguri boarder"

"Any information on the transporter?" sani asked.

"mahamat hassane, a graduate of molecular physics from oxford university, went back to his country in 2012 to start up a farm''

"a graduate of molecular physics from one of the best universities went back to his country to start a farm? I think we gat our man" sani responded.
"prepare the chopper and send a tactical team, i want agent musa to lead the team"

*TBC*
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
sorry for the delays, you guys wont even want to here my explanation.

fonydear we no forget you o

philtrum, c'est moi, uthman, chade, olusharp, igweminho, d9ty7, deebarbie, onyo73,ojoko, hotdiamond, kingsilly,adinije, enigma, olarewajub, fonydear, oloyedayo, 3Dimension, i
thank you guys for your comments
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
adegwu no allow me para 4 u oooo.... Assuming sey na Garrium u talk sey that assassin carry com nau we go hear.... But see food wey u com allow waste!! Ah!! U wicked a whole cooler of fried rice and chicken...... Lwkmd anyways RIP to that prison bully....... We still remain ur undergee readers...
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by ojoko1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Just like 3Dimension said, u should have put a warning that reads "Pple with HBP are advised not to start reading this piece". Too much suspense na. Kudos, man.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by virtuousMe(f): 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ehen, this one long, at least I can be feeding on it before the next one but still try and make it soon. Thank you.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
mistah_teepex: adegwu no allow me para 4 u oooo.... Assuming sey na Garrium u talk sey that assassin carry com nau we go hear.... But see food wey u com allow waste!! Ah!! U wicked a whole cooler of fried rice and chicken...... Lwkmd anyways RIP to that prison bully....... We still remain ur undergee readers...
oga if u dey prison and ur friend come give you garri you go collect?
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
ojoko1: Just like 3Dimension said, u should have put a warning that reads "Pple with HBP are advised not to start reading this piece". Too much suspense na. Kudos, man.
huh?? but i conciously made my last update suspense free grin
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
virtuousMe: Ehen, this one long, at least I can be feeding on it before the next one but still try and make it soon. Thank you.
aiit sir...

1 Like

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by chiefololade: 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
When is the next update Oga Ade?
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by ony073: 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Update nw oooh b4 u go watched champions league nw so dt u wil nt av excuse for short update
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
chiefololade: When is the next update Oga Ade?
about typing it sir
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
ony073: Update nw oooh b4 u go watched champions league nw so dt u wil nt av excuse for short update
yesboss, make i start type
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
typing with snail speed...
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nadoson: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
@Op, seem u'l replace late Prof. CHINUA ACHEBE in future time. Pls try 2 arrange & produce this story as a novel, i think it wil sell. Ur gud so kip it up.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by walewunmi(m): 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mr adegwu u won killi me wit suspense oh aba see twist n turns I lyk mr.amos see ow e pursue d thief in split seconds...mr.ade nice write up I dey gbadun u lyk madtgrin
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kingphilip(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Big bro abeg come drop very lng one o
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Zumarocket(f): 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
bros ade. abeg jst cme marry my sister. guy u be comfirm comfamation. u bam scarter.

patiently waitin for more drama to follow. kudos all d way.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Uthman51(m): 11:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
More oil to ur lantern bro.. grin..I dey wait ooooo.... cool
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by dammygoody(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ade where are you;this suspense is way too much...OMG....barrister Clement,a very good old friend,withdraw from a very important case.. *sighs*..
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nwereonye(m): 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
oga soyinka am anxiously waiting Gud job i swear grin
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by philtrum(m): 12:37am On Dec 12, 2013
I swear if person narrate this story give me i go think say Nah film oooooo. @Op I dey on top ur update 247 .......but abeg suspense dey make my blood hot oo.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by muyijazz1(m): 6:34am On Dec 12, 2013
Oga Ade if you keep us in too much suspence updating once a day some of us that hhas come this far might get tired of waiting so therefore My badt UAM boi end this story already or update 3x a day!

1 Like

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by globatop: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2013
if you did not end this suspense, I will recommend your ban. lol. You are a great fiction writer, I will recommend u put this into home video, I will buy and market too.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by samuel72(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2013
update.................. update........................................ pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . ................................
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2013
Jacobs was not only shocked by clement's revelation, he was dissapointed. They had a wonderful chemistry and the case was going pretty well, but what he didn't know was why his attorney who happens to be his friend will quit in the middle of the case.
He opened his mouth to talk but words didn't come out.

"I know what you are thinking jacobs but i have to withdraw for the saftety of me and my family" Clement explained.

