Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:39 AM

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery (30688 Views)

Behind The Wheels Of A Murder / Mystery Man (short Story) / The Murder Case- A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
This work is protected by copy right and should not be copied in any form. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, without prior written permission of the author.

This is a fictional story; a figment of the writers imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead or actual event is purely coincidental.

Author's email: torchwriter14@yahoo.com

Enjoy!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
For Benin City
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
It's raining, it's pouring

I sat on the veranda and watched as the rain poured from the sky and washed the earth clean of her sins. I heard the pestle hit the mortar and the former cry out in response. I saw the palm trees sway from side to side; they were in complete awe of Mother Nature.

I heard my mother call out my name but I ignored her. I dug my feet in the sand and watched the rain tap it with such ferocity.

I wanted to dance under the rain like we used to do as children but I was no longer a child. I am 15 years and old enough to know such stupidity can lead to pneumonia.

My mother said it was the same sickness that led to the death of Uncle Emma, her elder brother who lived in the States.

But now I think of it, I am sure my mother lied about the cause of his death because Uncle Nathan said so. Uncle Nathan told me Uncle Emma's death was caused by ugiagbe (AIDS) and somehow I think it's true because mummy is always ashamed to speak of him.

I was lost in time as I watched the earth bow in majesty to the power of Mother Nature. Then the gate began to rattle and I was upset.

It was certainly not my father; my younger ones were in bed and Uncle Nathan would not be so stupid to enter this rain so who could be knocking? Of course I was the scapegoat that had to open the gate so I hated this individual already.

3 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
?

3 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
?

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nimk(f): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
following grin....nyc one ...but this stranger...mmmh
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by gal10(f): 9:24am On Dec 13, 2014
Woww... I am following...Welldone
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Plaitex(f): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
liking dis already... Following patiently
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
gal10:
Woww... I am following...Welldone

Plaitex:
liking dis already... Following patiently

My personal people LOL una welcome oh!
@Nimk welcome.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Timothy3113(m): 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
U no even call us
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Timothy3113(m): 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
U no even call us say una don start another story. Dai is God oo
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Timothy3113:
U no even call us say una don start another story. Dai is God oo

Nor vex we just dey start u never 2 miss
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
double post
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
?

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
q

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
?

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by missterious(f): 5:52am On Dec 14, 2014
Following smiley

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
missterious:
Following smiley

Welcome oh! Join the small band. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
Holla; Yola

Edugie was fast asleep by the time I entered the room- very unlike her. She usually sleeps late but compensates by getting up early. Sometimes I hear her singing quietly by 5 or 6 in the morning. It is very annoying but I've gotten used to it - it's like a lullaby for me now.

Osas shares the other room with Uncle Nathan. His room is much smaller. It was actually an extension of the girl's room but it was carved away to create an extra room for the boy's.

It is so small Osas has to use the same wardrobe with mummy in her bedroom while Uncle Nathan has his things in a box under the bed. Osas sleeps on the tiny bed while Uncle Nathan sleeps on the ground.

Sometimes when mummy is extra nice, Osas sleeps in her room and Uncle Nathan can have the bed to himself. It is quite rare though and in reality Uncle Nathan ends up sleeping on the couch if he can't bear the cold floor! Sometimes Niyi sleeps in the parlour with him but I don’t know where he would sleep tonight. I really don’t care.

Sometimes I wish we lived like a proper family like most of my friends. There is something terribly wrong about my own. I knew it right from time with that strange man coming in and out as he pleased. My mother said he was my father but I didn’t believe her. Some of my friend's father dropped or sometimes picked them up from school. But that man (who calls himself a father) had never done that for any of us.

He strolled in and out of our lives as he pleased but my mother never seemed to mind. I used to see him every weekend but it reduced over time. He came twice a month and later it dropped to once a month.

If I thought it was bad, I had another thing coming. It reduced to once in three months and only last year, he came twice! I'd never received a birthday card from him. I'd never spent Christmas or New-Year with him although my mother said he did when I was a baby!

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
w

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hmmm interesting
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by lenmafon: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
ehh angry u started another story u no tell me? ok 2 be forgiven u will bring a big plate of goatmeat pepper and a keg of fresh palmi. grin. how u dey na? sanu da aki(weldone @ work).
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:27am On Dec 16, 2014
lenmafon:
ehh angry u started another story u no tell me? ok 2 be forgiven u will bring a big plate of goatmeat pepper and a keg of fresh palmi. grin. how u dey na? sanu da aki(weldone @ work).

Choi sharply complies. LOL

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:30am On Dec 16, 2014
?

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:31am On Dec 16, 2014
?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.