"What are you talking about?"

"Jacobs i was shot while representing you, My wife went to the market and when coming back, the cab driver gave her a note to give me, it was a threat. Junior my son was coming back from school with a note for me, he said it was one of the security men in his school that gave him. All this notes where threats from anonymous people telling me to quit the case or i loose my family"

Jacobs felt pity for Clement. But if he doesn't get quality representation, he might end up in jail for a crime he didn't commit.

"Clement do you know that a poisoned food was sent to me in this prison? Do you know that my wife was injected with a drug that would cause permanent amnesia? You know how difficult this case would be if my wife forgets everything. Please my friend, i need you now more than ever" Jacobs begged

"My family also needs me, there is nothing i can do. I'v already found you another lawyer and i'v briefed him on the case" Clement assured.

"Dont worry clement, i'll represent myself" Jacobs said

"What!! Are you mad? Self Representation is suicide" Clement cautioned but Jacobs had already stood up and was already been led by a warder back to his prison.

"The hearing has been fixed for next 2weeks" Clement shouted before Jacobs left the room.

Dr. Amos sat down and was waiting for a miracle. He knew Grace would wake up but the question was, "is she going to wake with her memory?" He checked his time and he remembered he had missed a very important surgery. He quickly got up and ran to the theater.

Nurse Amaka entered the room Grace was admitted, she saw her still sleeping peacefully and she began to wonder why some people would want to punish such a beauty.
After standing there for a while, she decided to go back to her base. Just then, Grace sneezed and she turned back.
Grace slowly opened her eyes, the room was blurred and she couldn't see anything clearly, she closed her eyes for some few seconds and opened it but it was still the same.

"You are awake!" Amaka said and ran to her bedside. Grace tried to see the person but her blurred vision didn't permit her.

"what's your name?" Amaka asked her. Grace was suprised at the question but she thought it was one of their logistic problems that they were trying to rectify.

"My name is Grace Jacobs" she replied.

"What's your husbands name?"

"Olundare Jacobs" Grace replied with a suprised look.

" Which day were you brought to the hospital?" Amaka asked.

"Please nurse, i want to rest. When i'm done resting you can come and continue your questions"

"Oh, i'm sorry" Amaka said and walked out of the room dissapointed.

How Far is the tactical team?" sani asked.

"About an hour away" Jimmy replied.

Just then, a man walked into the building and went straight to sani.
" Lieutenant Bala Usman" he said flashing his ID card and extending his hand for a handshake.
Sani shook the hand warmly.

"you are welcome Lieutenant, what can we do for you" he asked.

"I heard there is a crisis situation here so i came to render my help in anyway possible" the man said.

"Thanks Lieutenant but as you can see, we have enough personnel to handle the crises" sani replied him warmly.

"Oh, that is not a problem at all, i will stay put until my services is required. Never underestimate the help of an Army officer" he replied with a charming smile.

"Alright you can relax in the waiting room, i will call you when we need help" sani said pointing to the waiting room.

The man smiled and went towards the waiting room while sani turned and continued talking to Jimmy.
"Make sure you set up a communucation line between we and the tactical team. I want live feeds from the operation" he said and walked back to his officer.

As Lieutenant Bala Usman, walked to the waiting room, he brought out his phone and punched some keys. The schematics of the NATU building sprang up. A red dot was at the west wing of the schematics on his phone. He turned back and when he saw that no one was watching, he diverted to the west wing. He continued moving and the red dot started getting closer. He reached a point and he was exactly at the red Spot.

"hey man you are not supposed to be here" someone said from inside the room.

"Ya i know, i missed my way, i was looking for the toilet" he replied.

"alright, go back through were you are coming from, take a right and you will see the toilet by your left hand side" the guy inside the room explained.

"I dont understand" Usman said, giving the man a confused look.

The man angrily opened his door and came out.
"follow me, he said" he walked into usman's front.
Usman quickly increased his steps towards the man. When he was exactly behind the man, he twisted the man's neck violently and he fell to the ground and died without struggling.

Usman quickly searched him and removed his keycard. He went to the door and punched some combinations on the keypad, he then used the keycard to swipe through the slot. The door clicked and it opened.
Usman entered the room and behold, different guns were staring at him.

"This is not what i'm looking for" he said and went towards a shelf.
He looked at his phone and got the password of the shelf. He punched it and it opened immediately. He smiled at what he saw.
EXPLOSIVES!!!

*TBC*

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

The Religion / Collins Oscar Wedding Dress (Pictures) / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.